All Comments on 'Family Guy'

by cpete

Sort by:
  • 157 Comments
BigJohn601BigJohn601over 11 years ago
Well it did show some thought.....

But it is a little pale compared to some of your other stories. Getting mellow in your old age?

hikewithapackhikewithapackover 11 years ago
interesting story line

I liked it. I got a little lost in the time frame changes and lost the plot a bit at times. In particular, I was confused because it seemed like you were implying that Amanda had other affairs because she didn't want to go on trips with the family in the SUV. Keep up the good work.

bigguy323bigguy323over 11 years ago
Nice story. The ending was a little flat. I'm not sure exactly what would happen if a man withdrew from his wife for ten years.

It's kind of hard to believe that "she" would not notice, but I guess it's not totally implausible.

I think I would have figured out a way to conceal more of my assets. Also, I'd like an explanation of how he "deferred" the income from raises and promotions he did not receive. That sounds a bit odd to me.

All in all a nice story. I prefer stories where there is a bit of 'hard' revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
pretty depressing

if your a man and i mean man not the sickos that show up on this site they are just males.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanover 11 years ago
It was depressing

because it is true. How fucked up is our system. They say law is about fairness and equality, don't see that in this tale. I liked that you did not have the standard clique ending. As for hard revenge, can anyone say prison time. We live in a society where the inequality of the past is used to create the inequality of the present. 44 states where men are required to pay for another man's kids. No wonder the murder rate is so high. I gave this a ***** because the author did not sugar coat the ugly truth.

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
Good job!

Classic cpete! I missed you, man! Your writing style and stories are like a cross between SS06 and Slirpuff. This story had a very interesting premise, and I thought your development of the hero's background was effective in explaning his choice. Hard not to feel bad for the first wife, at least a little; though her knowledge of the results of her (one time?-if she is to be believed) affair made it easier to accept hubby's abandonment of her.

Fact is, the Family Guy got off easier by carrying her carcass around for 10 more years. If she is less re-marriageable as a result? Well, just desserts, I guess.

Your strories are oftentimes rather farcicle, and this was no exception. In reality, wife's new job or not, the hubby's attitude after discovery would almost certainly have changed the dynamic of the marriage for the worse. The irony is that the hubby had to swallow his pride for 10 years, but is better off (and wife correspondingly worse off) at the end of it.

Nice built-in replacement. The neighbor as the new woman was obvious, but realistic. She knew who he was, and what she would be getting-and she liked it! Women are like tazmanian devils over men, at times.

Loved your humor, too, cpete. I think my dad and the hero's dad might have been the same guy. Thanks.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
Ditto ! In Regards to all Complimentary Items in Previous Comments !

You have a spooky dark comedic gift for channeling rationalization/ excuse speak of cheating females when confronted with their misdeeds. It's funny and yet not . One laughs incredulously at initial review and then shivers at 2nd read-through.

I notice you also specialize in hard working narrators are benign non-violent, confrontation adverse men in many ways at the start, who become resourceful in terms of extracting their pound of flesh at metaphorical levels. This story had minimal fireworks and was a vehicle for statistical footnotes presented at the end.

This isn't lasar cutting-edge C-pete where passion is forefront but still glass smooth reading. Thank you for eminently worthwhile and dare I say educational story with nervous giggles judiciously distributed throughout from tense introduction to ultimately happy conclusion.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
A Dish Best Served Cold

Not a big fan of 'elaborate set-up to get rid of a cheater' stories, but this one was done with some (lawyer-inspired) restraint. Between prior experience of Hubby's 'brother' and sage advice bequethed from their Dad, hasty actions were squelched and a long-term solution was acheived. Neither the original tryst, nor the après-divorce get-together with the new Sweetie was very erotic, which was OK in the context of the story, although not-so-much within the context of LIT!

Writing mechanics were very adequate, just a few small'uns which didn't interfere with reading. Retrospective events were well-demarcated and overall flow was good!

4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good read

Kinda predictable. Obvious he would end up with Kathy. Kinda preachy what with dad's remembered soliloquy's, the legal statistics and the megabank. But writers should be documenting the human suffering caused by the "Great Recession" as part of their stories. In the end, a good premise, good characters, good story, and a good read.

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
I had a problem with the ten years of loveless marriage.

Unless the wife was 'busy' elsewhere I'm sure that any woman would have worked out that something was drastically wrong.

It is a somewhat sad and cautionary tale, but it made for compulsive reading.

killerwhale681killerwhale681over 11 years ago
Another jewel of a read

Well, a Doberman wasn't used to savage the family jewels this time, but the point was once again made about marriage 2.0, and the way divorce law and paternity law is so unfair.......5 stars btw.....thanks for all the thought and hard work you put into the story. The way things are now, I really don't believe a young man should try to raise a family in the face of such draconian divorce laws......and, yes, I understand the long-term implications for our society....as well as you have pointed out.

mitchfrenmitchfrenover 11 years ago
That really was slow burn!

Well written and believeable - and a lot of it grounded in genuine facts that ought to give everyone pause for thought.

I know his brother suggested giving her a bit of excitement to keep her happy, but you didn't really explore that so I would have liked a little more info about he managed to keep her happy and unawares - because 10 years is a very long time!

But that didn't detract from the story which was a near-hypnotic read!

oscar73oscar73over 11 years ago
Real deal

This story was written from a real point of view. it had a believable plot and ending. Might even be nice to see what happens to amanda after she tries to move on.

harbormaster1harbormaster1over 11 years ago
best thing since blood from a turnip

this is an author with talent......wow keep writing we await more...great story....go for the gold

MrVdogMrVdogover 11 years ago
And the lesson is -

Make sure you love her enough to pay for all her mistakes.

pogmapogmaover 11 years ago
Pretty darn good.......

I have to agree with the comments about the middle being a little disconnected but it still worked pretty well. As for the 10 years of crappy marriage, think of all the people that stay married because their church says you're a godless sinner if you divorce. Hell, I might be different but it seems like the bigger the sin the more fun I'm having.

Keep it up.

nakdsubnakdsubover 11 years ago
I was a good read...

Thanks, well written and well thought out. Good job.

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Great Read****

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I don't get it

Next to the Stang Cpete is my favorite author, but I can't buy this one. It was well written, but I have several big problems. After ten years or so of living with what she did, he had to have seen that there were no recurrences. His wife wasn't a cheater she just made a mistake. If he loved her enough to marry her why not forgive her that one time. If he hated her so much that he still wanted to divorce her after all of that time how was he able to live with her for that long?. If he truly hated her why not just forget a out the legal system and just walk away? Even in the end his wife tried to fight for him and their marriage when he didn't even have enough guts to confront her about what she'd done. He just comes off as gutless to me. And then the ultimate insult was to move in across the street from her knowing that she still loves him. In exchange for one thoughtless act by a very young mother, he tortured her for years. Sorry Cpete this wasn't your best.

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Good Read

Strange people like a young widow who goes twenty years without sex. I have to admit that the wife should have imagined that something was up, or rather down.

I was going to ask when changing the divorce laws to a more positive pathway would become an issue but it is obvious that a majority would be in favor of changing the laws in the few states not in step!

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xover 11 years ago

Good story thanks, the good guy wins and the bad cheating wife loses, thanks for that. 5 stars from me.

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 11 years ago
Good Read

This is probably one of the best reality checks as to what will actually happen when one goes through with a divorce. Mark decided to continue on, "for the sake of the children", and that's probably the best path, but it doesn't sit well. This is probably why there are so many BTB stories on Literotica, because of the frustation one feels by doing the right thing. Thank You,

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 11 years ago
I thought the story was very realistic

It seemed as if he was thinking with his head instead of his heart when he decided to stay with his wife,until the children were of age, instead of kicking her to the curb right away.

The way the divorce laws are set up to favor of the wife,he at least didn't have to pay her alimony, and child support.

I didn't understand the property division though. I thought it would have been better to sell the house and split any profit, and be done with any dealings with her.

A great story.

Thanks for the read

GualterioGualterioover 11 years ago
Well done!

This is a well-written story without bothersome grammar or spelling errors. The information about divorce had a ring of truth to it and there is even some good humor. All in all a nice fun read. Thanks!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
FORGIVE? BULLSHIT!

I agree with you, Mark was very strong in his will to revenge. But he had every right. He was right. She had every opportunity to ask forgiveness but failed to do it.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 11 years ago
Nice read

A few writing errors and typos did not detract from the story. The questions raised by other comments echo some of my thoughts. How does one fake it for 10 years? Pretty difficult to have sex with someone you despise. Also wonder about the option of counseling. I question whether Amanda would have been one of the 55% to plan divorce during counseling. I also think the kids would have known something was wrong between the "parents." Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
good story

one weak point , what wife would stay in a sexless marriage for 10 years and not ask what was going on. she made a major error by having that baby and in the end she paid. i cannot belive if this is true that a man whose is married would be forced to pay child support to a child he did not conceive. in 44 states no less, i have to think something is wrong with the law that protects this person..just is not right.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 11 years ago
Good Story

Five stars for sure. I was really fortunate - first wife didn't want the kids, so I got full custody. As time passes, I realize how fortunate I was. However, the comments about the kids getting screwed up noted in this story is true - my kids came out sort of mostly OK but not as mentally healthy as they would have been otherwise. Good story.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
FAMILES.....NEIGHBORS.....AND AFFAIRS

when there is no winners, can there be a sore loser, TK U MLJ LV NV

JonTaylorJonTaylorover 11 years ago
Entertaining

I risk public hanging from most commenters, but avoiding ten years of stressful life in that house by confronting her right away and dealing with the problems (yes, with reconciliation as the goal) would have had better results. Just sayin. Some grammar gaffs. Example: top of last page, "...much more deeper..." Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The first two paragraphs were so full of shit

I gave up. 1*

sugnasugnaover 11 years ago
This is what it is all about

This is what all men should aspire to. Do not let anything keep you from this goal, even a wife that turns out to be a dud. Other than cheating there are many ways a wife can screw up a marriage. Your job is to do your job as best as you can regardless of the treachery in your midst. Most men say they are willing to die for their children, but can they handle 10-20 years of torture? I am going to keep the except below as a reminder and inspiration! Thank you for your words of wisdom.

"Many men are fathers, but fewer fathers are men. To be a man who is a father, your first, last, and only priority is your children. If there is not enough food, you go hungry. Not enough shelter, you endure the cold. If there ain't enough money, you do without. Most important is strength. You must be strong at all times for your family, and I am not talking about some blowhard show that buckles when the going gets tough. You must not only show strength, but also be strong enough to seek out, and accept help when needed. You will never know how strong you are, until strength is all you have.

Son, you will often be wrong, but you can never be in doubt. This is expected and accepted as a true Man. Your efforts will rarely be appreciated, or acknowledged, most times ridiculed, but a real true man does not do this for accolades or praise, he does this for his family, for his children, because he is a true and real MAN."

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
I may sound heartless in this

His choices are live with a lying slut along with her bastard child or be broke.......humm. I would rather be broke and homeless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Best Line..

Lawyer talking about wife getting kids.

"..unless you have video of your wife Amanda force feeding your kids Red Bull as toddlers, and making them fight each other for .prize money."

Ha Ha Ha -too funny

MortonGrangeMortonGrangeover 11 years ago
Thanks

A grown-up and well-written story. Takes all the cliches and puts them to a better use. Revenge fantasies are all very well - I'm a sucker for them myself - but the challenge is to be realistic in a way that the reader can relate to. This story succeeds very well and provides some satisfying justice at the end. I would like to have seen more analysis of the wife's character as this, I think, would have dealt with my one quibble: I think she would have noticed the freeze on relations with her husband, and this would have had its own consequences. Thanks for a good read.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
An Excellent Romantic Revenge Story with 5*****

1. The Revenge stories have 3 subgroups. The Cruel Revenge Stories, the Modern Figaro Type Revenge Stories and the Romantic Revenge Stories. What is like a true Romantic Revenge Story? Not only to show well to live better without the ex, but to show in the story the ex who knows this. But THE BEST ROMANTIC SITUATION WHEN THE EXWIFE SEES THIS EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Papatoad has some good revenge stories (from all 3 subgroups) , where the husbands waited when the youngest child became 18 years old, and ..............

3. Only 6 states where the modern Science the DNA test arrived to. I understand The Federal Family Law is not valid in the local divorce proceedings. Whether is there special law assisting contract between Australia and USA? If it there is not such law contract then exhusband could emigrate to Australia to avoid the bastard children support.....................

4. In Hungary and the Scandinavian countries the 40% of the newborn are born out of marriage. The majorities of these babies live in special without marriage families.

Sometimes after 10 -15 years some pairs decide on marriage, but some pairs remain together without marriage. In this case the DNA test can be a good trust strengthening factor. The children will be great remembering when our parents got married...............

5. I put this story in my favorits and 5*****.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Those fable principles

It is difficult to understand the readers, that many stories against being it seems to be near to life one, the story is a fable story to show something general thought, idea.

The story to be Romantic Revenge Story and it is an excellent fable story as well.

The posters wrote in their comment about the without hot love 10 years. Yes it may say the husband did sex but not love and the overworked wife did not notice. I think the fable story element is better explanation. I wrote several times the modern marriage founds on mutuality. The cheating is good oportunity to give up for the betrayed spouse. The gave up mutuality can mean a betrayed spouse to plan the end of the marriage when the youngest child became 18 years old and this spouse plays an Oscar award actor/actress role in the marriage. The story's first fable principle is to show the effect of the mutuality, but the neighbor's widow is as Second Chance woman is good Romantic Revenge Situation. Kathy who lived alone after death of her husband is a principle for the fable story and the Romantic Revenge Situation to the neighbor to his exwife....................

The second fable principle that the true father is who brings up the children well and cpte showed this in 2 steps: with Mark's brother from Easter Europe and with his second son in the second step.

I voted on SOL as well....................

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Newer fable principle

More fable principles from the story: Eric told Mark Eric had been a girlfriend who had cheated on Eric with Eric's senior partner. Eric told Mark he had not left the company at once, he had waited a longer time and he had taken 2 other good lawyers and he had gotten benefit. He did not kick in the curb his girlfriend at once, but he used her as a charge of free prostitutes, until he found a newer girfriend.

This is 2 examples to show not exactly the at once answer the only answer, and Mark did a delayed answer in the story. I wrote several time I do not think willing cuckold that husband who waits until his youngest child becomes 18 years old.......

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Apology

I am sorry..... free of charge......

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I liked it: 5*****

Thanks for writing. tom anon

Danger09Danger09over 11 years ago
I liked it

You used some of my favorite phrases in identifying a cum slut... I have another one cum guzzling whore... I liked this story, I'm not sure why he stayed married to the cum slut, I can only assume it was due to the kids, I don't think I would've been as nice as mark if I was a man... Very nice story... & starting a relationship with her friend is an even better revenge, because it was not planned or anticipated...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Another clichéd scenario that should disappear

This story contains one of the two scenarios that I believe should be banished from this category; the lawyer that doesn't want your money and talks you out of taking legal action. The other being the husband that runs away living off the grid.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
One Last Comment ( I Promise )

As often happens with stories that resonate at different levels , something cc this story niggled at the mind . There was a part of me that was wondering if the husband had been just a bit draconion with his wife who had a brief affair with neighbor. about 15 years in the past.

The wife never repeated the grievous offense & was alone & bereft when narrator left her. There was a small part of me that felt sorry for her . Did she deserve that sympathy , however ? Ultimately this was my conclusion.

Strike one: she never should have stepped out on husband in the first place. It was a tough time with new baby, being alone and hubby doing double duty at school / work. Having a fling with a semi-employed photographer residing on parents' basement is so not the answer.

Strike two : Amanda should have confessed everything when confronted at year ten of marriage by husband. In the shock of the accusation , perhaps it was impossible to admit the betrayal but if she had fessed ' up everything shortly after that she would have had a hope at forgiveness.

She had zilch chances, which was the case after youngest son packed college bags. Marriage is a partnership with balanced of power inherent within the relationship . The wife didn't want to give up any sway or say that would have been lost once her transgression was brought into the light.

Strike three ( she's outta there ! ) : there was a meager chance at retrieval post stonewalling the accusation . Amanda should have made herself indispensable to her kids and husband. This was not the case. She wasnt a shrew or orgeress. Her full-time job helped out in the family economics.

That level, however, is where her contributions pretty much ceased. The kids & husband made their own meals. She was a bystander parent with kids activities. Amanda didn't take initiative carnally with her husband ( who was raising one kid

not sired by him) . She made herself dispensable to a prideful man who did not take shortcuts, himself.

The result was when the opportune time arrived : he left her in short order. Many men would have stayed. The affair was one & done, far in the past. She was attractive, made good money. She was reasonably obliging at marital relations.

This was would have been for good for many but not him. The narrator held her to the same standards , he held himself to. Hard but fair, man. I honestly wish the character luck in the future. She could have been worse but clearly SHOULD have been better to merit a lifetime with a very good, but very prideful man.

Darn you C-pete for writing these stories that gnaw at back end of conciousness . I'm like your narrators - got things to do. But this had to be done first. Thanks so much again . Gotta go.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 11 years ago
Keep it up!

Couldn´t quit reading. Nice story, I really enjoyed it. Most surprising: A Lawyer advises against divorce procedures...very interesting plot. Please more!

ttom76ttom76over 11 years ago
Excellent story

Thanks for a realistic story, what a relief! So many stories here have no basis in fact. In most states, no one cares if there was adultery, in fact, in California, you can't even claim it for a cause of action.

I don't think he said he'd never have sex with his wife, guys.

I don't know if I would go the route this guy did. I would have checked to see if her late nights had any extra activities. Excellent story, consistent characters, thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Excellent!

CP,

Very good job. The emotional side of things was very well done.

Matt

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Comments

I think some of the other posters' comments about cliched plot elements are correct. There are zero lawyers who will advise against legal action, even when it's obviously in your best interest. They don't call them "sharks" for nothing; these people have no conscience, at least not in America.

The bit at the end where Amanda goes hysterical because her ex-husband is spending time with Kathy, and keeps insisting they're going to get back together, was kinda lame and unbelievable. I can't count how many times I've read that exact same element here on Literotica.

I think a much better ending would have been Amanda insisting he date Kathy, and all three of them move into the nice, big house together and forming a polyamorous relationship, with Amanda and Mark putting their love back together while Kathy and Mark have a similarly loving relationship. Some lesbo love between the two women would be good too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
not a bad story

Pretty good story, I don't know about other readers but I found it an entertaining read. The bit of realism from the lawyer was nice for a change. The only thing missing from the story was some kind of confrontation with the other man. It didn't need to be a violent confrontation. The guy said he "wanted to make amends". So I would have let him, or at least asked him how he would make amends to someone who was raising his son for years.

Keep on writing CPete

Grant

Petitor@gmail.com

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Revenge and fable story

@ Anon, both women have children and all children understand well Kathy and Mark connection, but a polyamorous connection would be difficult to understand for them. All 3 participians are parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Moreover Mark is a very responsible parent.

@ LordSlamdawgg... The Author's story is fable story which is very near to the life in the plot.

Thecelt has an excellent reconcilation story "Special Day Ch. 04", where the husband knew from the birth of his daughter is not his and he decided on following the marriage, because the wife is a trophy wife. . The wife will not be more affair and she does a mistake, because she does not know the husband knows the secret. Howevert they do a succesful reconcilation, because their daughter assists them.

Here the author wanted to show the effect of the mutuality with responsible for the children, which means the husband decides on the divorce, but he waits more years to accomplish it. In Thecelt's story Jim decides on the marriage after Jennifer birth, but Mark decides on divorce, when he knows the true. What a different!!!!!!

Cpete wanted a Romantic Revenge Story to show us readers how a husband could be responsible for his children and he is not a whimp. In Thecelt's story Jim chased the biological father from Clevelend to Michigan, so the Author shows Jim is not a whimp. It may be in the true life they remains together, because they have common child, the wife has not more affairs, etc., but the Author wants to show it can be a divorce after several years later for a bastard producing affair when the children become adult and the exwife can see the neighbor woman's success everyday. An excellent FABLE STORY TO SPEAK IN ROMANTIC REVENGE STORY PLOT, which shows us what is the mutuality in the marriage..

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Apology

I am sorry ....TO SPIKE IN A ROMANTIC REVENGE STORY............

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 11 years ago
Very unusual...

For a man to be rational enough to stay in a marriage rather than take the emotional way out, even when confronted with what it would cost him. This story was good for showing the costs of the options.

Thanks.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

Excellent writing. Great tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A good story.....

It had a much better ending than the re-imagining done by chilleywillie. His story was good but I hate when evil wins.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Great Tale

A cheating wife always seems to think that what she did should be forgiven with no problem. Well the cunt was surprised here. The fact that Mark the husband waited for the kids to become adults just shows his character as a man. Very ironic that Mark wound up with the neighbor. Just drives his ex crazy. Fuck her.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
What is like a Romantic Revenge Story?

To live better is not revenge, but to couse emotional shock for the cheater with this, that is a Romantic Revenge.

However Cpete wrote his story such direction, that this emotinal shock is every day.......

From this story is better Romantic Revenge, because the exwife closes her house door, she does not see the Romantic Revenge, but in Vulcez's story "How Are You?" (Second Husband for the cheating wife) Frank's favorite Author is the exhusband, so after finishing the mobile conversation the Romantic Revenge remains in the condo!!!!!!!!!

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Apology

I am sorry I write too quickly:1. What is IT like a Romantic Revenge Story?

2. From this story THERE is better Romantic Revenge Story,.............

user110user110over 11 years ago
man cave?!

so tell me what you know of the machine.

norcal62norcal62about 11 years ago
Once again, as so often, we have a LW author who doesn't know how to use

contractions. Wonder why this is? Sure makes the story a lot stiffer; like

dough that's been kneaded too long.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
One more thought ...

I just read this again in anticipation of reading the redux offered by another reader. This was clearly a great story that was not predictable - it didn't tie up into a nice happy bow for this guy. He got the girl in the end, but he wasted many good years. I do wonder why he wouldn't actually try to rebuild the marriage once he decided against divorce. Yes, I know, he was wronged! But, he chose to stick around. I understand the lawyers reasoning, but if my wife had done that to me there would be no way I could stay around. Suffer the consequences and get out. Or at least use your brain to come up with an alternate plan. If you are going to stay, talk it out and make a go at reconciliation. What is the worst that could happen? She cheats again? Additionally, I didn't feel like the wife's character was developed adequately. You had her yelling and fighting for her husband at the end without filling the reader in on her own private thoughts. Did she really love him? Was this a one time mistake? If she continued cheating with other guys, then her end of tale ranting is Detestable. If she truly did love him and had made just this one time mistake, then the rantings are from a broken heart. The reader might still choose to hate her, but at least it would conjure up more emotional pain. A better developed backstory would have made a difference as to whether the reader hates the wife, or finds at least some sympathy with her plight. Without a backstory, her rantings are simply background noise inconsequential to the storyline.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
Two problems

A decade long sexless marriage and Kathy hadn't been with a man in two decades. Puh-leaze just not realistic.

ValundarValundarover 10 years ago
* * * * *

"..next time let there be more instead of less around the table, and Lord protect us from your followers.".

You earned a 5 * for that line alone.

That said, it was worthy of those 5 stars either way!

Excellent work!!!!!

imhaplessimhaplessover 10 years ago
Cute and entertaining

An easy 5

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilover 10 years ago
too truthful

Those facts about how men are treated by the system are just too painful to acknowledge. When I hear people arguing in favor of abortion by saying that they don't think women should have to pay for a mistake, I wonder why they are so willing force men to pay for someone else's.

Great story, You are becoming one of my favorites here.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 10 years ago
Nicely written...

... but really, on closer look, a very depressing story with a lot of loose ends. Kathy's refusal to marry Mark at the end of the story sealed his position as a very unlucky man, indeed.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 10 years ago
The problem I felt with this story

is that Amanda was never the shrew she was made out to be at the end. I thought her character was artificially morphed to meet the storyline.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
THE FAMILY GUY

turns it into a family affair. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
My only complaint was logic:

He's a pretty sorted kind of guy, but when a woman said her car wouldn't start he just went out and bought a starter!

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 10 years ago
Enjoyed it but,

Please don't contribute to the climate change bullshit. Flora breaths in CO2 and breaths out O2. Your carbon footprint is feeding the rainforests, not decimating them!

This ruse is just a corrupt government's attempt to finally tax the air we breathe!

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
I had my doubts regarding the outcome

after reading the no win circumstances of a no fault divorce.

then I became depressed thinking about the next decade of loneliness and solitude while trapped in a loveless marriage.

I too would like to have seen Josh the neighborhood drunk take some responsibility and be required to pay for his actions.

After reading to the end I went back and tried to figure out the opening paragraphs and reconcile them with the saga that followed. couldn't do it. it was like it all started in one direction and went another.

oh well.

reality can be so depressing when presented like this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I liked the story...

Lots of typos and double repeated words and other major errors. I think you just need to find a good editors person here on Literotica, to properly edit and proof your story copy, before you ever post it here. I'm pretty sure many of the great writers on this site, one or two would help you out with that.

Still, regardless this is a real good story.

As author, you managed to really set out in detail all the horrible damage and trauma, Amanda caused everyone in her life, she said she loved most, when she was exposed as the worthless, cheating, lying, whoring slut she truly was.

Through the big shot divorce attorneys words to Dave, when he wanted to divorce Amanda, you detailed the truth about Americas no fault divorce laws and how crooked and totally fucked-up the US child support system really is. I thank you for so craftily exposing all these horrible problems with in Americas divorce/family court legal system, which itself is so totally lop-sided in women's favor, whether they are whoring sluts, or not. How crooked and utterly bigoted and biased it is against most husbands, who would be the best choice as custodial parents of small children, in many of the divorce cases, the last many years.

The one bit of irony with that whole fucked-up system in US, is the fact that Not only can a woman's boyfriend, who is no relation to her children by other men, they can be forced to pay child support for her kids, not even their own; but divorced men can be awarded full custody of their children and still be forced to pay child support for children living with them full time, in their own home!

I know I had to pay child support for my own children, I had legal custody of, that lived with me! Go Figure!

RE: Lance_Spearman comment, most recent page, about this story:

LANCE: Amanda wasn't morphed into the raving bitch, just to fit the story-line, by end of this story.

Read the story again, all the way through!

Her husband had the porno pics she'd taken with Josh fucking her. He'd already found out, then proved via DNA results, that the second child, Amanda told him was his, was actually her and Josh's child, when they'd had unprotected sex, while taking the porno pics, while Josh fucked her.

Remember, that was almost 20 years earlier, in the first two years of their marriage. Amanda lied to her husband every day after that, letting him raise her whelp, from Josh's loins, as his own child.

Years later, after Dave knew she had cheated on him, Dave let Amanda hang herself with her own lies, when he started talking about their weird neighbor Josh the drunk, and asking Amanda if she remembered him? When Amanda started defending and describing Josh as not that bad, making excuses for him, Dave simply asked her basic questions about why she was defending him, what was she so defensive about him for, why and what, was she making herself sound and look so guilty for? That is, unless she wasn't telling him the whole story about how she knew Josh so well?

Amanda clammed-up then and lied through her teeth again, when her husband already long since had the proof of her infidelity to him, with Josh, in all the pics he sent of them fucking around in his basement room.

That time, again Amanda got angry and loud with Dave, for simply asking basic questions about how she knew so much about Josh and why she was acting so guilty, if she'd not done anything wrong with Josh? Remember Dave never did blatantly accuse Amanda of cheating on him with Josh, he simply let Amanda hang herself, with her own tongue!

Then, years later, after her husband stayed in the marriage, just to provide well for his children, one of which he knew was not his; still he gave both his children everything, had nothing further to do with Amanda, but did not mistreat her at all, either.

Later, when she slipped up, accusing him of cheating on her and threw her wine glass at him, so mad at him for wanting a divorce and to sell their home, after both children had gone off to college, Amanda threw a fit, went into the rage with Dave.

That is, until in their kitchen Dave opened the envelope and tossed all the worst pics of her and Josh having sex, all those years ago, and shut her up. Then he showed her the official recent DNA tests, that proved their youngest child was Josh and hers.

Their divorce went through fairly fast, after that.

After the divorce, Amanda always treated him like shit, went into raving rages with him, that is, when she wasn't trying to beg him to come back home to her. Fucking slut was a frigging nut-case!

Remember the end of the story, where he and Kathy moved into together at Kathy's home across the street? That didn't happen until some years later!

So, Amanda's jealousy and raging anger at them both, was nothing new, at stories end!

Amanda was a conniving, raging angry, bitter, lying, cheating, whoring, worthless slut, who's whoring ways with Josh, in the end, years later, lost her everything she wanted, because she cheated on her husband, years before and had another mans child.

Amanda was a worthless, whoring, cheating, lying slut and a pile of human shit-slime!

You know about shit-slime, Lance? It's that puddle of thick stinking fluid that collects around a pile of shit, after the pile has baked in the hot sunlight for hours? Unlike the shit, which can be used as fertilizer, in some instances, (such as horse or cow shit can be), shit-slime is worthless for any use and just STINKS to high heaven!

Just like all the worthless lying excuses and justifications Amanda gave Dave so many years later, for cheating on him when he was working double shifts to provide for them both, in the first two years of their marriage.

Isn't all the lies cheaters give, when exposed for the worthless cheaters, piles of human shit-slime they really are, they all lie to defend their cheating, make lying excuses and worthless justifications for it all and blaming the innocent spouse. Isn't that all...stinking rotten shit-slime? Isn't it only logic, that worthless cheaters, whom are all stinking puddles of human shit-slime, would produce nothing but worthless, horrid stench from all their lies and stupid rationalizations for their lurid infidelity?

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 10 years ago
Another nice one

Great story again. My only question is how he managed to live with her for another decade or so, even with the reduced contact hours. She told him they hadn't been having sex much "the last couple of years", so I wonder how he handled things before that?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Damn

Fucking cheaters. They screw up everything. Cheating whore know one of the kids wasn't her husbands yet she continued life as if nothing happened. Glad she was finally caught and is now alone. Stupid bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This is the second time I have read this story. I enjoyed reading it both times.

The divorce laws in these United States should be illegal, the way they give the advantage to the mothers no matter what they have done. A felony arrest and conviction is about the only thing that slows the rapacious judges down somewhat. Of course, I believe that men should support their children, without a doubt.

In cases like this when the women are bitches and the men cannot get out of the relationship without ruining themselves financially, a happy accident is recommended. You might as well spend your life in prison as to be in a prison with an unfaithful bitch to whom you are tied. Just my opinion.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
I CAN SEE WHERE LIVING DANGEROUSLY

can get to be a bad habit. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A good story, un-lucky guy

This was a good story, thank you for writing. Someone could write a sequel based on Mark and Kathy though. Her comment about not marrying him I think demonstrates or at least hints at a lack of commitment that someone with his prior experiences might not appreciate. He was previously married, and she made him raise another guys child. What in the hell is a live-in girlfriend that refuses marriage capable of? Thanks for writing.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
I generally enjoy

cpete stories. This was no exception, but it is not one of his best. Was Amanda always a shrew, or just during and after the divorce? This is the typical one-time, drunken..... That is if we are to believe Amanda. It was also complicated by her pregnancy. I can see why another author took a shot at rewriting this with reconciliation. That story has such a low rating I won't read it.

This story was edited. Really?

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Horny?

“you and I had not had sex in a while. I was feeling real horny”

And MARK wasn’t “feeling real horny”? I’m SURE if she caught him cheating she’d accept that excuse, heck, we just saw how she reacted just THINKING he cheated!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
Second time through...

enjoyed it. Five stars. Would have liked clarity regarding how often she cheated.

davwoodavwooover 8 years ago
Staying married after infidelity

In hindsight I wish I had read this story give years ago. I have experienced a very bitter separation and divorce. Now my ex wife is fighting for our house and half of my savings while my 16 year old son chooses to live with me. He is the real casualty being traumatized by the acrimonious events. The law is so rediculous that I was required to pay child support while my son lived with me. I should have hunkered down and lived with my cheating wife all be it in separate bedrooms. Divorce laws and the judicial system favor the wife even if she is a cheating bitch.

palewriterpalewriterover 8 years ago
@davwoo And as you hunkered down...

Your son would have been exposed to more anger and resentment on the part of both of you. There is no easy solution but the notion of staying together for the sake of the kids probably doesn't do the kids any favors. I think that it may be closer to the mark to say staying together for the sake of the assets.

A no win situation. You have my sympathy and my empathy

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 8 years ago
Still Like The Story, But

Damn it man! Use contractions!

It's really annoying to "hear" your characters speak. I've been coast to coast in the US, been to Canada and England. People almost always use won't, can't, I've, etc. They might say "I've not" or "I haven't" depending on where they're from, but it's rare to hear "I have not."

The exceptions tend to be English as a second language or emphasis.

Tom says "I won't."

Jane argues "You will! You'll do it or else!"

Tom growls "I, will, not!"

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Re-Reading

"But I promised myself I would only get married once in my life. I hope you can understand." - Actually, I DON'T understand! I GUESS I might be able to understand if her first marriage ended in divorce, but she was a WIDOW, it's not like she failed at her first marriage.

MrFluffyCatMrFluffyCatover 8 years ago

Bittersweet ending he ends up with a woman that will never see him as the love of her life. At least it's better than staying with an unfaithful woman.

MbgdallasMbgdallasabout 8 years ago
Idiot.

What an unmitigated idiot. It was long over. A mistake. He knew no difference. To do what he did 10 years later is just stupid and I don't by that he didn't still love her. If he ever loved her it wouldn't have evaporated that easily.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Funny how many of the cucks

Like Mbgdallas want to make Mark the bad guy.

I don't understand why he has decided to try to make a life with a woman who is hanging on to her dead husband. There is something seriously wrong with her and he has some self esteem issues for sticking around with her. Because it is broke. She doesn't love him. He's handy for her.

HeWhoGoesThereHeWhoGoesThereabout 8 years ago
The moral of the story...

Kids ruin everything. That's the only thing I took away from this tale. If not for the kids, he wouldn't have "had" to waste ten years of his life with a woman he didn't love anymore. Oh well.

I still liked the story well enough, though I couldn't help but roll my eyes at Mr. Bigshot's soapbox bullshit. He should've stopped with just the facts; that a husband has a 99.999999999999999999999999999% chance of getting completely and utterly screwed by the legal system when kids are involved. That was enough. But nooo, he had to go into his spiel about "real men". Real men raise bastard kids without complaint? Real stupid men, maybe. That's the kind of crap suckers say to make themselves feel better about the bleak outlook of their situation. If it had been framed as such in the story, I wouldn't have had a problem with it. But the story acts like he dropped some actual wisdom and made a good point.

3 stars from me.

FD45FD45about 8 years ago
HeWhoGoesThere

I wonder if you asked the kids about his actions, what their reaction would be?

This father is not playing to an audience of you He is playing to the audience of his kids. So of course his actions are unfathomable to you.

HeWhoGoesThereHeWhoGoesThereabout 8 years ago
FD45

Read my comment again, thoroughly this time, and you'll find your remarks irrelevant to what I said. I fathom is actions just fine, and I understand the reasons behind them as well; hence why I said "kids ruin everything".

My issue is, as I said, with the soapbox bullshit about "real men". Like raising bastards is some noble act of sacrifice, as opposed to a gentler ass-fucking than you'd get in court -aka the reality of the situation. Mr. Bigshot spells out that reality in plain English, and if it had stopped there, I'd have rated the story a 4. But it didn't, and what followed sounded like it was a passage from a very blunt self-help book.

I mean, really? Tell me, how is that any different from someone saying, "It takes a REAL man to eat a creampie!" or "A REAL man would murder the cunt and her lover with his bare hands!", or any of the other crap you'd see in the comments of any given LW story? Anything about what a "real man" would do is one of those things that instantly renders the argument/opinion invalid. But here it's treated like some profound wisdom. Not buying it.

sugnasugnaabout 8 years ago
Still love this one

Maybe the most reasonable response to a cheating wife. He fulfills his duties to his sons and then fulfills his duty to himself.

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 8 years ago
Real man or not

He saw the writing on the wall. The lawyer gave it to him straight, no matter what he was on the hook for the bastard kid. So what is he to do? Make everyone miserable while proclaiming that he was cucked? Or as he said make himself happy. He went with door number two, he took care of the kids, got himself his monster suv, did whatever made him happy and delegated the wife to almost roommate status. As soon as the youngest were out, he cut out. I am fairly sure that she continued to cheat, as she started with her spiel of later working hours. He just didn't care about her. As they say, perception is reality. He perceived that he was a real man, and acted accordingly.

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 8 years ago
just me

When asking her ex how she could explain it to the boys, I believe his reply should have been "if the shoe fits". Excellent story though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Kind Of A Wet Noodle

Sure must be nice to have a badass, ultra-Dad who can leave all sorts of aphorisms and maxims and other assorted timeless verbiage to support you in your long-suffering pilgrimmage to the Valhalla of Fatherhood.

The biggest problem in this story is that the emotional tumor that the father has to carry around for ten years is somewhat unreasonable as a plot device. Better to throw his cards on the table, even if he doesn't plan on leaving her.

Another thing that started to grate on my nerves was the wife never had much character. She had something early on, but in the end after the divorce she started to sound like one of Stangstar's absolutely stone-stupid airhead bitches. That type of thing takes the feeling and meaning out of the story.

Anyway, not sure of the great moral of the story. On the one hand, children are innocent in all of this and they DO deserve devotion and sacrifice from the parents. It's just that it didn't make for a very good story this time. Kind of a let down, despite the nice get together with hubby and the neighbor hottie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1* Because...

"Mark." Kathy said, holding my head with both hands. "You are a great guy, and I want to spend the rest of our days together. But I promised myself I would only get married once in my life. I hope you can understand."

Well fuck you bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Excellent Story

This story is significantly better than radk's story "Statute of Limitations" which is just a cockold story about husband not divorcing his wife after he discovered that his wife had an affair 20 years ago. radk is the biggest cockold story writer on Literotica! But radk is such a wimp that he doesn't allow comments on his shit stories. His story discusses the point of a woman loving two different men at the same time. What bullshit. He doesn't discuss the aspect of why the wife initially thinks that it is ok to have private lunches with her future lover. Then go out to dinners with the guy BEFORE she falls in love with him. What bullshit. If the wife had really loved her husband she would not have started to date the guy behind her husbands back. At the very end of the story the husband stays married AND allows his wife to keep a picture of her dead lover so she can reminisce about her lover! At least cpete is a real man's writer.

ChuckEPooChuckEPooabout 7 years ago
Interesting story

This was written really well. Masterful character development. The ending seemed weak. Overall a solid five.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
a great story...enjoyed reading it

had he not opened the letter by mistake he would never have found out about his slut whore of a wife...even though he was working his balls off for the family...she used the excuse of being bored and him always tired to fuck around...glad he stuck it out and then royally shafted the bank....cannot see why his ex should go ape just because he is helping a neighbor...but by doing so it jump started the love between him and Kathy....would have liked to see them marry...but as he said..."If it ain't Broke, don't fix it!"...life is good for them both...he did right to get rid of the cheating skank...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
i am only giving 2*

because you destroyed what would otherwise have been a great story with the final 2 paragraphs .

fuck that bitch .

i aint good enough to marry you , then i dont want you .

2*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Re-Reading

"make me have an abortion." - As soon as she knew she was pregnant with Josh's baby she SHOULD have gotten an abortion. If she couldn't she should have confessed, not let him unknowingly raise another man's child.

It's a big house with plenty of room, why not share the house with separate bedrooms?

nit-pick - The insurance helped her to get THIS house, but she had to move? So, this must be a different house.

fisheronefisheronealmost 7 years ago
Unusual

If I can live almost ten years with her after finding out and can't find any other point of cheating, I think I would have tried to forgive and love

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous