Fate

Story Info
Suicidal man finds reason to live.
2.7k words
4.41
9.9k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is a work of fiction; any correlation to real people alive or dead is purely happenstance.

****************

I set out that predawn Saturday morning to do something drastic. I drove the 20 miles to the coast in the darkest cloud of depression. It was the bleakest month of the year, January. I had been severely depressed for months. Never in my thirty years had I ever felt so down; even my many snowbound winters in Indiana were not a soul-crushing as this one. My girlfriend of several years had died of cancer. I thought she was my soul mate, and my last best hope for happiness. It was heartbreaking to watch her die in just a matter of six months. Her young health drained from her daily until she was empty. She withered away right in front of me. Her doctor diagnosed her in January the year before, and she died in June. Life lost its luster after that. I had soldiered on for the six months since, but the bleakness of the short cold days of winter had overwhelmed any hope I had left. Christmas had been almost unbearable, and loneliness and depression consumed my focus ever since.

I have a very introverted nature and do not make friends very quickly. Rachael had broken down my defenses and taught me how to express emotion, even if it was only with her. I had very conventional views on relationships with women due to my Midwest upbringing. Not that I possessed the social skills for casual relationships, anyway. The rest of my dealings with people had always been extremely dysfunctional. My coworkers considered me to be an aloof prick. I had overheard them discussing me at the water cooler, and I had no defense on my behalf. However, I was never purposefully rude but often answered people with a simple yes or no. I parked my green Mazda 626 at the lookout over the beach and locked it. I wondered why I bothered locking it. I never planned on driving it again. There was another car, a brown Chevy Astros Van conversion, parked at the lot's very right edge. Crap, that is all I need, an audience, I thought. There was a path that led to a vantage point on a cliff. The trail was only a short walk. The wind off the ocean was brisk. I bent forward as I struggled to the cliff edge, intending to jump.

A young woman was there. It appeared that she was contemplating the same thing. She was staring intently over the cliff as the sun was rising behind me. It was illuminating her beautiful form. She was gorgeous from behind. The sunlight was illuminating her silky brunette hair as it cascaded down to the small of her back. Her tiny body had all the right curves from behind, even in winter clothing. Not too fat and not too thin. She was about 5 foot 4 inches in height. My footsteps startled her, and she turned around to see me. She looked beautiful; she had a delightful profile. The surf was crashing against the rocks some 100 feet below, and I could hear the seagulls squalling. I could smell the ocean as it atomized against the cliff face.

"Are you contemplating jumping?" I asked.

"Yes," she answered. I was impressed by her honesty.

"I am also planning on jumping," I said.

"Why are you jumping?" she asked. The way she looked at me revealed she probably found me attractive. It was an irrelevant fact now.

"My girlfriend and only real human contact died of cancer recently," I said.

"Oh, so sorry to hear that," she said.

"Why are you jumping?" I asked.

"I have no reason to live," she said.

"Do you want to hold hands and jump together?" I asked.

"What if you chicken out? I might pull you off with me," she said.

"If you were to chicken out, I might pull you off with me," I said.

"Would that make my or your last worldly feat a murder as their final act?" she said.

"I won't chicken out," I said.

"I won't either," she said. My six-foot shadow seemed to tower over hers.

"What number should we count too," I asked.

"Let's count to 10," she said.

"Okay, that sounds fine," I said as I grabbed her hand. Her hand seemed natural in mine.

"Wait, I know this sounds weird but will you kiss me goodbye before we jump?" she asked. She just met me what a strange request. Might as well, I thought.

"I suppose I could," I said.

We turned and faced each other, and her face looked angelic in the light. I pulled her into my arms and bent down and kissed her. Her lips were warm and inviting as she coyly returned my kiss. Wonderfully, It was the best non-French kiss I had ever had, and it left an unexpected tingling in my entire being. Grudgingly, we broke the kiss.

"Could you kiss me goodbye as well?" I asked. Now it is me going all strange.

She kissed me, but she pushed her tongue into my mouth. Now, this was the best kiss I had ever had, period. We kissed for a long time, and my breathing became heavy. Her breathing also became heavy. My hand cupped her bottom, and it was gloriously soft. We came up for air, yet soon kissed again, and it was apparent we were making a real connection. A melding of spirits combined us in a sense.

"You want to make love one last time before we end it?" she asked.

"Okay, that sounds like a better final act. I have a blanket in my car," I said.

"No, there is a bed in my van. It is far too cold to do it outside," she said. It was about 50 degrees out with a bone-chilling wind.

"Okay," I said as we started walking hand in hand back to the lot.

She opened the van, and it was apparent she was living in it. We got into the panel truck, and we removed our jackets and kissed again. It was fireworks all over. Our breathing became rapid. I looked into her lovely brown eyes and, for the first time, realized that she was partially Asian, most likely half Filipino. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever kissed. I grabbed her breast through her angora sweater, and it had a magical feel. She closed the van conversion curtains. Someone could still see through the windshield; it was far more private with the back curtains closed. It was cramped but cozy in the small van. She pulled her light blue sweater over her head and took it off, revealing her black lace bra. I cupped her breast through the bra and kissed her again, while my tongue was exploring her mouth as we savored a soul fusing kiss. She reached behind her back and unclasped her bra. I pulled the bra off to expose the most impressive peaks I had ever seen. Her breasts looked ample and pointy with large brown conical nipples, especially on her small frame. Not like fake Hollywood boobs, but real natural, wonderful, real woman breasts. I sucked her right nipple into my mouth. She moaned as I bit gently on her hardening nipple. I stopped to kiss her subtle lips again as she groped my crotch. I took her other nipple into my mouth and suckled it as well. She pulled my face up to continue kissing. After a languishing kiss, we broke our embrace.

I took off my plaid fleece shirt, and she seemed impressed by my pale Nordic muscular chest. I removed my shoes and socks. The van interior was quite cold. Next, I pulled off my black pants and briefs. My hard cock was now seen by her for the first time; her eyes showed that she found it impressive. She took off her blue jean pants and black lace panties. She grabbed my hard penis and stroked it.

"How many women have you made love to?" she asked.

"Just one," I said.

"Good, I want this to be special," she said.

She kissed me passionately as she continued to massage my cock. I pulled her nipple as we continued to kiss, our tongues wrestling inside each other's mouths. We stopped kissing as she lay on her back to guide my shaft into her wet hole. I entered the moist velvety confines of her sex as her vaginal lips gripped my engorged shaft. I thrust in and out as she whimpered sexily. I continued moving in and out slowly and sensitively.

"I have never had one so big in me," she said. Those are the magic words every man's ego yearns to hear.

I picked up the speed slightly, and her moans became louder. Soon we found our rhythm, and it was like smooth jazz music. We harmonized our very souls as our flesh became one. She shuddered just as I emptied my seed into her while she pulled me down to embrace me. It was then I realized that she might be better for me than my deceased girlfriend.

"Do you still want to jump off the cliff," I asked as I brushed my blonde bangs out of my face?

"No, I think I found a new reason to live," she said.

"Me too; what is your name?" I asked.

"Evelyn, what is yours?" she asked. Her name was as lovely as she was.

"Walter, will you marry me?" I asked.

"Yes, but isn't that rushing things a bit?" she said.

I kissed her again, and I felt it confirmed in my heart. I wanted her for the rest of my life.

"I want to marry you," I said.

"What if I move in with you? If we still are happy in six months, we can marry," she said.

"I know how I feel; I won't change my mind," I said

"Will see; where do you live?" Evelyn asked.

"I have a condo in Petaluma," I said.

"I am homeless and jobless," Evelyn said.

"I kind of figured you were living in this van. I don't care," I said.

"My parents died in an accident, and they had no insurance. The banks took everything," she said.

"Did you have to leave college?" I asked.

"Yes, I was at the University of California," she said.

"Are you from California?" I asked.

"Yes, I am from Hercules. Are you from California?" she asked.

"No, I am from Indiana," I said.

"What brings you here?" she asked.

Work, I am a data analyst. Will you go back to school?" I said.

"I will, someday," she said.

We got dressed, and she followed me the twenty miles to our new place. I had her park in the garage, and the van conversion just cleared under the seven-foot doorway. I did not want the neighbors knowing my business. She had me remove my shoes before stepping on the white carpet. She was concerned about keeping the carpet clean. I was a bit of a neat freak, so that was excellent. We unpacked her few clothes and put most of them in the washing machine.

I gave her a tour of the condo, but It only had two bedrooms, the master suite, and my office. There were a large dining area and living room. I thoughtfully appointed the living room in chrome and glass tables and white couches; the glass and white appealed to my cleanliness. The carpet was white Berber, and of course, The dining table was also chrome and glass, with chrome and white leather chairs. The art was modern, tasteful yet cold and austere. The condo only had a small kitchen; it was white, both walls and ceramic tile, off the dining area. There was no clutter and almost no decorations on any surface.

"Well, what do you think?" I asked

"I love the modern décor, but it seems sterile and aloof," she said.

"It suits me," I said.

"Now it needs to suit us," she said.

"Okay, tomorrow you can add your touches," I said. I suppose a woman's touch wouldn't hurt.

Then we took a shower and started to make love again. This time she wanted to be on top. I let her, and her pace was slow and deliberate. She gasped every time she reached the bottom of my shaft. We were like precision gears meshing together.

"It is so big. I could get used to this," Evelyn said.

"You feel wonderful around me, also Evelyn," I said.

She picked up the pace, and in a few minutes, I ejaculated into her for the second time just as she climaxed. Two for two on mutual orgasms, how could we not be destined for each other. It was a perfect union as if ordained by God.

"I am not on the pill or anything," she said.

"I do not care; I love you," I said.

"You are weird, but I love you too," Evelyn said.

"What will we name our baby?" I said.

"We don't know I am pregnant yet," she said.

"If you are not, you soon will be. I won't stop making love to you just because we are not protected," I said.

"I am not asking you to, but you could wear a condom," Evelyn said.

"No way, I want you to have my baby," I said.

"You want to marry me?" Evelyn said.

"More than life itself," I said.

"Next weekend, we could drive to Tahoe," she said.

"Now you are talking," I said.

"You sure you are not just tired of loneliness?" she asked.

"You make me happy, and I have never been so contented," I said. Evelyn smiled, moved by my admission.

"What if it is just the great sex, and it doesn't last?" she said.

"You want to drive back to the cliff?" I said.

"No, you can't answer a question with a question," Evelyn said. I just did.

"If you ever want to leave me, I would rather hold your hand as we jump off the cliff," I said.

"You are such a fatalist," Evelyn said.

"I know, but the vow is till death do us part," I said, joking yet profound.

"I must be a fatalist, also, because that somehow makes sense," Evelyn said.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you too," Evelyn said.

We kissed and held each other until hunger pangs made us get out of bed. Then we went to the kitchen and prepared lunch. As Evelyn made us both cold cut sandwiches, she surveyed what food was in the house. She was not impressed by all the frozen entrees in the freezer. I poured some milk for us and found a bag of chips.

"Tomorrow, we go shopping for real food," Evelyn said. She was so beautiful.

"Whatever you say, Evelyn," I said.

"That is what I want to hear; we are going to Tahoe next weekend," Evelyn said jokingly.

"Yes, dear," I said. Evelyn laughed.

"You better say yes, dear," she said, continuing the joke.

"Yes, dear," I said. Evelyn grabbed me and kissed me. After we ate, we went right back to bed.

"Make love to me again," Evelyn said.

"Yes, dear," I said as I kissed her deeply again.

We spent that whole weekend together. We made love countless more times. I was sad that I had to go to work that Monday. Every night I rushed home from San Francisco to get home to Evelyn. She met me each day at the door. We ran into each other's arms. Each day her joke about Tahoe seemed more of a good idea. We could hardly wait for the weekend. It was as if I was in a dream the entire week.

We eloped that next Saturday. Evelyn and I have been married for 30 years now. We have two kids, a boy, and a girl. That was January 1989 when fate brought us together on that cliff. Evelyn went on to be a successful psychiatrist. I did reasonably well in the computer business as well. I am so glad I chose that overlook to try to end it all. I am also perplexed still that she wanted me to kiss her goodbye. It was a miracle. It was the kiss that saved my life.