Feminine Intuition Pt. 05

Story Info
Gina in the hands of Zaihad.
3.4k words
4.54
1.8k
2
0

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 07/08/2023
Created 04/14/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Gina- Border of Pakistan and Afghanistan 4.12 am

It was in the cold air of the mountains that greeted Gina and Selma as they climbed, stiff-legged, from the black Land Cruisers. They were shown inside, a dimly lit house set back amongst paved paths and well-tended gardens. Upon entering, the house was rosy with ornate brass lanterns and subdued lights and smelled sweet with incense candles and exotic spices. Gina was shown upstairs by a middle-aged scarved Pakistani woman and taken to a bedroom. Upon entering, she was shown the en-suite bathroom and a covered tray with both dried and fresh fruit, bottles of water and pieces of hard biscuit, with small pieces of soft, fresh-smelling goat's cheese. The woman smiled, pointed to a fresh set of long night clothes, and then left her.

The door was locked but Gina was now too tired to care. She eat her fill of the food, drank two of the water bottles dry and found toiletries in the bathroom. Within an hour, she drifted off to sleep in the soft satin bedclothes. The dreams came hard and fast. She dreamt of Joff and her abduction, of her children and most disturbingly, her suave, handsome dark-skinned captor.

She woke, as the sunlight flooded through the slats, in the bedroom. She stirred and looked around the room. She hadn't noticed the room much last night. It was simply furnished but light and airy. The bed was excellent and supportive and she could tell it was expensive. The whole impression of the room and what she could remember about the house looked well-maintained and even opulent. Her musings were interrupted by a sharp knock at the door, and it opened. In case the small,scarf-wearing woman from the night before. The woman brought in a ray with an ornate coffee pot and a small round cup.

Gina stood up and walked into the en-suite bathroom, relieved herself and used the toothbrush and paste in her small zip bag. At least, her captives had brought her a few comforts with her when she was taken. She was left for an hour, to gather herself. Gina used that time to dress herself in fresh clothes left by the small woman. She looked out the window and saw the mountains, shrouded in the distance and then to the activity in the garden, below. Both uniformed men and women came and went, and she saw Zaihad once or twice, talking to different people. He was dressed in a khaki uniform, with gold-coloured insignia on the collar of the shirt. He was an athletic man, the others around him followed his orders and she possessed an air of authority. She saw him look up at her, Gina moved back away from the shutters. She moved to look again, and he was gone.

The door opened and Gina looked over as Selma, now dressed in a similar khaki uniform, entered, and matched the headscarf.

"I hope you slept well, Mrs Caine. Colonel Zahid wishes to see you. Please wear the scarf to cover your head." Selma beckoned her over.

"Are you a soldier? Gina asked.

"I was captive and now I am free. My service to my Colonel is the price of my freedom." She answered simply.

In the garden, the air was fresh but the sun was warm and green and felt peaceful. The surrounding galleried walls were painted white, and Gina found Colonel Zaihad sitting at a small table, sipping a glass of steaming tea. He stood up as Gina approached.

"It is good to see you looking so bright, Mrs Caine, or may I call you Gina? Zaihad smiled and proffered a hand to the empty seat opposite him.

"I suppose as I am your captive, you can call me, whatever you wish." Gina didn't want Zaihad to be in any doubt of her feelings.

"I would prefer you consider yourself our guest." Zaihad smiled. " You are completely safe here. We...I need your help recovering the funds secreted away over 20 years ago." Zaihad turned as Selma approached and handed him the files, and walked back into the building, that Gina had been looking through in the hotel room, back in Stansted. "These were recovered from your room. Please review them and furnish me with your suggestions, on where the funds might be and how they might be recovered. If you are successful, you will be awarded 5% of the recovered funds as a finder's fee and taken to Karachi and placed in the hands of my friends, at the British High Commission."

"Are you serious?" Gina was shocked. "Are you going to let me go?"

"Of course. I am not a blood-thirsty heathen, who slaughters hundreds, as your foreign office would have you believe." Zaihad's easy smile returned to his bearded face. Gina noticed his white even teeth and his liquid brown eyes.

"What are you then? Just a kidnapper?" Gina retorted.

"Yes. On that charge. I am guilty." Zaihad.

"Did you set your men to abduct me at my house?" Gina leaned forward.

"No. that was not my doing." Zaihad answered, handing Gina an iPad, "You will see photographs of the two men in the company of a representative of the Taliban and other criminals. It was they, who attacked you." Gina looked at Zaihad, wondering if this was some sort of trick.

Gina swiped through the photographs, scrutinized the images and then looked up. Selma had returned and stood behind Zaihad, she bent down and whispered something in his ear.

"Ah, we have a visitor. Someone who you are familiar with." Zaihad looked over and Gina followed his gaze and saw Mr Collins and Joffrey Mokrani walking towards them. Gina's eyes widened and she placed. Collins wore a wrinkled pale grey suit and carried his usual slim brown suitcase. Joffrey in a well-cut summer weight pale cream suit. Collins walked up and stood beside Zaihad. Joffrey walked over to Gina. She stood and he held her tight in his arms.

"Mr Collins." Zaihad stood smiling warmly and they shook hands.

Gina simply looked up and scowled at Collins.

"Mrs Caine. It is good to see you again." Collins spoke thinly, aware of the consternation he saw in Gina's face." Please allow me to inform you that your children are in excellent health. They are in no danger from Colonel Zaihad or myself. Also, Mr Mokrani, as you can see is fully recovered and accompanied me to ensure your safety in these trying times."

Gina breathed. She was relieved to know that her family was safe and that Joffrey was there with them. "Can I believe you, Mr Collins? As you seem to be in cahoots with my kidnapper?"

Zaihad chuckled. " Mr Collins is here in an unofficial capacity as a representative of your government." Zaihad took a moment to see Gina's face, her eyes were bright and her pale skin was quite lovely.

"You are from the government?" Gina repeated, her skin flushed.

"Mrs Caine, her majesty's government has to deal with many people, who are...not able to be...welcomed openly by the PM in the gaze of the media." Mr Collins offered. "The mission, I set before you is still the same. We, the government of Great Britain do not want the sum of millions of dollars in the hands of either the Taliban or The Government of Iran or Pakistan. We would prefer the money to be recovered and put to good use."

"By propping up a warlord, like Colonel Zahid?" Gina said quietly.

Zaihad laughed out loud, he was suddenly amused by Gina's forthright manner. "Indeed, Gina! Her Majesty's government would prefer me to be here, as an independent entity, rather than my homeland being swallowed up by Taliban insurgents or Pakistani soldiers or anyone else who would turn my home not a burned-out battlefield."

Gina looked at the two men and then tossed the file on the table. "I don't know anything."

Joff couldn't take any more. He stepped forward "Gina is not trained for this." He wanted to defend her, but he regretted making her sound vulnerable.

"We will help you uncover anything that might lead us to the fund." Zaihad smiled and asked Selma to escort Gina inside. We will speak again this evening. Please take your time with the material. I know it is hard but please believe me, you will be safe here."

Selma and Gina started to walk back to the house, but Joffrey followed them. Selma turned "What can I do for you?"

Joff looked at Gina " I would like to talk to Gina, if that's anything to do with you?" He could feel his hostility rising despite the precarious position he was in. Gina stepped forward. She wanted to hug him but couldn't equate the dynamics of him being here. She frowned.

"How are you here? I mean what are you doing here?". Gina asked with a swirl of mixed emotions. Gina was pleased that he was unhurt, and she had to restrain herself from letting her feelings out. She wanted to hold him again. She brushed a stray hair from her face and unconsciously bit her lip. Her eyes softened as he looked at her.

"Gina...I can't say how sorry I am. Listen, Collins had spoken about a plan, it's a dirty little plan to find a way to get at the money. I didn't know. The whole thing is out of my hands. "Joff looked shamefaced and looked over his shoulder at Collins and Zaihad, "It seems that we are now allies, of sorts. Collins has in deeper than even I thought."

"Enough! ", Selma ordered, " Mrs Caine and I will be going inside now" Selma injected herself between them.

"Please... "Gina pleaded but Selma took her arm firmly and led her away. Joff looked after her, wanting to follow but knew this wasn't the time and not the place. He turned and saw Colins sitting with Zaihad sipping tea, like old friends, Joff was very aware that they indeed are exactly that. He walked over to them and stood behind Collins. His face was toned but he felt uneasy and had begun to look after and surreptitiously surveying the immediate area, for Zaihad's personnel.

Zaihad looked up at Joffrey and regarded him with faint amusement." Do not look and try to count my people Mr Mokrani, I am not your enemy." Zaihad smiled and looked across to Collins. Collins simply relaxed back into this chair and sipped his tea.

"Mr Mokrani is an excellent close protection officer, had I not provided you with her location and asked you to spirit Mrs Caine away as you did," Joff's jaw tensed as he listened to the flat even tones of his superior," had you not had that advantage, Mr Mokrani would have made not been such an easy opponent."

With that Zaihad laughed out loud, Joff tensed again and Zaihad smiled " You are probably right Mr Collins. I think you should return him here and continue with his protection duties. Are you ex-army Mr Mokrani?" Zaihad enquired his black hair fluttered in a sudden cooling breeze from the surrounding mountains. His dark eyes scrutinized Mokrani, he was amused by this tall but quite impressive man. "Of course, I know you were with the Yorkshire Regiment in 2009, were you not?" Zaihad stood up and walked over to Joffrey and held out a firm handshake, "I am also honoured to meet another fellow soldier."

Joffrey scowled, "Fellow soldier? Are you army or just strolling about in khaki uniforms?" His voice was tense.

Zaihad's laugh echoed around the courtyard, "I enjoy your sense of humour, Mr Collins I want you to send this man back after you have safely boarded your Raf transport, I am sure he and Gina," Zaihad used Gina's first name to goad Mokrani further, " Will be most useful in this little scavenger hunt."

Joff looked first at Zaihad and then at Collins and back to Zaihad, " Yes, I believe I should stay around, to resume my close protection of Mrs Caine." As the words left his mouth, Joff knew he had played into some scheme that Collins and Zaihad had set up.

Zaihad scoffed at the idea, "You will be doing more than that, my friend."

Mr Collins leaned back, "I shall consider it."

It wasn't until nearly 9:30 in that evening, that Zaihad appeared in the large sitting area. The room was lit with candles in lanterns and had sofas and cushions scattered around. Gina reclined on one sofa, surrounded by the contents of the file. Gina jumped slightly as Zaihad entered with Selma.

"Good evening, Gina. Please don't get up. I am given to understand you have been working all day." Zaihad pointed to the papers and photographs scattered about her." Forgive me, being a warlord takes up most of my time." Zaihad smiled at his joke.

Gina watched him sit and pick up a sheet of paper. "What exactly are you?"

"He is Colonel Aryaan Zaihad, former Officer of the 112th Motorized Infantry Battalion attached to the Northern Army of Pakistan. He is the one man, that was able to stop the violence in this area and broker peace between Pakistan and Afghanistan." Selma's voice was laced with emotion.

"Please, Selma. I retain no real rank here but a little authority and a lot of goodwill." Zaihad smiled. "Gina, I returned to this land, after a lifetime fighting the wars of others. I came back to ensure that the people in these two tiny provinces can live safely and in peace. To achieve that I have had to break my vows and spill blood, that I didn't wish to. The money that was secreted away over 20 years ago, will help to secure that peace. It will buy off the military on both sides and provide economic aid for the people here."

Gina regarded Zaihad closely. She wanted to believe him, she wanted to believe that this handsome, enigmatic figure wasn't some sort of warlord. She wanted to believe that this money would make people's lives better.

"I don't know if this means anything." She began to say. "Joff...I mean Joffrey and I have sort of worked out that any money would have been transferred to a private bank, so no government could get at it." Gina shrugged and looked at Zaihad. In the light of the lamps, his features were softened, and his eyes caught the flicker of the candles. God, she thought he was quite striking, for a warlord.

"Yes, that would make sense. Mr Collins mentioned that...Go on please." Zaihad leaned forward.

"Well..when the three Afghans boarded the plane back in 2002, the one with the British passport commented about 50 camels. He said I'd be worth 50 camels. We believe that he might have been referring to US government payments for unlawful deaths."

Selma nodded. "The US calculated a monetary payment of $2500, the price of a camel, would be a reasonable amount." Zaihad looked up at her. Selma let out a small sigh and Gina saw her stiffen, fighting back some secret loss. Gina wanted to say something but knew it wasn't her place.

"Selma..please..all governments make choices like these because it is all they can do. We have to be better than they." Zaihad stood up and pulled Selma close to him and held for long minutes, as her shoulders shook. Gina looked over and Zaihad caught her gaze.

"Selma has had much to suffer in this life. She has lost so much. Her husband and her little son. She was lost for years and then I found her." Zaihad soothed Selma's hair as she fought for control.

Gina felt her heart lurch. What could she know about life on the other side of the world compared to her safe and ordered life in Britain?

Zahid straightened and Selma found her self-control. She left the room and Zahid sat down again." She will be embarrassed. She hates being emotional, especially in front of strangers."

"I'm sorry." Gina's words felt hollow, "I didn't understand."

"How could you? Please, Gina, don't let Selma's wounds distract you from your task." Zahid waited.

"Well, as I said, the man I knew as Ricky al-Moud, had a British passport and he had been at university. He seems to have been the money man. He had been released from prison only a month ago and had been taken from the street."

"Mr Collins has informed me, that he was taken by those who wanted access to the money. Taliban or others, I secretly believe that it was members of your security services under Mr Collins's control," Zaihad pondered.

"Well, it can only be that he deposited money in a bank, that had been converted to private hands, so the accounts couldn't be seized. It had to be a bank with links across Europe and the Near East. Joffrey and I were discussing which bank when your= and your men took me away."

"Which bank had you considered?" Zaihad asked, his interest piqued now.

"The Habin Bank," Gina announced.

"Why?" Zaihad said dismissively. "That bank is well-respected and even has connections with charitable foundations such as The Aga Khan Foundation."

"And private!" Gina wouldn't let it go. "The bank converted to private hands in 2002, it had branches in London and around the world and Karachi. So how far is it from Karachi to the border?"

"Very well, let us take this little notion for a walk around the room," Zaihad stood up and started to pace.

"What was that?" Gina chuckled and repeated the phrase.

"My Mother used to say that to me. It allowed me to think and express my ideas. She was half English, herself and I was educated in England for six years before I joined the Pakistani army. I was on secondment for two years at Sandhurst. I even studied under Prof.Aryeh Nusbacher before the sex-change operation."

"That's a random fact!" Gina laughed. She suddenly became aware that she had become relaxed in Zaihad's company. Damn, he was a charmer.

"If you were right...let's just imagine. The man you suspected of having falsified papers, Ricky al-Moud, might have been authorised by the people, he worked for to invest money into the Habin bank or indeed others too. That would offer his principals access to the money if they had the right access. Neither Western governments nor Pakistani officials could seize the funds."

"Now, if I am right, the stopping of the aircraft at the airport would have sent the three Afghans into a panic. So what do you think Ricky might do? Would he have simply committed the access codes to memory and kept silent for twenty years?" Gina stood and held out a piece of paper.

Zaihad stopped and took it from her, he smiled at her. He had noticed she had become less tense, and her mannerism had been more relaxed. She had shown immense strength of character and courage, adapting to the situation. She held his attention, unlike the woman he had been around, except for Selma. He felt a growing attraction.

"What is this?" Zahid asked.

"It's just an idea, I had." Gina shrugged. "It's just a thought."

Zaihad looked at the paper, it was covered with scribbles and notes, written by her. "Nice penmanship, my dear," Gina blushed a little but smiled.

"So, you think that the Afghan, Ricky, would have had something on him to suggest the account and the account numbers and codes? That is quite a stretch!" Zaihad stopped pacing and glanced at his watch." It's very late and I must be away early. I have to make my inspection of the villages in the area, I will be gone for a week or ten days. We will talk when I return. You will be looked after; Selma will be here and she and you will flesh out your little theory."

Gina held up her hand, to stop him," Will Joff be returning? I thought he might be here by now?" Zaihad turned and shrugged.

"I asked for Mr Collins to send him back to remain at your side but alas, I fear he has returned to the UK." With that Zaihad bid her a good night and sent in the little scarved housemaid.

End of Chapter Five