February Sucks - Alternate

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"White wine for my wife and Absolute on the rocks for me." Turning to Linda I said, "Why don't you go fix your face dear?"

She hopped down and walked to the ladies room holding her clutch. Turning around I saw the wives of my former friends get up and I stepped in front of them shaking my head NO and holding my right hand up with my middle finger extended. They sat back down and I saw 8 mouths moving slowly as they shifted around the table, whispering to each other. Linda came back with fresh lips and I said, "Drink up and we will dance a few. Don't forget what you promised me tonight."

I downed my drink and she drained her glass, something she never did. I tried to lay a twenty on the bar but he waved it off and said, "On the house." We moved out to the dance floor where several couples were still shifting around, looking puzzled.

"Hey Maestro. How about 3 slow ones in a row so I can get reacquainted with my lady?"

The band leader smiled and started with 'Lady' by Kenny Rogers. How appropriate.

"Now what were we talking about? I remember I asked did you want to dance here or back at the hotel. Then we got interrupted." We swayed and turned and danced cheek to cheek. They finished the first song and went to 'I don't want to miss a thing' by Aerosmith. I whispered into her ear, "Look me in the eyes and pretend you still love me."

"Who is pretending? I'm so sorry. I had a major, blinded by a star, brain fart but you saved me from myself." She straightened up a little and slowly brought her lips up to mine. When I didn't push her away, she threw her arms around my neck and proceeded to remove my tonsils.

When the song ended and they started 'Faithfully' by Journey, she broke the kiss and whispered "I love you!" Then she buried her head into my chest leaving her arms around my neck. I hadn't noticed but by now we were the only couple dancing. Everyone else was clustered in a semicircle and when the song ended they all began clapping.

I held my arm out and she clutched it with both hands as we slowly moved towards the exit. Moving past our former table, all of our former friends sitting there appeared to be crying except for Dee. She glared at me like I stole the last teddy bear from a children�s cancer ward.

After redeeming her coat, we drove back to the hotel, Linda still clutching my right arm like she was afraid I would leave her. We entered the hotel, strolled to the elevator, and hit 8 for our floor. As the doors closed I removed my wives coat. When the doors opened I pushed her back against the wall.

"I need to make something clear. I will never put up with any disrespect like that again. Do you understand?"

"Yes." she whispered.

"Good. Turn around." When she did I unzipped her dress, letting it fall off her body down to the floor. "Step out of it."

I picked it up and noticed a new bra and panty set, dark blue edged with black lace. "Beautiful color. Follow me to our room." I walked slowly to our room all the way at the end of the hall. After opening the door, and letting Linda in, I placed the 'DO NOT DISTURB' sign on the outer door knob, and closed the door.

*****

Nine months later.

I pulled away from the hospital, with signs reading "It's A Girl' on both rear side windows and also across the back window. Linda sat in back with the baby carrier, looking tired but happy. I detoured to the old neighborhood where our former friends lived and drove slowly by Phil and Jane raking leaves and Mike and Mary arguing in their driveway. They all looked and waved but I ignored them. There was a sold sign on Dave and Dee's yard as they were divorced and had to sell for the settlement. I heard Dave caught her coming out of the same hotel we stayed at that night, holding hands with some college kid. You Just never know, well I did.

The asshole got traded to Cleveland after a TV expose detailed his exploits with married women. I wonder who tipped them off.

12