All Comments on 'Final Flu Shanghai Ch. 01'

by jadling

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
jadlingjadlingabout 1 month agoAuthor

I wanted each of the many women in this story to feel real and individual to me while writing, so I created AI-generated realistic pictures of their faces, and they're freaking great. I highly recommend getting them (free) at patreon.com/JAEro before you read.

AndersonsBiographerAndersonsBiographerabout 1 month ago

This reminds me of an old series I once saw on here, the Grateful Virus. Interesting similarities.

jadlingjadlingabout 1 month agoAuthor

Yeah Grateful Virus is the first series I wrote. This is like a second try at the same basic idea. Different guy coincidentally named Jim turned into a breeding machine by a different virus.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

AndersonsBiographer, maybe check other stories by the author...

AndersonsBiographerAndersonsBiographerabout 1 month ago

Haha!

Yeah, sorry. I realized that you were the same person only after clicking on your name.

Your skill as a writer has improved over the years, and you were pretty good even to begin with.

AndersonsBiographerAndersonsBiographerabout 1 month ago

@Anon

Yes, thank you for that. Next time, before shooting off a quick message in the comments section, I'll look a little closer to see if two stories WRITTEN A DECADE AND CHANGE APART FROM EACH OTHER might have the same author.

So like I said, jadling, glad to see you back!

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

AI is theft dawg. "Fictional faces from generic prompts", where do you think they get the art to make that? By stealing it from people's galleries online, twitter posts, etc. and then copy/pasting parts together. Imagine someone went and fed your story into one of those processes, and then someone went "make a story like this" and it rips you off, and they go posting about how cool it is and that they want to post it under their name, using stuff that got stolen from your work. Incredibly disappointing to see you using it, even for inspiration.

jadlingjadling15 days agoAuthor

AI pics aren't theft. Not unless it'd be theft for a human painter to create an original face of a fictional character. The neural networks in the painter's brain were trained by seeing real faces, but he's not copying any of them, he's creating something new based on a trained understanding of what faces look like. Artificial neural networks do the same thing. It's not a copy of any one picture. And it's not a mashup of literal copies of parts of real pictures. That would look like garbage. The result is an original fictional face, just like a master painter could create, and whether it's real neural networks or artificial neural networks, it's the same thing. Training by seeing a lot of faces helps it understand how to make new realistic faces, then it uses that to make something new.

jadlingjadling12 days agoAuthor

Check out this YouTube video with the AI pics of the women he meets in this chapter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cHzQLi9GOE

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjadling@jadling
Writing almost believable stories about making unbelievable numbers of babies. And generating lots of hot AI pics to go with them. I post a lot of them free at https://patreon.com/JAEro

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES