Field of Blooms: The Beginning Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hey, Austin, right?"

"Yes, that is me."

"I thought so. I remember you from last night. I cannot thank you enough for playing last minute like this. You really have saved this wedding." Riley pulled him into a big hug.

"You are most welcome." Austin smiled.

"Do you need anything before the guests start arriving?"

"I just need some fresh air. Honestly, I am a little nervous. I'm sure not as nervous as you are though."

Riley brought Austin to where the rest of the groom's party was relaxing on one of the private balconies and smiled when he saw Tyler. It was warm out, so he took of his tux jacket and sat on one of the sofas.

"How are you doing?" Tyler asked as he sat next to him.

"So far so good. We will see once people start showing up." Austin chuckled nervously.

"You will be amazing."

Austin sat and talked with the rest of them for a little while before he was called back in. He did an amazing job. None of the guests knew he was not the hired piano player. Austin harmonized with the organ so perfectly it felt almost magical, the wedding was a huge success. Even though Austin had a good time playing the wedding, he was glad when it was over. Being in front of all those people like that did work his nerves a little.

As he was making his way down the ship towards the reception hall, he was stopped by the bride.

"I never got to introduce myself, I am Samantha, and I want to thank you so much for saving my wedding." She said with tears in her eyes.

"You're welcome, but all I did was play the piano." Austin smiled at her.

"It's was more than that. The piano was the focal point for the music since it is my favorite instrument. You did a magnificent job, honestly better than the pianist who was supposed to do it."

"I am happy and honored that you feel that way, thank you." Austin responded.

"No, thank you. Okay now, I must go freshen up before I make the grand entrance so, if you'll pardon me." She smiled as she turned and walked away.

That compliment genuinely warmed Austin's heart. He really did not think that he did a magnificent job but if the bride was happy then it was all worth it.

Once he got into the dining hall, he made his way to the piano in the corner and started to play while everyone else waited for the new Mr. and Mrs. Stetser to enter. While he was playing Tyler came over and made sure that he was okay. Austin thanked him and told him that he was good. Soon Tyler walked over picked up the microphone and announced the new couple. Everyone cheered and clapped as they made their way to the head table.

"I want to thank each one of you who came out and made our day special. My wife and I would like to express our deepest gratitude to Mr. Austin Montgomery for stepping in at the last minute to play the piano for us. The day would not have been perfect if it weren't for you." Riley said as he started a round of applause.

Austin blushed red but stood and took a bow. After all the toasts had been made and the first dance had finished, he was finally able to take his seat with Tyler and his family.

The food was delicious, and the music just made you want to get up and dance. After Austin had finished eating, Tyler insisted that they go out onto the dancefloor. They danced to a few fast songs but when a slow song came on Austin was surprised when Tyler grabbed his arm and pulled him in close. Surprised at himself feeling so comfortable dancing close to Tyler, he had to admit to himself that he honestly liked it. He could smell the sweat aroma of the cologne Tyler was wearing and the scent and soothed his fears. Just as the song was coming to an end, Tyler pulled back, looked deep into Austin's eyes and place a deep passionate kiss on Austin's lips.

"I love you Austin." Tyler said as he broke the kiss and looked deep into Austin's eyes.

Austin was too surprised to say anything, he just looked at Tyler.

"I don't know when it happened, but I really do love you." He leaned in for another kiss.

This time Austin broke the kiss before he turned and walked hastily out of the room. Tyler stood there, slightly shocked, and looked over at his mother who motioned for him to go after Austin. Confused and concerned by Austin's reaction Tyler didn't want to lose him knowing how big this ship was. Thankfully, he was able to catch up to him on the aft section of the ship where a few people were smoking.

"I am sorry to bother you, but can I please bum a smoke." Austin asked a well-dressed lady.

"Of course dear, wonderful piano playing too." She smiled as she handed him two smokes.

"Austin! Wait up please." Tyler yelled as he got closer. "What happened?"

Austin lit the cigarette and took a deep drag, "What was that back there Tyler? Why did you say that to me?"

"Because that is how I have been feeling for a while now."

"So, you are in love with me? I don't get it. I mean all these years in school you have treated me like I was some virus that you didn't want to get near. Now suddenly you love me?"

"Austin, I am sorry for the way I treated you in school. I know that no amount of apologies will ever change that but I want to try and show you, if you will let me." Tyler looked pleadingly as he looked into Austin's eyes and moved closer.

"Tyler, I don't know. Eric really fucked me up and I am still dealing with that shit storm from the summer. You don't want to get involved with someone like me. I am a train wreck."

"Train wreck or not, I want to be with you. I understand though if you don't have feelings for me."

Austin took a long pause, "I never said I don't have feelings for you."

A small smile came across Tyler's face as he felt the fear and tension begin to leave his body.

"To be honest, I do have feelings for you, and I don't understand them."

"I don't understand them myself. I have never been attracted to a guy before, this is new and kind of scary for me. If you are willing to give it a chance, then I will do my best to be the kind of guy you truly deserve."

Austin thought for a moment before he finally answered, "Just promise me that you will take things very slow. I just, just don't want to be hurt again."

Tyler moved in closer to Austin, "I promise you with all my heart and soul that I will take it as slow as you need it to go."

With the sound of waves quietly lapping at the sides of the ship, he leaned in, placed his hand on the back of Austin's neck and pulled him in for a romantic first kiss as boyfriends, under a blanket of stars........

Thanks for reading this chapter of New Beginnings: Secrets Revealed. I hope that you have enjoyed reading it as much as I have writing it. Keep an eye out for the next chapter coming soon, Vengeance. Feel free to follow me on Instagram: Legacywriter85 where you can see the next chapter I am working and can ask me questions.

Much Love,

CE300