Fifteen Hours

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, I see where this is heading."

"Exactly. To cut a long story short, our marriage went downhill fast. Maybe she had no intention to keep it alive and I sometimes suspect she even actively wanted to end it. To be honest, I don't have a clue what she's thinking, never really had. Anyway, I caught her with another man. Maybe she wanted me to catch her, I have no idea. Of course, I immediately filed for divorce. I believe that she had to accept the prenup against her will and relented only because of the death clause. Maybe this was the way she intended to get my money from the beginning. Well, after I've filed for divorce I'm sure she was tight on money. The divorce was granted six months ago. And three days ago my lawyer advised me to pay her the small amount she was entitled to. That was probably a big mistake. Because she obviously used it to hire these gentlemen to end my life. They need to kill me within - let's see - 14 hours. If they do, my money will be hers. If they don't she will have almost nothing. Maybe she needed the divorce because during our marriage she never had the lump sum to hire such guys. Only the one-time payment at the end enabled her to do that."

"Wow, quite a story."

"Yes, and I hope it won't turn out to be a short story."

"So do I. Because the end of yours would be also the end of mine."

Uh, this is going into the wrong direction.

"So what's your story?"

"Oh, that's a sad one. You really want to hear it?"

"Well, it can't be worse than mine."

"Oh, it can. The short version - my father died when I was fourteen, my stepfather was an alcoholic that beat me and raped me as soon as I turned sixteen. Shortly afterwards he sold me to this slaver ring and I ended up here, unable to escape. Waiting for my savior." She looks very sad.

I'm stunned. "Really? That sort of stuff happens? That's terrible, Mia."

"Josh, you're a nice guy. But you're totally gullible. I really don't know if I can let you go out there without guidance again. You won't stand a chance against the next evil bitch. You're just too nice. And what's the sense in saving you today if you're too naive to survive on your own afterwards."

"What?" I don't understand a thing.

"Josh, you believed that crap?" She actually starts to laugh, but tries to do it silently. "I was brought up quite sheltered and had very good grades at school. But after high school I was just too lazy for a real 8 to 5 job. The thought depressed me. So due to default of a wealthy knight in shining armor I decided to pursue the reputable profession of prostitution. It seemed to be the easiest way."

"Oh." I have to grin now. "You wicked bitch." She punches me lightly in the arm in retaliation and we both have problems to keep our laughter silent.

She obviously has the same dry humor and laconic way that has earned me the "cold fish" label from my ex. But the way Sally meant this was far from the truth. I'm actually a quite emotional guy. I just don't want to run around with my hands holding my head, screaming. If I'm in trouble, I get calm and rational. And I try to see every situation in a humorous way. Mia seems to be the same, which probably is the reason we get along that well.

"But why are you doing it here?"

"I quickly learned that I don't like pimps. They don't provide much protection, they just provide trouble, violence, dumbness and disappearing money. Here we girls can work without that burden."

"I see. But what about intimacy and love? And you still interested in such stuff?"

"Oh yes. I'm quite a book-worm and I read a lot of romance novels. I still dream of this stuff. What I do here is completely separated from this. Believe it or not, I have never made love to a man in my whole life. I'm still some kind of virgin."

"You're kidding me again?"

"No. Seriously. I've had vaginal penetration thousands of times. And I've sucked dicks equally often. But I think I never really had sex. Much less made love. I just provide two openings for rubber-clad cocks. I've never had an orgasm in my whole life. I've never had any kind of pleasant emotion while I did my job. I've never touched a dick without a condom. So yes, making love and loving someone is still quite high on my agenda. The problem is that I just don't meet any nice men. The guys coming here are mostly the ones that don't get any good pussy any other way. They are the sediment of the male population. Halfway attractive or nice men don't come here, they don't have to pay for such a half-hearted service. We are not really in the luxury segment of our business, you know? The problem is just to remind myself that there have to be decent men out there. And that I just don't get to see them here."

"Never?" I smile and wink.

"Well, rarely." She also smiles.

"So you're unhappy with your current situation?"

"Yes. But not desperately so. But I surely need to change something soon. But as easy as it is to get into this, as hard it is to get out. I hardly have any qualification for a normal job, have I?"

I just nod and decide that this gets quite serious and I do what I always do in such situations - I change the subject. "So do you think we can hide here for 14 hours?"

"We might if sheriff Clarkson and his deputy will come to see Clara and Becky. If we're lucky, they will arrive shortly. The girls will probably tell them something is wrong. But I have no idea what they will do about it."

"Okay, let's wait and see."

"Josh, I will have to switch on my light soon. If one of the girls doesn't accept customers for a long time, the men hunting you will be wary."

"You're right. Is that a problem for you?"

"Not at all. It's just my job. But maybe it is for you?"

Well, it might be, come to think about it. I like her. A lot, actually. But I surely won't admit that now. Mia is already in more than enough trouble because of me, no need to complicate her life further.

"I think it's necessary, ain't it?"

"You won't like it, right? And not only because you will have to wait in the wardrobe for the duration?"

"Yes, I think that won't be the main problem. I like you. And I won't like to hear you doing your job." Okay, time for a little honesty.

"It will be hard for me too. I also like you and I'm afraid that I will be ashamed for the first time for my job. And I'm afraid that you will like me a lot less afterwards."

"I don't think so." Although I'm not too sure about it. I honestly don't know how I'm going to react. I've never been in such a situation. I doubt that many men have been. "And we don't have much choice anyway, have we?"

"Yes, sadly."

"Let's get over with it."

"Okay. You don't have to go into the hideout. You can as well stay in the wardrobe. If you prefer to sit in between my clothes."

"That doesn't sound too bad."

And during the next few hours I learn a lot. First, I'm indeed getting jealous upon hearing some guys fucking Mia. Why am I reacting that way? I have plenty of time to think about it. Because I like her as a friend and I can't stand to listen to her abuse? No, she isn't abused in any way, she's very relaxed and friendly with her customers. No emotions, but a sovereign way to handle the situation. The reason is that I like her, but not only as a friend. I'm just plain jealous.

Second, booking a girl like Mia is surprisingly mundane. The talk sounds like everyday talk. Yeah, it's too hot for this time of the year. Have you seen the fuel price? John and Marsha are finally going to marry. Peggy is pregnant again. No sexy talk at all. Even when I jerk off, I'm usually in a more romantic mood.

Third, I really enjoy sitting in between her clothes and smelling her fragrance. I like smelling her. And I think that is telling me a lot about my feelings for her.

I between her customers I can leave the wardrobe. But I don't want to be tactless by using the situation to see her in her non-existent "work-clothes". That would be tactless. Well, I'd sure like to full inspect her nude body. But somehow it doesn't seem right, so I keep my eyes on her face or somewhere else. She notices my problems, smiles a little and puts on a robe.

After three hours and just as many johns, the situation changes.

"Oh, oh. The sheriff and two of his colleagues have arrived." Mia peeks out of the window while I have to stay hidden. "They go towards Clara's, Becky's and Andrea's trailers. Now things will get interesting."

She continues to watch the scene unfolding.

"They come out again. All three. All of them have their guns out. They are talking. Deputy Andrews goes to the squad car. Now the shit's going to hit the fan. If the killers decide to shoot them, they will have to kill us all. But that's risky. You don't just kill three cops. Even as a hard-boiled pro. Especially as a hard-boiled pro. Too much risk for one job."

"You know what you're talking about?"

"I've seen a lot of shit. But not as closely as today, luckily. Boy, you owe me big time if we get out of here alive."

"I do, doubtless."

"I'm going to hold you to that, rest assured. Now go into the wardrobe. No, better into the hideout. We won't know what's going to happen."

"Okay. 10 more hours. Shit."

"We need to get through this." She looks me directly into the eyes while saying this. I feel a tingling sensation in my tummy.

"Yes. We do. Thank you."

"Thank me later. Now go. We have to hide you."

"Do you think I should just run towards the cops?"

"No, I think they might just shoot you from a distance. They probably have rifles. Too risky."

"You're right. So I better hide." This solution would have been her easy way out. She has again decided to risk her life to save mine. I feel a little guilty again, but also very pleased.

While I'm hiding in the less nice smelling hideout again, I can hear Mia servicing two more customers. I doze off a little before I'm informed by her that she'll switch off her lamp now to get some sleep. If I needed anything. And that the sheriff has obviously decided to leave a squad car with two officers to protect his favorite whore Clara.

"These two guys won't stand a chance against these pros while they eat donuts in their squad car."

"Right, Josh. But there's nothing we can do about it. Let's just hope they won't risk anything. I doubt these guys will want to kill eighteen people, including two cops, for the price of one. Too risky."

"I agree. I just hope we're right. I'd like to pee before you fall asleep."

She laughs. "Sure, go ahead. And better take some sleeping pills. It will be a long night in there otherwise."

"Good idea."

xx

I wake up when the hideaway is opened at some time in the night. Mia stands in front of me with her long blond hair open and freshly washed, wearing just a long T-shirt and a smile. She looks breathtakingly beautiful. The reason is that the ridiculous whore make-up is gone.

"Mia, you're stunning."

"My, thank you. You, in contrast, look like shit." We both laugh.

"What time is it?"

"Eleven-thirty. Thirty minutes to go. Both cops are still alive."

"Have you slept well?"

"What? You're a weird guy. Not that much, honestly. I had to watch over you. What do you think?"

"You're a weird woman."

"I know." We both smile.

"I really like to spend time with you, Mia."

Surprisingly, she tears up, turns away and then closes the hideaway. Well, she's a woman. They're born to be unpredictable.

"At midnight it's over, right?"

"Yes, then I will be officially divorced." We're talking through the thin wall.

"Okay. Wait, the cops are leaving. I have to stop them."

I hear her rushing out. After a while she comes back in, rummages around a little and walks out again. Shortly afterwards I hear heavier steps in the trailer. Someone is searching it again. One of the killers, obviously. I hold my breath, literally.

"Hey, what are you doing in here?" I hear an assertive male voice.

"I'm just looking for a little fun. But the lady seems to be not at home," a male voice answers.

"Get out of here. At once. Hands behind your neck. Stand over there. Don't move."

...

"You have a permission for that gun?"

"Sure."

"It has been used recently."

"I've shot a little for fun in the woods."

"Okay. That seems a little strange, doesn't it? You shoot a little and then you visit a prostitute at midnight?"

"Well, why not?"

Midnight? I try to read my watch, but it's impossible.

"Actually, it's five past twelve, officer." That's Mia's voice. Good girl. We've made it. I push the board outwards and leave my hiding place. The officer and the killer look at me surprised as I enter Mia's small living room.

"And who are you?"

"I'm the guy this man is looking for. I'm the one that someone tried to shoot yesterday. They had to kill me until midnight and it seems that they've failed."

"Shit!" the killer exclaims and looks at his watch. Well, maybe they're not THAT professional after all.

"DOWN!" The officer throws him to the ground. "I said don't move." He cuffs him quickly.

"There is another one of those around," Mia says. She's the one for practical thinking, I realize. I'm useless with this, compared to her.

"DAN! Watch out! We might have a problem," the officer shouts.

"Don't move," we hear from outside!

xx

The following time is quite hectic. The officers are very nervous and insist that I accompany them to the station. I can't even say goodbye properly. Mia looks very sad as she watches me get into one of the squad cars. She tries to smile bravely and waves her hand a little. Afterwards she rushes into her trailer. Does she expect never to see me again? Nothing I can do about that right now. The squad car is already leaving the place.

xx

I decide not to file charges against anyone. I don't want to live in fear until I can testify in some trial. I don't want to change my identity in some witness protection program. Hell, I haven't even seen the face of anyone actually shooting at me. It could have been one of the two guys in the trailer park or anybody else. The trial would end with nothing. It just isn't worth it. I don't even mention my damaged car. It would just be confiscated as an evidence. And I'm far from home, I need it. For far more important things than some fruitless war against the guys my lovely ex has hired. The chance that they rat her out is minimal anyway because they are in no real danger to be convicted. And I'm absolutely not interested in these guys.

So I have to accept that I enable these guys just to walk out of the police station together with me. One of them even congratulates me on surviving this.

"I wouldn't have bet on it. You're a damn good driver and a quick runner. Well done."

Weird. What does he expect? That I give him a high five? That I regard this as some kind of sporting competition? I think it's a little more personal than that.

"Have you been hired by a man or a woman?"

"Buddy, we never talk about such things. But women surely can be evil bitches. Generally speaking, you know?" He grins and walks away. That's all I need to know. So my lovely ex has hired them personally, not her lover.

I've been able to recharge my phone at the police station, call a tow truck and pick up my car with the mechanic.

xx

Two days later I have just left my hotel room after having picked up my repaired car earlier. My car is like new again - even the bird-shit is gone - and I'm enjoying just sitting in it. I have somehow bonded with this car. I mean, so far it's the only car I have ever survived a potentially deadly car chase in. And I hope it will remain the only one. I don't think I will ever sell it.

I start the engine but let the car idle for a while. I enjoy the air conditioning and I have the feeling that this is a big moment in my life. One of the big forks in the road. But one of the paths seems dark and unappealing. It represents the life as a bachelor I had decided to live after my failed marriage. The other is well lit. Colored, blinking arrows are pointing towards it. A big hand is beckoning me towards it. And it is labeled "MIA", in big, illuminated letters.

So I finally engage a gear and drive towards the trailer park. What will I find there? Will she even still be there? Will she want to come with me, into an unknown future? She seemed quite comfortable there. Her current profession bothers me surprisingly little. Well, only one way to find out, right?

xx

My car finally rolls into the trailer park. I had some difficulties to find it, despite the description one of the officers gave me. And to be honest, I'm a little nervous. A lot depends on what will follow now.

This time most of the women seem to be outside. They all sit on some kind of porch and seem to surround one person. I exit the car and slowly walk towards the group, expecting Mia to be a part of this gathering. To my surprise, she's the one in the middle. And to add to my surprise, they all seem to console her. Coming nearer, I see that she seems to be sobbing like a baby and that the others try to comfort her. One of them sees me, gets up and approaches me.

"Sorry, man. We're closed today. Please come back tomorrow." I'm surprised how empathic these women are. They lose one day's income to help a colleague in trouble.

"No, I'm not a customer. I'm here to see Mia. And nobody's going to stop me."

"You're Josh?"

"Right."

"You asshole. You better get to her quick. That girl is destroyed." But she smiles benevolently.

Mia is currently sitting there with her elbows on her knees and her face buried in her hands. Spasms rack through her. Two of her colleagues are consoling her. She hasn't even noticed me. Wow, she really has it bad for me, it seems. But instead of feeling sorry, I feel elated. Many of my doubts are already history. I'm glad because I have it equally bad for her.

"Mia?"

Her head snaps upwards, she briefly just stares at me unbelieving before jumping up and running towards me. She literally jumps into my arms and we hug each other fiercely. And - finally - we kiss for the first time. It's as magical as I've expected it to be. Although it's still a little frantic. We will certainly calm down a little over the decades.

"Why have you come?" She finally has composed herself enough to utter a rational question.

"Well, what do you think? I've come to get you, of course."

"Get me? What does that mean?" Her tone is still very tentative and unsure.

"Take you with me. That's what that means."

"Josh, I'd love to. But I'm a whore. Countless guys have used my body for years."

"It doesn't seem to be damaged."

"It isn't. But do you think you could love me nonetheless?"

"Yes, I already do. But of course, I expect you to quit your job."

Suddenly she's laughing openly. I hear it for the first time and it seems just magical. I could love her just for this moment. For how she looks and sounds when she's laughing like this.

"Consider it done. Anything else?"

"Yes, you need new clothes. And a different styling. It's not a must, but I would be really happy."

"No problem. This is just my whore's look. I'd really like to get rid of it."

"Good. That's it for me. Anything you want to have?"

"Apart from you? No. But Josh, how is this going to work?"

"Well, you pack your stuff into my car and I just take you away from here."

"What? Now? ... Well, you're probably right. Why wait? But how is it going to work later? You certainly have a family, friends, colleagues. None of them will be pleased to hear that you've brought home a whore."

"Ex-whore, okay?" I ask this good-humoredly, but she nods very sincerely. "Well, I don't have much family. I have some friends. Quite a lot, actually. But I won't tell anyone that you've been a prostitute. If you want to, you're welcome. I will still stand by you. It's your choice."