All Comments on 'February Sucks Less in Texas'

by Texican1830

Sort by:
  • 139 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Made me smile, thanks. KS

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Refreshing and Hilarious!! 5*s.

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

Sorry, I liked even less the second time around.

AlanDavidAlanDavidover 1 year ago

Them boys in Texas sure know how to treat a predator. I’ve read many February stories, but this one’s different, it’s got real men in it. It’s got women who are true, have honor, & committed to their men. Excellent story. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 5 stars from me.

Alan D.

Pinto931Pinto931over 1 year ago

Was the last senrace a quote from somthing else otherwise it didn5 really make much sense?

Texican1830Texican1830over 1 year agoAuthor

In the movie Pure Country, George Strait’s character says that to Buddy, who has been impersonating him. George’s friends used to use that line on him a lot, and vice-versa

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

Let's see. Where do I want to move - NYC or Texas? Hmm!

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336about 1 year ago

There, that is a great story and besides that it could be true. I enjoy reading a story where the men act like a man should act. These days most men in the United States would wring their hands and whine like they are from England or someplace if their wife danced with the asshole before leaving the husband a cuckold. These men took care of the situation like a man should. Back when I was in my 30's a man beat the hell out of an asshole who hit on his wife. And if by some chance the husband got the shit beat out of him at least he could say he fought for his wife, and if she left with the asshole then the divorce was on her. And she would have to face her family and neighbors with shame after she cheated on her husband. Try explaining that to her children when they hear what a slut their mom is.

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336about 1 year ago

There, I gave this story 5 stars, I like reading a story where a man acts like a man should. These days most American men would whine and wring their hands if their wife danced with that asshole before leaving the husband "just for one night" to be a slut for a minor celebrity. Back when I was in my 30's you beat the hell out of a guy trying to hit on your wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The men act like men should and the women act like women should

mfbridgesmfbridgesabout 1 year ago

Really don't like it, just a celebration for being Texan I guess. I'm from Alaska, the actual biggest state so I know the difference.

Lowrider2020Lowrider2020about 1 year ago

That line was from the movie " Pure Country"

DaddyWarBucksDaddyWarBucksabout 1 year ago

Sounds like a couple of bars in Oakdale

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

mfbridges.....you from Alaska? Did you build the damn state? Did you buy it from russia? Then, shut tha fuck up and read some more free stories. Man must have a small penis.......you sure you don't play football and sit on the sideline with a sore pinky?

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker12 months ago

Sorry, guys, but I'm from Jersey (the state, not the island.) I've lived in Texas for 32 years. But it still amazes me that people pick on Texans. This is the way the asshole should have been treated. The Bear heartily approves. But yo only get four stars. Not enough violence to the pig. Now if this was New Jersey.......

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Oh yeah, I like your story much better. Believe me, I have seen some men much more dangerous to tangle with than pro football players. Some men deal with death and not a game. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This 71 yer old Marine laughed my A$$ off .I am only 5-10 but that as wipe would have had his knees destroyed,not just his pinkie and toe.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Too funny and very accurate.

enderlocke77enderlocke779 months ago

Lol thats Texas for ya. This one really brings out why this would never happen. A football player would never put themselves in a position to ruin their career. Idk about all teams but there are rules preventing this exact scenario

za_robionyza_robiony8 months ago

Hor-hay Texas !

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

You totally missed the whole idea of the February sucks thought experiment, the idea wasn't to write your characters out of the awful circumstances the original purposed, but rather to write different ways for them to deal with the feelings that the circumstances caused as well as the other characters involved. You didn't have to think about the emotional turmoil or the effects on all the relationships and lives of the characters, you just sidestepped the difficulty and challenge all together. It's like writing about dealing with life after a nuclear holocaust by simply saying the bombs never dropped, you effectively took the modern woke ideology route of the snowflake generation by ignoring the issues and avoiding the hard work. Your writing is great but you totally missed the entire premise of the FS project.

Texican1830Texican18308 months agoAuthor

Anon - You totally missed the introduction. Try again: There is zero resemblance between the fictitious characters herein and those George Anderson so carefully crafted in his much-imitated classic, and only one has the same name. Assume this happened after ol' Marc got traded, maybe, and understand that the Texans herein may lack some of the qualities of introspection and thoughtful consideration the original characters possessed. It's a lark, folks, so relax and take it in that vein.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Many a Big Texan have tried to be like your story and have 9 times out of 10 been punked because they are too arrogant to see they don't live in the real world, but they are feeling no pain because they are too inebriated with their texas lore to know they were outclassed in every way.

Calico75Calico758 months ago

I love this take on February Sucks! Very funny and well written.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Hahaha sometimes things work differently in some places 5*

VicGoodhouseVicGoodhouse7 months ago

Too Good. Texans RockπŸ‘πŸ‘

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker7 months ago

Guess all these folks have phd's in psyc... They seem to have All the answers., NOT., F-UM.. ITS AN AMATUER SITE FOLKS. U DONT LIKE THE STORY TOUGH SHIT. SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE OF READING ANYMORE STORYS HERE.. OK... THAT WAY YOU CAN KEEP UR B. P. DWN A NOTCH.. HATE 4 YEA TA STROKE OUT OVR THE ** FREE** STORYS FOUND HERE... THAT WERE DARN LUCKY TA HAVE IN THE FIRST PLACE.. SO.. THK U TX FOR YOUR STORYS AND TIME.. DONT KNOW R CARE BOUT IDIOT COMMENTS MY SELF.. MOST R ANA. ANYWAY.. PLZ KEEP UM COMIN IN YEA WOULD.. ALOT OF THE OTHER * OLDTIMERS* ARENT HERE ANYMORE.. RETIRED I GUESS R GOT TIRED OF A-HOLES COMMENTS.. ANYWAY IM OFF MY SOAP BX TAKEN MY MEDS.. GOING BK TO READIN. THKS.. NOW.. YALL HAVE A DANDY DAY... STAY SAFE.. βœοΈπŸ›πŸ™πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€·πŸ€·πŸ‘βœŒοΈβœŒοΈπŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ™‹πŸ»πŸ•

Buster2UBuster2U6 months ago

10 stars for a fantastic version done Texas Style! LOL Whoa. I loved this tale. Thanks Buster2U

Norseman123Norseman1236 months ago

Don't fuck with a Texan 5*****

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

"....you ain't from 'round here,are ya?"

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I'm not a Texan, hell, I'm not even American but I loved this and if this is what Texans are like then they definitely are my kind of people. Full marks to the author and to the characters, especially the ladies who understood the value of loyalty and what's important in life rather than aspiring to get a famous man's cock inside them. George Anderson, read and learn!

/

What is that poster below the author's comment on? His comment read like he'd fallen out of the pretentious twat tree and hit every branch on the way down! He clearly didn't get what the author was trying to do here but I certainly did.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I have never known anything from Texas that was worth a shit. I say let them secede and we can build a wall around them.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Five stars. That was fun.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver3 months ago

Love the George Strait quote from Pure Country at the end!!

Just_WordsJust_Words2 months ago

I enjoyed that too much! Thanks for sharing.

chytownchytownabout 1 month ago

*****It happens like that sometimes. Good read. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

I guess you had to be there...

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Top Five I am sure about it! ***** and that out of over 50+ versions Great Job TEX

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTexican1830@Texican1830
Yes, I'm old enough to have enjoyed the '60s...and 70s, and everything from then until now. My experiences and points of view are likely quite different, so be open minded when you read my stuff, as I do with yours. Current works: Chapters 1 & 2 of Comeuppance are awaiting a...