Fawned - A PetPlay Romance Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Before Barnaby could offer up his position, since (aside from jumping on any excuse Not To Throw) he was the one who made Gil go through the trouble of joining them- Diana suggested, "Why don't you switch off with one of us? Like- say we swapped. I could go one round, and you could go the next!"

Good enough for Barnaby. "You could swap with me," he offered, "Maybe, together...you can help me get a decent score." As lighthearted as he tried to make it, Gil still seemed uncertain.

At least for a moment. Before he asked, "You sure?"

"I'm positive."

Contemplation remained in the furrow of Gil's brows, but he agreed.

The groups were divided - Wes, Diana, Barnaby, and Gil; Jensen, Mell, and Red Streak.

When Barnaby realized his (or Gil's) turn was going second to last, he let himself breathe. He pressed himself shoulder to shoulder with the raven and nudged his side. "Want some ice cream?"

"...Chocolate?"

"Rocky road."

He watched as Gil glanced around before graciously accepting the spoon. "Yes, please."

Barnaby held the bowl for him, and for a brief moment, he could've believed their roles were reversed. Barnaby, for once, was almost comfortable being in public - while he found himself ensuring Gil was at ease.

"Your friends seem nice," the raven muttered.

"They are," Barnaby agreed, only to add, "But they're Jensen's friends. I'm just- here for the ride."

"Oh." Gil almost sounded surprised. He returned Barnaby's spoon and watched as Wes threw a gutterball. "I'd think you'd fit right in."

Was that a compliment? It wouldn't have mattered if Gil excluded himself. If Barnaby wanted to fit in with anyone, it was him.

He hoped by putting his hand over the other's, he would know.

He felt the man lose some of his tension as they leaned into each other, laughing at the dumb banter of their teammates. Before long, however, Barnaby's name lit up on the roster, and all eyes turned to them.

Even Gil's gaze locked on Barnaby, and he gestured to the lane. "After you."

Reluctant as he was, Barnaby forced himself up.

The ball he picked was too heavy, but Diana's cheering seemed too hopeful to turn back once he was in position.

At least he managed to get some pins down.

"Now-" Jensen announced, replacing him, "Watch how a pro does it."

Apparently, 'pros' involved wiggling their hips - but it did get him a strike.

"That's your roommate?" Gil asked when Barnaby returned to his side.

"Yep," the boy sighed, "That's Jensen."

Gil tilted his head, his brows knitting, and Barnaby could practically see the gears churning in his head. "He looks familiar."

It was then Barnaby remembered how Jensen knew Gil- "He said you had a class together before."

The realization promptly dawned on Gil's face. "We did." The next round had begun by the time he added, mumbling, "I thought he just looked like that guy from Big Bang Theory."

"Wh...Which one?"

"Uh. All of them?"

Barnaby rolled his eyes and snickered. He couldn't argue.

"What're you nerds laughing at?"

The boy shut up in an instant, lifting his gaze to find Jensen staring right at them. "Nothing. We're just...talking."

"Secrets aren't fun unless you share with everyone," Mell chimed in.

Jensen scoffed, and Barnaby heard him say, "Probably asked to shove a pin up his ass."

Gil heard too. "Actually," he said, perfectly loud and clear, "I was gonna ask if you wanted to have a threesome later."

"Gil!" Barnaby hissed, lightly slapping his arm. If Jensen's comment didn't make him blush, he was certain the other's words did the job.

Jensen barely flinched. "No thanks. Not if it's as small as Barnaby says it is."

Hazel eyes widened, desperate, as Barnaby immediately clung to Gil. "What? No! I never-!" The "ooooh"s were already starting.

Gil merely shrugged. "Figured it wouldn't matter if it was your first time."

At that, Barnaby spotted Jensen's scowl. "Okay, maybe not with the, uhm- virgin jokes-"

"Memes!" Diana shouted, and Mell jumped to his feet.

"I'm goin', I'm goin'—" Passing Barnaby and Gil, he paused and whispered, "For the record, I don't think size matters much." Then, with a wink, he continued toward his throw.

Gil was left shaking his head. "Yeah," he chuckled, "Some friends."

Barnaby huffed. What kind of comment—?

His fingers twisted the fabric of Gil's sleeve. "Did you mean that?" he murmured, "About...wanting a threesome?"

"No." Gil pulled his arm away from Barnaby's grasp- only to drape it around his shoulders. "I'm not sharing you. But he should know that if he wants to humiliate either of us, I won't hesitate to take him down with me."

"Okay-" As flattering as it was, Barnaby could already see problems arising. "Just- don't be too mean. Okay?" A kiss landed on his temple.

"I won't be mean."

Barnaby let himself smile again; he allowed himself to relax into Gil, gaining a sense of- camaraderie(?) when he glanced over to Wes and Diana on full display. Diana held her lover from behind, and despite being half his size, seemed blissfully content with the way he reclined against her.

Barnaby, with shame in his heart and heat in his face, wondered what they would do when they got behind closed doors. Would they have a routine akin to his and Gil's? Or did they get to enjoy that simpler, softer side more often - where they bonded over bowling or zombies or video games because sex wasn't the main force keeping them together?

"Giiiiil," Diana sang, and Barnaby turned his attention to anyone else. "Are you going next?"

"Yeah, I'll go." The man squeezed Barnaby's shoulder, crossed over, and readied himself with a ball. A moment to aim and- he bowled a strike!

Barnaby was so pleasantly surprised he almost forgot to cheer with the rest of the group. Excluding Jensen. Who, when Gil returned to Barnaby, asked him, "So I'm assuming these aren't the heaviest balls you've handled?"

"Nope," Gil said confidently, plopping in his seat, pulling Barnaby close, "I've got those right here."

"Ah-" Barnaby squirmed, suddenly conscious of what was between his legs. "No- I don't- You don't have to include me-"

Jensen stopped caring. It was his turn. He went on to knock down most of his pins in two throws.

A smirk lingered on Gil's lips, and Barnaby was sure his blush would last a while. If not from questioning the weight of his package, then from every instance someone would look his way.

He knew what they'd see: him, practically cuddling up to Gil's side. But no one said anything about it, not even Jensen. And Gil seemed so calm, not a hint of tension left - he didn't want to disturb him. So he didn't move until he had to.

"C'mon, Barney," Jensen called when he went up for his turn, "Channel the strength of those handjobs!"

Barnaby pouted, and Mell, sounding unamused, uttered, "Dude..."

Not perfect throws, but he got a few pins down.

And so the rest of the game carried on. Jensen didn't heckle them as much after that - if anything, he'd traded roles with Mell and Red Streak (Dick on the roster, whose real name was apparently Nick), who taunted Wes once they realized almost all he had thrown were gutterballs.

No one paid attention to Gil lightly running his fingers along Barnaby's arm or his leg, and it was enough that Barnaby started to feel daring. After one of his turns, he pointed at Gil's lap and asked, "Is this seat taken?"

Gil shook his head. "It's all yours."

Barnaby sat down happily, the man fixing his arms around his waist. He locked eyes with Jensen accidentally, who pointed at him, eyes wide, as if to convey some kind of warning. But Barnaby was cheeky. Biting his tongue through a smile, he wiggled his butt in Gil's lap.

The next warning came from Gil himself. "Watch it," he breathed hot against his ear, "We're in public."

Jensen and Gil became so intent on competing against one another that they failed to recognize who was really in the lead. Both had a look of shock on their face when the scores were tallied up.

"Congrats, Di!" Mell cheered, and Gil was quick to applaud for her. Jensen pouted and clapped along reluctantly.

"Wes..?" Mell sighed, regarding the boy with his head hanging low. With the lowest score on the board. "Better luck next time."

~~~~~~

"Did you have fun?"

They'd gone out first to the parking lot, since Gil said he needed a cigarette and Jensen wanted to stay behind with the others. "Five more minutes," he'd told Barnaby, "I'll bring the car around."

Gil took his first drag and turned to the boy beside him, slumping against his Range Rover. "Yeah," he said. His lips curled, a delicate feature on his face. His voice was only loud enough for Barnaby to hear. "Might even want to do that again sometime. You?"

Barnaby grinned, but all he could do was nod. A chill racked through his body no matter where he rubbed to warm himself, so he gritted his teeth to avoid chattering them. He wore Gil's leather gloves on his hands.

Had it been five minutes yet?

Gil offered his cigarette, and Barnaby shook his head adamantly. "Th-Thank you though."

"Sure you don't want to hop in my car?" Gil asked, "You could spend the night. One more time before break..."

Barnaby frowned and considered it. The offer was tempting but- "There's some stuff I really need to pack. If I don't do it tonight, I won't have time."

Gil nodded, understanding, and took a couple more puffs before stomping his cigarette out on the pavement. Then, he inched closer and wrapped an arm around Barnaby.

The boy huddled close in an instant, clinging to him without a thought. It was safe to.

"So," Gil spoke up, "What're your plans next week?"

"Nothing big," Barnaby muttered, "My mom and I go to my grandma's for Thanksgiving. But that's pretty much it." He took a chance and added, "What about you?"

Gil seemed to hesitate at first, but then - "This year it's at our house. We switch off every year, but..." He shrugged. "It's the same thing. I'll probably sleep most of the week."

"Heh. That's a mood."

Gil kissed his cheek. "Well," he said, "I wish you a happy holiday."

That made Barnaby's heart flutter. Because it was friendly. It was so outside of their master-pet dynamic. It was so simple, but on top of everything else, it almost felt like...More. "You too, Gil."

The blare of a car horn sent Barnaby jumping into Gil's arms, and suddenly, they were both blinded by headlights.

"Break it up homos!" Jensen shouted from the driver window.

Gil flipped him off, and Barnaby laughed away his nervousness. "He sucks, doesn't he?"

"And you live with him?" Gil scoffed. "I don't know how you do it."

"You get used to it." Standing on the tips of his toes, Barnaby planted a kiss on Gil's lips, finding his hand and giving it a squeeze. "I'll see you..."

"Soon," the man finished, kissing his forehead. "Text me?"

"I will."

HOOONK.

"Fuck him."

Barnaby was one foot in the direction of Jensen's car when he was yanked back, spun around, and kissed deeply by his master. His arms circled the man's neck in an instant. He'd have to wait at least a week to be kissed again - fuck it. Might as well make it memorable.


12