All Comments on 'February Sucks in Counseling'

by VickiT375

Sort by:
  • 234 Comments (Page 2)
Forto02Forto02over 2 years ago

Nice take.

I never thought I'd give 5 stars to another "February Sucks" story, but there you are

5 stars for this one. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great writing! Linda didn't get the message that she was/ is a whore. As far as Ellen, she was PAID to do what she did, gave up that life and wants Jim, because she sees someone special. Linda is still a whore because she doesn't think she did anything wrong. She and Marc both deserved a terrible, life changing, beating...

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

Very good. Thanks

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatover 2 years ago

Very believable ending that captures the essence of Linda. 5/5

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 2 years ago

It started out good but rushed to an ending. Very little from Linda at the end. It would have been better to show how things ended up. Closure

You just showed that Linda was still living in a fantasy world, and not any closer to dealing with the reality of it all.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Good version. I really liked the different approach. I think you might have gotten into Linda’s head better than any other writer. Except of course George Anderson and he hasn’t told, at least so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That's a real world story. Outstanding! 5 stars. I wish I could rate it even higher.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

26thNCuck did not like it so it must be good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Finally. A "counsellor" that I can relate to!

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

This is first first time Iwriting a story? VICKIT 375.... Amazing. Please write more even if they are alternative ending.......You hit it out of the park. No way 90% or more of men, married to cheaters "forgive and forget completely, find an ending that is satisfying, or give us closure". Cheating, even when it's not with a celebrity is EGO driven. Oh He/She desires me way more than my spouse. They treat me with so much flattery and attention it is worth the risk or the wrong spouse "loves” me so much they will get past it. Only negative was the escort thing. I understand because it lessened the guilt of the so call friends. Great, concise alternative to any of the tripe put out there by cheaters who get caught or sort of attacked with divorce. I wish divorce proceeding could be studied or researched. i would love to see if and if so, what motivates judges to act like in these stories.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 2 years ago

I really liked this, despite some obvious flaws. I think you really nailed Linda for what she was.

Now you need to write your own story.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very nice, thoughtful. Thank you so much for adding this. I confess I would love to read your takes on some other of these stories here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

great job.

MordechaiJonesMordechaiJonesover 2 years ago

Of all the sequels, this is the first one that I feel comes at it trying to understand the hurt rather than being a BTB or RAAC fantasy. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

In this side of the story it seems Linda has finally realized she caused the whole mess, Thanks fod a different take on the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Out of the f*cking PARK! And on your first swing, too! How many stars? Look up

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You nailed this, with the final nail for the divorce. Marc will not want her now that she'll be shed of Jim. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A nigh perfect first effort. I look forward to more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Outstanding

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 2 years ago

That was a very good continuation. I liked how you referred to several other of the continuations. 5* story.

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Just beating a dead horse. A little better than most but still, a dead horse. No explanation of why Linda even wanted to stay married to Jim.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An amazing job at finding a new angle on a story idea that has been redone many times. Besides being a creative take, I felt you did a good job w/ the psych part of it, where authors so often seem to miss the boat, with characters making inconsistent choice or just being plain irrational. You offered an explanation that fit the circumstances.

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuyover 2 years ago

Nicely done! I enjoyed the different perspective on February Sucks and the subtle BTB of Jim connecting with Ellen.

This appears to be a first story. I look forward to future submission from you.

Tophat232Tophat232over 2 years ago

Continue writing. You express thoughts well and have a flow that is easy to read. Well done!

OldBrummieOldBrummieover 2 years ago

The best ending to this story I have read so far. And this is your first story! I look forward to many more 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your story was well written but don’t let the accolades go to your head. Most of the commenters fawning over your story are the same ones that berated GA for writing a reconciliation story. They’re the usual BTB crowd. Write your own story with a reconciliation in it and all of a sudden you will be a terrible writer! These bozos wouldn’t know good writing from bad if it bit them on the ass!

mainer42mainer42over 2 years ago

liked this style of sequel to this great story. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was surprised by this - a decent _story_!

xMulexMuleover 2 years ago

I initially skipped by YAFSE (Yet Another February Sucks Ending) but I’m glad I changed my mind. 4*

Don’t let the negativity get to you. You’re obviously a thoughtful and talented writer.

Write on!

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 2 years ago

As bored to tears as I am at these, you nailed this one. Well done.

BabalooieBabalooieover 2 years ago

Now, write part 2, with Jim and Ellen. Develop rheir relationship and Linda's reaction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it, Vicki. Respectfully, you need an editor/proofreader; sentence structure was odd in several places, commas needed, some words missing, but it was still a great, realistic, resolution. Thanks for posting.

Omegaman56Omegaman56over 2 years ago

You are correct about one thing. There was no way they could balance the scales. 5 srars

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

Nice take on this overblown series 👍

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

This is one of the best and probably closest to the actual outcome of a wife cheating with a celebrity. It is rare for LW in that it shows a competent therapist who is not trying to screw one of his clients. You did a great job with this, and I like it as much as the one where Jim give Marc a triple tap. A *5 from me.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

I liked this one more than I expected. You put a unique perspective on the tale that hasn't been explored yet. There were a few gaps in the plot lines that you through out there that could have been mined better, especially Ellen. Good job overall - 4*

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

I have great hopes for you going forward. This was very well done, and I hate to admit it but I saw it was your first and I fully expected the usual Cuck story and or the over the top idiocy so many of these became.

You win. Now I can safely say I never need to read another one of these as its doubtful it will surpass this.

PeelercrabPeelercrabover 2 years ago

Like he said. She buried their marriage with her thoughtless behavior. She was sorry, NOT!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really good take on the whole thing, looking forward to seeing what you can do with your own ideas.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 2 years ago

Anonymous about 5 hours ago

I think that you took Linda in a different direction than GA's character - she was at the core a better person than you portrayed, which is one of the reasons why the original story was so outstanding. That said, this was creative and very well written. Thanks for the story, and I'm looking forward to more of your works!

The way I see it, you got the wrong impression of GA's, story on page seven Jim is reminiscing how Linda had turned down Marc's advances, even blocking his number. L.W. gave Jim three options he could take, Jim chose number three, to work on building a new marriage.

GA wrote, 'I told Linda what the old guy said. She agreed with most of it, though she didn't like either of the divorce options. She hadn't wanted to believe that a years-long marriage could be ruined by something that didn't even last 24 hours, but she was coming to understand that's exactly what had happened. She had a lengthy comment that she had chosen Jim when she married him and that that should be obvious, she still went with Marc.

While trying to put everything back together she decides to wear the famous blue dress to go out for her birthday causing Jim to get depressed, so she changed. One would have thought that if they were trying to put all back together she would have gotten rid of anything that would bring back bad memories. That was where Ellen came into play, at least she asked Linda for permission not the other way around. Also, they were going to walk out the FRONT DOOR together, not slip out the back.

On page eight at the picnic Linda said, "You know, I'm not completely surprised," she said. "There were a couple of things that didn't quite add up. Usually, a woman that beautiful has years of experience fending off unwanted advances. She shouldn't have needed Jim's help, so she must have had some other reason for approaching us. But then why would she send him back to me, when she could easily have kept him all night?"

"Now it all adds up. You had to do something to get us off dead center, and help each of us understand the others' feelings. That, or you wanted to claim the credit for us staying together. Which is it?"

He finished the story with, 'The truth of the matter is, if it hadn't been for Emma and Tommy, Linda and I would have already been divorced. My determination to do right by them forced me to have mercy on Linda, even when the pain was so bad I could barely stand to look at her. Am I better off for it? I'll never know. Life doesn't give you do-overs to see if the other choice would have worked better. I will say that the new marriage Linda and I have built is the envy of our friends, and we have worked hard enough for it that we're not going to let anyone or anything threaten it. We're grateful for today, and don't take tomorrow for granted. I think we're going to make it, and that makes me happy.'

Even though she said she felt bad and was glad L.W. had done what he did, she never lost the feelings of her night with Marc. who says a few years later she didn't sti;; pine for him and Jim just got tired, even if it would upset Emma and Tommy.

robinhodrobinhodover 2 years ago

One of the more realistic continuations of the story.

Problem was, it's not entertaining. Pretty dull really.

Like most reality!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not good at all

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 2 years ago

Very good story, hope to read more from you soon.

Rainman80Rainman80over 2 years ago

I liked your take on the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another stupid story with no twinge of erotica. Go write a blog post AH

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 2 years ago

What Hooked1957 said.

CunnyLinguistTooCunnyLinguistTooover 2 years ago

I'd love for her to come to the realization of what a truely horrible person she is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done, congratulations. All is well that ends well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Now THAT was a good ending. Five Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Finally a "therapist" that talks like an actual therapist, not a disgusting mouthpiece for RAAC writers.

GrimmerGrimmerover 2 years ago

A seriously different aspect and well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent conclusion to the original story. Fully deserves 5 stars - only the third I’ve awarded of the many hundreds I’ve read on this site. “The elevation difference of each side“ is an insightful, and inciting, observation. On a par with original story’s “second best smile”.

The original story and this conclusion both show the authors’ lived experience, carefully observed, wisely considered, and artfully transcribed on the page.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked this version of the ending. I personally feel the doctor didn't go deep enough into Linda's psyche, to explain why she did it. I mean she and the doc started to get into why, but then it just stopped. This is also the second version of the ending where Marc chases after wanting more. I guess Marc didn't feel he humiliated Jim enough. I did like how it flowed, and seemed more natural with the participants involved.

No matter, the best ending so far is the Father In Law version, where the father in-law crashed his plow truck into Marc's Lambo that was parked in Jim and Linda's driveway. Then Linda hits a cop in the nose, causing a nose bleed (she was trying to hit Marc), followed by getting tasered for assaulting the cop and being hauled off to jail, needing Jim or someone to bail her out of jail, with the entire neighborhood watching the action as it happened.

That story was light, fast moving, and funny. This one seemed more "Clinical" than anything, and still didn't answer the main question WHY??

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Reality is the best. Liked it a lot.

KoxokKoxokover 2 years ago

Honestly I was afraid to read another take of this story. I am glad I read yours. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is the most realistic outcome of this story that I have read. 5 stars

tangledweedtangledweedover 2 years ago

As sick of these stories as I am, this one gives the best explanation for Linda's behavior, after the Martian Slut Ray theory. Linda's abrupt change in behavior is what drives the fascination with this story, after all. When an allegedly perfectly, loving wife does an abrupt character shift to callous slut in a heartbeat, it frightens us, because it means that no marriage is safe. This story cuts through those assumptions and gives a credible theory that Linda was never all she was cracked up to be to begin with. It also gives Jim a happy ending and payback with Linda, something that most readers will appreciate.

Good job on your first (?) story, and making me forget for a moment that I despise therapists.

BSreaderBSreaderover 2 years ago
A

Fitting end exact for the football idiot that destroyed a family

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 2 years ago

That was well done. I really enjoyed the 3rd party setting. Keep writing....you've got a wonderful voice.

Bebop3Bebop3over 2 years ago

That was an auspicious debut. I look forward to your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I found it very interesting and nice that this story was written from a different point of view than before. Interesting concept. Thanks for sharing.

njlaurennjlaurenover 2 years ago

I have to admit this was good and realistic. Linda basically had a high idea of herself and saw Jim as being lucky he caught such a beauty as her. She rubbed Jim's nose in it to let him know she was the catch, not him. She basically told Jim after Marc she would be settling. Linda couldn't explain her behavior because she didn't feel she had to.

Though others might disagree, would ask author to write about when Linda wakes up ( if she ever does). I doubt in this scenario they could reconcile but Linda could do the right thing and repent.

MrSpoojerMrSpoojerover 2 years ago

I like angle for this story and your prospective on this marital train wreck. I'll follow you for future stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Outstanding. I loved this take on the story and the category as a whole. Bravo look forward to seeing more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I have a hard time understanding why people are rating this so high. If I am to understand, the man stayed with this incredibly delusional woman for a year or more after she betrayed him in the most humiliating way. Then began a relationship with a prostitute. This is what people think is a great ending?!!! The writer is good and the words are formed nicely on the page. The story just doesn't work for me.

Richie4110Richie4110over 2 years ago

Well done and thank you for the incite offered by the councilor, an objective party. This outcome is the most likely of all. And, I am one of the readers who has read them all and have appreciated most of the outcomes offered.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Yeah, it was quite good from the therapist side of things. A few home truths slotted home into Linda, who in this version is still delusional about her affair.

Well worth 5/5. A useful but different take on February Sucks.

karasu_tengukarasu_tenguover 2 years ago

Really, it was good and true....)

BoringDudeBoringDudeover 2 years ago

Finally, an alternate to this story that’s worth reading. Short, simple, and to the point, no elaborate burn the bitch and bastard, no simpering reconciliation, just real people getting over real shitty situations.

OnethirdOnethirdover 2 years ago

I swore I’d not read another take on this story. What the woman did was beyond the pale, as was her inability to not see that. There seems to be a fungo bat gauntlet of authors set up to show her the error of her ways. This story was nice in that it wasn’t over the top or histrionic. It just basically told it how it was without needing to BTB more than necessary. A good job.

Carioca_ManCarioca_Manover 2 years ago

Well... what could I say???

Well done!!!

Of several proposals for GA's work, and I cannot help but express my displeasure at the end of the original, this is one of the best. It wasn't a BTB, it was more of a let me out of this selfish, smug bitch.

No deaths... No balls pulled out (what a pity)... But with a strong psychological content.

Keep coming. Your first job says a lot about you. Waiting for the next ones.

I gave 4 stars and favorited your story.

But that's just my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not being violent and understanding that he was completely in shock and caught off guard but my life’s work moving forward would be to inflict sever pain on him at any cost . A lot of stories say for a man to let go of his ego to forgive but a man’s ego and self respect is what is part of his dna. What would his kids think about him when they get older and hear the story if he laid down and accepted her open public abuse ? How e we oils they feel if they knew there dad found the guy a broke his leg with a bat ? Would their future mature daughter think it’s ok to do that , go fuck another guy while out with hubby ?

CBX1980CBX1980over 2 years ago

Well written for a change no unrealistic actions.

Gram1Gram1over 2 years ago

Truly enjoyed this. In fact, although I've skipped most of the sequels, of the couple that I managed to make it through, this story is the only story with which I could engage. Thanks and I hope this author will contribute more.

fritz51fritz51over 2 years ago

Very Good! *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very Good! *****

rdcyclistrdcyclistover 2 years ago

Well done VickiT! Probably the best sequel to the overworked original. Thank you for your efforts. Please write some more.

DazzyDDazzyDover 2 years ago

This is in the top 10% for GAs saga

,

chytownchytownover 2 years ago

****One of the better ones I Have Read. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This makes sense to me!

Jim IS a prize. Even his wife describes him as rugged, good looking, good in the sack, a great father, a wonderful husband. He has a steady job. He puts his kids and wife first. He IS a prize. A paid escort, that is smart, will understand that her looks will eventually fade, and her child bearing years will be gone in a decade. She saw the true value of Jim, not as a downgrade, but an equal. Her body count is pretty high as an escort, so that is actually a point against her. Studies prove that pair bonding is harder with anyone with the rise of mating partners.

That hook up makes sense, and is wholesome. Linda and Marc though? Let's see: She's a MILF and he's a celebrity. He makes good money, is good looking, good in the sack. She's a housewife and has a husband and a few kids. Her looks, while amazing right now, are about to nose dive in a few years. Very few people WANT to have a relationship with her, she HAS kids and is getting older. Her marketable skills were never brought up. Men and women usually don't care what a female partner makes, but even so it couldn't be that good if it wasn't mentioned. So she's not rich, good looking/but about to fade, decent in bed/but not trained in it, not a good candidate for breeding/already has a brood.

Her ego is based off very little. While Mark and her bumped uglies, it's not because she was 'the best'. She was what his fetish craved....for the night. And there's the rub. Jim's budding relationship was for keeps. His 'escort' friend wants him for the possible long haul. Marc didn't choose Linda for the long haul, just a night or two. This story was amazing, but Linda has a lot more ego therapy than just "WHY" she destroyed her marriage. She's going to have to examine at some point just how superior Jim was between the two of them.

And that's just biology, which doesn't care about fairness. Women are the crown jewel and men are dog shit in their younger years. But that narrative flips when they approach their 30s. Women become disposable and men become the hot commodity. The irony is Jim would have ALWAYS seen Linda as his superior. His queen. Even with crows feet, even with a pudge, even when her womb dried up. All Linda had to do was love her man. And once she betrayed him for an ego boost, biology came into the room and slapped Jim around until the rose tinted glasses came off. He was actually the king, and she was for the streets.

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Excellent ending!!! I'm glad Jim won with Ellen...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't understand how any husband could have taken her back unless it was about the money.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Jim should have physically ruined Marc, first, and then that cheating slut. wouldn't have even let her come home, just take her back to asshole's place to continue to be his slut until he threw her out. Then, if she came home, I'd physically ruin her, or make her so confused, she'd commit suicide...

ErotFanErotFanabout 2 years ago

I think you nailed it! Five starts. You've teased me into reading your other submission.

theVikingSailortheVikingSailorabout 2 years ago

Well done except for one thing: Ellen. I don't believe her. She doesn't fit and never did. Nevertheless, she was baggage that came before your sequel so it will have to be accepted and treated as all good. As ratings go, I do not think I could have given you a five had it not been for your last two paragraphs. And I am not telling you that I did. But those paragraphs made your story possibly the best. So you figure it out. Did he or didn't he? Four or Five? Or perhaps he tried to give it a six. I have one request of you: can you find Marc's contact information? I want to go beat the hell out of him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Jim made mistakes before she even returned home. When asshole brought her home , Jim should have nearly killed him and not let that slut back in the house. They both deserved anything, not only bad, but horrific...

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

5 stars -

I agree that there was no way this couple could stay married. They should have started the divorce paperwork on the Monday - not trying for over a year to get back together - that was a stupid waste of time. This woman was delusional and needed years of therapy. I feel bad for the children - they are always hurt the most in these kinds of divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Please don't stop writing. I've read both your stories and I have to say you have a way with words. Absolutely fantastic

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nah - you missed the point and put your take to the situation. Did you ever think that, rather then having some deep-seated psychological problem she simply had a case of the hornies? As she was turned on by the situation, by the probability that he had a large cock and knew how to use it and that she honestly felt her husband would forgive her a one time indiscretion? Just saying that yours isn't the only possibility. That's why SO many authors took up the challenge laid down to add their endings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very well done. An interesting analysis of delusional narcissistic women.

There was never a way back for Jim and, finally, he realized he needed neither that or her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Trying to figure out why you and so many others want to make Jim so weak and hopeless and Linda so completely self-absorbed as to be beyond belief. Maybe you dislike men devoted to their wives? Faithful men who expect fidelity in return? This version of Linda and Jim is pathetic and I agree with the review that suggested this counselor isn't any good. Would completely agree! Maybe a rewrite where Linda does everyone a favor and falls out of a 10th floor office window.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Linda is a narcissist. She entirely deserved what she got here and more.

BodyThiefByTheBayBodyThiefByTheBayalmost 2 years ago

Excellent rendition of February Sucks. Validation has never been addressed in other February stories. Appropriate ending

Grammar Very good

Dialogue Excellent

Story flow is very good

the premise of the story is very, very good

Overall 4.8 (No longer give 5. always room for improvement) Of late 4.8 has been the highest score given with the lowest 3.3 (which should have been 2.9)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One of my favorite versions. The female Narcissus could not even grasp the dimensions of fidelity. It would take more than counseling for such a woman. Serious head shrinking needed. But I would realistically have to ask whether a wife and mother of some years could just throw over her entire family life for a shag in such a public way. Just doesnt seem real short of a psychotic break

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is the most realistic ending of them all. My favorite is the one where Marc got his head caved in with an axe, but this one is great.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ah, therapy! The religion of the post modern era. Where people go to “find themselves”, when a five year old could tell them that they are a bad person who needs to be truly sorry!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Linda didn't believe she did anything wrong. She's a whore that didn't get money. Ellen did, but found Jim and that's when Jim realized Linda was an unrepentant slut. Ellen may have Jim reverse the vasectomy and she will show him the mommy she can be. Linda should rot in hell...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If this were real, Marc should pay with a horrific beating, broken bones and all. Jim should have pushed that slut when she tried to enter the house, hard enough, she hit her head and had a concussion or worse. She should not have been allowed to come back...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous