All Comments on 'February Sucks - Sessions'

by NoTalentHack

Sort by:
  • 295 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is very well done. The conspiracy to gaslight concept synthesized the story in a new, insightful way without having to change any fundamental aspect of the plot. The same can be said of this variant's synthesis of Linda's personality, coping skills and motivations. What would have made this variant even better? An opportunity to observe Linda interact with Jim in situ. It would have been great to have Linda appear in this variant for one of the pivotal discussions with Jim that were recalled by him in the therapy sessions. To see her manipulative nature in action, and then observe her fragmentation when those coping skills no longer proved effective, would have been the proverbial cherry atop the ice cream sundae. The dessert was delicious nonetheless, however, and I celebrate both NTH and GA for sharing their formidable talents here in LW.

MarkTwineMarkTwineover 1 year ago

One of the few versions that doesn’t paint Jim as a complete pansy and cuckold. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I also am glad you got writing again.

Good coda, it had a similar level of insight and analysis as MC had of introspection, etc. in the original.

I really enjoyed this

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

tl;dr: treat her like a queen and she'll treat you like a serf.

Many such cases.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I read most of these stories

I have never read one that explains why the husband didn't just physically and vocally cause a violent scene.

I would have went after my wife after one dance and ANYONE who got in my way either puts me down or I put them down.

So I think husband is a wimp

USMC Vietnam

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I am glad you returned to writing

This was a great ending to a great story

you have looked at what made the original bomb shell of a night make scene

I find that a person have different makeups that in turn cause them to do different things and react differently, here she was a taker and just keep taking till she figured that she could do no wrong and when she did and the reaction was not as she expected she pushed the blame to him

her upbringing and life set her up to fail and fail she did

love you thoughts at the end

keep writing

Carolynne

ps sorry my writing skills are not so good / teck papers i'm good at not anything else ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It seems like this was a infomercial for counseling. At the end of the day, all women try to manipulate men. Since they are usually weaker, physical domination isn’t possible. So they do it mentally. Sometimes men just give in on most things, to keep the peace. Then one day, she oversteps her bounds. In a cheating situation that was premeditated, there are two possible responses.

#1. Go scorched earth , and win the spin. Drag her name thru the mud.

#2. There are a lot of options here. But the end result is, she at least possibly wins. So I do not, consider option #2, to be a good one. Divorce the bitch. Drag her name and reputation, thru the mud. 3 stars- For #2 ending. Just like normal #2, it stunk.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I once read that the two worst types of people to become involved with are a person with narcissistic personality disorder or a sociopath. Having encountered and become involved with a narcissist myself, I believe it's true. I can definitely see Linda as a narcissist. Narcissists expect the people in their lives to make sacrifices for them and to make them without complaint while, at the same time, doing the only what is easy and the bare minimum required for others. I like RAACs, but a RAAC only works if the wrongdoer is reflective enough and is willing to see and admit their faults and commit to being a better person. That wasn't going happen with Linda. She need to be ruined by divorce to have the possibility of rebuilding herself into a better person. Otherwise, she would probably never change. I definitely enjoyed your take on the original classic story. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a pussy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

very good sequel. 1st shrink story that ive read that puts shrinks in a good lite vs overeducated back patting know nothing idiots. rk

MarrttyMarrttyabout 1 year ago

Great story. You put a good spin on it. I was always Disturbed by the original story.

Beardog325Beardog325about 1 year ago

I reread the original again before I read your version.I’m very glad you penned yours it was a fitting ending. As much as I like the original it left me with a feeling that I needed a shower she was just not a good person. She got what she needed and should of gotten worse. Thanks again great job!

BHCoupleBHCoupleabout 1 year ago

Thanks, I absolutely loved your ending on this story. I was quite dissatisfied with the ending of the original and then was very glad to see something normal written about it.

MisterMordinMisterMordinabout 1 year ago

One of the most thoughtful stories on this site and probably in the top three of the best answers/sequals/follow on, to GeorgeAndersons original.

Very well done.

bo5254bo5254about 1 year ago

Ecellent story...well thought out and extremely well written. Great outcome.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The story was good. Just one of a multitude of possible endings that could have taken place. I liked the reference to the Martian Slut Ray as one possibility. The reality is that ALL of the stories, including the original by GA, are a possibility. (I can hear the screams of outrage out there). But if you don't believe that real life takes some outrageous twists and turns just read some of the insane things people do on U-Tube/Twitter/Tik-tok, etc. It's like Rod Serling's imagination came to life.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 1 year ago

If this was your first story back in creative writing, it both makes me jealous AND encourages me to get my first one finished...

...not because I think mine will be better, but because it holds up a lantern in a dark cave, throwing a light ahead.

I know LW is a tough place - the dark cave - but there are so many great writers who hang their hats here, that I just want to 'hang out' with all of you... even if I get roasted by the mythic "Anon" commenters here.

5 stars, of course for this great re-imagining of George Anderson's amazing story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Realistic. Pretty accurate. Am curious what next happens to the main character, and to those he loves.

numbnutz49numbnutz49about 1 year ago

Wonderful, well told story that walks a fine line between BTB and reconciliation. In the end, he dumps the cheating wife but keeps the loving mother showing his ability to let time take it's natural course and find a solution that works for him and his children!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Waiting for sequel where he loudly confronts "friends" and simply tells them to get out of way or fight time right after first dance

And then loudly tells wife time to go or stay And don't come home. All loudly. Vet and can't believe shit people put up with worried about being in public. Why give a shit about assholes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I really liked this story. It felt tight and plausible. Given, as you called it, a”nightmare” like experience, where everyone In his life was actively working against his best interests, having him come to a real understanding of his wife and his circumstances through talking to people who were completely objective observers worked perfectly. This just felt crafted and you spent obvious time and effort getting it to this level. Thanks for that. A very good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I guess this is my least liked variation on this story. He never really grew a set of balls, he just sort of did what everyone told him to do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Few things, great writing, it is however very hard to read stories when you have little to no respect for the MC. Anyone who's recreation of FS's had him stay with Linda, well I don't care to read about someone with no self-respect, honor, valor, or dignity, even the tiniest amount of any one of those uniquely masculine traits would not allow him to accept or forgive what she did. I also feel you kind of tried to rationalize her actions and in doing so you kind of minimize the sheer magnitude of the situation. Besides how often does the actions of narcissistic self-entitled modern women come across as rational in anyway.

nogravynogravyabout 1 year ago

One of my favorite endings to Anderson's story, though I will say that I also am waiting for the follow-up that has Jim beating the shit out of some people. Yeah, I know, but what can I say? Thanks for the great read and the outstanding effort.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 1 year ago
Extreme!

. NTH, your writing is extremely well done. Congrats to you, your editor, and your proofreader - even if you serve all three roles.

. The plot is extremely well laid out and logical. I seem to have missed a couple cues with Ellen and LW seemingly appearing out of nowhere. Probably my lack of skills...

. Character description is extremely well done, resulting in clear, consistent characters. The dialog of each character is consistent and fitting for that individual.

. Story format, using therapist sessions to explain the post-February action, is extremely effective and clear to even a casual reader.

.

I have just discovered this author and am committed to reading everything on his list. Kuddoes to NTH.

.

As an aside to other aspiring writers: this level of clear writing, with great grammar, punctuation, word choice, spelling, plot and flow, etc., are probably worth a full point in the star ratings. Some authors declare an indifference to getting it correct, but my reading enjoyment of such work is tempered by the lack of easy flow in the reading process (repeated rereading to discern the author's intent).

Keep 'em comin'!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

This version, AND your end note are brilliant, interesting, settling, and satiating BECAUSE they provide a plausible touchdown for what otherwise would be a whole lot of improbable.

Also, your handle is demonstrably misleading. Thank you for this snd many of your other memorable writings.

ChopinesqueChopinesque12 months ago

Truly a nightmarish sequence of events for Jim. And the original story was told well, so that it captured the reader and he figuratively lived it. Sudden, shocking utterly horrid betrayal. That and all that followed were a 'Twilight Zone' episode for the reader.

LoneandlevelLoneandlevel12 months ago

I've also been perplexed at how I and apparently others have allowed GA's story to torment us since I read it. I don't take issue with NTH's assessment but two things:

- I think the sense of helplessness one feels at both the way events unfold but also at how we see ourselves in the person of the MC not measuring up to Marc (at least in how we think women would measure) plays a part.

- Additionally, I think all guys who have allowed themselves to be vulnerable to their wives (maybe, like me, the only time they've ever done that) fear the idea that she could turn out to have the ability to sell us out if the price is right. In a foreword of sorts in the original story GA talks about his overhearing a conversation in a bar and how that sparked the idea of this plot in his mind. Lots could be said about the women involved, but thank God I know for sure how my wife would respond to the more outspoken women there.

oldtwitoldtwit11 months ago

Nice go with this ending, bit wordy for me, but the premise was good, I liked your thoughts on George’s brilliant story, you succeeded to have an understandable conclusion, probably not to everyone’s liking but I thought it a good one

KitDeLuca164KitDeLuca16411 months ago

Hi NTH. I like the reader who commented that your tag name is misleading. LOLs but accurate. You are an excellent writer. I was drawn in by your story. The plot use of therapy allowed you to explore the events deeply and honestly making the story richer and more interesting. My favorite part, however, was your personal thoughts at the end. Like you, FS was the story that motivated me to write my first story, and like you it also bore into my brain in uncomfortable ways. I look forward to reading your other works. Well done on this story. 5*s.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x11 months ago

@Anonymous Re: "Unauthorized" - I could be mistaken, but I believe that GA has given blanket permission for alternates/followups.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great alternative, I you said all things I also thought about, i.e. staying with children for their peace of mind while ignoring one's own. LW was also a weird story arc that GA had thrown in, playing games with his friend with an escort; I thought that was handled very well also. All in all, on of the best alternatives to a classic story.

smmhomesmmhome11 months ago

Thanks for picking up writing again. I've enjoyed your works.

DreddrasDreddras11 months ago

Easily one of the best takes on GA's "February Sucks".

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A good and different slant on things BUT I still think the best one was where both Marc and Lnda get shot and killed (JAYBEE186)

114FSO114FSO11 months ago

I want to "Thank You" for putting your slant to this story. Having been diagnosed with PTSD, along with severe trauma shock, as a result of my time in the military, VietNam and Desert Storm. I find that society has pushed me to the position of minimizing how those events have cammoflaged perspective. Then all the people who have told me to "Just Get Over It" as it all happened in the past. With help from people at the V.A. I have learned such traumatic events were beyond my control. I have been suppressing my emotions, feelings, and expxressions simply as a mode of survival. Life has not been easy. I placed the needs of my children first, as their mom was only concerned with her appearance to her work mates, mostly men. I too was the fixer. I loved my wife, and would do anything I could to smooth her life over. Work more overtime to compensate for her spending habits. Forego my friends to placate her. Even listen to her talking in her dream sleep like she was talking to her former lover/boyfriend and how she could not do anything with him as she was still married to me.

She always had the better car, better wardrobe, supposedly better friends that would cover for her, and how her life growing up was always worse or more traumatic than mine. She is the one that always needed to sacrifice for our family, supposedly I never did sacrifice according to her.

Ironicaly, her name was also "Linda". And to top it all off, she was always saying how the men at work always treated her nice, complimented her, and why couldn't I be more like them, dress like them, treat her like them, appreciate her like them, and let her have her fun time, girl's time, night out, and flirting like her work partners? I guess I was such a schmuck. Both children eventually lived with me full time, while I still payed her child support. It was cheaper than going back to court, and the legal fees that I would have incurred.

Your chapter has put so much into perspective for me. Again..."THANK YOU".

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

You do a better job than most arranging characters and circumstances for the husband to be an accepting cuckold over time as time blunts the devestation.

I'm glad you didn't this time.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

De la daube

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I agree with this assessment. Why do some characters get the “Martian slut ray”? Well, they don’t really. They just think they can get away with it with minimal consequences. I think this is a fair take on this genre.

JRandyJJRandyJ10 months ago

I read all the rewrites on this tale. I enjoy most, including this one. I like the counselor in this one. Get outside the box. If this had been me I wouldn't be typing this because I would be in prison by now. ML wouldn't break a leg in 7 months playing on TV. He would be worm food, you know dirt nap. 100 dollars would probably but a hooker off of most streets in most cities. 1000 dollars would probably be enough for said hooker to permanently rearrange Linda's face. Just kidding. (maybe)

NickTeeNickTee10 months ago

There are no 'good girls gone bad' there's only bad girls pretending to be good until caught out and there seems to be more of them every day

CelestialFalconCelestialFalcon9 months ago

Finally, an hypothesis for what I’ve been previously thinking of as Linda’s psychotic break

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Amazing how this version turns into finding the reason how or why the husband was ultimately at fault for his wife's horrendous betrayal of her family.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I think NTH has encapsulated the core issues with FS with this treatment. I've read so many attempts to alter the outcome, soft-sell Jim's unwarranted devotion to Linda and all of the bad behavior of his so-called circle of friends, that I thought everything had been covered. In NTH's case, he provides a rationale that maintains the main character's as presented, but leads to - IMO - a more likely ending for Jim. Allowing him to grow and express his rage and outrage just feels like a more likely outcome than reconciliation. It is certainly more satisfying.

-DS

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulay9 months ago

I literally come back to this story every so often just to give me that satisfying ending. And I guess to see the start of your literotica journey! Still enjoying all of your stuff, just wanted to say thank you again for sharing it all with us.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

so being a nice guy and treating your spouse with respect and love is a bad thing ??

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

You brilliant man, you did it! You finally solved the Martian Slut Ray paradox!

You teach people how to treat you, for better or worse. Don't EVER relax your boundaries to a point where you have to accept suffering or mistreatment, from anyone!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Very well done. It always seemed like there must have been something wrong with Linda already - as opposed to the view that seems common on this site that 'women just all do this stuff out of nowhere because they're basically evil or all idiots.'

Some commenters (see below) seem to think your account says we should never be nice to wives, or that somehow your account blames the husband. It's too bad they can't see that the story's explanations do not require either of these conclusions - that it was the interaction of Linda's particular problems with the husband's decency that led to the problem, not that women in general are like this. I think you tried to make that as clear as could reasonably be expected.

NickTeeNickTee8 months ago

This has not only added nothing of value to the original story but has somehow painted the wife into an innocent and her behavior a result of conditioning brought about by her husband's exemplary treatment of her foibles. It has as much merit as a piece of gum stuck to one's shoe

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Did you really buy into your story line you wrote here? I don't agree with any party in your story any of this was worth the typing and argument presented here. Nothing of logic value was presented and no solution outcome would benefit from all this rhetoric. I will leave it at that, with little to no thought that you really have anything of positive value to offer the story "February Sucks". Had this been a real situation you were having to contend with, all lack of real rational thought and action by any party that might have actually encountered this was not presented here in these ramblings called "Sessions".

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I think that this is just another in a string of cuck stories that you seem to favor.

captpatrickcaptpatrick7 months ago

The so-called therapists talked more and expressed more emotion than the MC. They seem more like drinking buddies than clinicians.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I like the writer…I really do. Is there some sort of fucked up Literotica rule that EVERY author needs to take a run at this POS story? This might be one of the worst - but they are all bad. Sad.

SyzyguySyzyguy6 months ago

5* I thought that there was a reasonable plausibility to this continuation and, almost needless to say for a NTH story, it is well structured and clear. I seem to be one of those rare commentators who actually appreciate the huge variety of "and then" February Sucks explorations - whether I agree with them (a few) or not (most).

I must confess that I don't understand those who say that they hate/don't like a FS stories but then read another one and tell the author that it's only worth1* - why on earth do they actually read it or comment on it ???

Thank you for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great writing and a believable story. Of course, 5 stars.

HighBrowHighBrow6 months ago

I don’t understand the urge to add to someone else’s story, especially a great one.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I loved this ending. It was a definite “5”.

Now... a few comments on the story in general. This has no bearing on “ NoTalentHack”, as he had to write an ending that fit the original narrative. Some tried to change the original, and their endings didn’t work. My general comments are this-

#1. Why would all the couples at the table, stick up for Linda? Surely the husbands would realize, they were giving their wives tactic approval to do the same, by their actions. If I was there, my anger would be directed at my wife first, and then at Linda. And I might have been inclined, to dump the other couples from our friends list.

#2. I have heard of similar things happening. In one instance, a woman who was supposed to be married, hooked up with the drummer of a band a few weeks before. And the husband to be, was not there, but found out about it. So the wedding, was off. In this case not only did Linda do the unthinkable, but she did it right in front of her friends, and her husband. There is no coming back from that. So overall., it is like watching a train wreck. But I don’t believe, in the reactions of the friends. In reality, they would have rallied around Jim, and Linda would have been facing the wrath of all her friends/ relatives and co- workers as well. Great Talent Hack deserves praise, for trying to theorize how this could have happened. But at the end of the day, I don’t believe in the original story.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker6 months ago

Gotta be at least a 100 dif feb. Storys out there. Ive read alot of them. There all dif of course. G. Really wrote a head scatcher. 🤷🤷🤔🙋🤷👍👍👍💯💯💯💯💯😁🍺🍺🍕🍕❓😁

WisquejacWisquejac6 months ago

Glad to have you writing for whatever reason. You’re good. Thank you.

NicealloverNiceallover5 months ago

It was just a bit too long for me. I liked the ending but it felt like a Pyrrhic victory in the end.

RePhilRePhil5 months ago

I found this story more about Liz and Tom. So putting all that god like and insightful sycophantic counselling aside, maybe she is just a bitch! KISS always seems to be the most honest way forward. Great writing amazing narration and pace. Probably one of the best rewrites. Much better than GA’s. Who apparently commented to JPB his ending was intentionally limp. 5&FAV. Always a fan !!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

At least you didn't make them reconcile. You seem to love RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

i have probably read 6 or 7 different versions of the original story and several of the after stories too . i agree that the multitude of circumstances is probably unlikely,but .. starstruck people dp really stupid chit all the time . even celebrities are known to get involved with co stars and break up their own marriages in the heat of the moment . i also agree that the wifes friend is just about a snake in the grass . i'm not sure if a man could/would be dazzled enough to throw a marriage away ,but ...

Rob_RoyaleRob_Royale5 months ago

Thanks so much! After reading FS and then waiting for my brain to stop shorting out, I came to find this ending. I needed this ending just so I can sleep tonight. Well done sir.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

5*.

I agree with NTH that G. Anderson’s Feb Sucks was one of the most emotionally evocative stories in the LW of the Lit site. I am glad of the author’s analysis as to why it was so troubling; namely the nightmare of the combination of the original public humiliating betrayal, manipulation, and the interference by a supposed friend to enable the escape for the dirty deed to occur, thereafter compounded by everyone he knew telling him he was over-reacting and that his natural feelings were somehow in error and thus there was something wrong with him in all of this - that was the true horror in the tale. The author’s use of the counselling tool for Jim, to right the imbalance of that living hell, was a clever idea.

Well written, and … thank you for that! Peace of mind at last! None of the other alternates that I’ve read, and I’ve enjoyed a few, have (to my perhaps old fashioned moral/duty oriented mind at least) exposed and properly explored the full why of the horror inherent in GA’s original masterpiece nightmare. Bravo. And welcome back to writing, you are good at it.

Jim

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You are profoundly insightful, and a great writer. Thank you. Again.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I concur and well said @anonymous Jim below.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I’m my experience, albeit limited, it’s unusual to fing thoughtful or insightful comments in the “comments sections” of internet websites, especially in Loving Wives on this one. Usually just angry, bloviating, hostile, bitter dudes raving about all the havoc they’d wreck if “it happened to them.” These are dudes, unsurprisingly, who have a lot of time on their hands. Surprise. Suprise. Wonder why?

This piece is an exception as several comments here are interesting, well said, and worthy responses NTH’s very thoughtful ending to GA’s nightmare original (e.g., @anonymous “Jim” below and @RePhil below). Indeed, RePhil’s invocation of the “KISS” principle is both humerius and perhaps even true, but RePhil lays out what I think is a false dichotomy. That is both can be true, that is that (1) Linda can be, and in fact, is a BITCH, but also what REPhil suggests is the author’s psycho babble therapy tool to explain Jim’s treatment by wife and others, (2) still does a god job of explaining everything that happened in a likely probable way. It’s good to understand people’s thought processes and rationale, even if they are bitches or jackasses. Understanding, the reasons, however poor, behind the actions of people in our lives is almost always useful, or at the very least — good to know. It’s useful to know why narcissists, egomaniacs and just plain asshats to what the do.?knowledge and understanding are power, h good power in the right hands )heads). Kudos to NTH for his usual brilliance, and well done commentators as well, a rare treat, indeed.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

George Anderson's is not "great" or even good. The character development is absurd, which allowed GA to create the "nightmare". But really, can anyone read about the Martian Slut Rayed Linda, the suddenly cuckish Jim, the risible characters of LW and Ellen, the utterly implausible facilitation of adultery by the friends, the deployment of the false and destructive "for the children " trope to cap the absurdities with a nasty RAAC and not laugh?

He won't fail to laugh if he reads and analyzes the story intelligently

You confuse a widespread reaction to GA's poorly developed story with quality. Andres Serrano's Piss Christ evoked a huge reaction, but no one with a developed intellect would say that is great art. In fact, only a postmodern woketard would be likely to call it art at all.

You can easily write a story that will get a huge response, just include in a morally ambiguous presentation of child abuse, clubbing baby fur seals, or torturing kittens and puppies and you, too, can "evoke" a flood of emotions and have a flood of responses. Golly, who knew that good writing could be so easy.

You're a very good writer...much better than GA. Don't use false metrics to judge your worth or the quality of other writers' work.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Really thought provoking and excellent response/sequel to the original story. Really enjoyed reading this and you are very much a No Talent Hack. BardnotBard

gopher25gopher254 months ago

The ending of George Anderson's version is much more satisfactory than this version, even if the Ellen episode was pretty cheesy (although no less believable than most Literotica stories). Jim and Linda reconciled, with both of them having a much better understanding of each other and themselves, and making an honest effort to be a better mate. Of course, that ending is not so satisfactory to the BTB crowd.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The original was so bad on every level. It was badly written and

the story itself was as close as telling men that when a taller or stronger or richer man comes along your wife should be allowed to go get fucked by him and the aggtieved party should suck it up and take the whore back... No wonder it's had so many women posing as men defend it and so many men rip it apart. I have no idea if creating this polarising effect was his intention. My guess is not. He wanted the husband to take back the slut. In this version Jim moved on - eventually after continuing to live and be put-down by the slut Linda. What kind of man does that and I'm sick of the trope that the MC is staying in it for the kids...

NickTeeNickTee4 months ago

George Anderson's story was a poorly written bowl of dog porridge. The characters were as three dimensional as a sheet of paper. It elicited the response it did brcause Jim went from a man into a wimp in no time with his vacilation as to what to do with his slut wife and GA dragged that on and on. I read the original to the end almost Iike watching a car wreck happen. You know it's going to be bad but you can't stop watching. I thought this rendition was interesting but in this story the explanation/justification of Linda's actions by the counselor were nothing less than semi-intelectual mumbo-jumbo. Oh well you can't win them all but when it comes to FS why try. Pity as I've come to enjoy, respect and even envy NTH's skills.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice4 months ago

I really liked this version, except for one point, regarding therapy. The two therapists in the story were portrayed as excellent professionals that helped out. However, while describing the therapy, therapists in general were described in a negative, stereotypical manner, as if most therapists are rigid, formal, Freudian-spouting, ivory tower professionals that deign to work with mortals. I work in social services so I know that therapists are overwhelmingly like the therapists in this story. Therapists Tom & Liz are the rule, not the exceptions. Promoting cheap stereotypes was likely unintentional, but I have to defend my profession as counseling is not a money-making job. People get into it b/c they like helping people.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Better ending. Jim looked at counselor Liz and said, "You have to be the dumbest most inept counselor on the planet. Linda did what she did because she is a piece of shit, lying skank slut. You're trying to minimize / excuse her evil behavior because I was a good husband. You're saying if I was shitty to her every now and then she wouldn't have cheated. How completely stupid are you? Or are you telling me this because you too are an entitled bitch who is cheating on her husband?" Later that year Jim lured Linda to his house and sold her to a Mexican cartel that owned several whore houses in Tijuana. He got 10K and laughed his ass off as she begged and pleaded with him. "Sorry bitch, but you wanted to fuck so much I decided to help you out. You'll never see your children again, nor will you be around for grandkids. Hope Marc was worth throwing your life away cunt, bye!" The last he saw of Linda as they piled her into the back of the van was three men getting ready to sample what they had just purchased. Jim used the money to put in a pool. The kids soon forgot about Linda and nobody gave a flying fuck. She did last long enough to double her owners money before the STD's kicked in.

schulz777schulz7774 months ago

Still don't understand the whole February sux hype.

Until today the original story doesn't make any sense.

No matter how many times different people tried Linda's behavior from the start till the end makes no sense and gets no real explanation

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

An interesting precis on the FS saga on story form and counseling

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I find it hard to believe that someone could feel so entitled as to do something such as what Linda did to Jim thinking there would be no repercussions for her cheating.

CookiecreamyCookiecreamy3 months ago

For a guy with no talent, you can write a great stroy.

Odess83Odess833 months ago

Никогда не понимал концовки оригинала. Снова быть вместе с Линдой? Как? Почему? Дети? В современном мире это не повод и уже очень давно.

Тут концовка лучше!

silverthorne16silverthorne163 months ago

Truly, one of the best Feb Sucks sequels I've had the pleasure to read!

consulting91consulting912 months ago

I really love the therapy angle and what you’ve brought up here. It is an enjoyable story but more than that it makes the reader think and digest what they’ve read.

Fantastic job!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This was a brilliant analysis! Linda,by every metric, is a delusional narcissist with little,if any,moral compass. Marc may be a preditor but, short of coercion, EVER gets fucked other than by choice, desire and design. That she betrayed her husband is proof she's a terrible person. Worse even than Marc. THIS story illuminates her for what she truly is. Further, NO MAN would EVER find a way to put this aside. Not unless he's a spineless cuck. 99.9% of these would hit the divorce court at warp speed.

Booboo12629Booboo12629about 2 months ago

Well done. Great analysis of the whole scenario and a believable, real-life explanation for how and why it occurred. Not a criticism, but I would have enjoyed more of Linda’s side of this aftermath story—either her finally getting it and being truly remorseful OR her staying the same narcissistic bitch and having to live with the consequences. Just something to think about.

One other thought that this great story evoked. Many of the LW stories have women who are obsessed with sex and who react to purely physical inputs—looks, touch, praise, etc—from someone other than their husbands and then have wild, orgasmic sex over and over. Men can certainly react that way, but I have never known a woman who didn’t need an emotional connection, particularly before giving up everything that matters in her life. I’m not saying it never happens, but just that in the LW universe it almost ALWAYS happens that way. I guess I just always see women as being much more complicated and nuanced that that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I wish you had used more of your closing argument in the actual story and friven home to Linda and everyone else what a self centered narcist she was.

jkthekatjkthekatabout 1 month ago

Very eye -opening. I've learned more about myself through these " another ending"than I did in therapy years ago! Plus the newer endings were entertaining! thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Congratulations on your pathetic psychobabble on how this wasn't really Linda's fault blah, blah, blah. To be honest you're a good writer and that has carried favour for your bullshit story but any rational man with even the tiniest bit of self respect would have dumped the slut the same night then burned his so called friends. All the bullshit from wimpy men on LW that revenge is wrong is only because they didn t have the balls to go out and put the hurt on everyone who did them wrong and realise how self validating that is. Now all you little wimps can come out and bemoan this comment if it's still up

OlefishermanOlefisherman22 days ago

Boy you got your name right. However I have a better one for you one that you try to keep secret. No talent cuckold hack, yes that fits you much better. In your stories you hang the horns on the guy and then justify the reasons. Is that the way you see life. Grow a pair.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar12 days ago

I knew two things before I started this story. 1st It would be well done but possibly piss me off. That is a compliment, BTW. I think if a story gets to your emotions then the author has done an outstanding job. 2nd I would be breaking a promise I made to myself to avoid reading anymore sequels to GA's original story.

I was right on both counts. The story was very well written, the psychological aspects were probably accurate and they pissed me off. I will promise to avoid any sequel of February Sucks. 5* for a thought provoking story.

26thNC26thNC12 days ago

NTH took a real pigs ear and almost made a silk purse out of it. He painted the picture of Linda that I believe most accurately describes the entitled bitch, and her reasoning behind her cheating with Marc. I liked the therapist Tom working to rebuild Jim’s belief in himself, and Liz telling him that his view of Linda was spot on. Linda getting divorced, and Marc getting crippled always works for me, but Old NTH took the story to a new level for me. Even if you hate a couple of the main characters, NTH is so good that despite yourself you enjoy the story very much. Not many LW authors can do that.

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

Interesting, detailed, and engaging way of framing what often ends up in the comments as readers expound on why they hate, hate, hate a particular character and the way that character is treating others. It was a plausible way to both recap and unpack the action in depth, as well as extrapolating what comes after. A bit of a relief to the reader's psyche to see the protagonist not taking any crap, whether throwing the wife's continuing barbs back in her face or forging ahead with the divorce.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNoTalentHack@NoTalentHack
If you want to use one of my characters in your story or write an unofficial sequel or prequel or side story to one of my stories, please feel free to do so. I only ask a few things of you: 1. Credit me as the originator of the character/story. 2. DO NOT monetize it. This in...