All Comments on 'February Sucks for Some People'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 201 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Absolutely ridiculous! Child like thinking like a little boy who fantasizes about getting the playground bully back.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

I’m still waiting for someone to shoot Marc on the dance floor, but this will do nicely. Great job having Dee take down the bully Marc with her taser. I like your Linda, a woman with brains, will, and love for her husband. Great take on the story.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 3 years ago

In competition for the worst of the takes on the original.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Clean up on aisle 6. Love it!

AbovethecircleAbovethecircleabout 3 years ago

Finally, a conclusion that features a true loving wife!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nah still the same as all of them stories, TRASH

tizwickytizwickyabout 3 years ago

A swing and a miss, strike 3 your out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I actually had something like that happen. Not quite so bad, but....

a group of us had gone to see a local comedy club. Comedian ran his routine, and focused in on one of my lady friends (petite, cute). Tried to inveigle her into coming on stage. She declined. He pressed the matter, her hand came out of her purse holding a stun gun. SNAP. Including the big fat spark across the top.

Comedian decided to try his luck with a lady on the other side of the stage.

ranec1ranec1about 3 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Storm113Storm113about 3 years ago

Very funny, and almost unbelievably, a new twist. After all the copies I thought that would be impossible. Lol. Very nice. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ticks all the boxes! The solidarity of true friends, a marriage preserved and a cad humiliated!

Bebop3Bebop3about 3 years ago

Very cute story. Thanks for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Love it

jumped up dick like LeValierre deserve it. Did the Tazer fry his balls though. Or cause ED for the stud.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 3 years ago

Very nice. Somehow I can’t wipe this grin off my face. Go Dee!

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago

this is what was supposed to happen

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
You had the physical set up of the club correct,

...but the main premise of the GA story, the reason he thought it up and write was his thesis that the Celebrity Slut Ray (CSR) is real. That a celebrity walked by, and several women said, “I’d do him... even though I’m married”. That in the following conversation he had with the women, many of them married, most of the women agreed that if a celebrity were to approach them, in the right situation, which even included if the husband were present, they’d go off with celebrity, trusting that the husband would realize it was a one-off deal and forgive them.

THAT premise needs to be the real STARTING POINT of any redux version of GA’s “February Sucks” story; not the club scene itself, not the wife and football player had been secretly tristing before hand, not anything else, but the CSR part. The story could have been set at a church Summer retreat (where I guess a famous minister does the dirty as the CSR inducer); or in a Nieman-Marcus and a big name athlete is shopping for presents for his mother’s birthday, spies your wife, and propositions her in front of you, inducing the CSR; maybe on a trans-Atlantic flight, where recently divorced George Clooney comes into Business Class and propositions you’re wife in front of you, inducing CSR; or at a club, a guy drops a photo in front of your fruends and says, “This is a picture of my 12” cock. Anyone want to try it?” And off your wife goes off; or on a backpacking trip where the fiancée goes off with the handsome and sophisticated seeming older brother of a friend she’s had a been crushing on for years, right in front of the fiancé and everyone else on the trip. etc etc.

Whatever the physical setting is, the main point is someone, somehow, induced the CSR with the wife, in front of the husband, and she goes off, leaving him hanging slack-jawed. Then anything else can fall from that.

Now, if in GAs intro to February Sucks did not include the conversation he had with the women, and that that’d been rattling around his head for 10 years, and he had finally decided to write a story based on that conversation, then ANY physical and emotional setting would be all right. But he does, in fact, say the story is based on the CSR conversation he had sometime in the past.

ArediaArediaabout 3 years ago

I think yours is my favourite take on the story. :) I can't stand bullies, and as for sports - meh. :)

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoabout 3 years ago

Bravo! Short, sweet, to a shocking conclusion... great little take on the story.

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

Yeah, it was a different take on the original, and yes l did enjoy the villain being put in his place. But it was so far removed from the plot l could not in all honesty award high points for it

So, 3/5 is what this effort gets.

mainer42mainer42about 3 years ago

Priceless!!! Having read all of the versions, it was fun to read yours. No nitpicking here just kudos to your imagination.

FamilyGuy1963FamilyGuy1963about 3 years ago

A great twist on a well used story. Congratulations and a well deserved 5*****

tangledweedtangledweedabout 3 years ago

What this version of February Sucks has as an advantage over many other versions is the brevity. It wrapped up in the space most of them used to recap the original. So it has that going for it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

awesome job. Very similar to the one where he was badly beaten on the dance floor but this time the ladies saved he day. I was surprised that she did the several dances but again that lead up to the confrontation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
off base

love it but too far off original plot

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

I gave up reading follow ups of this horrid story long ago but I usually enjoy your stories and gave it a read.

You spun a fine tale as usual. Loved the taser idea and making Dee the heroine.

Impo_64Impo_64about 3 years ago

Very good. Only the second story where the friends were all real friends...That's what all the other stories were missing...5*

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 3 years ago

This story was the Bizarro February Sucks. Everything was opposite. This was a well done feel good tale while GA's original created deep emotional angst and anger. GA's plot was unlikely, but it certainly started the juices flowing.

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

It's a shame it took so long for an author to have the guts to write a story in response to so many others' fuss. Actually, it should be a matter of course how people should behave in this situation. But it seems to me that Just_Words recognized it correctly. Thank you for speaking out of the heart of many readers. Because not every woman is a slut and as far as I am concerned, all of my friends are correct and reliable people. 5*!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

That is a February any man would love to remembrr.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Outstanding treatment of one of my favorite stories. And with that, hoping that February Sucks is pretty much done....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The original wasn't worth reading and each subsequent version is even worse.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 3 years ago

I liked it! That’s a very different spin on the basic story. It also plays on the fact that if the marriage is as great as George Anderson described, then both have respect and consideration for the other. A wife like that doesn’t accept offers to dance with men outside their group, on a night out with hubby.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 3 years ago

I must admit that I've read all of the follow-up stories of the February Sucks story. The good, the bad and the ugly. Generally I dislike them but I seem to be addicted! Ha. However, this simple, straightforward example was refreshingly different. Many thanks. (Damn, I hope it's the last one I'm "forced" to read! Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Thank you

that’s how real couples and true friends deal with something like that. 5*

TajfaTajfaabout 3 years ago

This is what should happen in the circumstances described. Well done.

Rw43Rw43about 3 years ago

I cannot give 5* to anyone's supplemental ending of GA's provocative story--i'm sure you understand as an accomplished writer that borrowing characters and plot is building on another writer's foundation--but yours is the most satisfying conclusion yet.

As much as Literotica thrives on cheating, cuckolding and sharing, there is something wonderful about the well-written story of monogamy.

But where's the sex? I'm sure even engineers can make those damn things work, if you push the buttons in the correct sequence.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

After all the the alternate versions of George Anderson's story,

THIS IS HOW THIS STORY IS SUPPOSED TO END.

With a loving wife.

5 STAR

RanDog025RanDog025about 3 years ago

OUT OF ALL THE "FEBRUARY SUCKS" STORIES I'VE READ. THIS IS THE BEST ONE YET!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Well done, it showed not all wives are self serving whores. Most wives, despite what some feminist bitches may feel entitled to do, do believe in real love and respect for their husbands and stick to their marriage vows. They joined together and showed what happens when they are bullied and disrespected. Definately the best version yet. 5+

NipplesandwineNipplesandwineabout 3 years ago

Now that's the type of women you can be proud of. Great read thanks

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

"He plays tight end for the local football team." - Is that how anybody would really talk? Wouldn't they say the name of the team?

njlaurennjlaurenabout 3 years ago

I liked this,I am done will excuse Just_words of snobbery, how dare he look down on jocks and their arrogance, but it is a fun take. Given the nature of the cult of athletes I wouldn't be surprised if Dee wasn't arrested for using a taser on LaValliere, if the restaurant wouldn't have called the cops ( though I suspect they could get any number of people to testify LaValliere was getting physical and it was self defense and DA would drop charges) and cops generally being numbnuts would take assholes side.

Another amazing,short take from Just_words, he gets thing said in few words that would take me pages, Hemingway would be proud.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I wanted to give this 5 stars but...

You didn't tell me what western movie that came from.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

This had charm and good humor.

I'm similar in thoughts about sports icons.

I'm a fight fan myself but don't look up to anyone just because they are talented in a sport.

Thanks for the smile I'm wearing after reading this.

DavidadDavidadabout 3 years ago

I've read all in this series I think, but this one is the best. Thank you for writing this ending.

MVarroMVarroabout 3 years ago

Finally a story how a loyal adult couple and true friends deal with such a situation, thank you 5*

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 3 years ago

Love the Marc special line. This is probably one of the best takes on this story and how it should of ended.

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 3 years ago

Cute and short. Perfect. Thanks. You do have a way with words.

58mg58mgabout 3 years ago

I think it was Blazing Saddle's

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Really liked it. Excellent take on the original and a much more satisfying outcome.

Robby_DRobby_Dabout 3 years ago

It gets much of it's impact from the long series of stories that preceeded it, but this was the most satisfying of all of them! 5 🌟.

SkubabillSkubabillabout 3 years ago

Hawking works for me. Pretty good twist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The best damn version of all!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Finally. the right response to an asshole

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 3 years ago

I can barely equate it to the original. This one is a tad unbelievable, but well done.

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 3 years ago

5***** A great, humorous, original story that is off a worn-out story idea. I have encountered celebs over the decades and after chatting and/or drinking with them. I have found they are regular people IF you don't go all weird on them. The only Marc type I ever encountered was in high school. He now sells used cars.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterabout 3 years ago
Finally!

Best version yet!

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago

Like many I said I wouldn't read anymore of these, but as you said it was a different story i did. It was and I liked it, proper wife and real friends. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

My first thought was “oh no, not another one!” But this was more than worth the short read. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
College athletes were worse than pro athletes

When I was a Wrestler for a certain Big 10 school I remember watching the star running back from the football team giving a skinny little guy and his girlfriend a bunch of shit because she would not dance with him. They got up to leave and things started to turn a bit physical.

As I was getting up to intervene and slap the running back around for fun (I really despised him), the skinny little guy locked one of his legs around the foot area of the running back and the other leg did a funky type of dive towards the back and outside of his knee.

The next thing you knew, the running back was squirming on the ground screaming in pain holding his knee. That was the last time the running back was ever seen on campus again. I assume his knee was unrepairable back then.

It turns out the skinny little guy was studying to be a Doctor so I guess he knew where the weak point of the knee joint was lol.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The story line has been overdone, however this was an amusing twist on the original and many poor follow-ups.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
At least it was something new

But the original story was been SO over worked that I'm just tired of it. Next time a fire will strike the Club and everyone will die except.............

Throwback67Throwback67about 3 years ago

After reading all of the rewrites over the last few months, I was wary of another one. However you did not disappoint, as usual! Thanks for the most original retelling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

"It seems like everyone has taken a run at George Anderson's story "February Sucks".

<P>

That's NOT a good thing. It's call running a concept into the ground. I see one of these, I skip reading and just rate it a 1.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 3 years ago

Finally! Loved it. This is what was supposed to happen! Thank you for this! 5/5

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 3 years ago

"Oh Pooh, this story's no fun!" ... it's got real loving wives in it!

Actually, a really smart take on an overworked theme and was a lot more fun than most of the others. 5* from me, for a nice follow-up.

Can we call it quits now?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Liked it for a short story. A different take from the usual that end with someone becoming a cuck or vengeful wargod lol. Though given the nature of this category I can understand why some may not like it. Keep it up

Wh00sherWh00sherabout 3 years ago

One of the best versions of this, but are writers really so starved for ideas that this premise need to be recycled again and again?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
marc

athletes with attitude issues should read this version . my wife would not dance with such a jerk in the first place. she is hit on alot but always put the guy in his place. she does not accept this kind of crap. being the beautiful woman in the room does not mean she has to put up with this .

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 3 years ago

An excellent take on the February Sucks story. The wives acted like proper wives. Two things should have happened though - the cops should have been called based on both the public threats and the tasering. Also, the news should have gone more than just local. Lastly, some of those football players 1) have more sense and 2) more brains then LaValliere and would have recognized that multiple people were recording the event in a public place; the cops would get involved, and it would be a publicity nightmare all caused by LaValliere's desire to go after married women. Many of these guys are married and probably sick of LaValliere's antics and probably would feel he got his just rewards. Can you imagine what will happen to the club's reputation that 5 married women out to dinner with their husbands had to draw tasers on 5 professional athletes because the club's bouncers wouldn't interfere? Can you say some people would get fired? Also, I knew a guy who was a bouncer - after he got out of the SEALS from his tour in Vietnam Nam. Mark might be an athlete, but whether or not he knows how to fight, especially dirty or when his life is on the line is highly doubtful. Chances are he would attack the bouncers, and get hurt and it would all be on camera. If the injury didn't end his career the publicity would.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Ladies and gentlemen, we finally have a winner!!! I was never going to read another of these as they really got pointless but Im glad I gave this a shot. Congratz you wrote what is literally one of the rarest wives ever seen here. One that really loved her husband (granted if they were all like that the BTB crowd would have to elsewhere and the cucks would never get over the shock of a husband that wants his wife to actually love/respect/ touch/have sex with him)

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 3 years ago

very nice. Those idolized guys in their costumes playing their games are ok but do not compare to our real heroes in uniform that sacrifice for us everyday. Police, fire fighters, military, EMTs, doctors, nurses...

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 3 years ago

I have come to having a sick feeling in the pit of my belly every time someone post another February Sucks story. Thanks for not regurgitating the build up from the original story and instead begins just before were Marc LaVallieres comes to the table.

It didn't take long for a smile to cross my face. Thank You. Entertaining and funny. 5 Stars.

hermie55hermie55about 3 years ago

Great story! That is all I need say. 5 srars

BigJim48BigJim48about 3 years ago

I like this version of Linda. Dee ain't so bad herself! This is by far one of the best renditions of the February Sucks series! All marriages should be so sound!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

I've called BULLSHIT on the original and any other versions that present Linda as a loving devoted wife and mother of two small children turned slut in 15 minutes. THIS story is much more believable given the character development of Linda and her relationship with her husband and family. 5*

johnadpjohnadpabout 3 years ago

I haven't seen it for a while, but I think the movie was Blazing Saddles. A true classic!

johnadpjohnadpabout 3 years ago

Have to add another comment. I live in the same town that Kobe used to live in. Once my wife and I and two couple friends of ours were visiting from out of town went to a restaurant. We had just walked in and were at the host station waiting to be seated when Kobe walked by us. He had played in a playoff game that same day. He had come in with his wife and two daughters (the eldest two who at that time were really young). He left his wife at the table and took his two daughters to the bathroom. One thing I have to say you could tell how devoted he was to his daughters.

On his way back from the restroom he walked by us he noticed my friend's wife gawking at him.

Holding on to his daughter's hands Kobe gave his really big smile and said hi to her and the rest of us and walked on. I've never seen that friend's wife ever flirt with any man outside her husband, but she was flush. I think she had a mini orgasm right there and then. Every time we ran into them for the next year or so, she would repeat to us, "did you guys see Kobe said hi to me?"

Have to say the guy was very charismatic. I had run into him at charity events and other things, along with other big stars, but he was definitely came across as very charming and charismatic. Having read February Sucks would have been interesting to see if he came on to my friend's wife how she would have reacted. Funnily, my wife didn't even know who he was till we told her, but she was like the characters in this story. Her reaction was "oh", like who cares. She's never been much of a sports fan.

JuniorPistachioJuniorPistachioabout 3 years ago

Definitely one of the better sequels. Like the Captain Kirk Kobayashi Maru no-win scenario approach. When confronted with the no-win situation, changed the conditions. 😎

Someone wrote did a similar approach where Linda turned down the lizard when he asked her to dance. Having the lizard get his boys tazed is more fun.

Kirk got a commendation for original thinking. Alas, I can only give five starts.

matuateneiramatuateneiraabout 3 years ago

One of the best yet, although a bit over the top. This angle has not been written before and it seems to me to catch a more real set of events. However although this story seems more real in many respects, the original story was hugely entertaining even if it was not totally credible.

DazzyDDazzyDabout 3 years ago

This is in my top 3 of these stories. 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

One of the best versions to date!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A little over the top (but quite a few stories are, so no demerits there), but entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I dislikd the original story, and have loathed the many alternatives that have been offered up to date. Yours actually made melaugh out loud--THANK YOU for that.

Let's hope that yours becomes the coda to this entire string.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

@etchiboy, I don't think it was so much GA's belief in the CSR, but that he met a group of women who claimed that it was true.

/

@johnadp - I don't doubt for a minute that there are women dazzled by celebrities and who would be sorely tempted to go off with them. I even believe that there are some who would. What I REFUSE to believe that there are ANY who would walk away from her husband, and expect him to accept it as a "once in a lifetime" experience. I don't believe that a husband would in the reverse situation, either.

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 3 years ago

One of the best versions of this tale, thank you for sharing.

5/5

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 3 years ago

You missed the whole point of GA's brilliant story.

Hooked

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

10/10!!!

.

You showed what a person with character, love, integrity and happiness does when faced with temptation! Like you, celebrity doesn't impress me worth a damn. I've never asked for an autograph or made a big deal about a celebrity's status. Instead, I treat them like I treat everyone else and in three notable instances, they thanked me for that. One is still a pretty close friend. At the end of the day, most of them are like the rest of us.

robinhodrobinhodabout 3 years ago

I found the original story to be absolutely gripping.

So were some of the sequels. Not all.

It's been said before that this tale has run it's course. I agree.

I'm a little saddened that a writer of JW's talent should have wasted his time (and mine).

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerabout 3 years ago

I SWORE I would never read another February sucks story. Never say never. 7 stars(because we all know I can't count) .The Bear approves. NOW I'll never read another February sucks story.

The BEAR

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

I liked this version the most - too bad I can only give you a 5.

In my world this kind of thing would never happen - not ever.

These kind of circumstancs only happens in fairy tales.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

best yet

Although I'm no fan of mr. Andersen (or his "writing"), I will admit to passing on many of the continuations for his epic tragedy. The basis for his story being so confusticated, it is an annoying read to the legitimately logical.

I am sorry I missed the inclusion of Mr. Hawking, but I would dearly enjoy reading about Neul Degauss Tysun being tasered (especially if those doing the tasering were the logical scientific types who understand the fiction of "global warming" and fyziks).

Cumgraduations on a story well received (with only one known mistake, the use of "whit" instead of "WIT")

Smokepole

firedog451firedog451about 3 years ago

Great story. Best outcome of all the previous versions.

Slider_48167Slider_48167about 3 years ago

Finally an ending without all the feminine choice BS. If I was abandoned, the house and all her belongings would have been torched before she returned home

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...