All Comments on 'Favors'

by somewhatnew2008

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
ju8streadingju8streadingover 7 years ago

tell anony to piss off

you have a good start, just keep going

AlwaystabooAlwaystabooover 7 years ago
A very good start

Hope he gets to show his love

Turtle1952Turtle1952over 7 years ago
Good start

To what could be a very hot story. Please keep going

foolscapfoolscapover 7 years ago
Actually it could be a pair of thongs

Ask anyone who is learning English as a second language what they think the most-maddening oddity of the language is and you are bound to get several different answers (there are, after all, dozens of exceptions to the “rules” of English). But here’s one that repeatedly comes up, even among native speakers of English: Why on Earth do you say “a pair of pants” when the “pants” in question are only one item? (Note: We are using “pants” in the American sense here—as in trousers, not undergarments.) Well, there are a couple of explanations floating around.

According to some, the phrase “pair of pants” harkens back to the days when what constituted pants—or pantaloons, as they were originally known—consisted of two separate items, one for each leg. They were put on one at a time and then secured around the waist. Calling them a pair of pantaloons, or pants, as they were eventually known, made sense when there were two components. The phrasing was retained even after pants were made into one complete garment. However, there doesn’t seem to be much evidence in reference sources to support this theory.

Here is something that can be readily confirmed to explain this linguistic oddity, although it may raise more questions than it answers: the word pants is a plurale tantum. The Oxford English Dictionary defines plurale tantum, which is Latin for “plural only,” as a “noun which is used only in plural form, or which is used only in plural form in a particular sense or senses.” Bifurcated items (things that can be divided into two), such as pants, fall into this category. Think of items that are usually referred to in plural—often preceded by “pair of” or something similar, even when there is only one item: pliers, glasses, scissors, sunglasses, tweezers, etc. So, pants is a type of noun that is used only in its plural form, even when there is only one item being discussed.

~Brittanica.com

Jag0905Jag0905over 7 years ago
hurry

omg so good , I can't wait for chapter 2 I can't wait till he gets to take her panties off

irishmike73irishmike73over 7 years ago
To beat a dead horse...

To add on to what Foolscap said, and in defense of the author, a thong is a specific type of underwear. Underwear is frequently referred to as a "pair of underwear", much like pants. While it may be incorrect to say she was wearing a pair of thongs, I can see why the author may have done so.

Also, to really split hairs, people do wear pairs of thongs. On their feet that is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Awesome

Great story. Looking forward to the future installments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Yes, you have a great story line going, it's interesting, arousing and has so much potential. Hopefully, his baby sister will show him she is more mature and capable than he knows. I also hope he lowers his barriers and lets her enjoy herself. Maybe, they will start screwing each other before this is over !! Thanks.

worshipper622worshipper622over 7 years ago
Missing punctuation - yes,

But a good story nonetheless! It has CONTENT.

When determining what my vote would be, I was on the cusp of 4 or 5. So, as I often do, I decided to read the other reviews.

While Mr/Ms Anonymous makes a good point about a "pair" of pants, panties, or even a thong, his/her argument is clouded by his/her heir of superiority and disdain.

Everyone here has a special place - the toilet - for those who camouflage their cowardice by making ANONYMOUS comments.

That said, yes, you deserve a "5" for having to endure it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I liked it

Good story. It is fair to say that you have me wanting to read more...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very nice

Loved just as it started to get good u left us hanging wanting more. So much better when a story has some build up and doesnt just jump right into the sex. Hope we don't have to wait to long for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Love it

Great story so far. Love the build up and actual characters and back story. Nice to see you putting in the effort and can not wait for more of your works to come across the site.

Robinius1Robinius1about 7 years ago
Interesting

I read the previous comments and they have some good points. The changes of tense within the same sentence makes reading the story more difficult. The English language has many strange rules, and the 'pair of yellow thongs' seemed strange at first until I realized women often wear a 'pair of panties'. Anyway, I think the important thing to remember is the story itself and I think it shows promise even though the writing isn't the best.

Please keep writing. None of the authors on Literotica are professionals and the mean-spirited criticism of a few dullards shouldn't keep you from telling a story you want to share. Thanks, and I look forward to the continuation of your story.

somewhatnew2008somewhatnew2008about 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks!

Thanks for all the comments and keep them coming! I have tried looking in the volunteer editor section, with no luck. So if anyone wants to be an editor please let me know. Right now I'm about halfway done with the next chapter. Any suggestions on where the story should go?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
More

I would suggest you have more of the story written before you post, you were just getting to the meat and it ended. I'll lay of the grammar, you've heard enough about that. It's hard to rate because there isn't enough story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
asdf

Really strong start. Love the backstory and indecision by him. Looking forward to a nice slow build into sexy fun!

arrowglassarrowglassabout 7 years ago
Hooked me with this great beginning!

Very well done...especially for a first! I already hate waiting for Ch. 02!

somewhatnew2008somewhatnew2008about 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter Two

I think chapter 2 is complete. I just wanted to see if anybody wanted a sneak peak at it by editing it for me?

somewhatnew2008somewhatnew2008about 7 years agoAuthor

Chapter 2 was submitted on Monday so it should be up soon. I am about half way through chapter 3.

Agust_DAgust_Dabout 7 years ago
Not bad

It wasn't bad. I actually gave it 5 :3 expecting more soon

blackknight314blackknight314about 7 years ago
This is getting interesting.

Although I am not a big BDsm fan, I am an incest fan. I think you have a very good start on this story. You are doing better than some "English as a second, or third or... language" authors that I have read. I have given you a 4* on this part of the story just because there isn't enough story to really rate yet. Please don't be discouraged, as I am sure you will find someone to assist with editing soon. I have enjoyed the back story, and the characters very much, and I am going to read the 2nd Chapter now. Keep writing.

Also I agree with some of the other commenters. You can always learn from your readers comments, but remember they are only opinions. Opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, and they all stink.

My button, that is constantly pushed on this site, are the "cowards" that criticise, usually negatively, and do so as "Anonymous". That doesn't mean that there comments are not valid, but their judgement should be suspect because of the flaw in their character, pointed out by the fact that they won't stand behind there criticism. Please take heart in the positive comments here and and forge on with your literary quest.

prop69prop69almost 7 years ago
Normally I am NOT into bondage, but I am hard and horny

Can't wait to see what happens next

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Jessica is a selfish slut!! Brother is a weak wimp

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous