All Comments on 'February Sucks Until It Blows'

by onewildjuan

Sort by:
  • 111 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This one doesn't really add anything

Definely one of the mediocre alternates.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another ending, Marc continues to wreck marriages

When is some writer going to end this with Marc getting a lead pipe take to his knees and groin?

marktacmarktacover 3 years ago
Shoulda left it alone!

What a waste of 10 minutes. I really wonder what onewildjuan was thinking that possessed him to write such drivel.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

Could have used some editing, or at least a beta reader.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Ripping off Juanwildone's ID was a classless move, you didn't mention if you had GA's permission, and why write a followup to a "meh" submission? There is no doubt to any objective person that GA's story is the most influential story written in a long while. The shear comment numbers and the sequels it has spawned prove that, and the fact that you bothered to write one gives the lie to your "meh" statement. There were good, bad and ugly followup stories, you said. Yours is one of the latter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Still very unsatisfying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fucking terrible.

Weak men go back for sex. You act like their arent billions of other women on the planet who will lay on their back "just for sex." He's still a cuck.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Much like

A ruined orgasm. Blah.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Odd

She would stick with him all those years, move across the country after the condoms and hiv checks but she couldn’t see moving across the Atlantic? Makes no sense.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Well written

I don't get the connection to the original. Yeah the story implied a connection, but I didn't feel it while reading. A decent story however.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
To be fair

It was well written

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 3 years ago

Welcome to the land of February, may your story go on and on.

Congrats on a different take.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Weird

Much like Schwanze1...

Weird

Not bad, but not good... Could have been a new story. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
hmm

well written but the story didnt really offer anything.

He accepted her cheating and just drifted.

No real reason was given for why the divorce happened when it did.

Did she suffer at all in a loveless marriage? was written.

And to do absolutely nothing about the marc equals acceptance, if so then why divorce?

So I like there are more stories about this as the original screams for more, but this wasnt a very good story although again well written.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Good story!

This whole February Sucks series with all the endings really gets to me and I finally figured out why (for me to know). I think this was probably more realistic than most endings except for those that go the divorce route which is an equally realistic outcome. Betrayal kills a marriage. There is no doubt about it. Good job.

hotpussiehotpussieover 3 years ago
no feeling

i could absolutely not get any feelings or connections to the original story, just a blah

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
So he was a cuckold

eventually accpting her betrayal 'for the kids' sake.

You need an editor for some of your mistakes are glaring. Don't know how anyone can sa'well written' if they read it rather than skimming through. 2

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not Really A Story

The dialogue was stilted, overly-formal, and unrealistic. The characters were wooden caricatures of real people-the writer didn't show us any facial expressions, hand gestures, or much of anything else. As a newspaper article, this was just fine, but as a story... nope, it didn't make the grade.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Really, why didn’t Linda dump him?

In this version, Jim wouldn’t really touch her for months, using rubbers and dental dams. Since he said he would never trust her again, why give up the barriers in six months? After all, if he didn’t trust her, how could he have trusted that she didn’t have another stranger on the side? Really, she might as well have, because Jim was nothing more than a latex covered dildo to her, and her no different than a jack off sleeve to him.

No harm, no foul? Hell, with that notion, you get five fouls before you foul out!

Of course, Jim got a couple extra million bucks by hiding money, right. In essence, he was cheating her, all along, when she only cheated on him over one night.

One part of the epilogue was missing. After Jim found out how “available” Andreea was, the company did as well, and as one of his PAs, he was her immediate supervisor, so he got canned when Andreea sued the company for £5,000,000 for sexual harassment. Too bloody bad, wot?

Dont_miss_meDont_miss_meover 3 years ago
Meh...

it's decent...

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Not a bad redux - What's the saying..the opposite of love is indifference.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
PAINFUL

Your disjointed writing sucks more than February.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Hahahaha! Man! GA gave a gift that just keeps on giving!

Thanks and this was mostly fun!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A good person?

"Linda was a good person"

What the fuck! How could the husband character actual say this after she exploded their marriage by going off to fuck the professional football player. Good people don't have the heartless character traits to fuck over their spouse so cavalierly as she did her husband and then just expect to pick with her marriage from the gutter where she left it and carry on as if nothing had happened.

Linda was a entitled cheating cunt who like most cheating cunts think they can just fuck their way back into the relationship.

Husband was stupid not to divorce her cheating ass. Staying in a shitty marriage for the sake of the kids is the worse possible solution. Especially for the kids. Their kids were older and I'm sure that they didn't fool the kids play acting at being a lovely couple when all they did was stay together for convenience and not love. What kind of example is that for kids. Just fake it! I'm sure their kids weren't surprised at all when they finally divorced.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Don’t see the point

I think, except for making her feel bad using protection and squirreling away some dough, not much happened. I don’t see the point of writing a story with no conflict.

That’s boring, and the self-serving justification at the end doesn’t help.

Thanks for trying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ever wonder,,,

...if George Anderson knew his story would kick off all the emulation AND all the angst from commenters?

lovemesomephillylovemesomephillyover 3 years ago

We're just not gonna let this story die huh? Lol

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

You have a different take on the story from the other sequel authors, but it was pretty good. Linda lost Jim's love that night and never regained it. I think that was the best possible retribution. Trying so hard to regain his love, but never understanding that without trust there can never be love again. Marx's troubles were more karmic, than as a result of his womanizing. He deserved worse. All the sequels have been very good, but I'm still waiting for someone to write the one where Marc doesn't even make it out of the club on his own power. If course Linda has to pay for her obvious intent to cheat despite not being able to complete her fantasy night. That would be an interesting story. This was still a very good one. Thanks Juan.

OPrimeOPrimeover 3 years ago
Entertaining

A little long on some of the convoluted dialog

robinhodrobinhodover 3 years ago
Good

but not great.

Excellent writing. Glad he started at the morning after - I've read the beginning so many times now I can almost recite it. It really has turned into a marvelous series.

My only problem is that at no point did it 'pluck my heartstrings', or excite me. All very well explained, logical, and believable. Perhaps I'm being a bit unfair, I'm guilty of having criticized other stories for not being believable. Maybe a bit of 'over the top' was needed. The original story had this in Spades!

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

I enjoyed it although the ending lacked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Did I Miss It?

Did he continue with condoms after the 6 month period ended or did I miss your reference to it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
blah

Marc's misfortune wasn't nearly enough to make me think that the reconciliation made any sense whatsoever in the given circumstances. The late divorce after many years doesn't change that.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

Well it looks like once again i am the black sheep Of this group because I think the story was extremely well done.

The author is analysis's of what the crux of the problem ....is exactly correct. Outside of the issue of whether or not the husband or a group of people should go after mark the football player... The husband actual reaction is the correct one.

Wife claims to be madly in love with her husband and claimed at this changes nothing and that her feelings towards him has not changed at all. Which means that her emotional physical sexual and psychological connection to her husband was not enough to stop her from cheating.

This is very similar to other versions of the story where the wife again maintains that nothing has changed with her but the husband ends up correctly saying you had your vows last Friday and you still broke them so if nothing has changed it means you can break them again

The idea of a significant move and relocation in order to change the background of the marriage is also a fairly realistic solution. Sometimes such a big change of location can save a marriage or relationship and sometimes and just keeps it on life support

njlaurennjlaurenover 3 years ago
Eh

Not much too it really,it wasn't a RAAC and it wasn't a BTB really, it was just kind of meh. I also get tired of ' there was the money she and her lawyer didn't know about', these days that is next to impossible. His tax returns would be checked and there would be a lot of unaccounted for funds. Most people don't have access to foreign tax shelters, the Cayman Islands and US based investments would be in the tax filings. A common guy like this guy wouldn't have access to that and the electronic trail would trip him up.

The real problem for me is that it just kind of slinks slinks along, the emotions aren't really there,and the trope about doing it for the kids doesn't work, kids would see right through the charade. Plus honestly why would Linda want to stay with him when it was apparent the love was gone,women IME wouldn't put up with emotional.coldness,she would file for divorce long before the end.In something like 60% of divorces where the wife cheats it is the wife who files for divorce,bc they can't live with a husband that distances himself.

It isn't badly written,though I suggest more proof reading for flow and spelling and the like.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Let this die!

The premise is stupid and unrealistic. This take was awful and sad. There is no way the relationship would have lasted, the kids would have known. It would have been a sad, terrible marriage where everyone was unhappy.

The lack of respect she showed him, and his subsequent lack of respect of her following her one night stand would have made being around them unbearable.

This story was awful originally, and this submission made it worse.

Let this story did the slow ignominious death it deserves!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
1☆ The worst so far

Cuckold Wimp Shit. Why can't you cuckholds leave good stories alone?

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 3 years ago

What a piece of shit.

I can see why she went with Marc if she had such a shitty husband. What an absolute lice if trash as a human being.

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

So he wasted 15+ years in a loveless marriage? That was incredibly depressing.

Staying together for the sake of the kids sounds very noble, but children aren't stupid... they can tell when there's big problems between their parents. I just can't see how any man could ever forgive or forget the horrific way Linda humiliated him so publicly.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

And still yet the wife goes on forever like an idiot and not "getting it".

Yes, she was an idiot that night with Mark but no one seems to want to write an intelligent woman on LW. Its almost like th emen here think they're smarter than woman are.

Still just another unneeded rehash.

ManoBlueManoBlueover 3 years ago

This was so unnecessary!

gazlenetakgazlenetakover 3 years ago
A clever horror event for october

This is a clever horror Halloween event so many author's have taken part in. "The story that keeps coming back" like an old 80's slasher villain.

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyneover 3 years ago
Plausible outcome

Congratulations on a plausible outcome. They stay together for the kids, but the magic is gone. What used to be special is now mediocre. Joy is replaced with “it will do.” They eventually drift apart. Yeah, that could happen. It might be interesting to get some of Linda’s point of view. I would like to hear her say that the night with Marc wasn’t worth the cost.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another view

Why not look at this when the husband stands up and says "NO!" When as Sholes asks his wife to dance?

Impo_64Impo_64over 3 years ago

She had to stay in California for the story to end...That was unlikely after she had moved with him to far away California...However a good read...4*

MapleMilkMapleMilkover 3 years ago
It didn't convenience me.

It was poorly written with numerous lengthy and confusing non-sentences. He insisted in the strongest terms that the marriage was dead and then--continued the marriage. It was just kind of stupid.

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

It was ok, the RAAC was very shakey and after the butt fight, the plot didn't agree with me.

RAAC was kinda ehhh, I didn't feel like Linda had much penance or sacrifice. MC just copped everything with being the public enemy, bad friendships, slandering, the revulsion, the cheating wife (she didn't defend him either) and the butt fight. He became a great dad but nothing else happened to rebuild the relationship that justifies the RAAC. They had sex then they got better so i.e. she slept her way in. "As the weeks passed our sex life returned" just skipped far too much plot to reconcile again reasonably, especially if you are started from square one. It really should've been a dead bedroom, loveless, co-parent relationship.

Following above point, the amicable divorce just hit me the wrong way. Firstly, hiding your asset isn't easy, you have to declare income and assets. One look at your pay statement and her lawyer would've launched an investigation. Lastly, Linda just won all the way, she cheated yet she kept her marriage, little penance (as before), now she gets a divorce with substantial assets. Walking away with 2.5m is a meager 'win' if you think about it and the PA thing at the end is just stupid, sexual harassment and ethical code of conduct would've led him out the door within the week.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The initial..

dialogue with Linda was both appropriate and strong, but it went down hill from there. No man in his right mind would stay with a "Linda". What she did was utterly unforgivable, and the life lesson taught to the children by rewarding her adultery by staying with her is toxic. It is also beyond imagining that Jim and Linda could put in 10+ years of Oscar worthy acting performances in front of the children. By staying with her even after the children graduated from HS, Jim cucked out completely. I admit that the plotting and character development in the original preclude a completely satisfactory alt version, but this introduced new improbabilities and imbecilities. I think the only way to at least improve the original would be to make "Jim" consistent, i.e. to write as a having the spine and good judgment he showed immediately following the betrayal. Ditching the absurd "LW" and "Ellen" characters is also a must.

As a side note, the author should get credit for recognizing that pro football players are typically far from studs because of the physical damage the game inflicts and the drugs that are used to manage pain and other conditions. The typical (note that I said TYPICAL) pro by the age of 30 is out of the league, bankrupt, divorced, and has a drug habit (typically pain pills). The Bradys, Mannings, etc. are the exception. In many cases, the libido impairment starts relatively early in a pro's career because of the pounding their bodies take as a pro and have taken in high school and college.

The are LW cliches that really ought to be retired. In this story, "You can't turn love off like a light switch" is one, and another is "Linda was a good person, she was a good mom..." Neither of these is true. Given what Linda did, it would throw the switch for almost all husbands, and no "good person" would do what she did to betray Jim and her family. That betrayal also makes her far less than a "good mom".

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

Well that was nicely surprising. Definitely the most real world response, and excellently penned. After His move to London your story was complete - you didn’t even need the ‘what goes around comes around’ ending for LaValliere. As you implied, it simply wasn’t relevant any more. This ending was really good. If I‘m forced to compare apples to oranges, I think my favorite. Thanks much!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Didn't want to leave SoCal?

Schwanze1, after two tours in Germany for a total of six years and several months of work related trips to bases in the UK I can understand the reluctance to leave the warmth of SoCal for the cooler wet weather of England. But to be honest if I had the chance to go back to either country I'd move without a seconds hesitation. Of course a move to The Netherlands would be even better in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It was reasonable and plausible.

Linda spent the rest of her marriage paying for the one night with Mr. Magic Dick, and she limped along with the program, for the children. It is odd she finally made her last choice that ended her marriage not for sex but for . . . house, neighborhood, friends, location? Her crippled marriage finally became less fun and less satisfying than just staying within her comfort zone. She finally buried the marriage she killed, but couldn't let go of. And it sounds like she suffered no financial and not much emotional pain with the parting.

I guess if the cuckold hubby is OK with the money he squirreled away as the price for keeping the whore then who am I to criticize. Its his dickless self he has to live with. I hope he marries the Romanian, and then finds out what getting fucked over Really feels like, from a gypsy. He'll be groveling back to Linda within 5 years, penniless.

A decent sequel. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It’s probably a somewhat realistic take on what could ultimately happen, minus the sex that is. I don’t see that happening unless the guy has no pride at all. He even said it early on that he gave everything he had and she showed it wasn’t good enough.

I gave it three stars. I don’t think he improved on the original (more on that later), so if he rated the original as “meh”, the least I can do is rate his as equally “meh”.

As for the original, while I hated the ending, I gave it five stars. Great stories make the reader think and they sometimes make the reader leave his or her comfort zone. The original did that, which is why I gave it five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

Thanks a good ending to an irritating story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Read It

Read it because it was only 2 pages. Not much there to like. A man with decent arguments and no back bone. Two stars.

Heck he said it: Good mother and a shitty wife. Dump her, stay connected to the kids and find a better wife.

Divorcing after 20 frigg'n years is rather incidental.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 3 years ago

We have a new winner for the worst February Sucks story. Your “lukewarm” tale made want quit right from the start. Mainly, that is NOT where you join the story IN PROGRESS! It’s like waking up on the freeway at rush hour. But you never gave a reason for him to actually stay with her, let alone take her to California. And then you use the cheating as the reason for the divorce 20 years later when his job takes him to London?!?

Clearly the case of the drunk guy on karaoke night saying why not me? lol

dante22dante22over 3 years ago
OH WELL....

Good read Weak ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Nope. Not an improvement or anything of value to add.

Next!

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

"Then, alternative versions started showing up - many taking a harder stance and a few going totally BTB."

Bullshit, aside from Saddletramp's every one was a raac of one strip or another, when I read that line in the forward I knew it was another cuck tale

skruff101skruff101over 3 years ago

The original and the innumerable alternates fail to accept the inevitable and incontrovertible truth that hubby would not have been there when wifey turned up in the morning.

The premise that he would put up with the BS for his kids is catnip for the authors who post here, it allows them to document the internal struggles and angst of accepting life as a cuckold for the sake of the kids, giving them the excuse to write page after page of unrealistic nonsense.

No need for the interminable conversations about forgiving a one night stand, confrontation is pointless when dealing with someone who believes they’ve done no wrong, just walk away and keep just a little self respect.

One night or a thousand the result will be the same, a cheater who now knows their husband will get with the program whenever the itch presents itself.

In continuing with the marriage he has accepted the title of cuckold, acquiescence of his new role is a clear indication of his desire to embrace this paradigm.

I keep reading the many iterations of this ‘February’ string in the forlorn hope that at least one contributor will have hubby walking away that night, start the divorce and let the chips fall where they will. It will be short but immensely satisfying. Something that cannot be said for the majority of the posted drivel.

After all that I think it was well written (with a few minor errors) though misguided, let’s see what other stories this budding Hemingway can come up with, but adding nothing to an already exhausted storyline is wasting talent.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
the excuse was that this was an ending

that you would include her in any decision with his life was idiotic. She made her choice and it wasn't him. This was just another attempt to justify him being a willing cuckold by staying with her. Kids survive divorce, and the fact that he would even find her attractive is unbelievable .

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
In the middle

Was not the worst one . But could have been way better . Gave it a 3 stars . Middle of the road score

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago
He was a cheater

The author really does not understand real life if he thinks that the husband could have hidden such significant assets from a divorce. Even if he did, the husband ended up a real and consistent cheater.

I am OK with BTB ending, but not with endings that glorify criminal actions, or, as in this case, plain fraud. Authors, like all other people, need to live by the same code that they impose on others.

Also, story really needed editing, as, e.g., -- "Linda is trying to convenience Jim" instead of -- convince--.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@HIV Re: "Wife claims to be madly in love with her husband and claimed at this changes nothing and that her feelings towards him has not changed at all." - I don't often agree with you, but this one is easy, maybe because I have said similar things myself! "I love you just as much as I did before this." Yeah, she loves him just as much as when she cheated on him!

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Yeah, it’s a 3/5 from me as well. I still Saddletramp1956 the best and Hooked1957 the second best stories so far. I would like to see a complete version from Vandemonium as I think it would be brilliant. Who else agrees??

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Not bad (4 star) if you accept the premise that he accepted the role of cuckold for the sake of the children and she resumed the role of the faithful, selfless wife she was the previous ten years - of being a perfect wife. But, the original had her claiming she was the same after, as she was before that fateful night. She hadn't changed. That's the truth never addressed. In the original, and every subsequent version, her pleading is ignored. If she believed she could get away with what she did with minimal consequences, it was because she had gotten away with other (probably not this out of line) instances before. Often enough, that she is shocked at his response this time. That is the disconnect problem with every subsequent version. None have gone back and gave a history to what lead up to this incident (she was never the perfect wife. If she was, she wouldn't/couldn't have done this). She was always selfish. He was always tolerant. He was never a victim, he was an enabler. Someone needs to tell that story and then either show the journey to reconciliation or divorce. Until someone does, no version will be realistic or satisfying.

ZBSKRNZBSKRNover 3 years ago

Thank-you for writing this but why did you bother? No RAAC, no BTB, no retribution, really kind of an empty ending.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Decent story, but I don't like your take on it. She willingly and publicly humiliated him on what was supposed to be their special day. I understand that the kids are important, but I couldn't live with her after that. You didn't discuss how the family reacted - you can bet the parents and siblings would have opinions. Your story presents a new challenge due to the move. On one hand he should have gotten divorced (or at least started it) then moved, or started the divorce after they moved to California. Why didn't you have them go to counseling? What about a post-nuptial agreement? There are a lot of things you didn't consider or cover in your story - take care of the loose ends.

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsover 3 years ago

OK, this is probably the last version of 'Football Cock Slays Stupid Housewife' that I'll read but I gave you good marks nonetheless.

MFH

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Eh...

This kind of just sucked. It didn't work for anyone, really. Just the truly undecided, feckless wastes of space that life has too many of.

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 3 years ago

1* Waste of time reading this aimless wimpy cucky story.

mindmeld31mindmeld31over 3 years ago

The marriage is dead, but he stays with her for 20 years? Says he doesn't love her, but then acts like nothing really happened?

The story just didn't seem like a follow-up to the original, it's like a completely different story. Very disconnected and not easy to follow the writing, especially in the beginning.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
“I bent over backwards to be a good dad to my kids...”

I can see where he did do all that for the kids. I think a good dad. The one anomaly was that 4th of July party they didn’t go to. If everything was for the kids they would have gone.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Comments about the foolishness/stupidity of staying in a loveless marriage —

Everyone going on about staying in a loveless marriage being impossible — grow up. This isn’t fairyland we live in. A lot of time people have to live with the best choice among several bad situations. And in this case Bill thought keeping the family together, irregardless of the wife being a bad wife (I have to make the assumption she was a good mother), was the best of the bad choices.

At this very instant, there are probably at least a million loveless marriages around the world (heck some of them might be hateful marriages) that are staying together “for the kids”. It’s very common.

My mother moved out of the master bedroom into the living room/den when I was in high school (I never found out why) and stayed there. About 10-11 years later, a few months after the youngest sibling finished graduate school, my dad STATED, “We’re moving to Hawaii.” My mother said, “Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.” and they separated. They never divorced, but they never again lived together until their deaths ~25 years later.

They stayed together “for the kids”. It happens.

KingBandorKingBandorover 3 years ago

There's nothing wrong with February. It is the premise of the story that sucks.

Wife and hubby go out dancing with friends. Wife declares she will only dance with husband, then immediately throws everything away to dance, then spend the night fucking a lothario she never met before, without even a word to hubby. Wife has no regret, no remorse and expects life to go on as before.

Martian slut ray. Completely unforgivable.

That's it.

Please NO MORE!

KB

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I think your version failed becaus

linda never actually tried....

she didn't actually DO anything

the only effort she put in was to initiate sex....that's it.

and i'm sorry to tell you author.....husbands and wives are SUPPOSED to do that

at best you can say you retold linda as putting in almost zero effort. she didn't offer him the chance to humiliate her, to punish her, and she still hung her affair over his head. she still thought her affair was pleasant and memorable, the NIGHTMARE she foisted unto him. no amount of talking fixes that....

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 3 years ago
Falls short

Not the same level of emotional upheaval as George Andersons. Life is too short to waste 20 years with a woman you don't trust. The kids will be okay. Kids are resilient.

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago
Fell short for me also,

I feel he should have divorced her ASAP, but the issue concerning the kids is problematic. Is Jim to be condemned to misery forever, account of her infidelity?

Ok, so if Jim's decided strategy was to hang in for the kids, then a number of adjustments should have been addressed. First, assuming that she is desperate to prove her love to him and have him trust her again, she should have been required to trust him by signing a post nuptial agreement, where her share of assets in the event of divorce were defined... her getting little.

Second she should have been forced to sign off on several free hall passes for him. Nothing aids understanding like going through betrayal yourself.

Then when the kids are educated, & the reconciliation has not worked, he can ditch her without giving her 60% of their assets.

matuateneiramatuateneiraabout 3 years ago
A very satisfying ending to me

I thoroughly enjoyed this version of the possible outcome of "February Sucks". I can identify with the marriage situation of loving a partner but not being "in love". In my experience the not being "in love" is a variable situation. It is having a loving partner with benefits. The benefits with a loving partner can be the same as "in love" from time to time. Passion is not constant situation. It can vary in intensity. Raising children is a fulltime business. With a loving partner it is enjoyable and fulfilling. You do not have to be "in love" for that to be true. I think onewildjuan has captured that situation extremely well. So when you carry on after infidelity, such as Jim and Linda, you have lost something but sex is still 10/10 and raising the children is still 10/10, and Jim nursing his finances to keep his future options open was still happily married. So maybe the marriage overall slipped to 8/10 but that is still excellent. Going nuclear and getting divorced because of one and done does not seem to me to be the best outcome for the family. I thank the author for presenting, for me, such a deeply satisfying and realistic story.

TreymonTreymonabout 3 years ago

His love died . It was articulated well. And then a contrived RAAC was pasted on until it wasn't.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

1 for this overcooked version.

The original story was just too flawed and any attempts to remake it, go down in flames with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The rationale presented arguing Marc had no vow of loyalty to the MC is totally specious. Like all members of society, Marc had an obligation to honor the MC's lawfully established marital union. By failing to respect the marriage, Marc disrespected every member of the MC's nuclear family. He stole something irreplaceable from the MC and his children. The MC in this variant of FS simply is too weak and timid to avenge himself or his legacy.

Rationalization is very useful tool for those who are impotent or cowardly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Children are NOT always a reason to stay together. In this case, nothing would justify staying with the slut. IRL, parents like these staying together would invariably create a somewhat toxic home environment, and "Jim" just taught his children that you can commit the most heinous betrayal and get away with it. The original was inconsistent, cliche ridden, and absurdly plotted. This doesn't fix it; nothing can. The RAAC was just as unprincipled as in the GA version, and thinking Marc owed Jim nothing is bullshit. Marc owed Jim what every man owes to a husband....namely, not engaging in adultery with his wife.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 3 years ago

Of course he should have gone after LaValliere.

Hitting him with karma through author fiat is not the same.

It's a story, not real life. If I wanted something so anticlimactic and bereft of catharsis, I would watch the news.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Well

So what did he do? Nothing. Lived life love less. Not a great sequel.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

It was well written

Unfortunately more real than many would believe.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

NO!! Hit most of my ideas of stupidity and/wimpy cuckold. Friends! Hell no I don't want them. Aid and abet the other spouse! Not friends. Love get real. If you love someone and they do that then hate and/or no feelings toward the cheater. Maybe a lot later some forgiveness. Everyone I know who went through divorce caused by infidelity hates other. In 4 cases guys went to jail for beating the cheating asshole. None had any love left for cheating spouse. I know people from farm/factory/upper management etc. AND none had any love left for cheater. I don't know a soul who believes you can love someone and cheat. Let along causing issues with trust and respect. I love authors who cut the love right out. jtwheels

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Missed one . Good mother??!! Always wanted a cheating slut teaching my kids morals etc!!! Tongue in cheek so far in cheek big bulge. Sarcastic!!!! jtwheels

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

Kids get their both parents and he gets a familiar fuckbuddy. It's about the best outcome possible except... he should have fucked her ass!

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Not bad...not the most compelling but it is probably the best of the staying together for the kids addons It's just a yawn....

Ocker53Ocker53over 2 years ago

I was going to give it a 4 but changed my mind and gave it a 5 as it was better than most on this particular story theme.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Reread this one and frankly it is a lot less than I previously thought. There is simply no reason for him to not immediately divorce her.,. She is utterly venal to the core and frankly does not ever really regret her cuckolding actions. She only regrets the consequences. He would have better served all concerned by ending it. The children would have bee n hit but they would have gotten over it. Better that than a dead marriage. Frankly it really deserves 3 stars for being so hard to follow and believe.

fritz51fritz51about 2 years ago

First, I have enjoyed the ride offered by GA’s original and the follow-ups. My goal is to read ‘em all.

I was cruising along enjoying this one until half way through when Jim started to have sex with Linda. The reason given was, “she was a good piece of ass,” and as a man, he had needs. In all of the versions that follow this path, I am appalled that a man (and I question that definition of Jim, based on his actions at this point) could stand to be in the same bed with her, let alone have sex with her. This was the exact capitulation that she was counting on. She had her fling, got his dick back, and for her, life went on – no harm, no foul.

Even the idea that he would appear loving with her in the presence of the children is capitulation. He could certainly be civil, but the teasing, hugging, kissing, all being done for the kids’ sake was an excuse he was selling himself to avoid facing being a single dad, and instead, take the path of a cuckold, accepting her atrocious actions of February.

Throughout these versions, one thing that is fairly (though not completely) universal is that she NEVER regretted what she did. She may have been sorry that Jim was hurt, but her arrogance that he should just get with the program, kept showing through in this and other versions.

If decisions were driven by not being separated from his kids, and that meant no divorce, thereby not leaving the house, that is no reason to do exactly as Linda wants and pretend all is OK, while she seduces Jim back to doing his husbandly duties. Alright, stay in the house, just don’t sleep in the same bed with her, move on. Have needs? - Get another woman, Linda cleared the way for that.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 2 years ago

He is just a willing cuck. It is astounding how these lw authors always have the wronged hubby capitulate and go back to sex, as if they are totally helpless and controlled only by dicks. No self esteem, no self respect , just helpless animals. How many would think if the gender roles were reversed, the wife would do the same? No, she would go out and get it from elsewhere. Why not do the same. Instead, this idiot suffer a poor, weak cold marriage for decades, because he lacked the spine to take action. Very bad piece of work.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941almost 2 years ago

Good story, well written. Unfortunately I believe there is only one satisfactory ending to this story once the deed was done and that I to divorce the shallow bitch. The children would be better served in a divided household than a household without love. Just saying!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A decent story but didn't grab me. It WAS well written, but after all the hurt Jim felt, he stated having sex with Linda again? Granted, they wanted the marriage to recoup & work, but how can Jim actually come close to closing the gab in the marriage that Linda made by abandoning him on that special day? Sometimes, staying together "for the kids" is worse than being loving but separated/ divorced. All in all, 3 stars. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Meh!

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

Celebrity or pauper, infidelity is infidelity. He chose to stay with a cheater. That would make him a willing cuck. But, the whole concept was foolish to start with, anyway.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useronewildjuan@onewildjuan
I was recently thrown out of the Literotician Protection Program (formerly known as the Society to Protect Editors of Excellence from Writers of Egregious Retcheryness) when they realized that I was - in fact - one of “those” writers.

story TAGS