Field of Blooms: The Beginning Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I tried that, and it only made it worse!"

"Okay, I need you to leave the room. Go wait in the kitchen please!"

As Tyler walked by Austin, Austin flinched and screamed, "No! Please don't!"

Tyler sat in the kitchen for what seemed like hours but was, in actuality, only a few minutes. Finally, his mother walked into the kitchen went over to the coffee maker and turned it on. She didn't speak at first, but her body language told Tyler that she wasn't happy.

"Tyler, what happened in there?" She asked as she turned around.

"I told you mom, we were asleep, and he just started screaming."

"That's not what I am talking about. Why did he flinch when you walked past him and why was he screaming that he was sorry to you before I ran in the room?"

"I don't know."

"Tyler Michael Stetser! Please do not lie to me! I love you no matter what, but I will not tolerate lying. Now, I want to know the truth."

For the first time in many years she saw her son do something he hadn't done, he hung his head and started crying. "I used to bully him in school mom."

"How badly did you bully him?" She asked with a very stern tone.

"I'd push him into lockers, trip him, make fun of him, call him names."

"I am extremely disappointed in you! You were raised to treat everyone with respect and kindness. Not to sit there and treat them like dirt!" Clearly angry, it was painfully obvious that Mrs. Stetser was trying to keep her voice down.

Tyler looked up with tear-stained cheeks, "I'm sorry mom."

"Do not apologize to me. Austin is the one you need to be saying that too." She stopped and studied her son, "Is this why you are being so nice to him? To try and make up for the things you have done?"

"Not fully." Tyler paused for a moment, "I like him mom."

She looked into the tear-filled eyes of her son and could tell he was finally being honest about the feelings she and her husband had suspected, "Tyler, no matter what you are or who you like I will always love you, your dad and I both will."

"You mean that?" Tyler looked at his mother as a single tear rolled down his cheek.

"Of course, I do. Your father and I will always support you one-hundred percent." She walked over and gave him a big hug.

"But what about the business and our family image?"

"So, you'll be the first gay CEO of Stetser Aerospace Manufacturing." She said with a smile, "Now as for Austin, if you really do like him then you need to do things the right way. First of which is truly apologizing for the way you treated him."

"I can do that, but I don't know if I'm ready to tell him how I truly feel about him. Especially with the way things went down with him and Eric." Tyler offered as he wiped the tears away.

"And that's fine Hun. You don't have to tell him until the time is right."

"Do you think he will remember his night terror?" He wasn't just asking because he cared but also, he was concerned Austin knew it was him.

"I honestly don't know. Sometimes people do and other times they don't."

"Do you think it's best if we don't tell him?" Tyler hoped his mother would agree.

Luckily for him she did, "At this point I think it would be best not to say anything to him if he doesn't remember. These things can be very traumatic and even embarrassing. Frankly, I can tell Austin would be mortified if he knew."

Relief washed over Tyler when his mother said that, "I guess I should go back in there with him."

"I wouldn't. I know you want to but, since he freaked out when he saw you, most likely his night terror was about something you had done to him."

"I don't want to leave him alone in there."

She thought for a moment, "I made a pot of coffee, I'm going do some work in the office. You can go in there but sleep on a different couch just in case anything happens and, if you need me, you know where I'll be."

Tyler hugged his mom one more time before he headed back down to the theater.

As he was walking out the kitchen door, he turned and said, "Thanks mom, you really are the best. I promise I'll make it up to Austin."

"I know you will son. I have faith in you."

He stopped and looked at Austin, who was sound asleep, before he laid on the couch next to his.

It was early the next morning when Tyler started to wake up and the room was pitch black. When he tried to move, he felt a body pressed up against his. At some point in the night Austin had gotten up and found his way over to Tyler. He strained his eyes to try and see in the darkness and could tell that Austin was still sound asleep. Not wanting to wake him he just laid there, closed his eyes and listened to the soft breathing coming from Austin. Just before he fell back asleep, he felt Austin roll over and nestle his head under Tyler's chin. The two of them slept like that for another three hours before Tyler felt Austin start to move and wake up.

"Good morning." Tyler whispered.

Austin stirred a little more, "Good morning." Then he realized where he was. "Oh my god. I am so sorry! I must have slept walked last night."

"It's okay." Tyler gave him a warm smile.

"I need to go use the bathroom." Austin said as he stood up.

"There's one right out the door and to the left."

Austin quickly walked out and into the bathroom. Once he finished, he went over to wash his hands and saw that his eyes were blood shot. He noticed that his throat felt sore too and there was a slight pounding in his head, all aftereffects of an episode. A feeling of embarrassment flooded him as he wondered if something had happened in front of everyone last night. He sat on the edge of the tub for a minute with his head in his hands wondering how he could face Tyler much less his parents. When he went back into the theater, he saw Tyler putting away the blankets.

"Did anything happen last night after the movie?" He asked as he started helping.

"Not that I know of." Tyler responded without looking at Austin.

"The last thing I remember was taking my meds and falling asleep on the sofa."

"Sounds like that was about it," Tyler said trying to reassure Austin, he hated lying to him.

Since Austin couldn't remember if something did happen, he had no choice but to believe Tyler. After they finished putting the blankets away, they made their way upstairs and to the kitchen where the cook was already preparing breakfast.

"Good morning master Stetser, Mr. Montgomery. Breakfast shall be ready by the usual time of 9am. On the menu this morning are fresh cranberry almond caramel pancakes, with a side of crab cakes, Eggs Benedict, freshly squeezed orange juice and berry brandy crepes."

Austin leaned over to Tyler and whispered, "I would have been good with just cereal and milk."

Tyler couldn't do anything but laugh, "This is our normal Saturday morning family breakfast. It gives us a time to get together and talk since most of the time we are all so busy."

They went back up to Tyler's room to get ready for breakfast. Tyler was the first one to take a shower, then it was Austin's turn. While in the shower Austin realized that he had no idea what you wear to a fancy breakfast and he knew that he didn't pack anything even near appropriate. After he toweled off, he wrapped it around his waist and walked back into the bedroom.

Tyler came out of his walk-in closet and stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Austin standing there in only a towel. The animalistic instinct inside came to life and he wanted nothing more than to pull the towel off Austin, toss him on the bed and devour his cock., but he knew that he had to take it slow.

Clearing his throat, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just don't know what to wear to a fancy breakfast. I didn't pack anything like that." Austin said as he looked through his bag.

"Austin you can wear anything you want. There isn't a dress code you have to follow. We aren't that stuck up." Tyler laughed.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to imply that your family was." Austin offered.

"You didn't and it was a joke." Tyler smiled.

"Oh, okay." Austin smiled back.

Austin got dressed and made his way to the grand dining table where everyone was already seated. Austin sat down next to Tyler and looked at all the fancy food laid out in front of him.

"I would like to say that is very nice to have Austin joining us this morning for breakfast and I hope that you enjoy everything." Mr. Stetser offered as he began to eat.

"Thank you very much for having me, it is an honor." Austin said awkwardly.

Everyone talked about the past week and what they had done. The food was delicious, and Austin enjoyed every bit of it. Once breakfast was over, Tyler suggested that Austin call Becka and invite her over so they could all hang out. When Austin called, Becka was thrilled to be included. He also told her to make sure to bring a bathing suit. About an hour later she showed up and the three of them headed down to the heated indoor pool. The pool was off the back of the house in a giant glass enclosure which overlooked the snow covered back yard. The pool was heated to a nice temperature of eighty-three and it felt good on Tyler's still sore body. Tyler had given Austin one of his bathing suits to wear, which was too big, but Austin tied it tight around his waist.

"Our annual Christmas party is coming up in two weeks and I would like to invite the two of you, and your families, to be my guests of honor." Tyler offered as he slid off of a pool float.

"I wish we could come but my family is flying back to Texas for Christmas." Becka said obviously disappointed.

"I'm sorry to hear that. It would have been really nice to have you here." Tyler turned and looked at Austin, "I know you're going to come, right?"

"I can ask my parents, but I don't see why not."

"Good I hope so. These things are always filled with people my parents know from business dealings and it's really boring for me."

Over the next two weeks, things at school returned to somewhat normal. The memory of Eric attacking Tyler was now old news and the gossip train was onto something else. Even though Tyler was back at school he still had Austin pick him up and drop him off, not that he couldn't drive; he just knew that Austin really loved driving his SUV. During that time, the two of them spent every day together and started getting even closer. Austin found out that Eric had been shipped off to a mental institution, supposedly because he lost his mind but Austin figured that the Mason's paid off some official so Eric wouldn't have to face legal trouble.

Unfortunately, Austin's parents had to work the night of the fancy Christmas party, but Austin kept his promise and went. He didn't have a tux, so he dressed in his best button-down shirt and dress pants. When he arrived at Tyler's house the driveway was lined with super expensive cars; he spotted a few Rolls-Royces and even a Bentley! He thought back to when Tyler had told him that Eric's family was super rich, if that were super rich then what would he consider himself?!

As he approached the front door it opened before he could reach for the doorbell. He was greeted by a true Christmas sight. The house had been decorated with the most ornate decorations he had ever seen, it looked like something out of an expensive department store. You know the type, the kind that brings you champagne and caviar as you shop. Off in the distance he could hear beautiful Christmas music being played by a piano player and a violinist. He started to get a little uncomfortable feeling like he was way out of his element; he wished at least Becka could have been there with him. People were busy chatting with each other as he walked around looking for Tyler. Then, as he entered the living room, he saw Tyler standing over by the fireplace with his mother. He couldn't help but noticed how good Tyler looked in his tux and his hair styled nicely. The moment Tyler saw Austin a hug smile came across his face and he walked over to him.

"I am so glad you finally made it." He gave Austin a hug.

"You're welcome, I just feel like I am out of my element." Austin looked around the room.

"Nonsense! You are exactly where you should be." He smiled reassuring him, "Come with me."

Tyler walked over to where his mother was talking with a few people and gently touched her shoulder, "Sorry to interrupt, Austin is here."

She turned to him and gave him a big, warm hug, "I am so glad that you are here!"

"Thank you, ma'am for inviting me to this wonderful party." He said as he broke the hug.

"Now you boys go and have a good time." She smiled as she turned back to her guests.

Austin stayed by Tyler's side as he made his way through the crowed and over to where all the food had been laid out. All types of meats, fancy cheese, chocolate desserts, crackers and cookies that had been made. Through the entire night Tyler was attentive to Austin, always introducing him to people and bringing him in on conversations. With how kind and attentive Tyler and his parents were, Austin no longer felt like he was an outsider looking in on a fantasy, he was having a great time.

After a few hours Tyler turned to Austin, "I need a break from all this. You want to go down to the theater?"

Austin agreed and the two of them snuck out of the party and made their way down. Away from all the noise of the party, the room seemed extra quiet.

"I enjoy these parties but after a while the same conversations start to get old." Tyler said as he took off the tux jacket, his shoes, and sat down.

"What do you mean the same conversations?" Austin asked as he took a seat next to Tyler.

"What are you plans for college? Any special girl in your life? How is school going? I get tired of having to repeat the same thing over and over." He laughed.

"I can see how that could get annoying." Austin responded. Though he was trying to fight the growing attachment he could not help feeling a little uncomfortable at the thought of Tyler being asked about a girlfriend. Austin looked over at Tyler and his eyes traveled up from his sleek black socks stopping at the pronounced bulge between his legs. Was he even wearing underwear, Austin thought.

"Are you having a good time though? I know this isn't the most upbeat party." Tyler eagerly asked as he looked at Austin.

Austin snapped back into reality, "Honestly, I am having a really good time."

"I'm glad you are." Tyler paused for a moment, "Austin, I want to tell you something. Something I've wanted to for a while now."

"Okay." Austin was nervous as to what it could be.

"I...uh...," Tyler froze up, "I'm sorry for the way I treated you in the past and I hope that you can forgive me."

"Oh, you don't have to worry, I've forgotten all about that now." Austin shifted in the seat, "Besides, I think if you wanted to hurt me you would have done it by now."

Tyler's head hung down and though Austin couldn't see his face, the tone in his voice sounded odd as he replied, "Austin, I... Well, I'd never want to hurt you, ever!"

"I believe you Tyler. At first I wasn't sure what you were after but after spending time together I can tell you wouldn't do anything to me."

Guilt was something Tyler wasn't used to dealing with. Up to this point he would just buy away the guilt, with a new car, expensive dinner, trip to the islands or whatever else would have taken care of the feeling. Now though, this was something new to him. Austin wasn't someone who he could just buy off. The only thing he could do was to continue to treat Austin the right way.

"I guess we better get back to the party before people start wondering where we are." Tyler said as he put back on his jacket and shoes.

The rest of the evening was a wonderful time. Austin fit in so well with everyone that they had no idea he didn't come from money. As the night went on the guests slowly started to leave until it was after midnight when the final guest had left. Austin offered to help stay and clean up, but Mrs. Stetser told him that he was a guest and that it wasn't necessary. Tyler offered to walk Austin down to his car. When they got outside, there was a light snow falling from the dark winter sky.

Austin shut the door, turned around and noticed that Tyler had tears in his eyes and that he was gently shaking, "Is everything okay?"

"You made this night really special for me." He smiled. "It's the first time I have actually enjoyed one of these parties."

"I'm glad you invited me, honestly I had a really good time too."

Just then Tyler leaned in for a hug and as he pulled back, he stopped and kissed Austin, ever so gently, on the forehead. "Be careful on the way home and please text me when you get there so I know you're okay."

Austin smiled, "Okay, I will do that."

He got in the car, closed the door, and headed for home. On his way home he couldn't think about anything else but the kiss. Yeah, they had messed around before but that was just physical. There was something in that kiss that let him know Tyler had more than just a physical attraction.

Christmas time was Austin's favorite with all the lights, music, baking and parties. He and Tyler spent a lot of time together during the Christmas holiday. Tyler wanted to surprise Austin, so he booked The Plaza Hotel for a weekend trip to New York City for a weekend, he went all out planning the trip. He booked first class tickets aboard Amtrak's Acela Express, and then reserved a suite with a great view of central park along with a carriage ride. The next day at school he surprised Austin with the weekend getaway. Austin was a little skeptical at first but after some convincing by Tyler, he agreed to go. He had always wanted to see the glitz and glamour of NYC at Christmas time. The entire weekend was full of fancy dinners, Broadway shows, shopping on 5th avenue, ice skating at Rockefeller center, but the part he enjoyed the most was the horse drawn carriage ride. Austin couldn't wipe the smile from his face the entire weekend. Deep down inside his emotions towards Tyler were beginning to stir more strongly. This was one of the nicest things anyone had ever done for him, but he tried to fight his feelings. He knew that he wasn't ready for a relationship or whatever with anyone, especially Tyler.

On Christmas morning Tyler stopped by to give Austin his Christmas gift, his Mercedes G-Wagon.

"Oh my god!" Austin jumped up and hugged Tyler.

"I knew how much you fell in love with it when you were driving it, so I figured why not let you have it." Tyler smiled. He had already run the idea past Austin's parents, so they were aware of what was going to happen.

"It's so expensive though." Austin looked at the keys in his hand.

"I want you to have it." Tyler hugged him.

Austin couldn't stop smiling as he got dressed and went outside to look it over. It was by far the nicest, and most costly gift any guy had ever given him. He asked his parents if it would be okay for him and Tyler to go out for a drive. They told the both of them to be careful and have fun. Austin couldn't stop thanking Tyler for it. Anytime they were together he thanked him.

The Stetser's had invited Austin and his parents to their New Year's Eve party, which they all were able to attend. This party was just as splendid as the Christmas one Austin had attended a few weeks prior. Music played, people danced, and drinks flowed as everyone enjoyed the festivities. Soon it was time for the countdown to midnight. Everyone gathered around the TV,

Ten....

Nine....

Eight....

Seven....

Six....

Five....

Four....

Three....

Two....

One....

Happy New Year!

People pulled confetti poppers, clanked glasses and started to sing Auld Lang Syne. As the song came to a finish people began to kiss their loved ones. Under a shower of confetti, Tyler turned to Austin pulling him into a New Year's kiss in front of everyone. Austin's heart skipped a beat as Tyler's lips met his. As they broke the kiss Austin caught Mrs. Stetser looking at him, she smiled and raised her glass. Austin just blushed and smiled back at her.