All Comments on 'February Sucks: Forewarned'

by greenday0418

Sort by:
  • 178 Comments (Page 2)
KRD19254KRD19254over 2 years ago

2nd read and I still find this one the BEST of all the alternative endings. It was smart, realistic, doable and the true guilty got there's due to their arrogance. Glad that Jim was written as an astute caring husband that believes in TRUST but verify (in part due to the three bitches Linda hung with and wanted to take advantage of her newly discovered submissiveness).

/

[Glad Jim was to get such a big bonus check.... he burned through some serious $$$. ]

/

+5*, Hooyah, Salutes....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was a nice story but exactly how did February suck?

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Reread this one....even better second time... Outstanding add-on ending story Greenday0418 Like I said before takes an exceptional writer to take an utterly worthless ultra wimp cuckold story like February Sucks And produce a killer work like this from those ashes. You correctly intuited that a regular add-on would not work because there simply were no basic bones in the original to lead to anything but the most excessive BTB. Nope you utterly rewrote the whole story to provide sufficient background transformation of the original sociopathic wife into a merely deluded but recoverable idiot who had been led astray by both her own fantasies and the deceptive "friendship" by her betraying "friends." Then, you supplement this with an entirely new alpha husband who sees the problem, plans the remedies, and takes no prisoners No way that this is not the very best of the entire lot of February Sucks add-ons.

Congratulations there greenday0148 for a job very well done...you are swiftly becoming one of my favorite authors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 2 years ago

This was a really good story, but not an ending to the GA classic. It’s an entirely new story based on the same characters at the same time of year. It’s still good.

That said, your epilogue didn’t carry the success. Needed something stronger than an adultery scandal, something with a real risk of prison. Your window of opportunity, was the date rape drugs, at the restaurant or club.

B3ndoverB3ndoverover 2 years ago

It was a good story but it was too drawn out

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Could not take any more. Stopped at page five. Really too long and drawn out.

PdgriggsPdgriggsover 2 years ago

This was the absolutely best version, and the most entertaining!!! 5 Stars

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Great story, easy five. I would have preferred the story presented to stand on its own feet. George Anderson’s work is excellent and worth all the kudos. But this story did not need to hold Mr Anderson’s coattails.

fishgetterfishgetterabout 2 years ago

I did not like it so a 2*, it felt too jumbled together. All the characters were weird, plot was iffy, no typos as far as I saw. Keep on writing, for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Hmm

A barely understandable mess.

miket0422miket0422about 2 years ago

Loved this reimagining of the classic. Finally a version where it makes sense that Jim and Linda stayed together.

Felt a little cheated that we didn't get to see the full conversations with Marc and the "friends".

Trying to portray Marc as a "victim" rang hollow.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 2 years ago

Definitive. Victory. Good triumphs, evil routed. Five ***** stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I really enjoyed it. No one got hurt, and it had a happy ending that was believable. A very worthwhile read. Having read most of the other versions, this one seems to be the best yet. I gave it 5 stars for actually being a "Loving Wives" story, versus a cheating wives story. Just goes to show you that a little communication and spending some time together will do wonders for a relationship. And changing things up really seemed to help theirs. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Boring, and actually a mess. I ended up skimming parts of it and then giving up entirely. Two stars.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartabout 2 years ago

An interesting change to the usual FebSucks formula. The husband and wife nipped the intended affair in the bud early, the wife showed she really didn't want to cheat, and most shocking of all was Marc turning out to not be a complete POS. Probably the most unique element was the "swinging group" seemed more interested in the hubby then the wife, usually she is the center of whatever sex shenanigans but this time it seemed more like she was being pawned off on Marc so everyone else could play with the husband. 5 stars, different enough to feel unique.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Clever. Well handled.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

engrossing tale, very long, or too long but could. Sometimes I wonder where people get all their money? Sometimes despise all the "rich" people stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

While I think this was a good story and a great counterpoint to February Sucks, I think you did the story a disservice by using the characters without the core premise. I really enjoyed the story, but the core premise of February Sucks is that her actions are spontaneous and out of character. You're not the only author to add advance planning, and I've been disappointed with the approach each time. I think you did your own story a disservice by listing it as a version of February Sucks instead of going the "inspired by" route and using your own cast of characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Overall, better than most FS versions. That said, it was overly long and I disliked how you characterized Marc as an OK guy.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 2 years ago

So, as long as hubby is willing to fight for marriage, spend thousands of dollars, and constantly wine dine and flower wifey, then the marriage can survive and maybe flourish. Good ole wifey need do nothing, and when opportunity knocks, if hubby has slipped up even a little bit, then she can go off and do anything she wants,marriage be damned. Common attitude, and of course it is all on the man. All risk of rejection is on the man during courtship. All the man needs to do is suppress his feelings so rejection is not too severe. The new he gets to spend 20 k on a ring while wifey , all the while lobbying with other FEMS fights for equal pay , but spends nothing on any ring, and then waits to see if hubby can fulfill the tasks as outlined above, before she goes and listens to all the current counselors, as she isn't encouraged to " assert her sexuality".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So I've read 5 FS stories and is it a prerequisite that the MC is a weak willed sad douche bag? 2*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great premise but the execution was somewhat flawed. Too many twists and turns and unlikely events. Still it was sometimes amusing. 3/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Whether the women chase you it is still adultery and you are cuckolding a husband

Too long

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice story, thanks for the time and effort.

sf1134sf1134almost 2 years ago

Liked it. Overly long yet not enough descriptive retribution on the corrupt swingers group. Needed to see more of their downfall.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Overall, a 5. One of the best versions. I did think Marc got off easy both in how he was characterized as well as the aftermath.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I have no idea how you feel this version even comes close to relating to the original tale,other than names. Very disappointed that it did not, this story in itself was really not very good. 2 stars for a long winded nothing story.

siro2011siro2011almost 2 years ago

I justlove IT

Tank yoz

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story started out well but eventually it got too extreme to be believable. Tone the over the top stuff down and it can be a five. I liked the overall idea and the happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ok nothing changes facts. She wanted to cheat. She planned to cheat. She treated her husband like scrap so she could cheat. Her husband stopped it. She did not.

Why the neck keep her?

kage440kage440over 1 year ago
Great

Great version

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Dis one da bestest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I went from chapter 2, to the end. It sucked. Nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Less saga of the software and more retribution for the guilty would have made for a better story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When people learn to read our stories witout tryng to rewrite them, then maybe they will realise you are a very good writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. But an altogether different story than the original. Truth is that Jim could have stopped things that night at a critical juncture but let his "friends" distract and delay him. In this story, Linda wasn't going to go through with it, but needed help to dig out of the mess. Shitty swingers kept harassing her and wouldn't let up. Good to see them not only have sex of all types but also share memories. Those good memories are the foundation of any successful marriage. Because it is the story of them.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

"So she was thinking in the tub. And she did tell me she loved me. Maybe there was hope. I decided to agree to the date next Friday, to spy on her calls and to snoop."

Why? He has the audio. Why the hell is it necessary to play these stupid games? This is my #1 complaint about this site and category. It's like the writers are in competition to create long boring convoluted plots that defy logic and reason. This isn't what anyone would do in these circumstances so why did you write 8 pages of fluff? It doesn't make sense at all

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonover 1 year ago

Probably my favourite ending to FS

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerover 1 year ago

Better than a lot of them. 🤔🙄☝️👍🌹👌😁👋

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

SIMPLY TRASH....WHITE TRAILER PARK TRASH

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 1 year ago

This is one of the best of the "February Sucks" canon, at least in my humble opinion !

It has one of the happy endings, without being overly sappy, and the technical writing skills are very much in evidence.

I love THIS version more than your other one, by the way, but both share good writing and minimal errors of any kind.

5 stars for a well-done tale...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Anonymous comment below from 3 months ago that starts with "Good story". Hit the nail on the head. Linda wasn't going to go through with the premeditated plan floated by her crappy "friends" but she needed help, and Jim stepped up to the plate, protecting her from the shitty swingers. And burned them good.

nogravynogravyabout 1 year ago

One of my top three February alternate endings. In its own way, it's more an homage than an alternate, and after the first page, I read and experienced it that way. The only logic quibble that I have with the story as a whole is that once it was established that both Lin and Jim were on the same page, I can't see why, according to story logic they continued to have anything to do with her "friends". All that said, however, and taking it as a new story, I loved it and must, therefore give it five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Different, in a good way. Five stars.

JPB

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerabout 1 year ago

2nd x art.. still one of the better ones.. of course some Cry baby's will never like anything written in here.. They need a ole fashión paddling;and write Their own stories... Thén we can laugh at them... Thks,, 👍👌😉

OOAAOOAAabout 1 year ago

FABULOUS story!!!!

Congratulations! Well done!!!

dgfergiedgfergie11 months ago

Nice take on February Sucks. An ounce of prevention seems to apply here. I'm afraid though that many of us just don't have the perception that our MC had to intervene before things went south. Very good story.. I do learn a few things reading these LW and Romance stories problem is I'm 80 and the wife passed 4 years ago. Not much chance of hooking up again...........................

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine11 months ago

Nice story. Regarding the puppy: The litter was due around March 3rd. It’s now March 8. The kids are being chased by a 15 pound puppy. I don’t think so. Besides puppy’s need to remain with their moms for 8-12 weeks before breaders will adopt them out.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Why was she so nervous about an ostensibly relatively innocent night out?

~~~

"I tucked them in" - At the beginning of the previous paragraph they were tucked in.

~~~

"Has someone been talking to you?" - Why, is there something someone would be talking to him about?

~~~

"But sometimes I want to be thrown down and fucked hard like a whore." - So tell him that, but don't get pissed off when he does it!

~~~

"We, women, deserve a little strange after putting up with our husbands all these years." - And the husbands don't?

~~~

"including the accusations of how bad a lover you must be." - Wouldn't her reluctance to swing indicate that he must be a good lover?

~~~

I agree that this is too long. By page three he's onto the scheme, Linda is on his side, why not just shut the sluts down now?

Schlouis57Schlouis5710 months ago

Super, une des meilleures histoires.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good story but core elements are totally different than original story. Linda was very different in this story. So were her "friends".

CtwistedpairCtwistedpair9 months ago

I love a great twist on a great story. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not the best sequel version, but certainly the most convoluted and confusing.

usaretusaret8 months ago

Without any criticism, it’s a five star story; why? Because I thought it the best February Sucks follow up. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Finally; a proactive husband!

Busman19639Busman196397 months ago

What a long winded story and difficult to follow.

Norseman123Norseman1237 months ago

Like your style 5*****

orneryonezorneryonez5 months ago

Best version iv'e read yet!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Tina Turner story here. In the FS world this is "Simply the Best". BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

TOO LONG! You could have cut out a lot of crap and had a great story at four pages.

usaretusaret4 months ago

Nicely done. But a totally different tale, not at all like the first with these characters.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I know you warned us about rambling on boy did you. Interesting version of a now over told story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

One of the very best alternate stories. Redefines it whole cloth. But entertaining.

TajfaTajfa4 months ago

Arrested for adultery? This started really well but, for me, there was just too much fluff in the story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What a pointlessly convoluted story.

KevinTheEngineerKevinTheEngineer3 months ago

Expected a febsux redux. It wasn’t, it was a good story in its own right. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well that was more fun than I’d thought it would be.

LoriRobinsonGaLoriRobinsonGa3 months ago

#115 FS sequel read. Pretty good a touch long winded in places and a hint of convoluted in others. The story didn't flow as well as some of your other stories.

Taco76310Taco763103 months ago

This is a version I can truly get behind and enjoy. Loved his kids at work.

AnonimousOtherAnonimousOther2 months ago

Much too long and not really true to George Anderson's original but more enjoyable than most

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Two conflicting issues here. On the one hand you dragged the story endlessly, , But on the other, you had me engaged with the tale. I initially rated it five stars, but am changing it to four. Just too many details about the family life and his work. But again, you did keep me engaged.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Good story, a little long in places and the drama level was low. The confrontation was an anticlimax but still very readable. I gave you a 1 however because you had a good story that you tried to squeeze it into the septic tank of the FS universe... Why?

SNPHLoverSNPHLover10 days ago
Not a FS variant but an original story

FS is based in the premises of a decision made by Linda to leave with Marc, the variants explore this, not rewrite it such it does not happen.

The ending was OK but a little weak in the drama stakes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 hours ago

This story has no depth to it. It is merely a list of actions and activities performed by characterless characters. There are no emotions, thoughts or feelings portrayed throughout this story.

There is no build up or drama.

The story line is good, and as previously commented on, it is quite engaging.

It may have been better as a stand alone story rather than piggy backing on someone else's story, but then removing the lynch pin that the story was centered on.

AS the great Alfred Hitchcock said " If you are going to show a bomb, then you must also show the bomb exploding." In the FS story, her being approached by Marc and dancing with Marc was the showing of the bomb. Her leaving with Marc was the explosion.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergreenday0418@greenday0418
New story submitted for ON THE JOB 2023 in Romance. This one took me two years to finish. New meds seem to help. Still no cure, but there is hope for Alzheimer's treatment to slow down the disease.