All Comments on 'February Sucks for Some People'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 202 Comments (Page 2)
SunOceanSandSunOceanSandabout 3 years ago

I think this is the best sequel of February Sucks yet...

Thanks for a good read and reminding us there are good people as well as bad...

5*****s

SOS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Loved it. More believable then the earlier written stories. At least with my group of friends. Some occupations you just shouldn’t screw with.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I do think different looks are great in sequels. This one in particular. Well done.not letting me login in, 012Say

tralan69ertralan69erabout 3 years ago

A happily ever story

A happily ever after story with some humor. Nothing wrong with that.

I have read most all of the Feb. Socks stories. I have liked them all, some better than others. I really liked this one.

Thank your for your story.

tralan69ertralan69erabout 3 years ago

@sbrooks103x

"He plays tight end for the local football team." - Is that how anybody would really talk? Wouldn't they say the name of the team?

This is a fictional story with a fictional town, a fictional football team, and fictional players. There never was a team name mentioned. I'm sure you are smart enough to see why there would be no name. Same as other stories say the the people work at a large assembly plant or whatever the author likes. Very rarely if ever does an actual name come up.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

5 for this rendition. A great "re-imagination" of a very poor original story.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

Much better ending to a great story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Thank you

Finally a great twist to this story with an actual loving wife.

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

Funny. Finally somebody wrote something realistic instead of banality conforming assignment for "February Sucks". I love the touch of "remedial classes" as I am remember debating tutoring athletes with their basketball coaches.

MacHardyMacHardyalmost 3 years ago

Lovely alternative. And I love the assertive women - my sort of girl.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Wow

Dee was actually a good person in this alternative universe. Excellent tale and no problems. Isn't love grand?

Five Stars

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyalmost 3 years ago

Yep, finally somebody got that story straightened out ;-) My deepest respect to all those people who possess the character traits necessary to make a loving relationship lasting.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 3 years ago

There is yet another version that hasn't been explored... one were it's Dee instead that Marc goes for.

Gives quite another point of view. Less focus on betrayal since it's not as close to the protagonist, more on friendship, whether good or bad. I can think of several interesting variations worth exploring.

Cito22Cito22almost 3 years ago

A very good alternate ending. One where the wife does the right thing. Bravo

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"So I confess that I've never viewed big-time athletes as something special. I just don't see what all the fuss is about."

- Just_Words

Agreed. I have stories about high school and college football players that galvanized my extremely negative view regarding this segment of society. Add them to the documented accounts regarding pro athletes and I am surprised football hasn't been outlawed as a form of organized crime or at least as a detriment to civilized society!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great ending to the story where so many others go on for to long I loved it 🥰

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

After reading many alternate endings, this one is the best by far, 5 hickies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It is a sad commentary on our society that people who play games for a living make so very much while people that make a difference dont. teachers, firemen, police, etc etc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

YES,YES! I LOVE IT!!

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

absolutely the BEST add on in the series.... particularly love the "The Marc LaValliere Special" !!! Choice...simply choice. You took an absolute disaster of a story and created the PERFECT add on. Congratulations on a job VERY WELL DONE!!!!!!!

SouthdownSouthdownover 2 years ago
NOTE TO G.A.

Read this story George, It will be helpful in writing your next story. The story will probably NOT spawn as many sequels and continuations as the dreadful mess that is 'February Sucks' but it will be almost universally enjoyed and well rated. This was a really good story by 'Just_Words' Thank You 5*****

RePhilRePhilover 2 years ago

A really good take on the February story series however I have yet to see a story plot on February where the man actually uses Mark to dump a previously cheating wife that would be an interesting story and as far as I see quite unique amongst all of the other renditions out there

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

Amusing, and dear friends the effect of a tazer is almost amusing, It is amazing, whether wired darts or skin contact old Marc would get a charge out of it, a real hair raising experience!

PraetusPraetusover 2 years ago

A truly loving wife and a kinder take. Lovely to see

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Second best one i have read Best one was where Jim shot Marc LOL (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Series? Since when did Anderson's shit story become a series?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice try for something else, but no. Everybody with a taser? However, I did laugh at when he was hit with the taser 2x soiling himself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I've read a bunch of these and it's good to read one where Linda isn't a completely selfish idiot.

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magicianabout 2 years ago

I liked the story and explained that this is the reason I insist that she never leave the house without her .38 revolver. It was a good story but seemed just slightly flat to me. Otherwise, it would have gotten five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story.

It is a sad thing, our society pays so much to people that play games for a living. While teachers, police, fireman etc barely get by.

Other then some entertainment value for a certain segment of society, there isnt really anything they contribute at all.

Hundreds of years from now students will shake their heads and say, why would they do that?

MikodaMikodaabout 2 years ago

Funny how the resident wimps and cucks are out to 1 bomb this story. They should make their own website so that they can roll in their own shit and not bother us men.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartabout 2 years ago

A fairly different story from most FebSucks, pretty much the only villain is Marc, not the wife, not the friends, just Marc. Not the best FebSucks story but probably one of the happiest. Nobody was seriously hurt even Marc, no betrayal, no destroyed relationships. A good happy story that may not be the best but still was enjoyable to me. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Finally, a reasonably good reaction from the wife.

KRD19254KRD19254about 2 years ago

Finally, a Feb-sucks-alt with a faithful, smart, mamma-bear (with a quick trigger finger). [This one required my inhaler while I LMAO w/tears - too good to be true].

\

"Clean up on aisle 6" was too rich... Lady's armed with "The Marc LaValliere Special".

\

10*, Hooyah, Salutes and more Salutes! This was a good one!!!

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 2 years ago

Wow fantastic version. Fantastic. 5 stars to writer for a very interesting take. I think I'm going to do my own now. Disaster awaits. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow! Wow! Wow! Short an sweet, full of love! not hate or revenge!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Will Amazon be selling the special teaser?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well at last a wife that fights for her marriage. I just wished mine had.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is an excellent version of this story.

Avalon101Avalon101almost 2 years ago

Fantastic story, i loved the way a predator didnt get the woman/wife. I have to admit that George Andersons original story is a great work, but it affected for many days afterwards when i read it. I just couldnt get out of my mind the way the original Linda has no remorse for her one night with arsehole and humiliated her husband. This story shows Linda to be loyal and stands up for her man. Excellent

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Much better!

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Now

Now, this is the best alternative to the original.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I would love to give this a 100. I love people who don't let super rich and arrogant people impress them.

PeterPanicPeterPanicalmost 2 years ago

Stephen Hawking was the better choice. And the movie was Blazing Saddle.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Heh, I've probably read about a dozen takes on this story, and I'm pretty sure this is the only one that paints Dee in any kind of positive light. Good job, sir.

LowcountryLowcountryover 1 year ago

Your stories are most unusual! I’m just going down the list, reading them one by one and having a great time doing it. Carry on!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the finest treatments of this story. Marc got his just desserts immediately.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Awesome!! Loved this version

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNiceover 1 year ago

You managed to put an original spin on a tale that has been retold many, many times. Kudos for that alone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. My favorites are the stories where Marc gets his head caved in with an axe. Or the one when hee gets shot in the chest and head.

Smiffy69Smiffy69over 1 year ago

Refreshing change to the usual. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 tasers! Over the top! Reminded me of the Ballad of Buster Scruggs which was over the top silly too. Thanks for the laugh. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent plot change. High quality creativity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This or a variation of this type of story is how it should have been told,,,

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

More believable than Georgina

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thought this version changed the basic premise of the story that said that what if a celebrity offered to have sex with a happily married women. Would she agree to a one night stand? And then would she think that life would simply go on as before. The problem with this version and many others is that the authors fail to hold the one who is most responsible for their actions. When a man (or women) approaches another person for relationship outside of marriage the other person simply has to say "no." They may have to say it several times but it is incumbent on the approached party to refuse another of an inappropriate request because that person has the most to lose, in this case a happy marriage and their family. Why would they risk it, even if they didn't think their spouse would react negatively. Just because somebody wants to do something with you or to you doesn't mean you have to agree to it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I hated the heart break the other stories told for the gent abandoned. I am happy to see some alternate endings where the couple aren't divided

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A nice alternative BUT I still like the one best where Jim finds out where they are and SHOOTS the pair of them dead And yes I have read EVERY story about them (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Finally a Linda that doesn't deserve to die in a fire. Great job!

NRBonzNRBonzabout 1 year ago

Haven't read many of the follow-up endings but this is my favorite of all I have read to date. However, you left out one most important point here: "They are hollow, empty men of little to no value and in their heart of hearts they know it." And they smell bad when Tazered! That would make it complete!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Most excellent disposal of the sports jock.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Slimeball got his!

32419573241957about 1 year ago

Great job, I have read several alternatives endings and yours is by far the best so far. It is about time a husband and wife stuck together and survived the arrogant intrusion of a supposed superior male. I have to say it again Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

While I liked your ending, you changed the premise of the story, which was that girls would leave their husbands if given the chance at a celebrity. Yours could/should have been a story unto itself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice twist, shame it's so short. Would of been nicer if the rest of the jocks were tased too.

LanmandragonLanmandragonabout 1 year ago

Although the original story was entertaining, I could never understand the mindset of the people involved - their assumptions have always been irreal to me. This version is at least believable but manages to entertain as well.

012Say012Sayabout 1 year ago

Thanks! 5! To your end note, I have always been curious why the fact eg Marc Lavalliere wears hats, or drinks tea, or eats Fruity Pebbles that I would be more likely to do so. But we are a star-struck culture - except for the 10 in your version, and a few thinking people everywhere.

Nothingman83Nothingman8311 months ago

My FAVORITE. Big time athletes are a waste of valuable airspace to me. They rarely provide anything worthwhile to society as a whole, they think their shit isn't smelly, and seem to feel that they are above laws, societal standards, and us "little people" in general. It was gratifying to read one of these where the wife had morals and believed the vows she took when she married mean something. Well done. I actually like this Dee.

JohnSmith19E31JohnSmith19E3111 months ago

I must have read a "gazillion" (10^6) Feb sucks stories, this one, was just great, I loved it, a close second was the "Texan" based story. This was just superb. Thank You....

StruckwrongStruckwrong10 months ago

One of the few where the wife had respect enough to be a great partner.

StruckwrongStruckwrong10 months ago

The most epic and easily seen action of love=fidelity.

StruckwrongStruckwrong10 months ago

The most epic and easily seen action of love=fidelity.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean10 months ago

One of the best of the numerous febs I have read, and a table full of people I would be willing to break bread with (if they would have me, lol). One of the annoyances with the whole of the loving wife, cat. is the family and friends that come out of the woodwork to defend and aid the cheater that you see in far too many stories, but I have yet to post a story, so my opinion is thinly supported.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Worth a solid four stars. Not a whole lot of story development, but entertaining.

JPB

ttt59ttt599 months ago

Oh my... a version where Linda says no and stays true! I guess I have to stop hating her now. Nicely done!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Your right to write whatever you want, of course, but this is not anything like the original. It doesn’t focus on the pain and betrayal, and feels dishonest. It’s one of the least interesting entries because of the lack of conflict.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Finally a version of this story that makes me smile.😍😇😂

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrson9 months ago

As someone else who doesn't understand the "hero worship" around athletes, I love this rendition.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Any ending to a FS story that is different from the original is fine by me.

crazymike45crazymike457 months ago

My wife and I don't care for professional sports or understand the hero worship. We value friends with high values and morals. My wife and I love each other more than anything and we would never cheat. We know the consequences would be too sever. So, to me, this is the best ending possible to the crap that is 'Feb. sucks." Also, we both carry concealed, including Tasers now and then.

Medussa55Medussa557 months ago

I always viewed FS as an insight into the psyche of the various characters. The why is more important than the what. The whole issue surrounding the cult of celebrity is that normal people are confronted by a false fantasy image they can't compete with. Men are victims of their ego and women of their vanity and the original story demonstarates this. For me, the outcome almost doesn't matter, if Marc or the marriage is destroyed the mental process behind it is the same. Ego versus Vanity.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Nice new view of this continuing story. In fact I rate it a 5*. Thanks for sharing this ending to this often told story.

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

Love this sequel for many reasons. This Linda resembles my wife, a very intelligent woman, who after three tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, is tough as nails. She carries an illegal taser, and a CCL AirLite .38. The only guy she would leave me for is the guy who plays Jaimie in Outlander.

Norseman123Norseman1236 months ago

I know my wife would have done the same when we were young enough to go clubbing 5*****

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Ha, I do not know a single adult that actually watches football, so can't relate. Keeps the masses focused n trivia so serves some purpose I suppose.

AllNigherAllNigher5 months ago

Best one yet. Thank you for going unrealistic in a much more realistic way:)

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

love This

NitpicNitpic5 months ago
Better

Better than a lot of alternatives.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nicely wrapped version of George Anderson's classic tale. Short and sweet. Maybe next, a version of "Another Love"??

H. JekyllH. Jekyll4 months ago

Definitely not the George Anderson tale. This is its very own story with a few now well-known characters. Frankly, the original was a case of piling on and on (and on). How bad could it get for the poor husband? That made it interesting. Otherwise--for me anyway--the story was interesting because it became, in Literotica circles, a social phenomenon. I think your "version" is fun.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Oh my what an original take on the story. GA created a classic and a bit of a monster in FS. This is without doubt one of the very best versions. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Enjoyed it thoroughly. The five tasers was a bit much, and surprised no bouncer in the club, but highly entertaining. This Linda was awesome.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I simply don't know how I could have missed this when it was published. It immediately jumps into the top 10 of my personal favorites in the FS lineage.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Quite a fun read. Good to see Jim and Linda and their friends act like real people, well until all the tasering. Suspect the police would be investigating Dee. Nothing would probably come from it except maybe a civil suit by Marc the Seizure Guy in the viral video. But even then there are a lot of witnesses and Marc grabbed Jim's collar in a clearly aggressive manner. Will poknt out that well educated people are just as likely, or even more so in some careers, to be narcissists. Regardless was a great story and entertaining read. 5 stars. One of my favorite FS alternate stories.

desecrationdesecrationabout 1 month ago

Some solid points. I think most people view celebrities and athletes as trained monkeys, which is why they enjoy the self-destruction of so many of these professions. Every tabloid is full of it.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 month ago

One of the best stories where LaValliere is crippled or actually terminated. Intellectuals with tasers. That’s pretty scary. A real loving Linda? That’s a miracle.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Typical of a Just Words story - hope that there are still many strong moral people.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...