Felicity Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Vicky laughed at the old line as she handed my daughter to me.

"I guess Fay Marie will need a passport too now that I think about it," I said. "Her birth certificate with her real name needs to be filed quickly. We are short on time on that but we can wait until we can have your married name on the passport."

"My married name. That sounds so weird.

Would there be a toothbrush I can use?"

"There should be a new one in her vanity drawer. You can take a shower if you want. Fay Marie and I will just lay here and make out for a while."

"Vicky giggled and said, "Thanks, I think I will."

I had a rough copy of the pre-nuptial agreement Fay had placed on the coffee table earlier and read it as Vicky took her shower. I smiled at the additions Mom had made in her handwriting during the negotiations with Fay. Mom lined out one item, the one that specified that the marriage would be dissolved in a year.

Mom was not going to give up her granddaughter without a fight, or so I thought at the time.

Fay Marie was sound asleep and draped over my chest when Vicky came out of the bathroom. My camera was still on the dresser so Vicky took a picture of us.

That would become her favorite picture ever.

I tried not to stare at her body as it moved sensuously inside my much-too-large for her t-shirt.

Vicky said, "We need to talk about the marriage thing. Fay does not have room for the baby and me. I will need some help in moving out of my parent's house. I will not be able to afford to live in this neighborhood but I will try to...... why are you laughing?"

"Because Mom and Fay have all of that in writing," I said as I handed her the pre-nuptial rough draft.

"The agreement includes a clause that states that you would live here, so this is your bedroom. You are a full time college student whose education expenses will be covered through your masters degree."

"I get to go back to school?" Vicky exclaimed with a sob. "I live here? This is my bedroom?"

She giggled past a tear and said, "This room is as big as Fay's whole condo. This bed is bigger than her bedroom. That is the biggest bathroom and the best shower I have ever been in."

"Don't worry, it will feel like home soon. You have become a member of our family. It is very likely you will never set foot in your parents house again."

I sat up and placed our daughter between pillows on the bed. As I started to leave the room Vicky made a move to hug me but stopped herself.

So I hugged her.

She whispered, "I feel like I just landed in the middle of a fucking fairy tale."

"Hey, no fucking cussing in front of our child."

"Yes sir," she said as a big smile interrupted the path of another tear down her cheek. I extended our hug as I kissed the tear.

I eventually released her from my arms. As I closed her door I reminded her that I was across the hallway if she needed anything.

As I got ready to go to bed more of my memory of her returned.

Our hug had told me my body remembered her and remembered her well.

It had never been a fuck between us, which is probably why I did not remember her before, that and being drunk. I was trying to dredge up a memory of getting laid at a frat party.

I should have been trying to remember someone I had made love with.

I remembered being hurt when I went back to the back of the couch and there was no one there.

I remembered spending weeks looking for someone but not knowing who or why.

There was a soft knock on my door as I was putting on my gym shorts before getting in bed. I opened my door and Vicky apologized and asked me to talk her through the pre-nuptial agreement. She thought she understood it but wanted confirmation.

We returned to her room and flopped down on her bed and discussed the agreement. She had everything figured out correctly and I began to wonder what she was concerned about so I asked her.

After a deep breath Vicky said, "Fay and or your Mom crossed out the part where we divorce after one year.

I think they want us to have a real marriage. I want you to know I would never hold you to that. I know I am not what you expected your wife to be and I will never hold back your search for her. I am very happy just knowing you adore our daughter."

I said, "That is very nice of you and you can be assured you have the same privileges. However, I think any sign from either of us that there is someone else in our lives would likely awaken sleeping lawyers.

I do not expect that waiting one year or more will be a burden for me. I have my most difficult classes coming up and you do too. Between school and Fay Marie we have more than enough to keep us distracted. I propose we do not worry about that part at all."

Vicky gave me a great smile and said, "OK, deal. By the way I did not expect Fay to manage this, I was hoping for a quiet settlement and something like joint custody and free visiting rights for you. I never expected her marriage idea would work.

Wow, is my sister ever going to get fired. Her firm just lost a lot of money."

"I am pretty sure Harry saw that was going to happen and that is why he led her into job interview mode."

We were on our sides in her bed facing each other with Fay Marie sleeping between us. We were talking freely and easily. There were no legal entanglements between us. We were so at ease with each other that we fell asleep somewhere in mid conversation.

I woke up briefly in the middle of the night and watched Vicky change and feed our daughter. When done she placed Fay Marie on my chest and went to the bathroom as I burped my daughter. By the time she returned my baby and I were already asleep.

What had begun as the most threatening evening of my life had ended peacefully, happily.

Youneverknow.

When I at last awoke that Thursday morning the first thing I noticed was that I needed to get ready and go to class. The second thing I noticed was that the clock I was looking at was the one in my sister's room. By the time I made it across the hallway my head had put it together and I was wondering where Fay Marie and Vicky were.

I took a quick shower, dressed and went to the kitchen for a quick breakfast. I saw a note for me on the refrigerator that said, "We have gone shopping. Do not go to your afternoon class."

I was a bit miffed that I would not get to see my daughter before class but I managed.

I did not like to skip classes but the afternoon class was a lab that could be easily made up so I was fine with that. I expected that we had to make a court appearance or something.

When I returned home I was still alone. I was just about to fall asleep on the sofa when Vicky and Mom burst into the house. I was handed the baby bag and my baby and told, "Here, change her."

I thought it had been a joke but they immediately walked out of the door and back into the car.

Fay Marie was getting very upset. I told her, "Sweetheart, you have been placed into the arms of an incompetent. Be nice to me."

Fortunately I had followed the previous nights diaper change closely and I had an idea what to do.

Getting her wet diaper off got Fay Marie into a better mood immediately. However I had just about ruined her mood by the time I had her new diaper on.

After a few kisses and whispers of endearment she decided to forgive me and smiled.

I held her in my arms as I related to her the improbable finish to our baseball team's season. She seemed surprised to hear our team was in an actual winning streak but I assured her it was true. As I began to recount their last win I realized I was not alone, Mom and Vicky had been listening in on us and were grinning ear to ear.

They snapped out of it and I quickly found myself packing a bag, our plane to Las Vegas was leaving in two hours.

"Is Fay coming with us?" I asked.

"She is meeting us at the airport," Vicky said. "She is filing Fay Marie's birth certificate."

"Why are we in a hurry?" I asked Mom.

"Because the only time slot Fay could find at a non-cheesy wedding venue that was not already booked forever is tomorrow night at 8:30. We need to get your wedding license and certificate papers before then. We have until midnight tonight and most of tomorrow but you know I never expect anything to go smoothly."

Where are we staying?"

"The Mirage. Vegas is full. according to Fay. A big convention of some kind. But we did get two rooms. You and Vicky keep your hands off each other for a change."

Vicky and I both blushed which pleased Mom immensely.

"Put this on," Mom said.

It was a baby sling pouch that was worn like a reverse backpack.

My daughter was going to be riding with me.

Fay Marie got us on the plane ahead of everyone else. Vicky sat with me, (and our baby), and Fay sat with Mom.

It was my first lesson in the complex logistics involved when traveling with a baby. We had a lot of stuff. I was glad the baby pouch allowed my hands to be free.

My daughter slept right through take-off and slept until we were almost two hours into our flight at which time she began to complain about something.

I told Vicky I would take her for a diaper change but she pointed out that we had an empty seat between us and we could change her there.

After I lifted the armrests and put down her changing pad we did just that, or I did with her supervision.

Vicky thought I had done well. So did the stewardess that had watched me intently. She patted my shoulder before she resumed her journey to the galley.

Vicky then got ready to breast feed as I handed our baby to her. Before she covered her bare breast I may have emitted a small sound. Vicky giggled as she leaned to me and asked me, "What, are you hungry too?"

"Famished," I said with a wolfish grin.

"Masher," she said with a grin.

I looked across the aisle ready to protest my innocence but Mom and Fay were snoozing.

I took my daughter and burped her while Vicky went to the restroom. Fay Marie was sound asleep and back in my pouch when Vicky returned.

Vicky closed her eyes and did some snoozing too.

After a while she moved around in her seat to get more comfortable and ended up leaning on me with her head on my shoulders. I turned a bit towards her to make her more comfortable.

Before I closed my eyes I saw Mom was looking at us with a grin on her face.

I do not know why I did so but I felt myself blush.

I did not take a nap but I remained in place until the pilot announced we were on final approach.

Our luggage was there by the time we made the long trek to the carousel and Mom got us a limo to the hotel. We made it to our rooms and Vicky and I were pleased to see a bassinet in the room.

I was conflicted when I also saw two queen beds in the room.

Mom said we had ten minutes to get refreshed then we were going to the courthouse. It was just before three in the afternoon Vegas time.

We were dismayed at the number of people in line for marriage licenses but we stood in line for a lot less time than we had expected. Many of the people that appeared to be in line were family and friends of the couple applying for the license and the lady at the counter was very quick and efficient. Much to our surprise the lady only asked for our drivers license, and the fee.

We were back to our hotel well before five.We had over twenty-four hours with nothing to do.

Of course, we were in Las Vegas.

Mom and Fay went directly to the casino while Vicky and I went to the ticket desk. I got us tickets to Mystere for that night and for the Blue Man Group for the night after our wedding. On our wedding night I thought I would take us dancing. It never occurred to me to ask Mom and Fay if they wanted to join us.

Vicky and I returned to our room and took the time to fill in some certificates that went along with the marriage license. One of them was going to be needed for Vicky's passport application and her new drivers license.

We gave Fay a bath and then took turns in the shower. We dressed and did our best to find Mom and Fay. We were about to give up when my phone rang, it was Mom.

"We are at Wynn's. I wanted to see Emeril's restaurant here but have not found it yet. If you two have not eaten already come join us."

"We are on our way," I said to her.

It is not at all difficult to find Wynn's and after perusing their floor plan we found the restaurant easily enough. Mom and I had been to all three of Emeril's restaurants in New Orleans but this one, called Table Ten, was a completely different experience. "Modern chic," Mom called it.

After glancing at the menu the first thing I said to Mom was, "I hope you are buying."

"Yes I am," she said brightly.

I learned that she was on her third drink of the day, Crown Royal on the rocks. I was happy to see that Fay was sipping wine, possibly the only responsible adult at the table.

The meal was terrific and apparently so was the ladies room. Vicky and Mom and Fay went there to among other things change Baby Fay's diaper and were stunned by its opulence. They pilfered a stack of monogrammed paper towels that were twice as big and ten times softer than any they had ever felt. Vicky told me our daughter was going to appreciate it when she felt them on her butt.

Mom asked my opinion of Table Ten and I said, "Nice, different, but I still prefer the one on Tchoupitoulas."

I asked Mom and Fay what their plans were for the three nights we were going to be there.

Mom said, "We are touring the casinos and the hotels tonight. Fay has never been here and it has been five years since I was. Don't wait up for us. Tomorrow after the ceremony I thought we should all go dancing. The night after that Fay and I have a club to try out. It is only open on Saturday nights. Did you have anything in mind for us?"

"Dancing tomorrow night. I am glad we think alike every once in a while. Vicky and I have a show tonight and another day after tomorrow," I said. "That one is an early show so I was hoping you could baby-sit for us.

It is going to loud in there. We should be back before ten."

"That should be OK. We did not plan to go to the club until after ten.

"How can a club survive if it's open just once week?" Vicky asked.

"We don't know," Fay answered. "We assume there is something else going on in the building on weekdays."

"Oh, one important thing," Mom said. "The three of us are spending most of tomorrow getting ourselves dolled up. You are babysitting.

Don't panic, we will be in the hotel just one loud scream away. One of us will check up on you regularly."

I breathed an incomplete sigh of relief. My daughter was a happy, calm baby but I was a green rookie. I knew that somewhere, sometime soon I was going to find myself in over my head.

It was then that it occurred to me that Mom was the only one of us with any experience at all. Vicky had six weeks of on-the-job training but I was sure there were hundreds of situations she had not faced. I was very glad that we would be under the same roof for a while.

"What show are you seeing tonight?" Mom asked.

"Mystere and we better start that way. Thanks for dinner Mom."

We exchanged kisses and they headed for the casino as we headed for our show.

We left Wynn's and made it to Treasure Island, or T I as they call it now, in plenty of time. Vicky gave Fay a pre-emptive feeding then we ambled to our seats.

Our hotel must have had its own stack of tickets because we got good seats for a sold out show just hours before the performance. I decided that I needed to do some math on my credit card to see how much of a premium I had paid.

I did notice that someone had signed our tickets. Mom and Dad had stayed at the Mirage on each of their trips and I wondered if they still had VIP status. I was a junior so maybe?

I loved Mystere and Vicky was enraptured by it. Watching her wonderment and hearing her laugh and gasp made whatever I paid for the tickets a bargain.

After the show I got her a Mystere souvenir shirt.

As we walked back to the Mirage we held hands.

We were in our room before Fay Marie stirred again. I changed to gym shorts and a t-shirt while Vicky took care of our baby. I then rocked and talked to Fay Marie while Vicky changed.

When she came out I had to whistle. She was wearing a long, silky, deep black nightgown with lots of folds. She looked stunning in it.

"I take it you like it. Your Mom bought it for me this morning.

Wow, I can't believe it was just this morning.

In fact everything in my suitcase and the suitcase itself she bought for me this morning. We owe her a lot of money."

"No problem," I said. "She will take IOU's."

We put Fay in the bassinet and got in our separate beds. We watched the Vegas attractions channel for a while and Vicky concluded that we had no chance to see and do much in our short stay.

Our bodies were still on central time and we were soon yawning. I turned the TV off and Vicky thanked me for taking her on the best date ever. We wished each other a good night and turned out our lamps.

I debated whether I should have given her a goodnight kiss, it had been a fabulous date.

Thirty minutes later I was still trying to find a comfortable position.

"Can't sleep?" Vicky asked.

"Oh, probably worried about tomorrow. Not the wedding, the babysitting. And you?"

"I am not at all worried about your babysitting."

"The wedding then?"

"Yeah, I guess. This is all too good to be true. My baby is going to get a father that adores her. I am about to get a mother-in-law that has shown me more affection in one day than my own mother has shown me in years. I'm afraid it is a dream."

I got out of my bed and joined her in hers. I slid my arm around her waist and snuggled against her back. I kissed her shoulder and said, "Then let us dream together."

I felt her sobs.

I caressed her shoulders.

I kissed her hair.

Her sobbing ebbed.

She snuggled to me.

We slept.

When I woke up on my wedding day I was again alone. Vicky and Fay Marie were not in the room. It was the second time it had happened and I decided I did not like it that much. I reasoned that the person you went to bed with should still be there when you woke up.

It did occur to me that I had often wished for the opposite to be true.

I concluded that Mom had decided to honor the superstitions regarding the bride and groom not seeing each other the day of the wedding. She apparently did not consider the event as just a business deal.

Mom called me as I finished getting dressed and told me to go eat breakfast, that I had about an hour before my first duty shift began. I ate at the buffet then returned to the room. Mom came over to the room about twenty minutes later and handed me the baby bag and the baby.

She said, "Fay Marie just ate. You will only have entertainment and diaper duties for a while. At lunch either Fay or me will pick her up and she will go to lunch and you can too. Your long shift is this afternoon but you will have a break before you need to get dressed.

This is the address to the chapel, take a cab no later than 7:45 P.M.; we will already be at the chapel. We will have a limo at our disposal the rest of the night. Son, I love you. I am proud that you have no reservations about doing the right thing for your daughter."

I hugged Mom and told her it was not a problem. I smiled to myself when I realized I was telling the truth.

The day went by easily enough. Fay Marie slept most of the morning and I only had one diaper change to perform. At about the time she became hungry Fay knocked on my door and took her away. I did not go to lunch but instead fussed with my suit and ironed my shirt for that evening. By the time Mom returned with my baby I was more than ready to get her back.

I did a quick diaper change even though she did not need one then we went to see the concierge. I asked her about places were dinner and dancing were possible. She began to rattle off the usual attractions but I stopped her in mid spiel.