All Comments on 'Finding Home Pt. 04'

by BadWriter75

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I like you story - keep up the good work! Here follows a couple of nitnoids about Marine jargon, which is different than the Army’s: 1) No Marine will ever refer to themselves or their comrades as “soldiers” — call a Marine a “soldier” and you will get a rapid correction. Marines call each other “Marine” (always capitalized, by the way) and sometimes “Jarhead,” “Devildog” or “Devil.” 2) Marine non-commissioned officers are called “NCOs” (“EN-CEE-OHs) never “noncoms.” “(Noncoms is Army lingo, I think.) 3) Marines even abbreviate ranks differently— USMC Sgt, Cpl vs Army SGT, CPL, etc etc. 4) The rank above Sgt in the Corps is Staff Sergeant (SSgt) and it usually a Marine makes it with about ten and half years of Service. This said, a Marine being awarded (never “winning”) the Navy Cross from the hands of the VP, very likely would also be getting a meritorious promotion to SSgt as well. 5) I think the hero hung his “ Service Dress Alphas” (“greens”) in his closet at the college — the uniform for the Navy Cross ceremony would almost certainly be “Dress Blue Alphas” - meaning the dress blue uniform with large medals.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great Story, just get a few terms squared away, and you will be fine. Now Carry On. Semper Fi!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Story is so-so, but you wrote yourself into a corner. This story is over.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Plus Andy becomes a cuck, waste of time

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

Powerful chapter. I hope “Anon” is wrong and there is NO cuck story down the road. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fucking bullshit by the grandfather to try to take the hit for this. Everyone in the family loses their integrity. There is no real good excuse for withholding this information from Andy. Calling a spade a spade...... this is bull crap to explain that Christopher lied in highschool and that he wasn't gay and that he and Ellen were dating and now engaged there is nothing here to prevent this from being disclosed before this day of the announcement. Seriously this is bad writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous