All Comments on 'Finding Home'

by GatorRick

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
THE GOOD TRAINING PROVES INVALUABLE

but individuals still have to function in their roles. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Just got done reading all five of your stories. you are now one of my favorite authors.

keep writing, Love the stories A+

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

The idea of a "navy Chaplin" is quite amusing, though I can't quite picture Charlie Chaplin in a uniform. For future reference, it should be "chaplain."

GatorRickGatorRickover 10 years agoAuthor
Darn it. Missed that one.

I missed that one, anonymous. You're correct. It should have been chaplain..

BelgiumBelgiumover 10 years ago
Seems a bit a rush job.

Seems a bit a rush job

.

Also, another story of political wishful thinking from the author: the unnamed president ‘s wife is named Ann, so he must be a fictional President Romney.

Not the first time the author makes a historical snafu in the earlier story he placed Osama Bin Laden’s death a year earlier in a previous President’s administration. As the president who was in charge at the time (2011) was overwhelmingly re-elected a year later (2012), that’s not correct.

Personally I’m happy it’s a fictional president Romney because he would have been a disaster and not the President of the ordinary American but of the wealthy few.

jimdel1jimdel1over 10 years ago
who the hell cares about the spelling?????????????

on this day...9/11/13.............the 12th anniverseryof that day of infamy in new york, the pentagon, and shanksvill, pa...........we honor and remember those nearly 3000 souls lost forever! among them many of our first responders! when somebody like you posts a story like this , please, no fault finding of the writer! GOD BLESS THE USA, AND ALL WHO SERVE AND HAVE SERVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh, by the way........GOOD STORY!!!!!

tangentjokertangentjokerover 10 years ago
I thought it was clever

that Rick was riding home on the Eisenhower, considering their hull number is 69. CVN 69. What an unfortunate number for a great ship.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
A Real tearjerker

But I am a soft touch. Truly I do not why he did not continue his study of mathematics.... Good mathematicians are tough to find.

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Great Story!!!! ****

I AGREE 1000% with ( jimdel1 ) Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Rushed and in need of a hell of a lot of editing, for something you say you enjoy doing, you don't take any pride at all in your stories.

hebert100hebert100over 10 years ago
another good one

thanks again for a good story. too bad the haters can't leave a name. might have been a little short, but still a very good story. the scene when Susan is told of Rick's death is all too real. I have family in the Corps and the Army. In these times, no one wants to think about a visit like that. Thanks again. PS if this looks like a duplicate post, Its because I think I screwed up my first one. Gig Um and Keep writing

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
Well, GatorRick, I am not familiar with your writings but I loved this story.

It was a great story with romance and patriotism and with the bad guy going to prison (about 20 years, at least, day for day, I hope). I have absolutely nothing but admiration and praise. As a Navy Veteran I am always proud of the celebration of their prowess. Thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Story!

I love your stories! I have seen comments by some that say they are all the same--please don't listen to this tripe---so what if some of them have a similar theme--I couldn't care less. What is important is that within the theme, they have more than enough variation to hold the reader's interest, which they do a fine job at.

Nicely done!

Thanks,

Sam

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Does an army Chaplin conduct services in a tramp costume?

Please find an editor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
In defense of The Author

Some reviews tv these two storries have really hit the author hard because he is not always accurate with facts, procedures, or reality. My response to them is please keep in mind this is a story, an authors imagination being turned lose. It is not a documentary of historical fact.

George in Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
gator,

Take any bad comments with a grain of salt, a large one.

Its not easy writing, and to do so for free, for others enjoyment is a noble thing. Story tellers have always been held in high regard. As for your stories, you should be proud.

Perhaps others should try writing, I am now, its fun, but work.

So keep em coming, these tales are very good, and happy endings never go out of style.

GoodhueGoodhuealmost 9 years ago
Very Nice Two-Parter!

I know she had a kid,but why did Susan just give up on becoming a vet?

Other than that one question,I really enjoyed the heart-warming story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
FANTASTIC

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Now this is a CLASSIC! ! Perfect in every way. This is TopShelf story Pleeeeeeeeze may i have some more? Love you all! Bye.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Another 20!!!!!

Another winner. Best author here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
More

Sure wish you would write more stories.

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
AND WHEN YOU THINK ITS ALL UNDER CONTROL

the universe laughs and a stone is up-turned, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Silly You

You forgot to mention your grand Dad left you 280 million dollars in his will.

penneydog55penneydog55about 6 years ago
Yeah

A comment below I agree with them. Where is the spondulicks, folding stuff, moolah, from Ricks Parents estate and insurance from their deaths! ?

Mr Gator Rick I have read all your Stories over and over again and I have to say that they are Fantastic Stories! Well that's my Comment 5 ★ WOOF!

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago

Had most of his shoulder replaced in the preceding tale. Back to active duty? No way in hell.

That was an immediate turn off.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 4 years ago

I loved the story line and characters. This is one of the better love story that has a happily ever after ending which I like being a hopeless romantic. Gets my 5 star vote.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Chaplain

Chaplain

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 2 years ago

This was a wasted effort. It was silly and accomplished nothing beyond the original story. I commented that an earlier story by this author was trite and I feel that this word describes the style of all his stories and I will make a point of not revisiting his site. 2*

GatorRickGatorRickover 2 years agoAuthor

To Overcritical comment of 10/18/2021. Just what have you submitted to this site? I'll wait. Oh Yeah. . . NOTHING!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was sweet, I liked seeing more of their lives together. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I’ve binge read most of your stories this week. Some are 5 star for sure. I find it interesting that some themes seem to crop up in most of your tales. For all you critics who think this writing is easy, try it yourself, it’s not. Some of GatorRicks stories are better than others , but all in all he’s a fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I enjoy your stories very much. They are entertaining & that is what I come to read. They may not be perfect or for everybody but I enjoy them & re-read them often. It has been a while since your last story. I hope everything is fine with you & that we can expect some more stories from you in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story overall, but this should have included a chapter about his actual mission.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous