Family Secrets Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I was shouting and pulling at my clothes, feeling them rip. I didn't care! I was trapped in them and needed out! "WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?!?"

Dad's voice was trying to break through to what was left of my mind. "This is going to hurt! The more you relax and let it happen the less it will hurt but no one can control it the first time! Just try to relax and know that this is NOT your fault!"

I back peddled into the door frame hard enough to crack the glass as I managed to rip free of my shirt. My eyes briefly caught my Mom's and I saw more tears fall before she simply flowed into the shape of a wolf! "WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?" Not even a split second later she charged through the glass door, with a brief high-pitched yelp!

I continued to pull desperately at my clothes as the pain started to overwhelm what little of 'me' there was left.

"TRY TO RELAX!"

I heard the sounds come from my father's mouth, but they no longer made any sense. How do you relax while you're hearing and feeling every bone in your body break? How do you relax when all of your internal organs are being crushed, shoved aside, or slashed open by your own broken bones? How do you relax to the sounds of your own screams being torn from your throat only to be replaced with something coming from your chest instead?

From that point, there was nothing but pain.

A lifetime later, I was looking into the eyes of the most beautiful being that ever existed. His power was overwhelming, his scent was intoxicating and his build ... pure masculinity. I wanted him! I wanted him with my entire being!

His presence, his power, and his eyes told me that I already belonged to Him. I was Pack, I was his and it also told me that if I wanted Him in return I had to be proven worthy! That was when I caught her scent.

She had Him, she was His mate, and she was ... weak!

I was suddenly moving, running ... hunting.

No, hunting wasn't right. I was chasing. I knew her scent and she was bleeding. She would not escape. I could almost hear her blood sing to me and I ran. I could smell her desperation and I ran faster. I no longer had to think of where to put my feet, they just went where they needed to be. The underbrush seemed to part on its own and I simply knew when to turn my head to avoid a thorn in the eye. I knew when to extend my stride to avoid a twig that could give away my position. I had become one with the forest.

The forest told me that she was afraid, that she knew I was gaining.

As much as I was one with the forest, I now knew my body just as well. Every flex of every muscle was used with purpose. The new me took inventory.

Wounds: none.

Respiration: optimal.

Heart: strong, steady.

I ran faster.

Even as we raced through the forest, we both knew that we weren't alone. The pack was aware and He was running with us. He was following. He would be there to witness. He would be mine.

She ran. I gained. He followed.

I could see her now. She had no escape.

We ran until a ridge loomed up in front of her and she turned slightly left. She was trying for a cut in the rock face that would lead to a slope and access to the top of the ridge. I knew this place. This is where it would happen and He would find me worthy.

She leapt for the gap as I caught her hind leg. She gave a yelp and we landed in a tumble, but she spun away with unexpected agility.

We faced each other with her white coat glowing in the dim moonlight. She gave a warning growl but lowered her head slightly, telling me that she would fight but didn't want to. She was submitting and that was weak!

Her ice-blue eyes looked familiar. They looked sad. She had carried a pup, and she missed her.

It was then that I realize that I knew her. I had seen her in this very space and was reminded of why He carried her scent. She was His mate. She was unworthy of Him! I am stronger, faster, and more worthy!

I growled deep and long, showing her my teeth. Showing her that she would not keep Him. He would be mine!

She leapt and the world became a blur of fur, limbs, and teeth. A thunderstorm of growling and pain. A minute went by, then two, while we fought for our lives ... for Him.

As suddenly as it started, silence fell, broken only by the sound of my panting. She had fought well but hesitated too many times. I stood over my kill but turned to Him. He had been watching from the edge of the clearing and I started for Him only to have His growl freeze me in place.

He understood my desire to claim the Alpha-Female position but would never accept me if I disrespected our pack. I had proven my might in battle but He would not consider me worthy if I disrespected my kill.

I glanced around the clearing and up along the ridge. Our pack was gathering. Most were watching me expectantly. Some were nervously fidgeting and offering quiet whines. I had taken their Alpha. Would I take her place or leave them without?

A young female was edging her way closer to Him. She was no match for me. She is far too weak to challenge me for my title but if I was rejected, she would offer herself to Him.

I growled at her and she froze as I had.

To my surprise, she slid into her human form as easily as my mother had slipped her skin to become a wolf. She was naked and not embarrassed in the least. She was pretty enough with the kind of body that only a woman in her late teens or early twenties could boast. Her flared hips implied her ability to provide pups without difficulty. I knew I wouldn't be missed if I failed. However, the sight of her humanity gave me a few moments of 'me' back to my thoughts.

I glanced back at my kill with sudden clarity. I had killed my own mother! My soul tore in two and I howled out a song of pain and loss. I was joined by my Pack and we cried together. Our pain as one.

When my song ended, I knew what I had to do. The Pack continued to sing as I set to work respecting my mother. It was the hardest thing I had ever done or would ever do in my life. I bit into her chest, ripping pelt and breaking bones. Without her fighting back the process went swiftly. A half minute later I tore my own mother's heart from her chest and ate it.

As I swallowed, I felt her. She offered her spirit to me with all of the love a mother could have for her daughter. She offered her spirit as had all the Alphas before her. I was infused with their strength and their love of pack, and a love for Him. My feelings for Him were no longer a simple jealous lust. I now felt friendship, deep respect, and a passionate desire to please Him as only a true wife could. I desired to carry his children and held a willingness to die for my pack.

I let out one last howl of grief as the pack finished their song. While I did, my mother's wolf form slid back to that of a human. She was naked but whole.

I nuzzled into her neck wanting to feel her hug me in return. I was a lost little girl and wanted my mother back. The next thing I knew He was beside me with His shoulder against mine. His touch was enough to let me know that He understood. It was also enough to let me know that now was not the time. The pack had gathered and wanted to know if He had chosen their new Alpha-Female.

The females were all gathering near Him, with the exception of the one I had growled at. She stood nearby but knew she wouldn't be chosen. She had shown weakness at a critical time. The others were presenting themselves in a clear invitation to be mated.

That was enough for me to forget my grief. I had killed my mother and I would continue to grieve for her but at that moment, I found myself angry. How could they possibly think they were worthy? They couldn't challenge my mother and I was stronger and faster than she had been before I had accepted her spirit.

I charged the group with a snarl and still bloodied teeth! They scattered with yips and whines, spinning to take up submissive poses, most of them pathetically on their backs. They knew who their Alpha was, even if it hadn't been made official yet.

Without even looking back, I lowered my shoulders, raised my hips, and waited. I was suddenly burning with desire. I didn't just want him, I needed Him. I didn't just want Him, I loved Him, I was in love with Him, and I simply couldn't exist without Him.

Moments later, my whole being whispered "Yes!" as I felt Him mount my back in preparation for mating and a moment after that, I was made whole!

He entered me with one startling thrust and I was glad I was braced. His power drove into me and latched onto my soul! As He reversed His thrust, I was drawn into Him. He into me and I into Him. Every thrust, over and over until I wasn't sure if there was any difference between us at all. And just as suddenly it was over. We had separated again but not. We were still connected by a magical bond that I could feel in my heart. I would know His needs and His wants until one of us died.

Fortunately for the pack, the reverse wasn't as strongly felt by Him. As the Alpha-Male, He couldn't be slowed down and too much emotion might make Him hesitate.

Moments later I notice the pack was gathering closer. They surrounded me with the naked woman the first to approach. She knelt near my head and wrapped my neck in a tight hug before giving my muzzle a few licks. She was cleaning her old Alpha's blood from my face. I thought it very strange until all the others began doing the same. The only difference was they were all in wolf form. They were all nuzzling, licking, and sniffing me in a show of fealty, as well as memorizing my scent.

And yes, butt sniffing is a thing. And no, it isn't sexual. And admit it, you've let your dog lick you before, just maybe not on the butt.

Anyway, there had been only one single lick that stood out from the others. As I was surrounded and being sniffed, I felt someone use their tongue on me in a way that wasn't intended to unite them with their new Alpha-Female. This lick had been sexual and had purposely driven past my vulva.

What had happened during my mating, hadn't been sexual in the sense of the usual sexual purposes. It had been for the sake of creating a magical bond between the Alpha and his chosen mate, the pack's Alpha-female, me. The introduction of a sexual element when my magical bonds with the pack were still forming would cause ripples through us all in ways that were unthinkable, even if they were unknown at the time.

The ritual greeting only lasted a few minutes longer and when it ended most of the pack simply melted back into the forest. Three males and the naked woman stayed behind but she slipped her skin, retaking her wolf form as easily as breathing.

I had no reason not to like her, she was Pack after all, but I did feel a pang of jealousy. For all of my strength, agility, speed, and my power as the Alpha-Female, I was lacking in one major skill. I had no idea how to change back.

I was actually a little frightened as the weirdness of the whole situation started to catch up with me. I still grieved for my mother but I understood that her loss was part of the natural order of our species. I had felt her join with me before her thoughts seemed to drain away leaving her strength behind for my use. A farewell gift that I knew I would someday provide to my daughter if I were to have one.

Even so, I still didn't know how to do the skin-slipping thing and I was looking around nervously when, He, suddenly stood up fully clothed. I was shocked but I guess it made sense that He was my father, if the former Alpha-Female was my mother. I simply hadn't made the connection. I should have been bothered, having just mated with my sire ... my dad. I actually tried to make the conscious decision to be freaked out, but for some reason, I simply couldn't. I had loved him since my conception. Why would I stop loving him now that we were bonded closer than any two humans could possibly be?

I watched as my father lovingly brushed a lock of hair from my mother's sleeping face, kissed her gently, and then reverently picked her up. Looking at me, he explained that I should go with the others, and they would know what to do.

A moment later my father and two of the males ran back towards our house with my mother, leaving me with the remaining two. The male barked once and they ran off slightly southbound from the path my father had taken. I knew that way would take us around the far side of the lake and then past the river. I also knew my Mate had wanted me to follow, so I did.

It wasn't very long before I realized that running with my pack was even more pleasant than running alone. Of course, I was still in my wolf form and that made the experience seem more like what I guessed a drug high might feel like. As I ran, the forest seemed to be the thing that was moving instead of me. It was difficult to really tell the difference. I no longer had to stick to the trails as the underbrush seemed to part with a thought. All I knew was that we were eating up miles at somewhere around five times my normal pace.

A few moments later I realized that I had an intense feeling of freedom and was full of joy. The feeling was overwhelming and I started laughing in my head as I effortlessly put on even more speed. Maybe this 'genetic trait' thingy wasn't as bad as it seemed.

I was waiting for my companions when they reached the rock wall they were trying to guide me to. I had simply picked up the scent trail of my pack using the spot multiple times to climb a low spot in the southern ridge of our property.

When they arrived, they simply slipped their skin and started climbing. It was a little shocking seeing a naked man for the first time in real life and this one was certainly fit. All well-defined, lean muscle covered in tanned skin and an impressive set of dangly bits.

The pair scaled the twelve-foot wall with practiced ease and once on top they both extended a hand down for me. Without thinking, I took two steps and jumped.

I wish I could say slipping my skin was much easier the second time, but at least I'd done it, sort of on purpose. My hands had formed as I reached out to clasp those of my pack. The rest of my body didn't change as automatically and I let out a strange growling scream as I was overcome with unbelievable pain.

When I could think again I was laying on my back with my head in the lap of the once again naked female. I was forced to gaze up through her cleavage to meet her eyes as she stroked my hair. I glanced down along my body to the male. He was massaging my right calf, for which I was grateful. I could feel the cramping ease with each stroke. I was, however, only grateful during the few seconds it took me to recognize that I was topless. A split second later I realized my pants were only on below the knee of my left leg. I assumed Mr. "let's get her naked while she's helpless", hadn't had the time to finish the job.

I yelled, "What the Fuck?" as I pulled my leg free of his grasp and drove my heel into his startled face. There was a satisfying crunch and spray of blood as his nose shattered under the blow.

"Layci, no! Please stop! No one is trying to hurt you!" This coming from the girl whose lap my head was in.

Strangely, her plea was instantly recognized as being a fact that she at least believed. She was Pack. She wouldn't lie to me, and it was my job to protect her, not the other way around. If her words weren't enough, one glance at my 'attacker' would have been enough to give me pause. He had thrown himself back against the rocks with his head turned and arms up in an 'I won't fight you' gesture. Not that he postured submissively, but you simply don't attack your Alpha unless you're fully trying to usurp them. It only took one sniff to know he was Pack also. "What did you do to my clothes?"

The girl that I later found out is named Emily, explained. "You did that during your first change. The fact that you took them with you and brought them back in the same condition proves that you're a true Alpha. Only an Alpha can slip their skins and retain their clothes. It takes more magic than most of us have access to."

I nodded, again recognizing her words as true. Which made me feel bad for the bleeding man at my feet. "I'm sorry, it was reflex. Does it hurt?"

He shook his head and chuckled. "More than it should, but not really. You're stronger than any of us expected. It was my fault anyway. We both knew you'd be disoriented when you shifted back. If I'd been thinking, I would have been beside your legs instead of at your feet."

He stood and offered his hand, which I took. When I was upright, I pushed him back against the rock, and in an attempt to get to his face, I pressed myself fully against him before realizing that I'm a full twelve inches shorter than he is. It was strange realizing that as a wolf, power is recognized as stature. I had felt as if I was the taller of the two of us. Embarrassed, I took a step back and pulled his face down to my level.

I took a moment to really look at his face for the first time. He was older than his physique suggested, maybe a few years younger than my father. His deep golden-brown eyes were kind and held a wisdom that made me feel comfortable. I decided his strong jaw and dimpled chin would have been quite attractive if not for his smashed nose and bruised cheeks. "What was your name?"

"Nathan ... What do you mean 'was'?"

I smiled before adding, "To me, you'll always be 'Pugs'."

It took him a moment before getting the joke and then he burst out in a hardy belly laugh that drew my eyes south. Along with his broad chest covered in a forest of hair and chiseled abs, his thick 'happy trail' jerked with laughter. Of course, my eyes followed the trail, leading to his dangly bits, and while he wasn't aroused they were bouncing enticingly. If I hadn't been newly mated less than an hour before, I might have been tempted to explore. As it was, I was clinically intrigued but not sexually. Instead, I looked back at his face, and holding his head steady, I licked his upper lip and nose, cleaning the blood from his face. I had no idea what prompted me to do it. I think it was simply instinctual but as I cleaned him I felt magic pass between us.

He hadn't seemed uncomfortable with my action but when he felt the magic, he pulled back surprised and started testing his wound with his fingers. He glanced at Emily with wide eyes and an open mouth before looking at me. "You healed me! Licking is meant to be soothing, nothing more. The ability to heal is only spoken of as a legend among our people. You are far stronger than even our Alpha suspected. We have to get a message to him!"

"Why can't I just go to him?"

"We all have to live here, Layci. Your mother just died. Questions would eventually be asked if we don't provide the answers in a way that humans will accept. You were very publicly injured, hospitalized, and mysteriously removed from view. If the police come to your house and find you healed, there would be even more questions.

"The plan is that your mother will be found and shown to have suffered a heart attack." He paused a moment to give me a sympathetic look. "Layci, our kind will always seem to suffer heart attacks if we die in wolf form. When the heart is removed, the magic allowing us to slip our skin is removed. Once the magic leaves our bodies, we revert to our human shapes. Before autopsies, it would always seem like we died in our sleep. Now it seems as if some congenital defect causes our hearts to rupture."

"So, if I hadn't eaten her heart what would have happened?"

"I'm not really sure, since none of us would disrespect our dead like that. But, if you hadn't done it the whole pack would have eaten her entirely. The magic is simply too valuable to waste."

I shivered at the visual but realized he was right. "Okay, how long do I have to stay away?"