Finding a Roommate

Story Info
A single man has to find a new roommate but finds more.
6.2k words
4.69
52.4k
108

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 11/11/2023
Created 04/25/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: I was hoping this would be my second story but the first is still going through some edits. Here's hoping you enjoy this enough for a second part...

To note: there's some bdsm elements and a little bit of a fetish scene towards the end that I felt advances the plot and I'm hoping those not into it, can appreciate that.

.

A recently single man has a new roommate. She's got a girlfriend so it's not going to be a problem, right?

--

I'd had a few break ups and undoubtedly, some stung for longer than others. During my University days, I hadn't managed to hold down a relationship -- not from a lack of trying but mostly from unlucky circumstance. In my first year, I got into a relationship with a girl in her final year and while we were solid for a few months, as her graduation approached and she got a job in another city, we knew that would be the end of it. In my second year, I walked into the kitchen at a house party to find my girlfriend tongue-wrestling with a guy she might have just met. It was her house so I couldn't even throw them out, as much as I'd have wanted to. I'd dated a bit after that but became a lot more guarded about relationships and probably over-thought it all.

It was towards the end of my final year when a few of my friends and I decided we need to take a night-off from relentless studying and just have some fun. We went to a bar in town and having felt like circumstance was always going against me, I had no complaints when I literally ran into Jen that night. Looking back, I never understood why I decided to break into a light jog to catch up with the waiter who had brought the wrong burger over. It was a busy bar and running into someone was almost inevitable. I knew immediately that Jen was full of class -- styling out the wine stains on her white shirt while proceeding to put me and my panicked state at ease, she was funny and pretty too. She said afterwards that she instantly knew we'd get on and it felt natural to move away from her friends and spend the rest of the night talking to me. Sometimes you know.

Breaking up with Jen was tough. She was a few years older than me and had got further along in her career than I had. She worked in policy (I still don't know what she actually did...) and she was aching to travel for work and all of the experiences that come with it. I was working as a project manager in a large technology company and was making good progress but I wasn't established. I worried if I left too soon it would be a huge mistake, having yet to deliver any high-value, career-making projects.

The tension began to eat into our relationship, our sex life and our happiness. Jen was extremely open and adventurous with sex. She was naturally quite submissive with a high sex drive and it would never take too long for her to get me in the mood and for us to have incredible sex. She loved to tease, often walking into the living room in lingerie or sending me a picture of her laying naked on our bed, ready for me to taste her sweet pussy. Sometimes she'd just drop to her knees without a word said, take my cock out and suck it until I came in her mouth. Eventually the sex started to drop away and we both realised we wanted different things. The choice was to either double-down and buy a house together or call it quits. I made the call and I think she was grateful as it gave her the push she needed to work abroad, as she always wanted.

It left me with a need for a new roommate as Jen and I had rented our place a couple of years ago and she wanted off the lease. I quickly realised going out to advert as a single, 25 year old man meant my roommate options were mostly limited to the kind of man-children I'd successfully shrugged off early on at University. Not good. A friend at work was working on our website upgrade and heard the PR Officer complaining about her lease expiring at short notice. He put me in touch with her after chatting to her and vouching for my character. I didn't know what to expect, I'd dealt with some of the PR & Comms people for some of my projects and found them to be a mixed bag. So it was with some hesitation that I went down to the on-site coffee shop to meet her.

When I arrived, I found a smartly dressed woman sipping her coffee and recognised the PR look. "Maddy?" I asked. The woman looked up, confused. Before she could speak I felt a tap on my shoulder and my attention was drawn to the tall, slim blonde who had followed me in and was now laughing sympathetically at me. I introduced myself and offered to buy her a coffee, apologising to the smartly dressed woman as I did so.

I joined the queue and was aware of Maddy watching me. No doubt assessing whether she could live with me. I hoped I wasn't too alarming to look at. We were about the same height -- she may even have had an inch or two on me and my 5'10 stature, despite the fact that II had been neglecting my haircut needs. Ordinarily it was short and brown, matching my eyes and my stubble but I was clearly feeling the breakup more than I'd admit as beyond work and home, I hadn't been doing much.

While our coffees were being prepared I looked over at Maddy and saw her pulling out a notebook. Maddy had her blonde hair slung over one shoulder, wearing a casual shirt and faded & ripped designer jeans. With her freckles, tan and trendy fashion sense, she could certainly turn a few heads. I felt reasonably confident I wouldn't face that issue. There just didn't seem to be that immediate attraction I always experienced when I met someone I knew i'd fancy. Sure, she was pretty and different and maybe even cool -- but it just wasn't there for me. So maybe it could work.

Taking the coffees, I walked over and received a warm "Thanks Adam!". I detected a hint of an accent so I began to suspect her tan was more natural than cosmetic. As expected, she really did interview me. She wanted to know about my interests as well as my lifestyle habits -- did I party? How about smoking? I thought I passed her tests and quickly thought of some questions to ask her too. Did she party, for instance? Was she expecting to have a load of friends over all the time? It seemed like her life was pretty calm, she spent a lot of time in the gym before or after work and saw her girlfriend a few times a week. She'd only just moved back to the UK after growing up here and needed to recreate a social circle. We were around the same age so that helped too. Maddy thought I'd get on with Jess and I took that as a good sign that my roommate search would be over soon.

***

Maddy moved in a couple of weeks later. I rented a van to help her do so and met Jess for the first time. She was the total opposite to Maddy, aside from height. She was tall and well-built and I wasn't surprised to hear they met in the gym. Jess was really funny and Maddy wasn't wrong about us getting on, which was a huge relief. I could see why Maddy liked her though, Jess was far from ugly and she'd found a look with her short hair and slightly less feminine clothes that really worked for her. I found out on the drive over that the relationship was fairly new which explained why Maddy was moving in with me, though I did wonder how long she'd be expecting to be on the lease for. Perhaps they'd move in together eventually or perhaps circumstance would get in their way too.

Jess hung out for a couple of hours and then felt she should leave so Maddy & I could get to know eachother a little more. I went to get a couple more beers at Maddy's request and walked back from the kitchen to find Jess locked in an embrace with Maddy that seemed to be quite intense. Maddy said goodbye and walked back into the living room rather breathless.

I said, "If that's how she says goodbye for an evening, I hope you haven't got any holidays planned without her!"

Maddy laughed but I saw some shyness there. "I like it," she said.

Maddy busied herself drinking some beer and we discussed what takeaway to get, eventually settling on pizza. It was a good first evening together and I suspected things would only get better as we settled into our routine. Later that night I went to bed and heard her using the bathroom for a while before settling down too. I thought about watching some porn (like Jen I also had a high sex drive) but decided against it, given it was my first night with Maddy in the house.

The following day I went with Maddy to set her up at my local gym. She mentioned that Jess had jokingly warned her off talking to the women in this gym. I laughed with her but silently raised a red flag in my mind. The girl needed friends! A gym was a good a place as any to find some. We worked out together and I was pleased to find I hadn't lost as much fitness as I'd expected.

I was in the free weight section doing some bicep curls with half an eye on Maddy who was working hard on the rowing machine. I could see the definition in her arms and her abs. I heard a whispered, "Dayum, that girl is fitty fit fit!" I looked over and saw a couple of the more bulked up men eyeing her hungrily.

"You're not her type," I said evenly. They looked over and I added "I'm her roommate." They nodded, a little embarrassed and dropped any intention to go over. I'd seen them psyche eachother up before when other new women would join the gym and knew what would have been coming.

Maddy & I finished up in the gym and went for a light lunch. I didn't mention the 'fitty fit' incident; she didn't need to hear that. I was heading out later in the evening to meet a few friends and asked it she'd like to join but she declined citing it being a Sunday.

As we worked through our lunch, she asked, "So, no girlfriend or boyfriend?"

I shook my head and told her about my recent breakup with Jen. It was the first time I'd spoken about it in great detail. I'd told friends various versions of 'it just wasn't working out' but Maddy had an easy way about her that led to me breaking it all down at length. It was therapeutic, whether she meant it to be or not.

She looked down at her food after I'd finished and said with a hint of sadness, "I broke up with someone before I came back here. I found out later that she was looking to propose."

I felt an instant sadness for her and wanted to reach out and squeeze her hand but decided against it given we'd only just started to get to know eachother. I settled for a sympathetic smile and encouraged her to continue.

"I wanted to move back here after my parents moved us to Oz a few years ago and she always knew that," Maddy said firmly and then sighed, "Ah well."

I smiled sympathetically again as all didn't seem to be well. We returned home and I got ready to go out a few hours later. I had a good time with the guys, most of them worked different shifts so didn't have work the next day. I was sensible and made it back late in the evening but at a reasonable enough time. I could hear voices and assumed Jess was over. I got changed into my house shorts and a comfortable t shirt before going out to say hello. Surprisingly, Maddy was on a video call with her parents. Sooner than I expected to meet the parents, good thing she's just a roommate, I thought.

I introduced myself, told them what I did and had a general chat about Australia as I'd never been -- infact, I'd never been outside Europe. Maddy looked at me in mock outrage and promised to take me to Vegas for my bachelor party. After a few more minutes, I politely excused myself and went to my room. A little while later I heard Maddy end the call and knock on my bedroom door. I pulled my eyes away from my phone and invited her in.

"Thanks for being so cool and chatting to them," she said, taking a seat on my desk chair and looking across at me on my bed..

I laughed, "You have cool parents, mine couldn't compete."

It was true, my parents had retired early to the coast and spend most of their days gardening and sitting by the beach. I couldn't imagine them dialling onto a video call and having such a chilled conversation with me, however.

As I got lost in my daydream, I initially failed to notice Maddy's mood change to one of sadness. Feeling that this time, I really shouldn't hold back, I rose from my bed and closed the distance, pulling her into a tight hug. She didn't have to say it, I knew she was lonely and a little lost.

"It will get easier," I promised. "Next time I go out, you're coming with me. You drink beer, the guys will love you already!"

My reassurance seemed to lift her spirits. So much so that as she got up to leave, she offered to make us dinner after work the next day. We'd already discussed being flexible with cooking and not assuming the other person would cook for both of us, so I really appreciated the offer but my thoughts had turned elsewhere and I wasn't as gracious as I could have been in having her leave.

After closing the door behind Maddy, I let out a deep breath. I closed my eyes and recalled our hug. I could still smell the coconut shampoo in her hair and I could still almost feel her apparently pierced nipples against my chest, something I'd never encountered before. Despite a lack of initial attraction, despite the fact she had a girlfriend and I was recently getting over breaking up with my own, I was turned on. Fuck.

***

Maddy and I struck up a really good routine across the first few weeks. We'd often travel to and from work together unless one of us had time to go to the gym in the morning, though even that started to become a shared activity. I also started inviting her out to drinks with friends from work or outside of work. She was great fun and more than held her own, able to take jokes as well as she could give them. There was no doubt we were starting to become good friends and as good as that was for Maddy, it was good for me too. I hadn't thought of Jen for weeks and was starting to feel like my old self. I even got that long overdue haircut!

The incident with Maddy in my room had worried me but I was extremely relieved to realise that I hadn't had a reaction like that again. I couldn't easily explain why it had happened though I told myself it was sensory overload and left it at that. It was a good thing too that 'The Incident' as I was now calling it, hadn't led to further thoughts about Maddy because as our friendship grew over the following months and summer turned to the colder months, her barriers reduced. She had taken to doing yoga in the living room when we didn't go to the gym and as such, I was often present while she did it. I spent a lot of time trying not to look at what was unquestionably the best ass I had ever seen, squeezed into yoga pants. She'd also stopped getting changed in the bathroom after her showers which had been cold and impractical, and now started walking with a towel wrapped around her to her room. Being as tall as she was, a towel couldn't cover her whole height and there was often a lot of leg on show, always smooth and shaved. There were other signs of her settling in, of course, but I paid particular attention to the things that might recreate 'The Incident' so I could keep things in check.

Jess was still around though not as frequently as I expected at the start. I had started to suspect that for Jess, it was becoming purely sexual. I was sure Maddy realised this but her general personality seemed to be to 'go with the flow' and not question it too much. It was always a surprise to see how different Maddy was at work. In the few times we'd had meetings together, she was assertive and confident, helping with the communication and PR for some of the higher-value projects I was starting to take on for the company. It was a good thing too as one of the projects involved job-cutting and was likely to face a lot of external attention over the coming weeks. I didn't want to do it but I could understand the business need.

On the way home with Maddy after a particularly gruelling day at work, I decided to skip the gym and get home to rest. Maddy surprised me by deciding to skip the gym too and offered to take care of things for the evening. She opened a bottle of beer for the both of us and got started on a stir fry when we got home and changed. I sat and closed my eyes and before I knew it, she was plating up. We sat on the sofa and watched a comedy, I felt the pressure of the day draining away but I remained tense. Maddy stood up after dinner in her little gym shorts and white ankle socks and walked over to me.

"You're still way too tense Adam and you have a long week ahead," she said.

"I'm fine, honestly. You've got the fallout from all this so that'll probably be worse soon!" I said with a small smile.

Maddy chuckled, moving behind me, "I know, that's why I'm doing this now, so you have to repay me when I need it." She proceeded to place her hands on my shoulders and start to massage me. I had to admit she was incredibly good at it, leaving me jealous of Jess and how she must often get this. I settled into it until she felt the noticeable relaxation of my muscles and then, surprising me further, kissed me on the cheek. I felt my skin warm and smelt the familiar scent of coconut as she moved back passed my ear, her hair following her. "You got this," She added reassuring.

I thanked her and took a sip of my beer to hide any other reactions to that situation. I knew then and there that I needed to start dating and soon, but work was going to make that very difficult. Later that night I messaged my friends to see if they were free to go out that Friday. I knew Jess was coming over so it provided me with a great opportunity to get out there, away from Maddy.

I was raring to go on Friday evening and had a great night. One of my friends, James, was fantastic at starting up conversations and soon enough, he brought over a woman he was speaking to and three of her friends. I was pleased to have got the number of one of them by night's end, sealed with a rather intense kiss.

As I got back home, seeing it was after midnight, I expected the lights to be off. Jess had normally left by now, she rarely stayed over. I was surprised to see the tv was still on and the shower was running. As I turned the tv off and stepped towards my bedroom, Jess walked into view moving towards the bathroom. We locked eyes and she smiled at me. It took me a moment to process what my eyes were seeing. Jess was naked; tattooed body and pierced nipple on show. More startling than that was the large black dildo strapped around her waist. It was glistening and clearly freshly used. She stood there proudly and smirked at my shocked reaction.

"She's a right little slut with my cock inside her, you should hear the way she moans while I fuck her. Then she sucks it clean like her life depends on it," Jess said.

I decided there and then that I didn't like Jess. This wasn't okay. Influenced by my prior alcohol, I replied with barely a missed beat, "I bet she'd like a real cock even more in that case," and walked passed her to my room.

Maddy didn't discuss my conversation with Jess the next day which led me to believe she had no idea it had happened. That suited me fine, the less I thought of Maddy taking that big plastic cock, the calmer my head would be. Given I also had a hangover, this felt particularly helpful. Later in the day after I'd recovered enough to go grocery shopping, Maddy messaged to say that Jess was on her way over and wondered if I could buy extra for dinner. Grumbling silently, I nevertheless politely agreed and made my way home a little while later.

After getting home and closing the door behind me, instinct told me something was different. Silence, and then loud voices from Maddy's bedroom.

"That's it slut, take my big dick, you know you love it!"

"Uh, fuck. Uh, fuck baby," came Maddy's unmistakable Aussie-tinged accent.

12