All Comments on 'February Sucks in Britain'

by FreddieTheCamel

Sort by:
  • 224 Comments
A_BierceA_Bierceabout 2 years ago

Disturbingly real. Took GA's story and changed it from a mythic tale of betrayal to an unsettling examination of the assumptions upon which we risk our well-being, if not our very lives. Brilliant writing, but not-so-brilliant fodder for our dreams.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 2 years ago

Absolutely the best and most mature of all the sequels and way better than the original.

lujon2019lujon2019about 2 years ago

So she was desperate to fuck a celebrity for no other reason than he was a celebrity, even though until the people at the table told her sh had no idea he was a celebrity?

And her husbands rewards her wanting to fuck other men with sex?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I liked the story. You changed enough to set it apart, and your original work was good enough that I loved your additions. If you had changed all of the names and dropped the February time frame, I would have given it a 5. There are very few original stories with more than 30,000 stories in Loving Wives alone. Ideas are going to get recycled enough to make the stories original. You came close to that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A mediocre tale

greenday0418greenday0418about 2 years ago

First story where husband danced with the instigator, Dee. Makes sense she would get jealous. 5*

bobareenobobareenoabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed this, it was a very clever departure from the original. The crisis of confidence in the vow, without the destruction of the relationship, was unique. Well written!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I liked it, good job

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
didnt

need this drivel didnr do anything new just rehashed the same story and made more of a wimp

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedabout 2 years ago

This was the first interesting variant on the original in some time. It was a realistic look at the scenario with the husband’s response being one designed to refocus his wife, even though he had the same anger as the husband in the original. Of course had he waited for her to return instead of getting up to dance, the original ending or something similar would have played out. He wisely confronted her action rather than the celebrity athlete, who might well carried the night as in the original otherwise. Very enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved it. Yet another possibility of real events in a great description of a pair with honesty to each other.

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 2 years ago
The best of the lot

Maybe even better than the original

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Spin off on G.A.'s Story but much more realistic. This is what could have happened.

GA's story was totally unbelievable. No happily married woman leaves her husband on a date night & sleeps with a stranger even if he's a celebrity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nicely done! Marcus Devere needs to have a Brazilian wax with 60 grit paper and an orbital sander, sans wax! And I hope Becky pulls her head out of the sand or her butt, wherever she keeps it. Can a woman that seemingly happy and in love with her husband really get turned so quickly? I suppose it has happened at least once sometime, somewhere. Better outcome than most of the FS versions but still a tad iffy on Becky's mindset. 4☆ - TANSTAAFL

KarnevilKarnevilabout 2 years ago

I'm one of those who thinks there are too many February stories, in fact I believe George Anderson's original was one too many by itself. However, as a brit I was intrigued by this 'English' version, I really shouldn't have bothered. It actually read like either an English author trying to sound American, or an American trying to sound British. There were a couple of Brit phrases but apart from that it could have been anywhere in the world. Probably the worst were the references to football: absolutely no British footballer would refer to his 'trainer' it always his 'manager, boss or govnor'. Also the national league is around the fifth tier of football, with all due respect not the place you'd find a millionaire superstar, and finally, the football season starts in August, no matter how bad the weather is in February I imagine any snow will be gone by then.

As for the story itself it wasn't as rediculous as the others but I found it a little blah, seven quite boring characters doing nothing, and just when it appeared to get interesting everybody uped and buggered off. In the end I didn't give a tinkers cuss what happened, which is possibly worse than actually disliking it.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeabout 2 years ago

A very different take on GA's Classic tale. Even though she did not go through with leaving with Marc, there was plenty of dram and angst to make for a good story, despite its brevity. Also you avoided the violence that is not uncommon with alternative versions of Feb Sux, and still told a fine story. Nicely done.

-

Perhaps, if you want to, you can continue it. Let us see what happens afterwards. There were none mentioned, but did Becky and Bryan have children? That would add to the drama.

-

Pasqual

irinmikeirinmikeabout 2 years ago

The best spin off I have read by far.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent addition to the lineup....nice one.

Galama88aGalama88aabout 2 years ago

I hope for longer original about this topic thanks for the story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Oh dear.If your gonna take on someone as good as he is make sure your at least competent. Very poorly developed and written so poorly it annoyed me. No stars

Angry_White_Cuck2021Angry_White_Cuck2021about 2 years ago

It reminds me of that time I met Kate Upton….

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 2 years ago

Very interesting variant of the original story. And what was so interesting was the short point of view of Marc.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow, this was great! I have to agree with the accolades posted by the other commenters! *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of your bests! 5*

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 years ago

That was a good scenario.

Really it seems realistic.

Yes wives do have fantasies.

But I really don't know what I'd feel if I hear her say she wants to have sex with another man.

To me that seems so unacceptable.

/

Let see.

How about me having sex with a celebrity sex goddess?

Nope. I might masturbate on her nakedness but I can't really see myself having sex with her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

UK football season doesn't start in Feb. Do you live in the UK ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent take on the one night with a celebrity. I really like how at the end he raises the question of trust. I also would have added the threat of marcus looking her up as to him she was the one that got away. Ruined his perfect record.

Husband should tell her he will be checking up on her so should she decide to cheat make it worth the divorce. Dont get divorced for just a night of sex like you get at home.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Please stop. This is an embarrassment to your fellow British men. The rewrites of this story just get more pathetic with every version. Hopefully yours is the last.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story but I feel it should have a more complete ending. Did he figure out why in his mind did they get over the incident For that matter how did he go from madly in love to convinced she was going to leave him based on seeing her accept a dance. Seems insecure on his part.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Again I ask, why do so many people consider the original ‘February Sucks’ - a story that has REQUIRED perhaps 200 only partially successful attempts to FIX IT - some sort of CLASSIC?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was almost an average rewrite of the story that will just not go away.

You had Bryan go from a man that at least stood up to his wife to just another pussy whipped simp.

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I thought there would be a rugby player...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

PLEASE !!!!! Let this fucked up story die. The original was nothing to rave about and every sequel since gets even worse. Enough already.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You can make it so that in one of the alternative versions, the husband would beat a football player right on the dance floor, well, or near the toilets, when he and his wife were walking arm in arm to the service exit?

BigK10BigK10about 2 years ago

Best version that I have read! It just felt more real, more honest, more true to their emotions. Her temptation was believable and her response, honest. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yes, I always knew that we, the British, would have bigger balls than the Americans.

John (UK)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It was necessary for her husband to fuck her crying in public right there in the club

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just superb. Because it managed to expose the central point IG GA’s impossible premise that a “happy and devoted” wife could…and WOULD..allow her base urges to control her actions IRRESPECTIVE of any consequences.

.

FreddieTheCamel has Bryan observe near the end: 'We question our basic assumptions, take nothing for granted. Especially not the assumption that a marriage vow taken seven years ago will somehow protect us from millions of years of evolution.' In other words…an individual needs to let their intellect and moral compass control their actions, else every person would just behave as if ANYTHING is OK “if I want to”.

.

Thanks to the author for exposing in a very logical way the ultimate issue here: that our human condition is not supposed to be ruled by our baser urges. Of course, we’re we all to act like this…there would be no fodder for Lit stories!

.

5 *****

JAFCriticJAFCriticabout 2 years ago

This was a very well thought out approach to George Anderson’s original story! For me there’s an extremely powerful dialogue that absolutely captured my interest and attention from start to end.

I especially want to point out this bit of dialogue:

'What's that look on your face?'

'Puzzlement.'

'Oh? And what is "puzzling" my Man?'

'How I can love you so very much, and at the same time not trust you.'

That line opens up so much more than what is said next. It leaves a stain on the soul of the marriage.

Very well done!

My most sincere compliments Freddie

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A different variant

SkubabillSkubabillabout 2 years ago

While I did enjoy the story and give it four stars, it didn't really feel like a February Sucks story. The athletes were in different sports, the stories take part in different countries, none of the names are the same and Becky didn't even finish dancing with the antagonist. I am not even totally sure what she did to upset her husband. There wasn't even the comment that she was dancing only with her husband that night.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 2 years ago

One of the best of these tales. And, I have read every. single. one. of. them.

I cannot resist. Some are awful. But, some are excellent. This one is excellent.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 2 years ago

An interesting way of dealing with her infatuation with a celebrity.

-

In the original story, Linda only ran off with Marc because she thought her husband would forgive her and there'd be no consequences. The husband dancing and flirting with the wife's best friend, who she knew had a crush on him, would certainly stir up the green-eyed monster. It would also make the wife deeply suspicious of Dee encouraging her to leave for a night with Marc. Unfortunately for Jim in the original, I don't think Dee was into him like that.

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 2 years ago

Freddie, you took a tale that we all have read to death (not saying that's a bad thing) but wrote it in your own style. That's where the problem is, we don't know anything about Bryan and Becky. I got the feeling that there is another story here. either a continuance or ....

You left us with Bryan calculating and Becky still dreaming. Of course there is still the unresolved question of Marcus.

I look forward to the follow up.

HikingThruHikingThruabout 2 years ago

Different, enough. And excellent on its own. Same group of crappy friends, though. Nice touch to use the User, Dee. Subtle stuff like proper use of italics added important emphasis where needed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It's all good, and I really like your take on relationships in general (world made yonder is one of the best stories in LW imho) but...

Man, football season starting in February? In England? What? :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

National league? Did you mean the Premier league, which by the way, would not have it’s start delayed in February which would be half way through the season. Good story though and a welcome addition to the growing list.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of the better versions, even if it has the common flaw of most men writing about a woman's sexuality: they think women process sexuality like men; aren't we all equal? Even though the experience and wisdom of civilization is very evident and common: Men play at love to get sex; women play at sex to get love. In this story you had a woman of experience and intelligence suddenly acting like a pubescent teenager. That is what makes the original story preposterous. Intelligent virtuous women don't suddenly turn into bar pickup sluts. They Don't Need To! They can fuck almost whoever they want whenever they want, and have since they developed breasts. What George Andersen depicts is not a woman's fantasy, but a man's. It is men who write about women being swept off their feet and falling into bed with some Greek God. But women experience that infatuation Very early in life, and the intelligent women learn from it. Oh, you want to say George's February story is about a stupid vain woman? Then the plot becomes meaningless. Sluts exist, and if you marry one, or stay married to one, you deserve what you get. And they are fucking anybody they want, not just the celebrities. Just ask one of those pathetic cucks.

But this version at least attempted to display some resolution and resilience from the intended cuck. If your wife decides she wants another man instead of her husband, that should be the wife's loss, not the husband's. If the husband has allowed himself to become useless, redundant, boring, and of no value to his wife, then he should not be surprised when the wife decides to start looking for a new mate, a real man. The intelligent virtuous wife will try to salvage and reconcile the failing marriage. The slut will just go off with another man. Again, you get what you marry, and you deserve it. Sort of like a society deserving the political leaders they vote for. How's that working out for you Canada, Australia, United States, and several more?

This version was better than most. Most suck, so it still wasn't that good. But thanks for the effort.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 2 years ago

Can't say I like it. There wasn't a point in the story where I didn't connect it with GA's story. Also the ending was not all that good.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitabout 2 years ago

We've all been tempted. Almost all of us have gone too far. Many of us stop before the final nail is driven into the coffin of cheating. Hopefully we stopped on our own and our loved one didn't discover our fall from grace. Having said that, how we handle the situation when we catch our loved one in the beginning of their downfall speaks loudly to the character and depth of their love for each other. This, to me, was an entirely believable scenario. The marriage was badly damaged, perhaps never to recover its previous brilliance, but with work it can survive. I found this to be a well written and thought out scenario. Well done, even if I might have taken a slightly different approach.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This story had such potential. Then it went south and continued heading south till it hit Antarctica and froze in place. Then a large meteor struck it and demolished it totally.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Maybe as close to perfect as this is going to get. 'Ole Becky needs to figure out why her morals can be so easily tossed if the wrong dude shows up. It's really not Bryan's problem to figure out because I posit most wives wouldn't have done this. And you left it there. Hanging.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

That was exceptional! The way the author took the story to the witnesses and the athlete to better understand their smallness brought the story into a new focus. The only thing I don't understand and tend to disagree with is that even after the anger and humiliation at the table after the dance, she still wanted to sleep with the athlete. I would have thought the realization that her friends were not her friends and the athlete viewed her only as a piece of meat would have swept that fantasy out of her mind. Still, very good story. 5*****

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveabout 2 years ago

Thank you. This was a vignette for sure because it can go in many ways from here. The idea that he would be doing analysis alone is not a good sign. After all, poetry is a way to get at the truth of things. So “magic” can still be affirmed if seen through multiple lenses. If he and she doesn’t embrace that, the “magic” is dead…

Frank66Frank66about 2 years ago

Delightful bit of story telling (I think that's how the British would put it). Very well done; I still find the plot of a happily married woman being so easily bowled over almost impossible to believe, and the Becky of this story so quickly also proving to be a hypocrite, when observing Dee with her husband. But then, who of us can even pretend to understand women? Loved it, and another 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He fucked her while she was thinking of Marcus DeVere. What a wimp. Auther tried to make him look tough and resilient, but he just wimped out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Although she did not cheat physically, her desire to fuck him was physical and emotional. That is borderline over the top. The thing that should highlight is the husband thing and had to stop the whole thing from going to exit, stage left

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You really didn’t need to reference GA’s story. In fact, it may have detracted from yours. Still a solid 4!

KRD19254KRD19254about 2 years ago

The one area that was left unexplored was WHY did Dee/Dave 7 Jane/Phil want Becky/Bryan to fail? Why did they push Becky into it? Then toast each other for setting in motion Becky/Bryan's marriage demise?

/

Why was Becky/Bryan fighting the other four? The other four that jealous to want Becky/Brayan to suffer a divorce with absolutely no regards to the kids? Becky/Bryan, it is time to seek BETTER friends!

/

4*, Hooyah, only due to the misses in this alternate as listed above. The writer seemed to be relying on previous alternates and not the root story and as a reader we have no context then.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just a quick question for anonymous who said the claimed the one with the strength to not put up with shit and walk away. Just how many times have you been married? Therapy might help you, but it’s probably too late for that. Good story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Outstanding! The only ding I'll give you - and it's very, very slight - is that the basic theme is so close to your excellent "The World Made Yonder", i.e. the woman driven by core biology to want the Alpha-iest male, at any cost. Your a master at this kind of story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

"Owned by actual Americans?" As opposed to imitation Americans?

\

"Dee, have either of them thanked you for organising this evening?" - Jeez, they just got there! And it's not like they're not paying their own way. In any case, thanks could just as easily wait for the end of the evening.

\

"I've never felt anything like it." - Not even for Bryan?!

\

@lujon2019, I don't see where she didn't know that he was a celebrity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Seen the title, didn't bother reading. Just went to the end of gave it a one star rating. Sick and tired of the February crappy stories. Others, I'm sure will fawn over this like they did all the others. February is one of the worst stories GA ever wrote, not that he wrote that many good ones. 1*

gsteingsteinabout 2 years ago

This plot - a sports figure in a public setting lures a wife away from her husband for a night of sex - continues to tantalize us and cause our imaginations to wander into different scenarios of how the involved parties react to and handle the fallout of such an incident. This is an interesting scenario. It's much different than any other 'sequel' that I've read and, honestly, I think it's a scenario that would happen in a real life situation. Meaning, that I can easily see how a woman might be swept away on the dance floor and might even begin to ponder an invitation to a night of sex with a man of sexual prowess. But when the music stops, and she remembers that she is with her loving husband, reality takes hold and she decides to turn down the invitation (even though in her mind she would sincerely love to have that experience).

Good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Far more plausible than the original story. While everyone may change certain aspects of the story, you, as the writer, get to decide what is in your story. I liked that it dealt with the feelings from both sides of the relationship and the difference between temptation and actions. Easily 5*.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 2 years ago

That’s a very interesting spin on the basic plot. And it takes the issues of trust, and whether one thinks intent constitutes cheating. Good job!

That said, you left it wide open for endings.

Regguy69Regguy69about 2 years ago

While the classic GA tale forced us to deal with the reality of the wife submitting to the sexual allure of a handsome celebrity, this was more of an “almost.” Becky’s jealous response to seeing Dee draped all over her husband threw a bucket of cold water on her passionate “heat of the moment” encounter with the charming Adonis. So she was saved from falling pray to her base desires. I give her credit for being honest enough to admit she didn’t know what might have happened if Bryan had not been there. I also wonder what she might have allowed, if Bryan had not taken Dee to the dance floor. With no jealous response to save her, would she have followed the original script and escaped out the back door, leaving a humiliated Brian sitting at the table?

Bryan has every reason to be concerned, I submit that precious few HAPPILY married women would be tempted to abandon their spouse for a night with a celebrity. Yes, they may fantasize about such an adventure, but actually do it? No.

Well written and very real take on the GA original.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

As written they were enamored with other. She was so involved with her husband she had no idea marcus arrived. As some else pointed out she had no idea who he was. Yet in the course of a single dance she decides she would possibly have sex that night with marcus. Later she says she doesnt know if she would have but admits over and over she wanted to and even naked with her husband says she wants to. That all happens too fast. In the original linda knew of the athlete. Here she did not. But when she admits her desire she states part of the reason was to brag that she fucked markus. So now she knows of his fame.

As she said she could have passed him her number. She can still get in touch. One pic posted to his social media and marcus has her.

These two are done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well done. But Hubby should have asked her if she now will call or contact Marcus.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Unfinished

But good start

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Honestly, I was surprised Bryan reacted as he did. So far I was led to believe that Becky was extremely hot and often the eye of affection to many admirers. I was certain he was used to her being hit on and the way they were in love and behaved I felt he was used to her getting this attention. What about that look made him feel that she would leave with the guy? So what if she was aroused? Why would he feel she would not return to the table, brag to the other girls how SHE got the dance and not them. Bryan could give her a hard time and say "she owes him one" and he can dance with someone else OR he could laugh it off OR he could argue later.

But I saw no indication here that she intended to leave with the guy. So the dance with Dee was great and Marcus leaves Becky on the floor. Had that happened and he just let it go no issue. But somehow she feels compelled to tell her husband she was tempted to leave with Marcus, she wanted to have sex then and still now, and she tosses him some reasons to now no longer trust her.

Well written story and I generally like your work. This one I think could have gone differently for the betterment of the story.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 2 years ago

This is one of the few "sucks" variants that actually used realistic characters (including the original, which zapped a perfect Mary Sue wife with a Martian Slut Ray), with realistic motivations. I do think that some (alpha/high value/smoking hot) men or women can "get" almost anyone they want in bed with them, but pulling it off in front of their spouse at first meeting is a pinning a lot on sexual attractiveness overcoming sanity.

.

For someone to so captivate you that you will willingly humiliate and destroy your partner for one night with them, you would have to be either insane or a sociopath who doesn't care about anyone's feelings. That is an order of magnitude of betrayal many times that of the usual discrete affair. If Margot Robbie offered herself to me when I was alone in a hotel away from home, it would get a lot more consideration than if she did it in front of my wife and our peers. Of course, if Chris Hemsworth made my wife the same offer, she would probably run over me with a car to get him to bed, so my theory could be pure bullshit.

ibuguseribuguserabout 2 years ago

My very first 5* February story.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

2 stars. Not that it was bad, but I found myself in skim mode for a 2 page story. That speaks for itself.

Having read so many variants, it is hard to appreciate the next in a very long line of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

FINALLY! A version I can call real. A chapter 10 years down the road to see whether or not she caves in or resists might be interesting now that we know her weakness. To see if Bryan's reasearch helps or not.

SirCarlSirCarlabout 2 years ago

I liked the story a great deal! Extremely well thought out and insightful Well written and presented. Keep up the good work..

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Now THAT was well done!!! She didn't do the "Crazy Linda" bit and he took proper counter measures. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He should move on and find another woman. She has demonstrated that she will cheat if circumstances permit. She will run into another “hunk” and open her legs. This will likely happen after children, giving her stronger cards to deal. Get a strong post nuptial or bail.

mattenwmattenwabout 2 years ago

The story is well written. However, I can't understand the thinking behind it. He doesn't trust her anymore. Who wants to live in a marriage where one partner no longer trusts the other? Just an idiot.

What I also can't understand is this stupid babble of alpha males! Are you all such cowards that you get so impressed with titles and money? I call that pathetic. And always remember, black men have dicks just as big or small as anyone else.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed your take on this story. Very different look at the situation which unfolded. The thoughtless actions of one can have lasting impacts on others. Very good job in the writing and thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It could have been Wayne Rooney on a grab a granny night.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Her saying that yes she would of fucked him wild in bed naked with her husband is disrespectful, I wouldn’t of had sex with her, people forget that a man’s imagination is stupid strong that something so simple as her saying she would have sex with another man would triggered a small but big picture in his head of her doing it, which will then lead you to think has she done it before or how long till she actually does do it. Good job on not making him look like a wimp women want men that other women want

FaceForRadioFaceForRadioabout 2 years ago

A “5” for being the most thought provoking of all the FS versions. She didn’t actually complete the deed, but she admits she wanted to and while an honest answer, it’s got to punch her husband in the gut. If I were to put myself in Bryan’s shoes, it would be a lot easier to decide what to do if she had actually cheated. If you overreact and refuse to forgive you come across as strong but you might loose her. Underreact and she thinks she is in the clear (and just might take things a step further next time). Glad I’m not him!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If you read from the beginning, all her friends want to fuck Bryan, so obviously he’s attractive to women and supposedly also has a big dick.

The wife has proved and confirmed she cannot be trusted but although she’s attractive the footballer said she didn’t compare to his girlfriends.

Also she don’t reveal the footballer dropped her and walked off - she may feel empowered and superior but when she saw Bryan with Dee she got jealous because she knew Dee wanted to fuck Bryan.

Any doubts or future misdeeds and Bryan can walk away and find someone else. Trouble in these stories is they always assume wives are desired by other men and husbands are just useful providers lucky to have them - husbands can be as desirable & appealing to other women too. Bryan will be fine with or without her, but he’s in the shot if they have kids.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why are commenters saying that Becky didn't know who Marcus was? It's quite clear in the story that she did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

“Cheating WHORE wife Apologist” CUCK SHIT from CUCKYtheCamel!

demanderdemanderabout 2 years ago

You gonna let us in on the research later? 5/5 D

amygdalaamygdalaabout 2 years ago

👏👏👏👏 bravo well done, what a tale, so insightful and cudos for the couple especially the husband to tackle this issue head-on. Because if it nearly happens once it can happen again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Of all the takes on this story, this is by far the best, IMO. While I don't at all accept the assumption that evolution is strong enough to override a normal woman's mental capacity to make decisions counter to her base desires (i.e. the Superego is more powerful than the Id), I do think this is as honest a take as can be had and still have a story. A story where the wife is interested but completely unwilling to break her vows makes for a pretty boring loving wives story. But the story where the wife suddenly becomes a slut because 'alphamale' is so full of shit that they're hard to take seriously, and it becomes a trope to get the wife and husband into a position of conflict. Which is still better than those stories where somehow the husband accepts it as inevitable or even appropriate, because those 'husbands' aren't human; they're pets.

GarySmith69GarySmith69about 2 years ago

The question is can a wife be trusted to not cross any boundaries or break any vows when confronted by a celebrity like this even for one night or one dance. If the husband even thinks the wife can't be trusted or the wife can't trust herself then the couple have problems. I hope this couple live happily ever after but who knows?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I didn't want to read this because I'm tired of February Sucks. You did the story in the best way. GA's story was terrible and there's no coming back from that disrespect. In your story, she was tempted but snapped out of it. Short and sweet. 5 stars from me. I hope this is the last version of this story I read.

reasonable man

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 2 years ago

A deftly reinterpreted version of GA’s original. The introduction of disrespect and doubt permanently by Becky etal redefined their heretofore fairytale marriage and exposed the true nature of their friend group. The absence of overt infidelity by Becky dictated an (albeit difficult) resolution rather than a cataclysmic dissolution of the family.

.

An apt example of how real life moves us from blind idealism to bitter cynicism, and then necessarily back to acceptant realism.

.

I have not tired of the many and varied interpretations of GA’s original premise.

.

Well done. Thanks much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I despise the pseudoscience of a story like this; it pays lip service to science and then disregards the very thing that makes human, human - volition. Trivializing choice and will and minimizing vows is sickening.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Pleasant surprise after so many (all of them??) PoS's.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

WTF- how many times does one have to repeat this February story with slight variations. Now watch the idiots rave over a mediocre story. Nothing one writes about this garbage story from GA will make it better. Low score. Wish there was negative score to give February. Give this shit a fucking rest. Please. What is it about this shit story that attracts so many of you? Read one, read them all, just slight variations and endings. Why change one of the worst stories ever written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just another cuck looking for an excuse to keep a slut.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFreddieTheCamel@FreddieTheCamel
I write both professionally and for fun. The stories and essays I post on this site are for fun. I've also taken the first steps to self-publishing under the name Freddie T Camel, although more as an experiment than an ambition. I want to write stories that have emotional res...