February Sucks - Linda's Choice Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jim was still making under $100,000 even though he had been hired at a better engineering firm. I knew that it grated on his nerves as all our friends knew by then. But I would remind him that I only had a ten-year contract renewable annually at Bella's whim. The money we were investing and saving would have us set for years after Bella was done playing with me.

"So why does she have me escort her publically when she is around, then have us do appearances together other times?" Jim asked.

"Again, the European image. You and I are the loving couple until she is around, and you are presented as a probable lover."

"Doesn't that bother you? Jim asked.

"It's part of the job, Jim. We've talked about it before."

"Linda, I never forget what you told me about not ruining this good deal we have. I am gracious and polite. I flirt back with her to a point, but sometimes I feel like she is sizing me up. And others, she acts like it was a joke. But get this. The three times Mark was around, she had acted as if she and I are lovers. She is trying to make the guy jealous. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that."

"Has her husband given you any trouble over the situation?"

"A few dirty looks when Bella is not looking, but he plays along when his wife can see him. He is a snake, Linda. I think she has something on him. The rumors about him chasing married women persist. Do you think she is using me to get even with him?"

"Probably," I replied, weighing every word. "Just keep your wits about you. And remember what I said to you. We are a team. Bella hired us both. I do the work and modeling, and you do the escorting."

Jim understood the game played by the B-fit marketing people, but I think he doubted my acceptance of it. As I said before, husbands are not stupid as some wives think. Jim knew me enough to see past the "it's just business" outwardness.

"Are you OK with all this, Linda?" Jim asked, but I didn't reply. "I mean, if I were in your shoes, I would be livid."

I gathered my thoughts before I explained. Expecting this conversation, I had no choice but to hit under the belt to keep him from backing out. And in doing so, I tossed myself under the bus to an extent.

"Jim," I said, sitting next to him. "We women are a bit different than you physically, but not that much mentally. If, as you say, your boss asked you to give me over for escort duties, you would wonder if that was it. If maybe he was not demanding more of me."

He nodded uncomfortably.

"Well, I am in that boat when it comes to our situation with Bella. I wonder what she wants of you every time you are with her. And if not this time, the next. Her power over us is an aphrodisiac, my love."

"You have that power over all those people working for you too, Linda. Some of those trainers at the gym are intimidating. Do you ever..."

"No, Jim. I would never cheat with one of the men at work. And not just because it would kill our relationship. But because I am watched every single minute that I am at work. If I were found out to be cheating, poof goes my image as the perfect wife, mom, businesswoman, and model. It's in my contract. No indiscretions with anyone at work, or anywhere else for that matter allowed."

"Strange life we are living, Linda," he said.

But I could tell he was still trouble by it all. He had another question but was hesitating to ask. I knew what it was and that he would ask it one day. Jim was not stupid and would not act without talking to me first.

"Linda, I know this job of yours... you love it. And the money is good."

If he only knew how I wished I could turn the clock and go back to our days before. Before Snider ruined our life and before I chose to have an affair with Bella's husband, Mark. Yet that was mere wishful thinking on my part. In the real world, no one "goes back" to before. There are no life do-overs or reset buttons. Wrong decisions can not be undone. Consequences of those choices are only endured as the bill always comes due.

***

Indecent Dilemma

The years passed.

Our children were now older and a handful. But we were glad both were excellent students and not in trouble. Yet. With kids, trouble is a question of when, not if.

Dee had finally settled down with a guy from Britain named, wait for it: Trevor. Trevor... Royal. No shit, his name is Trevor Royal. And we have to endure Dee telling us she is a queen and must be worshipped. Trevor does not help much as he bows to her when we all get together.

My son still has the hots for her. I caught him staring at her tits. Well, he stares at all tits. But not mine. He got grounded by me for staring at Dee's boobs when he was six and has not done it since. I'm raising a man, but not a heathen.

My daughter Emma seems more mature for her young years. When you look at her continually observing, you can tell she is figuring things out.

In the fourth year of my contract, Bella promoted me to district manager of the four B-fit locations in our town. That on top of the modeling gigs I had to do. My staff grew to help me run everything, but I had regional VP for Midwest operations in my sights. A girl needs to have goals. And I was now bringing in close to 600 grand annually with perks and bonus packages.

You probably are wondering how same little old me made out in the glamorous and competitive modeling world. And how my girl next door looks did not hold me back? Well, according to Bella, and she proved to be right in her assessment, my not so perfect looks worked to B-fit's advantage. Their goal was to convince the everyday moms, businesswomen, and wives that they too could be like me. All they had to do was join B-fit.

"If I wanted Gisele Bündchen, I would hire her," Bella said at a meeting about my image and presentation. "Let Linda be who she is. Stylish and successful, but not overly stunning. I want her to be the woman that never gets the movie star but has aspirations. I want those type of women to see her and think they have a shot at that life and all that goes with it. Not a goddess, but a mortal."

Again, the reference about mortals. In that instant, I wondered which LaVallierehad borrowed it from whom.

Jim and two engineers from his company started their own firm the year before, so he too was as busy as I was. Still, we had learned from our past mistakes and made time for each other. These turned out to be our best years together.

Still, he was expected to escort the queen of B-fit, who seemed ageless at thirty-six. To be honest, I was not doing so bad myself. I was more fit than I had been at twenty-six when I had my last child. The B-ft lifestyle was indeed useful for women's health. So money was coming in, and we were expanding. And part of that success was mine.

After a year at the higher salary, Jim and I were used to it. Yes, we set much of it aside, but it was hard to say no to it. I knew that sooner or later, Bella would offer me a new contract. Had it been a typical job, I would have agreed to it. But working for the wife of my ex-lover was far from typical. Especially since she had proof that could destroy my marriage. What would have been a pleasant and aspired to promotion, to me, it was a fearful obligation. A trap of success and luxury with the threat of exposure. And my husband's seduction a constant guillotine's blade over my neck.

***

We were in San Francisco for meetings again. It seemed like that was a more common occurrence the more responsibilities I had. And that was when we were invited over to the LaVallier's for dinner.

You are probably wondering what Mark had been up to all this time. Well, he had been quite the busy man. His playing days were over four years after he left our fair city. His body just ran out of youth, frankly. He was still a fit and handsome man, but all those hits in the field had taken their toll. In his fifth year in Frisco, he became the offensive coordinator of his team. The job made him mature a bit. But apparently not enough.

An incident had happened the month before the season was over. No surprise, it had involved a married woman and her husband at a club. Only this husband had been a former Navy Seal and didn't take kindly to his wife running off with Mark the Cad. The man had chased Mark's Lambo with a motorcycle he "borrowed" and cut him off at a light.

When the cops got there, both Mark and the Lambo had significant dents in them. The wife of the Ex-Seal ran off and did not return home. While the Ex-Seal was bailed out the next day by Bella herself, who convinced him that her compensatory offer was better than suing Mark. She also promised the man something else that will become pertinent in the story soon.

The news only knew about the Lambo being trashed by a "disgruntled vet" and opposing team fan. Yes, that's how it came out. But once again, the rumors about Mark ran rampant. There was even a meme on social media saying, "ML is in town. Do you know where your wife is?"

Here we were in Frisco again and invited to a company dinner at the LaValliere mansion. It was held in their ballroom and was the usual company dog and poney show. First, we had dinner. Then came speeches, awards, and then dancing.

We were seated on the same table in the center-left with the LeVallieres and four other couples. Mark danced once with Bella and then began dancing with women around the ballroom. He disappeared a few times, but then I was busy dancing with Jim and two respectful men from our table. Bella danced with Jim and some men that asked her. I noticed they were husbands of female executives. How quaint.

Jim was busy dancing with a woman from our table when Mark returned. He nodded toward me with a slight smirk then sat alone. Bella had been dancing at the time. I made conversation with the others until the music stopped. Then Jim and Bella thanked their respective partners and returned to our table.

I have to say, it had been years since Mark and I had contact, but I still didn't trust him. Waiting until Bella and Jim were seated, he put his phone away and looked at me.

"Work never ends," he said and looked around with his signature beaming smile.

He was acting as if he was about to sell cars for one of his sponsors. Standing, he walked around the table. I saw him approach and kicked Jim to get his attention. Bella stared at her husband with apprehension as he approached me.

"Hi, Linda," Mark said. "Would you like to dance?"

I was about to say no, when Jim turned and grabbed Mark's tie pulling him close to Jim's face. Mark tried resisting, but Jim did not let up by placing all his weight on the arm holding the tie. Mark tried struggling but then thought of others noticing then stopped. In fact, the way we were seated, people on different tables could not tell what was going on. Jim spoke just loud enough for only people on our table could hear.

"Before my wife replies," he said in a low tone. "Last time you and her danced back home, you asked her to run off with you for the night. When she didn't, you instead helped break up the marriage of two good friends of ours. Now, my wife will dance with you if she so wishes. Say anything to upset her, and you will wish it was just the new Lambo that needs repairs. "

With that, Jim tossed Mark's tie in his face, still staring at him. The tension between them was oppressive. Once again, out of fear that Mark would lose his temper and tell Jim what he and I had done, I spoke.

"I'll dance with you, Mark," I said. "But no hands on my ass and stay a foot away from me."

Jim pointed two fingers at his eyes and then pointed to Mark. A clear "I'm watching you" warning. Bella watched the entire incident with fascination. The spider observing the pray in her net.

"Mark will behave. Won't you, Mark?" Bella said, looking at him sternly.

"Always," he said and led me to the dance floor.

Mark tried to dance me toward the other side of the dance floor, but I stopped him.

"Stay where Jim and Bella can see us," I said. "And behave yourself."

"Like you and I behaved when you were a blond?"

"What I told you then stands," ruin my marriage, and I will ruin yours. And your career."

"You don't have the guts for it, "he replied."

"Once you expose me, it will be revenge, and I will be well motivated. You are the one threatening me. So just do it. They are both there."

"Maybe later," he replied.

"When are you going to grow up, Mark?"

"I don't like the concept," he replied as we danced politely separated. "If not you, I will go find another married woman to screw."

He left me standing there on the dance floor. But I recovered and just smiled at Jim, raised my arms, and shook my head in a nothing can phase me notion. Bella waved for Jim to come to me, but he didn't need her urging. He stood and had me in his arms in seconds.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Mark happened. He is full of himself and decided to find someone impressed by his image."

"Bella said that you are the only woman to walk away from him," Jim said. "Is he that vain that he remembers you saying no years ago?"

"He has a big ego, Jim. He thinks you and I are mere mortals."

"He needs to be taken down a peg."

"I agree, but don't want any trouble, Jim."

We danced, not thinking of Bella or Mark.

When we returned to the table, Bella waved us to her. There were two seats empty for us to sit by her.

"I need to see you both outside in the hallway. Jim, please go wait for us, and we will be there in a few. OK?"

Jim gave me a brief look if I wanted him to stay, but I smiled at him and mouthed I love you to show him all was fine. When he was gone, Bella stood and walked me toward the back of the stage. The ballroom had been divided in two for the night. The other side was dimly lit and empty.

"Linda, you have known for years that there would come that time I would collect."

My heart throbbed in pain as I realized the moment had come. Bella wanted her pound of flesh for what I had done to her.

"Have you readied him?"

"I think so, but I am not sure how he will react in the end."

"But he knows I want him?"

"He figured it out some time ago. He said that you were circling him as if he was a gazelle and you were a lioness."

"It's hard for you, isn't it?" Bella asked.

"I am more worried about how he will take it?" I replied, thinking of Jim.

"You may think me cruel, Linda. But I have been more than fair to both of you. I gave you choices. To leave Jim and go with Mark, or to stay with your family and suffer the consequences. You chose the latter, and it has a price.

"This is how it will work. You will see Jim in the hallway. Hug and kiss him and tell him you love him now and will after. Then go with my guard in the next room. Inside there are two seats. Take one and endure the show through the one-way glass. I want no theatrics and no resistance. Do you understand?"

"Yes, I do."

"I want to hear these words from you. Bella, please fuck my husband."

The humiliation I felt in that instant is indescribable. Bella looked at me, defiantly as I struggled with my doom.

"SAY IT!" Bella hissed as she leaned closer. "Say it, you slut!"

My lips and whole body trembled as I realized there would be no last-minute reprieve or deliverance. The proverbial governor would not call last minute to commute my sentence. I felt the noose tightening around my neck and spoke while I still could.

"Bella, please fuck my husband," I said as my voice broke.

"Oh, thank you, Linda!" Bella feigned surprise. "You are so gracious and fair. At least I did not sneak around to fuck him behind your back. You should thank me ."

And in my shame, I did just that before I followed her to the hallway and my waiting husband.

***

Judgement

In the hallway, Jim and Bella's driver, Roger, chatted as they waited for us. They stopped as they saw us approach. Roger stood a few feet away as Jim stood in the middle of the hallway. He looked at me nervously as Bella and I strode up to him. Then she turned to me and nodded her head toward Jim, signaling me to speak.

"Jim, I love you now and will love you after," I said, trying to keep my voice from breaking. "Remember what we talked about you and Bella?"

Jim nodded. His eyes never leaving mine.

"Go with Bella," I said. "Fuck the shit out of her and make me proud."

Before I lost my nerve, I turned around and walked through the door Roger held open for me. Once inside the room, I broke down, crying and collapsing on the chair closest. The thought of what I had to watch was devastating, no matter how much I had expected it and tried to prepare for it.

"Do you know how many tears she shed when he first started cheating on her?" Roger said in a strangely comforting yet stern tone. "Watching the video of you and Mark devastated her."

I was still sobbing, but Roger was not finished.

"Be strong and watch the entire event. Look away, and I will make you look. You won't like how I do it."

His stern gaze told me that not looking was not an option.

"Please," I begged. "I don't want to watch it."

Roger scoffed.

"Too fucken bad," he replied. "I had to watch your boyfriend Mark take my wife away from me in front of everyone I knew. The last look on her face as she walked away with him is burned in my mind."

"Your wife!" I asked. "You are around Bella all the time. Does her husband know who you are?"

"The asshole is so into himself that he has no clue. After tonight, he will know and never forget."

Before I could ask what he meant, Roger opened the door we had come in and waved to someone outside. Bella's large bodyguard and another man escorted a tied up and gagged Mark LaValliere into the room. More like dragged in, as Mark resisted when they deposited him to the chair next to me and tied him to it.

"You will both look through there," Roger said, pointing to a curtain on what I thought was a wall. "It's a two-way mirror. Only the boss knows we are here. Mr. Johnson does not.

"Also, our room is soundproofed. They can not hear us, and we can not listen to them. Not unless the boss turns the microphones on in that room. If she does, you will still hear and not talk to them.

"You both may not like the show. But then you both earned it. Have fun."

With the preliminaries done, we settled back as I watched my husband and Bella speaking, but not hearing a word they said. I tell you, reading lips is not easy to do. It looked like a conversation any two people were having. Two friends. Two neighbors. Two coworkers. Two siblings or two spouses whose significant others had an affair. For me, that was the worse part.

What were they saying to each other? Whom were they talking about? I almost panicked and wished they would just get to it. Damit, just fuck already. That I can handle. Oh, God!

SLAP!

The pain shocked me out of my panic attack. Almost falling off the chair, I was dragged back on it by Roger, who forced my face back on the glass wall. My right cheek was on fire.

"Watch them," he growled in my face. "You don't get to look away. Next time I'll tape your eyelids open."

I gasped in both shock and anger. But I did as instructed and looked back as I saw Bella walk up to my husband. He smiled at her and stood before they embraced. A smile he had given me too many times to count.

Next to me, Mark growled under the ballgag and the bindings to his chair. I almost looked away from Bella, embracing my husband to look at Mark, then thought better of it. He was on his own.

While I watched what appeared to be my husband and Bella embracing and swaying, I heard a thud and a guttural moan as someone hit Mark, and then again.

"Keep it up, asshole," I heard Roger growl to Mark, who somehow got the point. For a few minutes anyway.