All Comments on 'February Sucks: Same Old Me (1of4)'

by Cockatoo

Sort by:
  • 149 Comments
secretsalsecretsal3 months ago

Ah shame. Cookie was great, but now your skills have to be expended on the usual LW rite of passage. Writing's good, some standout moments, but I haven't been able to care about these characters since the original story. Is Linda like Cage in Edge of Tomorrow, dying a thousand deaths before she finds the one true path that makes her character whole (excluding the cutesy ones where she turns down Marc)? Guess we'll never know.

Good luck with the story, looking forward to more of your own stories. Going by the vibe in Cookie, they feel more fresh than anything found in FS and its derivatives.

WisquejacWisquejac3 months ago

Great so far. Thanks.

Avalon101Avalon1013 months ago

Great FebSux sequel so far, i have binge read it and love it. One of the best sequels i have read. 5 stars from me

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker3 months ago

Wow1 Just WOW. I can't wait for #2. 5 stars, The Bear liked it.

The BEAR

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi41043 months ago

Really well done. Liking this sequel a lot. Can't wait for more!

statestreetstatestreet3 months ago

A big thumbs up!

This installment is long and it has lots of dialog, but I think it was all necessary. Anything less would have diminished the story.

* * * * *

RePhilRePhil3 months ago

Gotta tip your hat to George Anderson. Another jumping on the GA wagon. He truly is an inspired writer. Proof being all the other writers trying their best to emulate his perfect story. I wonder if we have a humour section. Good writing predictable but good writing.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed3 months ago

I guess that this is the version of this sad tale that could have gone into Novels and Novellas. The writing is good, so following the development has been easy. The next three parts will make or break this alternative.

crazycam69crazycam693 months ago

Excellent!!! Looking forward to the remaining installments.

NotSomeBubbaNotSomeBubba3 months ago

Brilliant. Full stop.

SDN1955SDN19553 months ago

Exceptionally well written.

irinmikeirinmike3 months ago

I for one like the detail. I have read George Anderson’s story multiple times. I have also gone over how I might react in similar situations. I think I am not in the minority, as many a man who read Anderson’s story were emotionally moved by this tale and mentally put themselves in Jim’s situation.

Wavedave45Wavedave453 months ago

Damn I wish that I didn't have to wait.

darklogicdarklogic3 months ago

Better than the original. This is the ONLY derivative of February Sucks that I've ever considered better on all fronts, be it in prose, characterization, or realism, than the original. Many have improved on one or two of those measure but you are better in all three.

I have high hopes for the remaining parts of your version of the story. No pressure, though.

looking4itlooking4it3 months ago

I was leery of a long and convoluted rehash of this story. I gave the first page a try and found some unique thoughts and points of view so I finished this part. I look forward to what is coming and, hopefully, you keeping the nuance and intrigue that has made the beginning section so interesting.

bruce1971bruce19713 months ago

Wow.

/

I was a little put off by the length, but decided to give this one a shot based on Cookie (and, let's be honest, because I really enjoy seeing what people do with February Sucks). It was a surprisingly quick read that moved along at a fast clip, and contained some really outstanding insight. Impressive enough that I read it again about an hour later--something that I NEVER do, particularly with a story of this length.

/

Your attention to detail, your interest in the main character's thought process, and your sense of strategy all come through loud and clear. So much of this resonated--the sense of having the rug pulled out from under you, the sense that you've formed a relationship with someone you really don't know, the sense of trying to set aside wounded-animal loss so you can think strategically about the most painful problem you've ever faced. This story feels real and it feels fresh and new--a VERY high bar in a February Sucks rewrite, and one that you clear with seeming ease.

/

I'm very much looking forward to the next chapters. In the meantime, thank you for this!

CaptFlintCaptFlint3 months ago

Excellent start. Like a child on Christmas Eve, "What's next? WHAT'S NEXT! Thank you.

payenbrantpayenbrant3 months ago

This is truly much better than the original with good advice given for anyone of any gender when put in a difficult and emotional situation like this

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

GreyMatter46GreyMatter463 months ago

Fan-fuckin-tastic!! Page 4 was a real cookbook on how to survive divorce no matter your gender. thanks

CockatooCockatoo3 months agoAuthor

Hello everyone, and thank you for the votes and the comments! This community is truly extraordinary.

Rest assured you won't have long to wait for the rest of it. The story is complete, all the parts are posted, and the portal says that parts 2, 3, and 4 will publish on the 6th, 7th, and 8th, respectively. If you want to know how the proverbial sausage is made, please read "Twenty Years Is A Long Time," which is posted under "Reviews and essays" and is NOT very long at all. And if you need more like this from me in the meantime, "C is for Cookie" came from the same stewpot and has nearly all the same ingredients, if you haven't read her already.

For those commenting about the length;

1) You have been warned,

2) Yes, I know it's longer than the first Harry Potter book, and it will probably be the longest FebSux story ever,

4) I am in fact capable of doing short ones, including a 750 word challenge, and finally,

5) The thing about sorrow is that it doesn't get resolved quickly. We DWELL in it. It occupies lifetimes. A story about sorrow and loss and rebuilding has to be like one of those recipes that takes all day (or maybe two) to prepare. Things have to simmer and stew, flavors have to steep and mature, and the heat needs to be low and persistent for the dish to come out right. So I feel the length is justified. When Georgia O'Keefe wanted to paint a landscape of the sky, she knew it'd require a massive canvas. Jim seems to need one too, I'm afraid.

LWLover60LWLover603 months ago

Way awesome! Thanks!

francemanfranceman3 months ago

Wow. A really, really good first part.

Page 4 and Pete's character was amazing.

That part was really great. Usually all authors bring in a third party to incite or force reconciliation or separation by spreading bullshit when they don't know their life, couple or partnership. The usual stupidity, as if all of a sudden you meet a wise man who holds the truth.

Here, all the advice is only for him, for his own good, for his protection, so that he can cope and make his own decisions.

It was the best of times and it was the worst of times.

As Pete says, you have to rethink: yourself, your future, the priorities you've set aside, the meaning you want to give to your life.....

Storyteller0112Storyteller01123 months ago

I read this, being unable to look away from the craziness that is FS stories. I was VERY impressed. Then I read Cookie. Now I'm a devoted follower. I'm so glad to hear that parts 2-4 will publish this week.

I'm also "stealing" a couple of phrases for use in my own tales at a future date.

"Ferris Bueller, you're my hero." - A. Ruck

AccelarVesterAccelarVester3 months ago

I did just read your story "C is for Cookie" and loved it. This is a great start to this tail of betrayal.

I always wondered if there weren't a few untold endings. - Perhaps, as suggested here, Linda stays for a day or two.... Maybe it was setup and a process server gives Jim divorce papers at the club or perhaps Linda, very out of character, goes to Jim and tells him she is leaving with Marc and will be home when she gets home...

Just a few ideas. Looking forward to the next 3 chapters.

miket0422miket04223 months ago

Well written, well thought out. As much as this probably is a good stopping point for the story I wish sit had continued on. Hopefully the next chapter isn't long in coming.

FantasyTrainFantasyTrain3 months ago

Excellent!! Feed the bulldog with your SORRY bitch! haha

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit3 months ago

That was good, damned good. I like how you’ve dissected it, describing Jim’s deeper thoughts instead of superficially stating the high points. You’ve taken a whole new direction the way Dave is involved, and it works. Nobody else described how the men knew what was going on when Jim returned to the table. You put it in terms that made a lot of sense, really believable. Looking forward to the rest.

TajfaTajfa3 months ago

Really great. Your writing is excellent. Can't wait for the meeting with Linda. 5 big blazing stars.

GamblnluckGamblnluck3 months ago

One of the best and detailed descriptions of the angst a man could go through in the aftermath of something like this. The talk with Dave and his brother Pete was well thought out. I'm looking forward to how you finish this tale. I hope the rest follows a similar detailed and thought out approach.

5 stars

MormonJackMormonJack3 months ago

Wow... clearly one of the best follow-ons to FS. 5 stars for some great dialog and great processing. Thank you!

Dunny69Dunny693 months ago

Didn’t get past the first few paragraphs where the author rudely lambasts potential readers before they even start. I do so hate when authors gob off about not caring what others think and if you don’t like that stance then jog on. So stuff your self indulgent remarks and yes I will move on.

FaceForRadioFaceForRadio3 months ago

I don’t think I have ever given 5 stars for the first chapter of a multi- chapter story before. I usually wait until the whole tale has unfolded, but this is great so far! I like the way Jim is portrayed as a regular guy —no superhuman powers, no friends in high (or low) places. He’s trying to answer the question “What the Hell just happened?” Before doing anything stupid or unleashing permanent damage. Especially like his honesty with the kids. Interesting how he can be way more straightforward with Emma and Tommy than the in-laws! Looking forward to 2,3 & 4!!!

BigfundrewBigfundrew3 months ago

Ok. Honestly, I liked this much more than i thought I would.. very well written.

Rare 5 stars.

Barst0hBoyBarst0hBoy3 months ago

Just the best! I love your response to the absurdity of the instigating event...the anecdote where all the women insist that this WOULD happen if they were approached by someone of adequate celebrity. I also thought the bifurcation of Jim's thought process was genius. I've read a lot of these "sequels" and I've never read one where Jim goes and networks with guys who have some experience with infidelity. Great job. I'm looking forward to the rest.

Hooked1957Hooked19573 months ago

This was really good. 5-star work.

Hooked

SkubabillSkubabill3 months ago

Wow, five stars doesn't do it justice. By far, it is the best FS sequel or alternate ending. Of course, I have to qualify that with a "so far." I have read all of your stories, and to my mind, this chapter exceeds any of your previous works, all of which have been worthy.

BrentJWBrentJW3 months ago

Ok, I’m sick of these February stories, but that was really good!

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyne3 months ago

I hope we don't have to wait long for the next chapter. Five stars!

shaman43shaman433 months ago

Wow, just wow.I have been therapist and marriage counselor since 1972. Still do a bit of it. The conversation at Dave's that first night could be in some of the training moduals that I took. I rewrote them and used them when I taught those techniques at MSU. It is the most complete thoughts given by authors for characters in this kind of situation. For example, as a helper, be it as a friend or therapist the need is to so the person that there are choices. If they do not have the capacity to think of one give hints. The intent is to give them as many as can be articulated no matter how unlikely. Then try to list them in order of how hard and for best outcomes. Do not want the hurt person to stay in the mind state of no choices. That leads to a sense of helplessness then hopelessness. That is when suicide starts to look like the only choice.

The rest of the story is well done too. I appreciate the effort the author makes to add some realism to the fiction. FIve stars so far

114FSO114FSO3 months ago

Fucking Entitled Cunt. Rewarded by society simply as a result of having a slimy cunt between her legs, rather than a cock. Blame society for her resulting ENTITLED attitude. Get rewarded simply for having a pussy, and no other reason. Simple, end of story.

MsVanilla69MsVanilla693 months ago

Wow a lot of anger written there and I can understand that as We know the story , It was well written and of course waiting for part 2

truthandjustice99truthandjustice993 months ago

interesting one note if Jim takes kids out of state uit is considered kidnapping and when the police and FBI catch him he will he hadn't listened to deranged friend

Harryin VAHarryin VA3 months ago

There are several things about the story which are actually quite good and unique not only in the loving wives genre itself but also in the FS. for example:

.

FIRST The confrontation and conversation that Jim has with the rest of the married couples is much more detailed forceful and quite frankly realistic and the nonsense we saw on the terrible and highly overrated George Anderson original story. while many of the FS sequels develop Jim as a much stronger character with a much stronger personality and intelligent.... this particular author has FINALLY developed Jim with a strong character at the initial point where the event takes place.

.

SECOND the rage that Jim feels on page 1-2-3 as he is driving around. The self-doubt the inability to comprehend what has happened. That she thinks he is a doormat. All of that is really well written, ly powerful and it's extremely realistic from the man's point of view with divorces and marriage ending events.

Bravo.

.

THIRD The scene where Pete is telling them what to do to take care of themselves besides the usual banking nonsense that we see in most of the LW stories…. is also really well done and also quite realistic. Many times in real life marriage ending events and divorces the single mom feels a lot of pressure and is trapped. But sometimes those kinds of feelings often happen with the husband , especially when the wife ends up stepping out and finding a new man and the husband is out of the house paying for it and can't see his kids.

.

FOURTH finally the best part about this part one series is the realization that Jim has not been looking at Linda’s TRUE nature while he has been married to her. Jim has been a puppy dog chasing after Linda and she has come to believe that she is the master in the relationship.

in the original George Anderson story and throughout all of the 100 plus sequels and spinoffs the fundamental truth about the original story often gets ignored. --- which is THIS

.

Linda came to believe - for whatever reason -that Jim's reaction was restricted and limited and more importantly that his feelings his reaction or not important. That is what the whole issue is. THAT is what makes the entire FS stick in people's mind.

.

JIM DOES NOT MATTER

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Maybe a little drawn out but I’m looking forward to the rest. FS is an awkward place to be as everyone arrives with preconceptions after reading the other versions … 4 for now

Lorry3188Lorry31883 months ago

As you said this is a long story and l hope when l finish reading all of it that l am not disappointed ☹️ that there is no new ground covered hopefully all the mumbo jumbo was covered in the first part let’s get on to something new

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Can't argue with good. So far this Jim is a keeper. Liked the fleshed out dialog around the table with all of the couples in the wake of Linda's betrayal. Like this Dave better too.

servant111servant1113 months ago

Wow… Double WOW! I have read Feb Sucks add ons till my eyes cross. This one is logical, fits the parameters of the origional GA tale, and most importantly makes sense. Further the Platonic dialogue addresses the core issues in a clear conversational manner. I look forward to the continuance of this excellent add on.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is the worse version of this long drawn-out piece of crap story to date

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

RAAC WARNING!!!!

You lost me at: "Emma, lying is wrong. I'm not going to lie to you. I made a promise never to lie, and I made a promise that we would stay together as a family. Okay?"

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Excellent! Can’t wait for the rest of this.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

She didn’t leave for sex with a different man, she just got sick of the incessant verbal diarrhoea.

Could have been don in two pages.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon3 months ago

I think the reason so many people attempt to add on to GA's stories is that he's a mediocre writer who leaves entirely too much to the imagination.

Finchy1955Finchy19553 months ago

1 star because you actualy thought people would want to read yet another version

Q1000Q10003 months ago

The best #FebSucks sequel!

Old_TimerOld_Timer3 months ago

Excellent read! This could be published as a Self-Help book for the about-to-be-divorced crowd. 5 stars

CptAmeripantsCptAmeripants3 months ago

A little wordy in the dialogue department, but a really good fresh take on the story. I don't think I've read one where the friends actually seem to see reason and play a bigger part in the story on Jim's side!

Solid 4.5 if I could give it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I'm sorry but I feel like I'm wading through treacle. I've skimmed over the whole thing and I don't think I've missed anything other than the excessive verbiage

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

"Linda, I know who you're with and I know what you're doing and I can't fucking believe you'd do that to me, that you'd do that to us. I'm giving you a chance to turn around and come back."

-

We don't know if this wil be just another psycho-blabbering cuck tale, but this statement is a good hint toward the usual fetish-cuck line.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A good take on the original, has good points but I willwithhold my opinion until I have read the rest of it

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Very insightful. You have gone very deep into the psychology, the repercussions, and what must be the path forward.

I only hope that all four parts live up to the same standard, but after reading cookie, I think it just might.

ZebcannonZebcannon3 months ago

This is a great setup. I have read GA's story several times and a lot of the alternative endings. I like the idea of not doing nothing but feeling bad about the situation and having someone help really help push the take control and help your self idea. Looking forward to seeing how things go. Ohhhh and I did read C.

KinkyNewLifeKinkyNewLife3 months ago

Excellent! Can’t wait for part two. The only thing I didn’t care for was how Jim presented the situation to the children. I can agree with telling them something to let them know that their Mom did something bad, but I think he went a little too far to influencing them as a weapon against Linda. That’s not fair to them, especially at their ages when they wouldn’t understand the consequences of everything.

PowersworderPowersworder3 months ago

This was a very promising first chapter. I'm looking forward to reading the rest.

"there is no Reconciliation-At-Any-Cost"

Ok good. I hope you also realise that any reconciliation with that brazen whore is a RAAC?

Because there are no circumstances in which any man with a shred of self-esteem could forgive such a public humiliation and betrayal. There is quite simply no way Jim would ever get over being so horribly emasculated.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Maybe the best “Jim” portrayed so far in any of the derivatives of this impossible story.

.

I was torn between 4 and 5 ⭐️ until he encouraged his kids to call Linda’s fuck buddy “Asshole” 😎

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Too long. Slap the bitch, slap the in-laws, take a tire iron, taser or semi-automatic to ML and move on. The only good thing about this droning was the kids learned a new word.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

"We're going to live in our house and you're going to grow up with your mommy and daddy right there with you."

-

Is this what is going to happen ? Another unbelievable RAAC ?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

90% of this part is psycho-manipulative talking, trying to make the whoring behaviour of the demented wife acceptable. Already seen in many other tales: for the best interests of the kids, because forgiving is the best thing, because strong men will always take their slut wives back, etc. But beyond the endless chit-chat, the disgusting betrayal facts (including the so called 'friends' behaviours) are speaking more loud than one million words. We'll see in the next parts.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I never read new part ones. this is an exception. This is sell written and believably so. Five stars for part one.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

@RePhil

I can't fully agree with you.

I read the original when it first appeared. I do agree George Anderson writes well, it was very engaging, but the purpose of every single story ever written is to convey a message. An underlying philosophy.

And the underlying philosophy of Mr Anderson's story sucked balls.

It was all prettied up, and the arguments were convincing, but in the end, Jim's feelings, his role and his importance were all diminished, and he was brought along by the short and curlies until he just let it go, all while Linda never had to face responsibility, never really had to suffer the pain of truly knowing what she did to Jim and her children her marriage and was just filth, all while she gets to keep her little fantasy memory, no matter what we are led to believe. My God, she admitted it enough. Even wrote it in her letter. That's not going away. Jim will just have to live with the knowledge that his wife left him to suffer while she had her Cinderella dream. No husband could ever measure up to any part of her adventure: being CHOSEN as the princess. Taken away to a place where she could set aside her everyday life and given a night of pure sexual Nirvana at the hands of a local God. A man who is genetically gifted, who is paid to remain in top physical condition, who is everyone's hero. A man who gets LOTS and LOTS of practice with his dick. Even if hubby was close to the asshole's level of fitness, charm and appearance, Linda spends every day with Jim. He is going to be "the same old me" no matter what, because he is Linda's 'ordinary', while the asshole will always be the prince who had to invest just one day of acting "Mr Wonderful" and pounding experiences into Linda that she will never forget.

That is the true reason why there are so many alternative versions of this story. If Mr Anderson had made the same offer for other writers to reinvent his original work, but in it, he had used his writing talent to really bring the tragedy to full resolution, there may have been one or two other versions from people with their own axes to grind, but not the countless number of stories we have... and THAT'S because most people cannot assimilate the outcome with their own moral codes. They HAVE to try and correct it. Reinvent 'history'. It has even caused people to write for the first time.

Good writer? Yes. But his moral compass points South. I don't care how good the writing is if the message curdles my stomach.

So far, THIS story is doing a much, much better job of exploring the dilemma, and I hope Cockatoo pushes through, holding the line, and doesn't let HIMSELF down.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Finally, a serious treatment of the situation. I know this is fiction but this version of the story feels more life-like than even the epic original. But you have the luxury of length while George Anderson was constrained by brevity. Nicely done. Can't wait for the rest of the story

Karn9Karn93 months ago

Long winded however it’s a good and different take to this classic story. 4*

Just_WordsJust_Words3 months ago

This version answered so many long-standing questions including how everyone knew and gave an honest examination of the harm that Jim suffered. 5***** from me!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good so far and I hope it continues

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I read part one because you indicated the story is complete. You even have a word count. If part two isn't released soon, I will be sorely pissed.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Here’s what authors need to understand:

The betrayal committed by Linda is so severe, that BTB is required. Any reconciliation will make readers angry, a simple divorce leaves the audience feeling unsatisfied.

Justice requires, at a minimum, that the slut and the player experience the pain and humiliation that they inflicted upon the husband. That’s the baseline. To make the reader happy, then the perpetrators need to suffer even more. Especially the traitor slut wife.

In a proper society, Linda would suffer a slow, public, humiliating death to serve as a warning to others. Something so horrific that in the future, when a woman is considering adultery, her friend slaps her, and says “Remember Linda!”

This story, more than any other, is rated based upon outrage, and not on the skill of the writer!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What SDN1955 says.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Your disclaimer at the beginning is futile. Like a child saying "I'm gonna do a bad thing, but you can gimme no ass-whooping 'cause I told you in advance and you knew it!".

That won't work! The dialogues are breathtakingly boring. You could have condensed the whole chapter to 2 pages.

nixroxnixrox3 months ago

1 star - I still hate the original story. Your rendition is like really spending a lot of time polishing an apple, BUT when you bite into it, you find out the insides are rotten.

I still believe the best course of action for the MC, would be to kick Linda to the curb, then spend a great deal of time with the children. Linda would no longer be a factor in his life - she would be irrelevant.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove3 months ago

After the false start, this was a good story to start you off. You corrected the thing that REALLY stuck in my craw In. The. Original. Jim saying nothing about Dee’s desire to be the woman ML chose. So obvious and something that someone who had been as wronged as Jim was in the original would have stated to all around the table. Why? Fuck them and the horse that the sanctimonious ride in on. You in that pain? Share it with those who don’t know. Now they know. Now they empathize! So that felt like cleaning up a big pustule of BS from the original. Thank you.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades3 months ago

This has built into a interesting story. A bit different than all the rest. Thanks for your writing.

usaretusaret3 months ago

Great Followup to the original. So far, so good.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster13 months ago

This is an interesting addition to the FebSucks multiverse...

...I think it tells the story from a different viewpoint than I've seen before. Although I don't claim to have read EVERY story in the canon, I think I've probably read most of them over the time since the original was posted on LW.

This one seems to be filling-in more of Jim's side, starting from when Linda leaves the club, and developing an interesting direction from that point.

Four stars for this part, and on to Part 2 of the 4 parts...

IndyOnIndyOn3 months ago

A lot of psycho babble thrown in here....you could have cut out most of Ch 2-Ch 5.....I found my self skipping forward a lot! Mostly pretty boring stuff *3* so far...

sermexsermex3 months ago

Wow nailed it best version yet and quite possibly better than GAs

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I seem to agree with the general consensus of comments. It is long (we were forewarned!) but excellent! I really appreciated the scene when Jim returns to the table after having just been dumped. This rendition actually makes way more sense than any of the previous attempts at the story. Why? This is probably exactly what someone like Jim would do under the circumstances. It wouldn't be a simple gesture of throwing a $20 on the table and telling them to pay for the slut and he never wanted to speak to any of them again because they were all dead to him. Tearing into each of them individually and going hardcore is EXACTLY what would happen. Going beyond that the depth of conversations and the interaction with everyone is perfect. Yes, it's long but it's perfect! Congratulations!

Frank66Frank663 months ago

Wow, it's like this is the real version, and GA's is just an abridged one. Liking this a whole lot, and the dialogue's quite garrulous, but it fits. Looking for the next.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I have thought a problem with the original was that Linda’s behavior in leaving with Mark was so over the top considering the loving relationship she had with her husband. And it made the story unrealistic and unbelievable. This version I believe is the first that appears to deal with that. Perhaps Linda never was what she seemed to be.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Can't wait for the rest of the parts to drop

staliesinstaliesin3 months ago
somehow

Somehow, I think you might have either been in this situation or been a counselor. You have an awful lot of insight into the dynamics of infidelity. Thanks for the great read. So far, you have created a much more in depth view of the story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

whore-ona virus.

Made me laugh.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

So far, it's a pretty good version. I would advise that you pay more attention to your signal to noise ratio as I found myself skimming at times due to boredom from repetition or just filler. I would estimate that you could trim it down to 3-4 pages without losing anything important.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

FOR THE LOVE OF PETE! PLEASE STOP THE FEB SUX STORIES! The original isn’t even worth the time, so neither are the ripoffs!

Jesus H Christ!

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundown3 months ago

A very verbose retelling of the simp porn manifesto, I'll hold off on judgement. Authors have said there stories wouldn't be RAAC but end up that way...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I just got to "Pretty fucking far from okay." You got a quick chuckle from me there. It added a layer of texture to Jim's thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I have only been able to read up to page 3, due to personal time. I'm very impressed in the clarity of real world thought and emotion. This looks like this will be one of the best stories from this web site. Getting back with wife I hope will not happen, but we will see.

WargamerWargamer3 months ago

Wow!!!

The best version yet!!!!

So we’ll put together, you put a lot of thought into this, and it’s worked out brilliantly

5/5 all the way.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Interesting start; is there an estimated time line for publishing the rest of these parts?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago
WOW

Very good!

mndhanson017mndhanson0173 months ago

Damn, I kind of wish that the next few parts would be out, I did enjoy that talk with Dave and I am pretty sure that this has affected all of the other marriages, it is likely some of those other couples could be divorced or the wives will have to find new friends of their husbands' approval because the band is destroyed. The fact that it is noted of how casual this is, I do hope that the kids are his or something, so his lineage and morals continue, I do wonder is Dee's mom ever gets involved because of her skewed view on men and if Dee's mom has ever met Jim, I wonder if she would accuse her daughter of what she has caused. I do hope Dee confesses to multiple infidelities by her and Linda, so the other husbands will use them as example of what they could be for agreeing to such BS, you don't get one night, one hour, one minute, or one second with anyone else, the moment you get married. Way to keep Jim a regular guy as someone has said and if there is revenge, I would say it would be karma rather than Jim doing something, he would be the indirect cause, but not the actual cause. I also don't feel that they should remain together because of the suspicions of multiple affairs before this "fling", so if it does become divorce, I hope Jim comes out okay. Don't care much for Linda, but I do for the kids.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCockatoo@Cockatoo
These are strictly works of fiction and fantasy... that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Although these tales have been carefully peppered and spiced with snippets of the occasional real-life encounter, personal experience with trauma, or sincere obsessive daydream, none of...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories