All Comments on 'February Sucks - My Thoughts/Review'

by AimsAtSkies

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

DIDN'T READ THIS JUST LIKE THE MORE THAN DOZEN STORIES. LET IT DIE!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I guess you felt strongly that others would care or be interested in what you had to say about these stories. You mention so many other stories and authors the concept gets muddied. Personally, I felt this was a waste of my time. You truly had no interesting insights to add. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wasn’t there a version with Jim and the movie star wife that made Linda feel what he had? And they stayed together? Or was that another played out series

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Kalimaxos version all chapters sucked. Several of many of the follow up stories were pretty good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked all of them, but would prefer to to see Jim make a life with Ellen and have a loving family with her, after she quit the escort business. I don't believe Linda was mesmerized by Asshole, and would like someone to write one where she loses the kids to Jim & Ellen, and just keeps paying for her bullshit until she dies. Ellen was PAID to do her escorting, but falls in love with Jim and becomes a true doting wife and mother to his kids and the others he puts inside her. I wish someone talented would write this...

SexecutionerSexecutioneralmost 3 years ago

All those words...

You could have just said "I'm a proud little cucky boy".

Anderson's original is one of the lowest rated versions for a reason. You're what's wrong with this site.

You betas... I just can't understand what's wrong with you. I'm not going to go into a whole diatribe and pinpoint the flaws on your essay. It wouldn't do any good...

So I'll just say, "Continue to wear your cock cage, and your lace panties & heels".

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - you are just over thinking a really bad story - the original GA version. To me all these other versions do absolutely nothing to improve on the original - especially the ones that include any sort of violence. I wish everyone would just drop it.

In today's social environment (ME TOO) the chance of something even remotely similar to the original, is so far beyond remote, I do not think you could you could get it up to a one percent possibility. The publicity alone would crucify any famous or wealthy person for even mentioning something like this.

fritz51fritz51over 2 years ago

You bring up a lot of points, but I only agree some of them. I don't agree that the end is a foregone conclusion that Jim and Linda end up back together.

So much had been written, I had to go back & read the original one more time.

Throughout the original GA has Jim wavier between "no way in hell" will he take her back, to "well, for the good of the kids" he and Linda need to pretend to be a family, & RAAC. Jim states that, were it not for the kids, a divorce would have already commenced. Considering the massive betrayal, the "No way in Hell" fits best for me, I can't imagine how a man with even part of a testicle, could look at her, hear her voice, or any mention of Valentine's Day, much less, have sex with her, without reliving the horror that his wife had dumped on him. She wasn't even sorry that she did it, until the very end.

The only way she gets back, IMO, would be as Ellen whisks him off for a dance, she informs him that his good friend LW sent her to offer him a chance to level the playing field. In my vision, Jim leaves Linda at the club, goes off and has best sex ever with Ellen. Then, the decision of whether to start a new marital relationship with Linda could be done with both parties having had their heart ripped out, more or less equally.

Linda would truly get Jim's pain and the shitty little innuendos and smirks she had been having fun with when her and Marc's tryst was accidentally referenced from time to time would stop. She would no longer find it so amusing.

She asked him early on, not to take a lover... WTF? Hypocritical? NO SHIT!!

After Jim had an Ellen adventure, would Linda still be so gung ho to reconcile? Only maybe now? Now that she gets to have the comparisons & wonder who Jim's thinking about.

The anon that began, "All my comments are for the original version," made excellent observations. I agree with the point that when she came home and announced, "I'm still the same person as the day before." YES SHE IS.

FaceForRadioFaceForRadioover 2 years ago

I’m not usually a fan of violence either, but for Jim (or Tom in some of the versions of this tale) to retain his humanity (not to mention his maleness) Marc has to die! He needs to suffer a violent end, preferably at Jim’s hands and preferably with lots of blood (maybe some brains too) landing right on Linda.

Why all the gore? In GA’s original story, Linda comes home ready to resume her life as if nothing happened. If Jim isn’t understanding, he’s accused of over reacting. He will be doomed to receive Linda’s “second-best smile” if he takes her back and he will never measure up in bed against her dream stud. It’s her greatest moment and his worst ever!

If he doesn’t take her back he loses his kids, his home and most of his $$. And never able to trust another woman enough to have a decent relationship. Either way, Marc will hover over him like a black cloud for the rest of his life.

A permanent end to Marc frees Jim. It’s the only revenge that makes Linda feel the same loss and all over WTF feeling. It turns her night of golden memories into a lifelong nightmare. Couldn’t happen to a nicer slut!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Kalimaxos did his own story a huge disservice by using the names from February Sucks, but not the actual characters or premise. It would have been a much stronger story with it's own cast, but it's very clear that Kalimaxos simply tried to ride the popularity of February Sucks. I'm not surprised you support that, as it's much like Kalimaxos cuckolded GeorgeAnderson and is taking him to the cleaners in child (story) support for one that isn't his.

SyzyguySyzyguyalmost 2 years ago

An interesting discussion the range of sequels to GeorgeAnderson’s original. I’ll go back now and have another look at your “umpteenth one”. Thank you for posting this.

Rayjag1980Rayjag1980almost 2 years ago

I understand from an author's perspective that a BTB ending is "basic". But not from a reader's perspective as this is a much more realistic ending. The vast majority of men would end the marriage after the degree of humiliation, disrespect, and utter devaluing of the marriage the wife showed by running away with Marc, even for just an evening. Yes many author's that went the BTB route did take it overboard, but very few marriages would survive this in your face betrayal.

I guess artistically, the challenge of making the marriage survive would take more difficult, especially in making a plausible storyline.

But realistically, again, the marriage would be over with the vast majority of men.

DDAY55DDAY55almost 2 years ago

I hear you AAS. I too gravitate toward the longer emotional stories although Winterfrog has the short story down pat. GA and RG are two of the best here along with Andyhm, Cagivagurl, and DTIverson to name a few.

My reaction to something like this would be along the lines of RG's 'The Bridge' or 'Where's Buster'. It's the disloyalty and disrespect. There are lots of women that I see on TV that I would fuck (just once) given the chance but I wouldn't rub it in the wife's face (She doesn't deserve that and I did nothing to deserve her). I can say that because I know, for a fact, it's never going to happen. Let's face it most men are pretty shallow and would not suffer the angst that these guys do but I do like reading about it. Well written stories of infidelity have, since I was a kid, gotten my heart racing. I think it must be a hold over from my formative years when Stanlee wrote off Gwen and Peter moved on with Maryjane (It just didn't make sense to me). Years later I married a girl that looks a lot like the comic book Gwen and, just like with Peter, she's out of my league. I'd just move on. And bust up Marc with a baseball bat. The young children would be hurt the most.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Fuck!

Am l glad l do not think like you.

I sincerely believe u sir are totally out of touch with reality.

Do you even pretend to think like men do?

Have you ever been totally eviscerated by a woman you were totally in love with?

Have you ever been totally betrayed by a person who believed you would die for?

Given your thoughts the answer is NO!

Until you do experience that incredible pain and loss please do not pretend otherwise.

Doing so lessens you considerably in mens eyes, no pretending otherwise.

What you write here is utter garbage.

Forgive and forget, not likely pal. We just aren’t made that way.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

Mostly bull, not too many cognitive thoughts going on.

Dunny69Dunny69over 1 year ago

Yep your right on the button BTB lovers will hate you. I don’t think I’ve ever read a more sanctimonious load of claptrap in my life. Stay in your softarsed world and stay the doormat you seem to be. It’s just a shame there are no minus stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

In my not-so-humble opinion, the biggest problem with your analysis and your proposed ending is that the changes in the lives of Jim and Linda after the Lavalliere fiasco are not believable. Jim and Linda were a fairly typical couple with a nice, stable, American family. We, the readers, want them to overcome the crisis and return to the wonderful life that they had with reasonably possible changes in their lives/family. You and most of the sequel writers have them embroiled non-believable life changes and lifestyles (regular threesomes, cruises with high-end prostitutes, amazing affair with football player, incredibly clever solutions to insoluble problems, etc). And not only are the consequences of their actions way beyond the realm of believable possibilities, but the solutions themselves are too fantastic to come within the reader's world of what might be possible. I also have been intrigued by the original and many of the sequels of the story. Some have been quite engrossing and enjoyable, especially several involving forgiveness and reconciliation. But overall, the only one that really stayed in the believable yard is GA's original. But thanks for your review. It was a worthwhile and a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Is AAM some of religious freak. I pose that question because he seems to think that there is no act that can't be forgiven, turn the other cheek and all that. I'm not a BTB fundamentalist by any means, I am a reasonable man. If my wife was out for an evening, had a few too many and ended up in bed with some guy I'd be pissed at her but I wouldn't go all caveman on her. If her remorse was genuine and she'd agree to some changes to ensure she wouldn't ever be in that kind of situation again we could get past it in time but what Linda does to Jim in FS is so far beyond the pale it borders on the criminal. Her betrayal is so public, so calculated, so cruel and emasculating in it's viciousness that anyone who could forgive that extreme level of public humiliation may as well have WELCOME tattooed across their forehead and lay down outside their front door. If you can forgive that then you richly deserve the life you're going to get, laced with disrespect, dishonour and degradation. There need not be any violence but there surely must be serious retribution for Linda with devastating consequences. Any other outcome is just plain wrong.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

"I'm not the best writer on this site so I am not going to attempt to make my own sequel," - Except that you DID, and today posted a follow-up to that!

\

BTB doesn't have to be nasty. All Jim had to do was go off with Ellen and cone back the next day with a big grin and a "Best, Sex. EVER" answer to any questions from Linda about his night with Ellen. Then, and ONLY then, does he consider a reconciliation, which I'm not sure that Linda would then want.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You really got caught up in this story didn't you? Lol

Your not the only one. I've been reading stories on this site for years and I have never seen one with so many sequels as this one

And I have to say that this is one of the best stories ever written.

kiteareskitearesover 1 year ago

Not going to attempt your own version, except I found this by going to your stories list from the SEQUEL to your own version... maybe you want to go and edit your intro... while you're at it proofread your entry and submit all the corrections needed at the same time. Grammarly or languagetool.org are your friends.

Don't like BTB but what you describe as liking in johnadp's version is the vengeance and that is the basis of BTB. Like brooks says, it doesn't have to be nasty but it does have to have an element of getting even at the very least. Oh and BTB can stand for burn the bastard where the antagonist takes the hit.

I gave up after that... I am going to try your version because I like the FS story and the spin offs, but I don't hold out much hope for it after reading some of this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

BTB originally stood for "burn the bitch" and this site's writers mostly consider an even split divorce to be one, you may dislike physical violence but in the real world that is how deal, once elevated men get physical and the fact that less than 1% of the stories on this site have men react with zero testosterone "ie: get physical". I think sucks!!

DrgwngDrgwngabout 1 year ago

Your idea that they should be together, that he should essentially overlook the transgression, because they are “soulmates” simply disregards the fact that in order for that to happen , Jim needs to abdicate any form or self respect or self worth. That is a really big ask as he needs to live with himself the rest of his life. You evidently have no concept of how the vast majority of men think. Men simply cannot compete and win either in the courts, or sexually with women. So , ther is simply nothing left to do except maintain respect. GA is on record within these pages as promoting the idea that women should be forgiven literally any transgression, and the stories herein refelect that attitude. It is simply not conceivable that a normal, standard guy would continue the marriage after this level of public disrespect and humiliation. remember, btb or violence is not the only alternative. It is not black or white. The third alternative is instant removal of the source of irritation. Casual disregard. The kids are young and resilient, they have the most time to recover, and hell, half their classmates are in the same situation. As soon as they are old enough, they are told exactly why the folks are not together. Divorce if possible, then literally no contact whatsoever. If divorce is not financially possible because the court system destroys hubby financially, then a unilateral choice of living arrangements is called for. Most of this essay is just drivel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

FS poses an insoluble problem. Jim has been spit on by his wife, MV, and his acquaintances. No amount of BTB or RAAC or anything between will ever change that. That knowledge will remain with him until he dies or until dementia or old age take away his memory. Everything that he can possibly do or even just fantasize about is merely reactive. The only thing he has to decide is how to best minimize the pain of having been bent over and butt raped by his wife and her lover as his erstwhile friends enjoyed the show.

He may get revenge but still he knows his wife thought so little of him as to publicly cuck him. Revenge no doubt brings its own satisfactions, but will never erase the humiliation he experienced through his wife's monumental disrespect.

Reconciliation? Look at the person day after day who obviously regards him as fairly ridiculous simp? That's no solution either unless he actually is that simp.

The truth is that for Jim there will never be a satisfactory solution to the problem he himself caused. At MV's initial approach he failed to stand up and give him a lesson in manners. Everything else flowed on from there. Male rivalry is a real thing and a man who doesn't stand up for himself is open to the disrespect that follows from a perception of weakness.

Half-smiles, quickly turned heads, stifled snickers and soft laughter from across a room will forever be perceived by Jim as reproaches to a man who couldn't hang on to his woman. Linda claims she hasn't changed, and perhaps that is so. Maybe it's just a change of state from latent cheater to active cheater; but for Jim she is fundamentally different. Once she was a proudly cherished life's companion, now she is reminder of his status as a pathetic clown. Jim's only choice now is what bandage to put on the wound.

Donovan7777Donovan7777about 1 year ago

Obviously you like to hear yourself talk. Most of what you have said is junk. The realistic bottom line is that no man with any self respect would forgive Linda for what she has done. Game over. Zero tolerance.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

If Linda can have more than one day then it's not a 'once in a lifetime' and is actually just plain old cheating. The whole premise of February sucks is specific to how can a couple deal and/or overcome an infidelity of this kind. Along with an exploration perhaps of the mindset of a woman that could think such a thing is possible and what kind of partner they would have to have to accept it as being so.

Some people just will not believe, however you go about it, that a woman could have an affair and not be a cock hungry cum slut for all time, it's just not possible for their minds to comprehend any other alternative. Likewise, they cannot believe that any man that would stay with someone that cheated on them is still a man. They would far prefer to die alone and in poverty, or in prison being bummed everyday, than stay with a cheater.

As for Jim's role in this. For me he's always far too inflexible in his moral outlook, while also being far too passive in his actions. Almost any BTB version of Jim wouldn't have even allowed his wife to dance with Marc in the first place, so there really wouldn't have been a story or at least not one that started in a club. We're introduced to Jim as a 'beta' character with an 'alpha' moral code, it's always going to end up in trouble ... and what's worse is that he's clearly hitting way above his station which just increases the inevitability of conflict caused by his inflexible moral code and inability to back up that code with real action ... either physically or emotionally as it turns out.

Almost every version of Jim I'm left wondering why, why didn't you act, then why didn't you just divorce her straight away ... about the only satisfactory answer to that one is the story where he stays with her till the children have grown up. Otherwise Jim is just an incoherent mess.

Here's a thought for all the self proclaimed alpha males … the better more desirable something is the more people fight over it, just because that thing is a woman and she sleeps with other men it doesn't make her less desirable or even low quality, quite the opposite in fact if value is relative to demand, so the fact that she'd step out on you makes you not good enough ... which is the crux of your angst and your need to BTB.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The author here needs to learn the difference between THERE, THEIR and THEY’RE and when to use each one.

Also never use a preposition to end a sentence. Multiple sentences here end with TO.

Know your language.

RanDog025RanDog0254 months ago

Don't quit your day job.

Schwanze1Schwanze13 months ago

Understood. What’s your wife’s cell number?

FantasyTrainFantasyTrain2 months ago

Talk about STALE, this is the-best example!

You say you are not the best writer, I would say you are NOT a writer at all!

I am sure your boyfriend agrees!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Thank you for your rambling diatribe on a crappy story kept alive by morons who think that they can fix the giant injustice heaped upon Jim.

To paraphrase someone I like - Anderson's FS is not a story to put down lightly. It should be thrown into the garbage heap with great force. And should be forgoten. To some of the comments below it doesn't have to be a BTB, but at the end of the day all a man really has is his self respect. Once you compromise that you've compromised everything. The worn out trope of staying for the kids sake has been scientifically disproven. Divorced children with involved parents do better than children in toxic environments.

Anyway I know my comments will not stop another author from wanting to do FS 'their way'. So sad.

James G 5James G 5about 1 month ago

You lost any credibility as soon as you said "reconciliation.'

Neither the rest of this piece, nor anything else you have written is worth reading, no matter how well you may write, because your opinions and beliefs are trash and deserve nothing.

mfj77mfj7724 days ago

Well . . . you attempted a review. It rambled so much, I gave up (a very rare thing for me to do). The author's complete disregard for all the BTB sequels is disappointing. Too much violence? What world do you live in where there isn't too much violence EVERY day? I think the BTB endings speak to the outrageous, public betrayal of Jim by Linda (and friends). So, by ignoring those sequels, this author completely ignores the visceral impact of the original story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAimsAtSkies@AimsAtSkies
Since I can't leave this blank I'll just give my hottest take on literotica: -Mfs with a profile that got no stories of their own and leave hate comments on my works are cucks in the closet.