Field Station Pair-Up

Story Info
Summer research in the wilderness turns fun!
9.3k words
4.67
10.9k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

TAGS: Shower, summer, nudity, stripping, hairy pussy, oral, outdoors, young man, female orgasm, fucking

Erica and JB looked at each other. They stood in their underclothes in the wash room of the men's building. She explained to him, "They're small. Use your hand if you don't know what you're looking for." She took him by his shoulders and turned him around, his back to her, and demonstrated. She ran her palm from his neck down the middle of his back, and repeated with her fingertips. "Like that. You'll feel one if it's on me." She turned to face away from him and waited for him to stroke her own back, bare except for her slim bra band.

~~~

TWO WEEKS EARLIER

The university's remote wilderness research station was a collection of mobile/prefab type dormitory buildings alongside a hangar-style shed called the "lab" and a conventionally constructed hospitality building with a large communal kitchen. The limited-access wildlife preserve's mixed scrub and forest surrounded the compound in the flat valley bottom and gave way to dramatic hills, grassy on the north sides and chaparral-covered on the south-facing slopes.

Erica remembered putting an obligatory work day in on her first graduate fieldwork trip, cutting brush to the ground and clearing vegetation out of the defensible perimeter: Three times the size of the CalFire protocol, and critical to the preservation of the structures on the university's backcountry property. There were fire roads, but it would take days for men and equipment from the state's department of forestry and fire protection to reach the area, realistically, and the elite airborne smoke jumpers would never prioritize the region because so little development and habitation were anywhere near there.

The dark-haired and sun-kissed biology doctorate candidate tipped a beer bottle between her lips, surveying the cleared surroundings and anticipating this year's work day. That would be in two weeks, after the last day of field work but before getting helicoptered back to civilization. Her visit was late in the season and the toughest growth had been taken care of by earlier groups already. For her, this year's work day should be light, she mused. Nodding, pleased, she pulled at the fly-away of dark hairs which had escaped from behind her ear and smoothed them back there again.

Only Erica was there from the wildlife group, this cycle. The other half dozen grads were all with the botanists. She hoped that in this company some plant knowledge might rub off on her, and she had been invited on a few of their hikes to survey a canyon known to harbor excessive populations of rattlesnakes. Their area of interest overlapped with her mountain lion monitoring project, so it was no imposition to accompany and guide the inexperienced leaf-peepers for the days when they would be exploring the rugged, rocky chapparal.

~~~

JB did as instructed. He looked Erica all over from behind. Before applying his hands to her bare skin, he rubbed them together to see if any rough callus edges needed to be smoothed off first. Satisfied, he cupped the tops of Erica's shoulders from behind and felt her skin, skimming down her back over the areas he had already scrutinized visually. She had a handful of small, dark moles, so the tactile exploration was necessary.

~~~

JB opened his dorm room to see his temporary accommodation. An exterior door opened into each single room subdivided out of the single-wide prefab building's interior. He held the swinging screen door open with a toe and got the key to work in the main door's knob, pushing it open to eyeball his first impression of the space. There was a twin-size bed frame and bare mattress, a plain fiberboard wardrobe, and a small dresser with two drawers and a thriftstore lamp upon it. Too small for even the addition of a chair, the room was bare functionality and comically limited on area.

Hot, campy-smelling air billowed out into his face. The trailer had been baking in the sun and the air conditioning had been off since the previous cycle of visitors had left. He pulled his fair bangs behind his ears to hold them, and reached for his large duffel and rolling suitcase all at once to pull them inside and make himself at home for the next two weeks.

Erica watched the botany students entering their dorms and dropping their things off. She waved goodbye to the drivers of the two 4x4 Land Rovers which had dropped them off. The dust the vehicles kicked up hung in the calm, hot, late afternoon air for a long time. She stared into it until her beer was gone, and appreciated the privilege of having gotten a ride in on an aircraft. She had endured the all-day ride bouncing up and down hills and canyons along rough double-track roads each of the two previous years, and didn't envy the grads who had just arrived.

~~~

"You're so fit. What are you, two percent body fat?" JB asked while he crouched low enough to feel the backs of Erica's thighs and knees.

He was exaggerating quite a bit, but Erica challenged him. "You picked up that radio tracking gear I have to carry, you know what kind of shape I have to be in!" She reached back and lifted her cheeks so he could see into the creases at the tops of her legs.

He nodded knowingly. "Or if you weren't, you'd get in shape fast." He stopped feeling Erica's back and legs, stood, and took half a step away.

She turned to face him, and he turned to show her his own bare back and legs.

~~~

She made a point of eating early. The other grads had to have been hungry after the hours of four-wheeling up and down hills, but first they unpacked their things into their individual dorm rooms. Erica tossed her empty beer bottle into the recycling, drained her spaghetti, and tossed the reheated frozen meatballs and jarred tomato sauce with it. Looking around, she extracted her guilty pleasure from its small plain brown paper bag: A block of real imported Parmesan cheese wrapped in parchment and tucked into a Ziplock bag to keep it from drying out. Seeing nobody around to witness, she grated the treasure over her meal and re-stashed it in the refrigerator.

When grads started to trickle in and orient themselves to the unfamiliar kitchen, Erica was washing her dishes up. She made herself useful showing the new people, all first-timers, where they could find the particular utensils, tools and other cooking implements they needed, making introductions at the same time.

JB frowned at the choice of spatulas. Everything seemed to be yard-sale quality. He supposed that the budget for the research station had to be pretty thin, but he thought that this stuff was too cheap to be able to satisfyingly cook with. He resigned himself to one spatula which didn't seem like it was in danger of falling apart, and got his food off the griddle without mishaps. He noticed the dark-eyed Erica watching.

"Hi," he said.

"Yeah, hi again. JP, right? Just watching what you're doing. I didn't know you could do it that way."

JB looked at the seasoned slabs of firm tofu he was turning over on the griddle. He re-introduced himself properly, correcting Erica, and chit-chatted about his plan to make a lot of these tonight and have a supply of cold cooked tofu slabs which he could put in sandwiches over the next few days. "This way, the bread won't get soggy."

Erica breathed understandingly, "Ahh, that's why you're pre-cooking so many. Good thinking! My meals are so basic." Except for my cheese, she thought.

JB put them away in refrigerator containers after cooking, and washed up.

Speaking of his other food he had finished before cooking up the tofu, Erica said, "I can't believe how much you ate."

His fair stubble bunched up around his mouth as he smirked self-consciously. "The trails in to here - you really can't call'em roads, can you? Anyway, I was starving because I barfed up my breakfast, lunch and spleen. I got so car-sick on the ride in."

Erica winced sympathetically. "Harsh."

"Yeah. It was fucking bad. I'm dreading going back at the end of the trip. You think they'll let me just stay here?" he quipped sadly.

Her brow creased with concern.

~~~

JB hadn't exactly realized his dick was getting chubby while feeling Erica's back. But when she returned the favor, the sensation of her hands on his skin caused it to suddenly swell rapidly.

~~~

Another mountain lion had been rehabilitating at the mammal rescue center a couple of counties away. She was scheduled to be returned to the wild near the university field station at the end of the fieldwork cycle. Erica would observe the big cat's release and be able to fly back to her car on the helicopter again, when it flies in with the animal. She felt so bad for JB that she spent the first week of the cycle finding moments to try to contact the rescue facility and arrange for him to return via the helicopter too.

The only thing was, it would be two days later than the return trip by Land Rover. So when Erica got the confirmation, JB made it work, rescheduling commitments for his first days back at home after the normally scheduled end of his fieldwork trip. He couldn't believe his luck.

With all the other botany grads and supervising research professors gone, Erica and JB made a plan for the last day. JB wanted to survey a transect of chaparral on an isolated ridge of a different type of stone than what he and his peers had been investigating for the previous two weeks. Using the station's satellite internet connection, he verified that data of this particular type had not been collected in more than forty years. Erica was tickled at the idea of possibly getting her name on a forestry paper by playing guide for the greenhorn student.

There were no footpaths so they had to hike cross-country through the grasses surrounding the unique geological formation. With no beaten track to follow, grass was up to their waists in some places even though it had been dead for a few months already in the rainless California summer. Erica demonstrated to JB the way to watch every footfall in order to avoid surprises like turning an ankle on rocks or in holes, to see any rattlesnakes before they saw you too close, and to get around and past them without disturbing them and provoking a rattle or, worse, a strike.

She interpreted a variety of animal signs for JB as they encountered them, which fascinated him, and in turn he taught her the specific species of native and non-native grasses present, and when they got to the elevated ridge of layered stone, they cooperated on typing and recording the chaparral plant numbers and species they surveyed along the transect line JB established.

The bushes were tough and dense. JB was used to navigating them to get eyes on even the shortest of understory plants. Erica was frustrated at the level of effort it took to make progress through the unbroken scrub, and got scratched more times than she wanted to put up with.

They still enjoyed the day, doing graduate and post-graduate science in a wilderness very few people were authorized to enter. Bushwhacking back to the station after completing the transect, Erica pointed out, "I just realized there's nobody left to tick-check me when we get back."

"I guess Soren could do me," JB observed, referring to the station's sole permanent resident, the groundskeeper and maintenance man.

"Fuck it, we can do each other. No big deal," Erica promised.

And that's how they wound up in the wash room together in their underwear, shaking their stripped clothes out and looking at and feeling each other's bare skin.

"Here's a little bastard," she informed JB. "He hasn't bit in yet." This often didn't happen until a tick's host goes to sleep, so removing them right away after getting exposed to them in brushy or grassy areas was crucial. Erica picked the offending critter from between his shoulderblades, no bigger than a sesame seed.

JB asked, "Don't you think it's probably female?"

"Oh, look who's the zoologist now!" Erica laughed good-naturedly, and didn't bother to correct the misconception. She cocked a tilting window in the wall of the wash room open, and flicked the tick outside.

He shrugged at the teasing.

She walked back from the window and came around in front of him. He wasn't expecting that, and blushed under his blond stubble, darkening his sunburned complexion even more as his front-side became visible to Erica.

She saw his face first, and the tent next. She felt her own cheeks begin to... kind of glow, she supposed. It crossed her mind for the first time in weeks how long it had been since she had enjoyed someone's sexy company.

JB's guts fluttered and he looked at Erica's tents too. He couldn't have said whether her nipples had been poking through her plain stretchy cotton bra cups beforehand, as he had politely avoided looking too closely at her undressed form. But now they were puckering as he watched, and he felt the erection in his shorts stiffen fully.

From just outside the open ventilation window, a scrub-jay's raspy caw loudly penetrated the space inside. The two grads abruptly broke apart into laughter, grinning at each other self-consciously before collecting themselves and watching each other more calmly.

JB moved first. He confidently just pulled his shorts down and stepped out of them.

A cute smile shaped Erica's face demurely, and she half-closed her eyelids. It didn't obstruct her view at all, and she unabashedly took JB's nudity in for a moment. She looked down her front as she slid straps off her shoulders and pulled the bra cups down. Tits exposed, she turned the band around, bringing the clasp to her front, and undid it. Holding the two free ends of the band open in her hands like opening an overcoat, she showed herself to JB, smiling more sweetly than ever.

He hummed audibly in appreciation. He thought she looked beyond appealing. He had all week, in fact, but hadn't gotten ideas about pursuing her. The presence of his recently-departed ex among the botany grads had him preoccupied about just getting through the week without the two of them blowing up at each other. But she was gone now. Had left on the Land Rovers, hadn't she.

This serendipitous new intimacy was unexpected, and JB refused to allow his mind to chew distractingly on it. He was aware how unusual for him it was to be free of all the juvenile mental chatter, the what-iffing and the second-guessing which typically made him feel unsure and self-conscious when getting close to a young woman. He wasn't even sure where the decision to strip fully had come from, but he was suddenly very glad he had made it.

Erica swung her bra around by the band, flipping it off her fingertip to sail toward her other discarded clothes. It missed, but she made it look suave anyway, and looked into JB's eyes as she took the sides of her underpants' waistband in her fingers.

He nodded faintly, watching. Encouraged, she went for it, drew one side down, past a lifted knee and over her foot, and did the same on her other side. Exposed, she held a forearm across her chest, and the panties, bunched in her hand, before her groin.

JB wasn't exactly a stranger to her. They had hiked together and worked on their separate projects in a group with other grads on five different days these two weeks, been present in the kitchen together at the same time almost every morning and evening, and spent this entire day together in the field, just the two of them.

There had definitely been some amount of genuine bonding over JB's dread of more of the violent car sickness, and over Erica's fairy-godmother trick of getting the mammal rescue center's pilot to agree to her bringing a +1 when she was to leave the preserve.

When she had pulled that out of her hat on night nine, they had stayed up drinking with the supervising botany professor until past two in the morning while the prof puzzled out how to tell the rest of the sorry grads that their peer wouldn't be subject to the bone-shaking ride home in the Land Rovers with them. JB's ex in particular had fumed noticeably, and showed Erica nothing but bitch-face the rest of the week.

However, Erica hadn't thought about mixing business with pleasure, so to speak, not even a little. She wasn't with anyone, but had been single and too busy with jobs, classes and research for months to have spent even a moment contemplating companionship. She felt a thrill realizing that it was on, and this wouldn't be like her habitual slow-burn of getting-to-know-you before getting around all the bases with someone.

Because of how far outside her experience this was, she wasn't prepared to take charge and move things forward. The steps she had taken were already dialing up her nervous system. Her heart thumped, her face warmed, her breath felt thick, and her thoughts went very fuzzy at the same time her senses sharpened. She was highly aware of a sense that anything could happen, and found herself tickled over that.

JB watched her stand before him after baring herself. He was as surprised as she was at the sudden turn their afternoon had taken. Thinking for a moment, he told himself the deal seemed sealed - she was not all over him, throwing herself at him, but she had gamely joined him in perfect nudity and he felt uncharacteristically confident that he wouldn't somehow blow it with her like he had with other young women at other times.

In fact, this was one of the first times JB had felt this confident and in control of his approach. The situation had developed spontaneously, without contrived "lines" or any of the other bullshit JB usually put himself through in order to get someone's attention. Was this the reason he felt so alive and present? All he knew was, Erica was showing him she was comfortable enough with him to see what would happen next, though she seemed not to have a next move, herself.

They had all afternoon, evening and night, he figured. No rush at all. So he asked Erica, "Check the rest of me?" and turned his back.

Ball in her own court, she blurted, "Oh! Well, yeah! Yeah. Here goes." She put her underwear down and stepped in closer to feel JB's bare ass with both hands.

It felt nice to JB. Sensing her standing closer to his back, it seemed to him that her body was warming him. Though enjoyable and palpable, he thought that was probably an illusion since even inside the wash room the air was well over 90 degrees in the intensely sunny late-summer heat.

Her palms and fingertips were lightly toughened from hiking and field work, but her hands were sensitive, warm and playful as she inspected the skin his shorts had previously covered, and squeezed the glutes boldly. "No ticks here!" she played along.

He followed her own improvisation, and stood still. "That's good!" he quipped, and let her continue the act. He was surprised by a hand reaching around to cup his scrotum.

Erica dropped the pretense of tick-checking and kneaded his sack in her hand. An energized feeling flooded her groin as she felt his balls sliding past each other over and over. His quiet groan sounded intense though he kept it to a strained murmur, and she caught her breath.

She pressed herself against JB's back. His bare skin against her own thrilled her, and she reached around with her other arm and had him by the cock and balls now. In her hand, the hard dick was hot, alive and when she pulled the skin toward the root and let it slide back, it lurched and wetness rolled down over her fingers.

JB's pelvic muscles clenched and he involuntarily humped. The fit, soft body against his back made him want to press his backside into her, but he thrust insistently into the hand around his prick.

The way JB was writhing made Erica marvel at his sensitivity to her touch and excitement at her contact. She stroked the skin of his penis a few times, and gathered the slippery fluid coming out of it to coat the fingers she delicately curled them around the head. She held her hand still and gave JB the most delicate of squeezes of his head in her slick fingers.