All Comments on 'Fifteen Women'

by LoquiSordidaAdMe

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
SimonDoomSimonDoomover 4 years ago

Well done. You did a lot within the limits of the form. I enjoyed the range of stories and experiences.

thatsbogusthatsbogusover 4 years ago
Terrific

This is like the Literotica equivalent of the introduction to Up. A whole life story in 750 words. Well done.

yowseryowserover 4 years ago
Clever

Like sonnets: lyrical, sparse, engrossing.

joeyjaxjoeyjaxover 4 years ago

A poetry professor I had in college (not in that way) used to say "we are most creative when we have restrictions". I think now, it was a rewording of the old saying "Necessity is the mother of invention" maybe. Regardless, you did a great job with the stringent restrictions of a 15x50 story. So good!

oggbashanoggbashanover 4 years ago

Not many people have tried to emulate my 15 x 50 word format because they are not as easy as they look. Well done! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good!

Inspired me to have a go myself.

Thanks!

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMeover 4 years agoAuthor
RE:

Thanks Simon. I haven't gotten to your "Ogg comes to the Hangout" yet, but I will. My reading time is sort of curtailed this time of year.

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMeover 4 years agoAuthor
RE: Terrific

Thank you so much, Bogus! I loved that scene. This is a hell of a compliment.

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMeover 4 years agoAuthor
RE: Clever

Thanks, yowser. Would you believe I actually struggled to keep it from being too lyrical? There were a few places where I let myself bend the rules of prose to keep the word count down, but there could have been so many more. It felt like a bit of a cheat though, like "poetry" and"stories" aren't quite the same thing.

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMeover 4 years agoAuthor
RE:

Glad you enjoyed it joeyjax. I haven't gotten to your "The Worst Chain Story Ever" yet, but I will.

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsover 4 years ago

Loved it

I have to say you've opened my eyes to telling a story in 50 word snippets, sort of like an extended haiku. Truly well done. 5* from me. -- JB Edwards

PS: I agree completely with you about Oggbashan

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMeover 4 years agoAuthor
RE: Loved it

Thanks for taking the time to say so, JB. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

ChadAlphaChadAlphaover 4 years ago
Impressive

Wish I could give more than five stars. These 15x50s are deceptively rich and expansive; each vingnette was its own tiny, polished and perfect, literary world. I thoroughly enjoyed the journey.

And a side note: I think that people who haven’t attempted this form don’t understand how difficult it is. I tried for a month to write a 15x50 for the Ogg event about British cars and bikes and am still hanging, hoping to finish and submit it someday. But it was enough time and effort to further appreciate your mastery of this style.

vanmyers86vanmyers86almost 4 years ago

This was delightful - unexpected, and fun, and poignant. I enjoyed it very much!

I tend to write long, so I admire someone who can write short. :)

Paul4playPaul4playalmost 3 years ago

This is fun!

I am happy for you and Judith!

puzziboipuzziboialmost 3 years ago

this is AMAZING! i've done flash fiction keeping it at 300 words or less. I've done as few as 100 words, but never 50. i'm going to give this a go. thanks for the inspiration AND the beautifully descriptive micro stories.

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMealmost 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks for taking the time to say so, puzziboi! If you do decide to take a crack at 50 word micro fiction, be sure to send me the link when you publish it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLoquiSordidaAdMe@LoquiSordidaAdMe
I've been reading stories on Literotica since the the 90s. Personally, I find written erotica more arousing that photos or videos, and I always gravitated towards simple stroke stories. When I first decided to write for Literotica, my only goal was to write the kind of stories...