Fighting Dreams Ch. 10 - Alt Ending

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I nod. His eyes narrow.

I swallow thickly and reply, "Yes."

When he doesn't smile, I amend it once more.

"Yes, Sir."

He leans back into the chair. "Tick tock, pet."

I run to the bedroom. My heart is racing in my chest, but I'm not... afraid. I'm just in a hurry.

Looking around, I'm at a loss as to what else I need. What do I usually bring? What's important? My phone goes in the bag with a charger, a journal too with a pen. My computer follows; one of my microplush blankets. As an afterthought, I add in one of my squishy fox plushies and the bag with my black dress and the injector to the side pocket.

I can hear the timer chime as I zip up the bag and walk out. He's waiting by the door.

"Come, pet."

He drives us to the edge of the city, and along the river's hills.The stars wink out from the black mat of the sky as though they're glitter that was spilled across its surface and illuminated by the lamp of the moon as it rises. His thumb skims along my knee as he drives affectionately

As the buildings begin to space further apart, I can feel the tension slowly easing from my body.

"Finally..." he murmurs as he pulls into the drive. The trees surrounding the house shield me from view as we walk into the main hall.

When shoes are set aside, he sends me to make a snack tray in the kitchen as he takes my items upstairs. A familiar task, one I'm happy to take on so that my mind has somewhere to focus. I've got the fruits, slices of cheese and small slices of the summer sausage laid out in a gentle spiral of color when he returns.

A kiss is pressed to my cheek; he then sends me up to the bedroom with an order to bathe and dress for bed.

It's easy to obey that order. He's got a nice tub...

The bathtub is already moderately filled with warmed water; he's added lavender oils to it so the sweet scent fills the room as the jets roll the water. My clothes are laying on the shared counter; a large towel waits over the rack. A soft music box plays when I tap the speaker.

My clothes find the hamper; I slip into the water and soak.

Cooling slowly, the water's touch lets me relax into the calm music. For once, I don't rush or worry too much about anything. I just let it all be. Floating with the notes of the music box, I don't stir until his voice filters through the speaker.

"Water's cold. I'll see you downstairs in a few."

The pajamas he's chosen are probably the farthest thing from sexy, but they are soft. A camisole of royal blue and a pair of cotton pants with galaxies in blue and black...I can't help but think it's strange to be dressed all the time.

I feel like I'm waking up out of a dream; nothing feels quite normal yet.

When I make it downstairs, he's waiting. He draws me into his arms, wrapping me in a hug from behind and turning me to face the small coffee table.

Three boxes lay on the table; as each pops open my eyes trace over the collar in them.

The first is a small gold herringbone chain with a sunflower dangling from it. Delicate, but strong and light as a feather. Almost like the one I wore when I made Seth sign that paper... The second is hexchain of woven circles; a small sun drop hangs in the center of the band. When I touch it, the links are surprisingly smooth and soft feeling. That's pretty. The one I wore to dinner I think?

The last box he opens to reveal my red leather collar, the gold ring hanging polished from its peaked center.

"All three of these are yours, Jazzy," he murmurs softly in my ear.

"The first two come with only one obligation: that you work to heal and that you stay here, with me, until you're healed enough to be safe alone... and then if you ask, I'll help you get settled wherever you wish to be."

"When... if... you want your collar, you need only put it on. As your Master, I will swear to you that you will be protected, cherished, and loved. You are mine, pet, and if you'll let me I will remind you how peaceful it can be to let go. But if you can't... I won't hold it against you. I won't demand anything from you except that you find yourself again."

Slowly I reach down and touch the leather band, picking it up. The first one was red with a silver ring to train. This one is wider in the back than in the front, dipping down to an elegant point in the front. I cried when he gave it to me; it was the first collar that I could breathe easily in.

"Is it really the same one?" I ask softly.

"The very same you left that day," he murmurs softly, his hands cupping mine around it. "It's yours, pet. It always has been from the night I made it for you."

There's a crack like thunder.

His body jerks to the side; I can feel a spray of warm stickiness across my face, my body.

He goes down.

There's redness everywhere.

I'm staring at him on the floor, watching that deep red expand around him as he twitches and jerks.

It's blood.

There's blood all over the floor.

He's going to bleed out. Oh my god.

I sink to my knees and try to press my hands against the hole. Try to stop the bleeding as I can taste my heartbeat on my tongue and the sound of screaming fills my ears.

I'm the one screaming.

"No! No, no no no no, please... Oh god..." I'm babbling like a fish and I know he can't respond as my hands try to stop the bleeding and the blood coats them like paint. "Reg please!"

"He won't survive."

The blunt words make me stare at Him. The damnable joker standing against the kitchen counter, holding the gun so casually aimed at me.

"What did you do?! Why did... how cou..." My words won't come out right as I try to hold that pressure even as I feel the crimson life dripping through my fingers.

"I shot him," Francisco Bolton answers calmly.

I need to help him!

I get to my feet, ready to dart to fetch Reg's phone but my body lurches, then collapses entirely to the floor as lightning shoots up my spine. I twist on the floor, trying to understand; I'm not collared so how?! How is he-?

"Poor little kitten..." he laughs mockingly. "Didn't you notice? I brought a friend."

I stare at him and the little black box in his hand.

"Seth paid good fucking money for this. That tracker isn't just for telling where you are, little kitten... it can drop you in a second," he muses with a sickening grin. "You didn't really think you'd get away this time did you?"

"Fucker!" It's screamed at him even as I drag myself across the floor. Trying to move anyway. Trying to do something, anything before it's too late. I don't want to lose him!

He shocks me again, dropping me into the pool of blood. "Such language kitten," he tuts as I shudder. "You'll be wearing a gag until you can learn to control that filthy mouth."

I open my eyes and stare across the floor at my lover.

Reg's gone still. I don't see any movement in his chest. The pool of liquids growth has slowed. He's so very very pale. But it's not like the movies where people's eyes close. No, his eyes stare, open and vacant back.

A void wraps around me, holding me in the emptiness of reality with abject horror.

Slowly I push myself to my hands and knees. My eyes spot a bag beside the couch, and in its side pocket, that little black injector.

Even an epi won't be enough...

My eyes flick to Bolton.

Then I lunge for it. Grabbing it, I twist onto my side and slam it against my thigh. But the lightning strikes hard and fast, making me scream as my hands clench around it, unable to hit the button to trigger that final destination.

He strolls over leisurely and kicks it from my hand.

"Did you really think that would work," he asks releasing the button so that I can breathe and cradle my swelling fingers to my chest. "You thought I wouldn't have heard about what you did to Seth? Really, Jazz?"

His boot drives into my ribs with a crunch that sends me rolling as each suck-in sends stabbing sensations through my side. My eyes land on that pale form. His eyes stare glassily at me without blinking; there's no flicker of life left. I'd give anything for you.

"The goddamn audacity of you, bitch..." he snarls. A knee sinks heavily into my side driving any air I had left out and drawing my attention back to Bolton. He pulls my arms back behind me and snaps them into fresh metal cuffs. When I try to kick him as he takes my ankle, he punishes me for it with a grind of that knee into my broken ribs until I'm sobbing against the floor.

When those are chained together, his knife removes the clothing until I'm laying in nothing but my skin and the bondage.

"Seth may have been your Master, but I am the Owner of your contract," he murmurs, cupping my breasts and pinching the nipples tight to make me squeal. "And it's about damn time I-"

The quiet shatters in barking, metallic explosions which echo through the empty house. One. Two. Three. I flinch, curling up small as his body collapses over mine with a sound like a rattling box from his lips as it jerks and spasms.

There are several heavy footfalls; the weight of his body is peeled back from my form and tossed aside. Dream stares down at me, his dark eyes cloaked with icy rage.

"Fuck," Alexander growls from off to the side. "Did he get them both?"

"She's alive," Devon growls quietly as he holsters the gun back into his jacket. "But in bad shape. I told him not to leave until the tracker was removed!"

"Hindsight is 20/20," Alexander replies dispassionately, holstering his own gun and walking over. "Ambulance is on the way. Someone must have called it in. How do you want to play it?"

"Tell them," Devon replies softly typing fast into his communicator. "that she was stolen from the House. We simply came to retrieve our property. Regulus was ambushed when he rushed in ahead of us. Hailey will have the documents to back it by the time the authorities reach us. She can be treated at the House."

"And if she tells them the truth when they interview her?"

The Nightmare simply smiles, but there's no warmth in it. "I'm sure she'll be a good girl. After all, look what fighting has gotten her. But in the odd event she decides to fight... rule eight still applies. Punish her accordingly."

Rule eight. Never open your mouth or they'll kill you for it.

I stare up at Dream, tears leaking from my eyes so slowly. He leans down, brushing them off my cheeks. "Oh, sweetheart," he murmurs. "By the time we're done you won't even remember him... so stop fighting the dreams and fall into them. You'll find them more merciful than reality."

They put me out of consciousness before the authorities come.

I wake up a long time later.

I feel like I've passed through dimensions. Nothing makes sense at first. I can't remember how I got here, or why I'm here. I just know that I'm finally awake. Which is a good thing.

Strapped in one of the dangling cages, staring into the pitch-black eyes of a panther, I blearily wipe my face on my arm. His smile is met by one of my own, tentative and unsure.

"Hello pretty girl," Dream croons, running his finger along my cheek so gently. "Welcome back. Are you ready to come down so you can finish your service?"

I stare at him, trying to make sense of where I am, of what's going on. My mind has vague memories of a hospital and something about a contract. But that doesn't seem important right now. What's important is the question he just asked me.

I nod slowly, begging him with my eyes. That feels like the right thing to do, and when he smiles, I get a small blossom of hope in my chest.

"Alright darlin'..." he purrs. "But only if you're good for me. After all, you have quite the hospital debt to pay down and I know you'll be a perfect addition to my House."

The (Alternate) End

12