Fickled Twist of Fate

Story Info
Mandy loses husband, falls in love with Destiny.
6.8k words
4.6
4.4k
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
amepacul
amepacul
11 Followers

This is a work of fiction in which all characters are eighteen if they engage in sex. There will be scenes of lesbian and gay sex and heterosexual acts. Incest will occur between mothers and sons, step-mothers and stepsons, and step-brothers. If you are not into that, you may want to find another story to read. You have been warned.

There is an extensive backstory. It will take a while to develop it. There will be sex, but I tell stories, and although I don't do the porn angle, I will be explicit in my descriptions of sex acts. They are not the only focus of the story. Hopefully, you will find the content refreshing and unique.

No one under the age of eighteen should read this story. I don't want you to read the story, Literotica doesn't want you to read it, and your parents definitely don't want you to read it.

Please feel free to comment and rate it accordingly if you read this. Any constructive criticism is welcome and encouraged as I become a better writer. If, for some reason, you find the story not to your liking because it's not your thing, please don't crash the rating. I won't change my subject matter. It's just better for you to read something else.

*****

Mandy Dembowski sat straight up in her bed. She had a dream that she couldn't understand or grasp, a malicious image that left one unsure of what it was or meant. It seemed unnatural, with a profound purpose, poised to show Mandy something significantly special yet horrifically consequential. Instead, the euphoria was propagated by the rush of endorphins within her mind. There was no reason the feeling made sense. The common belief would have been that she suffered from an intense dream creating a sense of foreboding. The depraved would have suggested she had a dreaming orgasm, an extreme feeling of completion to an act never restricted by perversity. But, in all honesty, it was simply a nightmare.

She could envision a manifestation of her wonderful, loving, and sympathetic husband in the dream. There was a sense of distress, a sense of longing, a sense of loss. But, to her, the nocturnal vision made no sense at all.

Mandy attempted to return to her dream world. Tossing and turning, removing the blankets to get comfortable, nothing she could do allowed the young woman back into the surrealistic world she had been in. Instead, her dream pushed her in an otherworldly direction. She had a premonition of unusual clarity, suggesting her twelve-year-old son was not okay. Getting up from the bed she and her husband had shared for over ten years, Mandy made her way to her son's room. What she found was beyond astounding.

Her son, Lucas, was writhing uncomfortably. It was as if he were experiencing a similar nightmare. There was something utterly incomprehensible within her thought process. "What is going on?" she thought.

A doorbell rang.

"At this late hour, who would actually come to the house," she pondered. Another sense of premonition came over her that what was about to occur would not have a positive outcome. There was something wrong, she sensed. A matter that was not quite right.

Making her way to the front door and peering out the windows brought a shock. Police stood at the door. Panic flooded her system. "What has happened?" were her initial thoughts.

As Mandy opened the front door, the realization came that the faces of the police did not offer any conclusion as to why they were at her home.

"Mrs. Dembowski?" asked a young female trooper from the Santa Ana division of the California Highway Patrol.

"Yes," she answered.

"May we come in," the lady officer asked.

"What has happened?" Mandy questioned as she invited them into her home.

"Your husband...," the officer started but paused in the foyer. Those few seconds of hesitation relayed everything Mandy had feared. "Your husband has been killed in an automobile accident. A drunk man ran head-on into him, and he passed immediately," she said.

Mandy collapsed.

Mandy realized the same officers were hovering over her when she regained consciousness. "How long have I bee...?" she asked.

"Only for a few minutes," the female officer noted.

Mandy also saw her son, her twelve-year-old baby, watching what was happening. She noticed a terrible expression of horror on his face. Still, there was nothing Mandy could do to alleviate his distress. The young woman somehow knew her child would adjust to their new way of life like she would be forced to.

-----

The funeral of James Edward Dembowski happened quick. There was no serenity, but the fact that the initial ramifications of the death led to nothingness for the bereaved tended to guide the young widow in a sense of panic. Her husband was the breadwinner. He was the one who held down the job. James allowed her to stay home so they wouldn't have to hire a nanny or maid. Of course, the love of her life provided the very best, but now she would have to consider getting into the workforce. It simply meant her and her son's lives were about to change exponentially...unless a miracle happened.

"What will I do?" she thought.

Her husband's company allowed for some compensation. However, that money would not be enough. She needed to survive simply for her eight-year-old son. So her search was on for her next level of employment.

A week later, having no results finding a job, the doorbell rang. A man in a deep blue business suit stood when Mandy opened the door. "I am George Trentino," he said. "I represent the Omaha Life Insurance company. May I come in?"

"Of course," Mandy answered. There had never been a time when she allowed a complete stranger to enter her home, but the young woman felt compelled when he told her who he represented.

"First, I offer my deepest condolences for the loss of your husband," George said.

"I appreciate that," Mandy replied.

His demeanor changed slightly as he sat on her sofa in the small living room. "Do you know Javier Gustanos?" he inquired.

"No, and I don't believe I've even heard the name 'Javier' before," she said.

"That's good. It makes it easier for me to continue. Javier Gustanos is the man who is accused of killing your husband. He is an undocumented worker from Ecuador. He will, for all intents and purposes, rot in jail for the rest of his life..."

"I don't quite understand..."

"I will cut to the chase...Your husband had an insurance policy from his company that would allow you to live your life without having to work. He set it up so that the company would report his death."

"What does that mean?" Mandy queried.

"The insurance policy was for one million dollars, but it had a rider that allowed for double indemnity if he were to be killed in an accident. So in other words, Mrs. Dembowski, I have been authorized to give you a check for two million dollars. One million for the policy, and a second million for the accident clause."

Mandy fainted.

*****

The freedom of not having to work, taking care of her child without hiring a sitter, or placing the child in public school was exhilarating. The money was placed in multiple accounts to ensure the FDIC insured the cash. (FDIC=Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation).

A relieved woman stood before her son and said, "Your life is secure!"

Mandy was a frugal woman, never spending wildly. Her life was richly rewarded by uncompromised sensibilities. However, there was an issue that followed her. She missed her husband, the sex they had, and his cock deeply embedded in her. So, where was her fulfillment going to come from?

One year after her husband's death, Mandy decided to start dating. Her friend, Martha Jo, agreed that it would be great if she began to seek men with an online dating app. Unfortunately, most of the men she found she classified as dweebs. Others interested her but fell short in the sexual department. One even had an orgasm before the couple could focus on the pleasure.

The worst, however, was the man she really thought loved her. When he penetrated her cunt, he pushed into her pussy three times and came. There was no love, no fulfillment, no satisfaction...he just came. When he did, he got off and told her he would return, but he never showed himself again. Life was such in the dating game.

Frustrated with nowhere to go, the young woman ended the facade. There was no longer any reason for dating. A young, wealthy woman with no sexual satisfaction was sad. Of course, she could hire a gigolo to satisfy her itch, but she wanted more.

Fourteen months after her husband's untimely death, Mandy needed to check on the money she had put in several accounts to protect it from fraud. The First National Bank of Omaha saw a side of the woman no one had seen before. Mandy was relentless, asking questions that only she would find fulfilling. After several hours of unrelenting questions, the bank finally convinced her that everything was fine.

As she left the bank, Mandy noticed a young woman sitting under an overpass with a twelve or thirteen-year-old child. Curious, she approached the slightly worn, definitely exhausted figure.

"Hello, I couldn't help notice you sitting here. Are you in need?" Mandy asked the woman.

"Of course I am. I wouldn't be sitting out here with my boy if we had a home to go to," the woman statedly as if she was saying "DUH" to Mandy.

"I am sorry for intruding...I don't really mean to, but is there no shelter you both can go to?" Mandy questioned.

"Shelters aren't safe. I won't go...even for a night's rest. Sam might get kidnapped, or worse."

"Worse?"

"They really don't like children in the shelters. Before you ask, I don't qualify for any of the local halfway houses as I'm not an addict or alcoholic. I don't go to any of the government emergency housing, because I don't believe in owing anyone. The Ronald McDonald houses are for the abused. I am not. There are other programs which might help, but I don't trust them."

"What puts you on the street, then?"

"My husband was an addict. One day he said, 'Fuck It' and left. Four months later, our house was foreclosed on. I was able to live in it for six more months before they evicted me. No questions, no offers to help, they just shoved me out of what Sam had known all his life."

"That's shitty as hell," Mandy commented.

"Tell me about it."

They talked for the next several hours, Mandy explaining what had happened to her, Jame's death and all. She found out the woman's name was Destiny. Finally, as it became dark, Mandy asked, "Would you like a safe place to lay your head down for the night? I have a son, Lucas, who would love the company of someone his own age."

"I don't know you. How do I know this isn't a ploy to take my son away?"

"You don't, but if I had evil intentions toward you and your son, I would have someone around the corner to help me in my task. If something happens to your son, I promise you, I will hold myself personally responsible."

The young woman relented, whether it was the fact that Mandy had worn her down or that she simply was exhausted. A cab was called, and the two of them and Sam entered. The ride was a half-hour away from Mandy's house, but she continuously updated her newfound friend on her location. "I promise you, if you decide to leave during the night, I won't have a problem, and I definitly won't attempt to follow you. I simply want to ensure that you know where you are at all times."

When they arrived at the house, her new acquaintance was amazed. This was a seven-figure home with multiple bedrooms and bathrooms. But, of course, tiny size houses could be classified as seven figures in California. Still, for the most part, the location of this house didn't warrant that. The house was up a private drive in one of the posher sections.

The furnishings were the basic stuff, some antiques, some nouveau riche, nothing that attracted her attention. However, she did notice the family photos on the fireplace mantle in the family den area. There was something vaguely familiar about the picture of the woman's dead husband. Unfortunately, she couldn't place what was up with the photo, so soon, other items drew her attention.

After allowing her new acquaintance to get used to her surroundings, Mandy attempted to settle her guests for the night. Unfortunately, she failed not once but several times as they continued talking incessantly about things. They would speak the next day to decide how they proceed. However, there was no reason in Mandy's mind why she would open her house up to a stranger and her son other than compassion for an unfortunate situation.

The following day found Mandy cooking breakfast. But unfortunately, Lucas had not yet met her new guest. That was going to be awkward, Mandy thought. Her son might or might not take to Sam. He had already been in bed when they got home. The babysitter had made him go to bed according to his regular 9:00 PM routine.

"Hey Mom," Lucas announced as he entered the kitchen, rubbing his eyes from the long night's sleep.

"Hello, young man," Mandy replied. Then, after a pause, she continued. "I know this is going to sound strange, but I brought someone home last night."

"About time, Mom," Lucas smiled, decidedly giddy over the thought of his mother starting to date again.

"No, no, Lucas, it's not like that. I found someone on the side of the street who was in need, and I felt I needed to help her. She has a son about your age who happens to be very vulnerable right now."

"Really Mom! Are you taking strangers off the street now?"

"Lucas, honey, I felt I needed to help her, at least for one night. So I am going to help her find a solution to her dilemma today, once she gets up."

"Hi," Sam said as he entered the kitchen, very shyly, probably hearing a little of the previous conversation. "I smelled something wonderful and had to come see what was cooking."

"Sam, I am cooking biscuits, bacon, and eggs. I also have some fresh fruit to go along with it. This person, sitting at my counter, is my son Lucas."

"Hi," Sam nodded.

"Hi," Lucas replied warily.

"Mom will be down in a few minutes. She has decided to clean up in your guest shower. I don't think she has anything decent to wear in this pretty house, but..."

"Don't worry about it, Sam. I'll go and see about her. She's about my size anyway, so I probably have a dress that will fit her. Lucas, I'm almost finished with the breakfast. Make sure the biscuits don't burn. I'll be back momentarily."

"Sure, Mom," Lucas replied, eyeing his new acquaintance warily.

After Mandy left, Sam looked at Lucas and said, "I know it's a lot to take in, but I don't have any control over the situation either. I listened to both of them last night. Your mother made sense; mine gave the same ole, same ole excuses. Poor us is her mantra. To me, your mom was an angel out of the darkness. I was relieved when mom agreed to take your mom's charity. I haven't slept that good in months."

"Whatever..." Lucas replied.

"Lucas, I don't want to be a burden, but I need a friend..."

"I'm waiting to see what's what."

"Whatever..." Sam replied. Then both of the boys giggled and realized nothing was in their control.

"Do you...game?" Lucas questioned.

"Depends on what game you're talking about?" Sam replied. "I've only played at friend's houses. My dad never bought me a gaming system."

"I guess, at least for the day, I'm going to beat you while you learn."

"I'm looking forward to it."

------------

"Destiny, are you decent?" Mandy inquired at the guest bathroom door.

"Of course not! I don't have anything to wear," Destiny shouted out. "I was about to have to come out in a towel and a prayer that it wouldn't come loose."

"Sam said you were in a situation up here, so I decided to come up and offer you one of my outfits."

"Come on in."

When Mandy opened the door, she stopped. Standing before her was a totally nude Destiny. It was a shock to find the young woman naked and unabashedly so.

"Shut the door, please. I don't want either of our sons to get masturbatory fantasies by accidentally seeing me like this. You, I don't mind. After all, you have the same parts. You're not going to jill yourself over what you see, are you?"

Mandy couldn't help staring. Destiny was almost a carbon copy of herself. In her entire life, there had never been any thoughts of women in her mind. But, in this situation, she was mesmerized by the woman's beauty standing in front of her. There was little to remind her of the perceived frail woman from the night before.

"...or are you?" Destiny's eyes twinkled mischievously.

Mandy simply stared. The atmosphere in that tiny bathroom suddenly became tense. Although she had never seen women as sexual, she was getting damp at the thought of tackling this woman she had only known for a few hours.

"Are you really?" Destiny turned toward Mandy and noticed the lost expression on her face, the woman's eyes scanning up and down Destiny's extreme nudity. "Mandy!" Destiny shouted loud enough.

That incredibly intense sound brought Mandy around. "I... I'm so sorry," She practically screamed. "Here's the outfit... I'm...shit!" Mandy left the bathroom as quick as she'd entered, only now she was crimson from embarrassment.

Destiny was a gorgeous woman, a fact that escaped Mandy the evening before. The heavy coat the woman had worn, the smudges on her face and hands, and the unkempt hair all had hidden the actual looks of the new acquaintance. Not once had Mandy ever looked at a woman glowering and ogling like she did Destiny at that moment. She was so surprised when she understood what had happened; the realization created such awkwardness. The young woman immediately removed herself from the situation. She was so mortified. In fact, she wasn't sure that she could ever face her guest again.

Destiny explained that it was okay. But unfortunately, it fell on deaf ears as Mandy felt totally embarrassed by the debacle. Mandy had never experienced lust for another woman, yet here it was. There was something about Destiny's body that enamored the inexperienced Mandy. The only place to retreat to was her room.

As soon as she entered her sanctum, Mandy sat on her bed. Tormented by what she had just seen and its effect on her, she found her face in her hands. The thoughts crossing her mind filled the young woman with embarrassment and possibilities. Touching herself, she imagined her new friend as an obviously new thrill. But, of course, Mandy would never imagine anyone else in the same situation. Yet, there were phenomenal possibilities.

As Mandy imagined the potential of her imagination, her son was getting to know his new acquaintance, Sam. Although he didn't look closely at him, Lucas found the boy blatantly quiet. The anger that showed in Sam's expression was similar to how Lucas felt when his dad died. The boy couldn't be upset about losing all those games. After all, hadn't he said he had never played the game.

"I'm sorry, Sam. I haven't really gotten used to making friends since my dad passed away. I forgot how bad I felt. I certainly didn't mean to make you feel that way."

Sam glared for several minutes, staring off into the air behind Lucas. There was a thought process going on, but Lucas couldn't make out the intent of the glare. Instead, he imagined Sam staring and then violently jumping on him to beat the crap out of him.

Finally, after several tense moments, Sam backed down. Then, they began to slowly open up to one another. After a while, the subject turned to video gaming. Sam and Lucas finally found common ground. They were both growing boys, loved video games, and thought the other's mom was hot. They were young, but they knew what seemed to be good stuff. Lucas started the gaming session with his favorite game, one he was sure to win. But, after two rounds, he realized his guest was catching on, so soon, he had to work for his victories. Then, after about an hour, he realized he wouldn't win in their latest round. This person, his mom, had brought into his house happened to be a gaming prodigy. No way would he come in and conquer Lucas' reign of domination.

amepacul
amepacul
11 Followers
12