All Comments on 'Fire'

by ManSellingMoons

Sort by:
  • 93 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What was that?

Nothing here made a lick of sense. Just really bad writing. Good thing you aren't trying to make money.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Really??

Agreed. What was this? It wasn't even a scene. Just some rambling nonsense. She will leave? Then he does? Nothing made any sense. 1 for whatever this is.

kdcee79kdcee79over 7 years ago
WTF

I can certainly believe your disclaimer - no sane person would ever pay for this. I'm not sure if you're trying to be extremely clever ( if so , I give up, you lost me ) or you're a really, really poor writer - the latter I think. Please don't write a sequel. 1 *

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What an idiotic crap!!! MINUS 5*!!!

Are you thinking you are a literary or what??? Thats literotica "loving wive" and not a poetry reading!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not a story

Next time make it a story before you post

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
TOO MANY MISSING SUPPOSITIONS

as to WTF really happened, TK U MLJ LV NV

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 7 years ago
Very minimalist

Requires a lot of reader participation - quite challenging - quite intimidating - strong style, but you're gonna catch a lot of flack from most. I like it. Hope you have more. Thanks *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What????

I've it twice and have no idea what I read! I assume his wife cheated, but maybe she an abortion, maybe killed someone, maybe she refused to go to company dinner and lost him his job. No telling!

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
I have two reactions to this story...

My first was that this was a terrific first effort, as you managed to relate so much psychological impact in to so comparatively few words.

My second reaction, which happened right after reading the story and the first two comments form "annony" was, well, I kind of agree with some of what they said too.

There is such a thing as a great economy of words, but then there is also such a thing as leaving out too much of the story's details to really make a complete picture.

That, in the end is what this story is, it is both a complete picture of the decisive elements of the story psychologically, but it is also the barest bones of a story...it is a skeleton, perhaps even only a partial skeleton, but it moves and tells a story, despite the incompleteness of the shapes and the balkiness of the motions caused by the lack of flesh, sinew, muscle, and smooth skin to cover those bones.

So, in the end I'm of two minds...this story is both good and bad, in differing ways at the same time. I gave you 5* for the effort - and to balance out the too-low, IMO 1*s.

I did particularly enjoy how you teased the true meaning of "You're going to leave" from what could have been at first a forlorn questioning cry of anticipated loss to the declarative "You'll leave" fully translated into a "get the fuck out of here" command imperative at the end. Nicely done there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Just using words well

without a story or even an outline is not being an author, sorry

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
food for thought

strange but provoking thought for sure ------nice start continue it, i gave you a 5 ---i see potential

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Disclaimer: I make no money from this.

NO SHIT SHERLOCK

ju8streadingju8streadingover 7 years ago

seems to need finished

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
?

have no idea

ManSellingMoonsManSellingMoonsover 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the feedback

The good and the bad, both are appreciated. This was a sort of epilogue to a lot of LW stories.

I like reader participation. While I will flesh out my stories more, there will always be that little something, that little detail that the characters will allude to, that wouldn't be there in the story.

To the flamers though, realize that writing bad stories is a part of growing as a writer. Rome wasn't built in a single day. I appreciate you giving me feedback anyways.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
"This was a sort of epilogue to a lot of LW stories. "

Cite three.

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
I don't think it needs a ending...

I don't think it needs a ending...This was the end. It needs the beginning, the how they got here, to know "where her true loyalties lie". Even if it's a little dense, I think it's a good beginning...3*

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 7 years ago
This was good, 5* writing

Of course, this is only an extract from a much long story.

You might choose to share the rest of it with us, which would be great as I want to learn more about them and their friends.

Maybe this will become one of those stories with multiple other authors adding their idea as to the beginning, the middle and the end of this story.

That'd be great, too.

And please do continue writing, you have a good style.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
missing an ending

and a beginning. and everything else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
??????????????????????????????????

What the hell??????????????????????????????????????????????

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 7 years ago
Your story made a question pop in my head.

Why is it ok to get a divorce because you're not in love but somehow adultery justifies murder?

I mean, are we living in some shit stained town under Sharia Law? Did the Muslims take over and groom our underaged daughters for sex while stoning any woman caught without her husband?

The fuck is wrong with you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Flash Stories

need to give readers enough to feel part of the scene or at least understand what they are viewing from a great distance--even if the images are blurry.

twistedsickmindtwistedsickmindover 7 years ago
Bravo!

This was an excellent flash. Well done. But it requires a functioning brain cell. Too many trolls in LW lack that essential quality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WTF this story went no where

Drag her into court ???? Not enough information even given to justify or clarify any outcome . What the fuck did she do and why court. Usually the guy gets fucked or a 50 ; 50 split. Just enough info to regret reading this in the first place. Had the potential to be a great story

hadrupriderhadrupriderover 7 years ago
What?

I'm afraid I have to agree to some extent with the anonymous trolls!

You seem to be trying to write something clever and sophisticated and literary, but I'm afraid I really have very little idea what is going on here at all.

I think the issue may be that you have a story scenario in your head that you are trying to describe in a clever way. But because you know the story yourself, you are not aware that to somebody coming into it cold, it just makes no sense.

I would suggest writing something more straightforward to start with, without trying to write like a Man Booker prize winner.

Also, this is an erotic stories site. Now erotic, of course, does not mean that you have to have lots of explicit sex in the story, but I really can't see much eroticism at all in this story. Sorry but only two stars. Now you can be rude about my story if you like :)

By the way, in case you are not aware, it is possible to moderate (ie delete) some of the sillier comments through your control panel thing if you want to.

EzrollinEzrollinover 7 years ago

Stories are supposed to be entertaining,this wasn't.

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Fascinating

But it could use a bit of connectivity to reality.

gordo12gordo12over 7 years ago
What did I just read?

I have no idea. It appears to be missing any explanation or semblance of a plot.

As to why it's in LW which is extra marital fun escapes me. 1*

njlaurennjlaurenover 7 years ago
Not really a story

Since the reader is left out of the joke so to speak,in that all we know is the husband is pissed ,the wife did something bad and that is it.So what? It isn't clever,it reminds me of the rant Lion Twain gives about bad detective fiction...that the author hides everything being 'clever'

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
And?

And - wtf? Write a story, yes I know you don't make any money at this but, if you have a tale to tell, do it.

Thanks for the effort

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Trying to be M Night Shamayalan?

The only thing I can get from this is that you expect the LW genre to fill in the blanks about a standard cheater marriage, but only included one clue and forgot reveal that everyone is indeed dead. The tags do it, but not really.

She sleeps her way up the good chain, her rich lover made her openly cuck him, he alienated himself from his two kids because he doesn't have the banks to get a divorce because the courts suck. He can't burn/kill her and because she won't go away, he burns/suicides in his own flame.

Bruce "Jake" Wilis east your heart out, amirite?

DrKenStoneDrKenStoneover 7 years ago
????????????

Just dumb

FirstwithUFirstwithUover 7 years ago
Nice start.

You've described the emotions but not what is going on. I don't think anyone will get it, I.e. understand. We need a little background to have any feelings or response to the characters. There is no fire , hell there is no smoke, just nothing. Even this short comment has more feeling. I like to encourage new writers to continue developing their talent and style. Good new writers are few and far between. Your descriptions are good, your on the right tract. Now give us the back story ! Why should we care about these people? Write the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Pathetic crap

You drop us in the middle of a story with no beginning or end. If you're trying to be cute, you've failed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I like it.

This is a short story. It's a moment. Could it be longer? Yeah, but it doesn't need to be. I can create my own back story from this. I don't need to change anything. I don't get mad at anything. It's what a short story should be.

He has people wanting more.

Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Write some more stories, MSM

You're good at this, and you'll keep getting better. You're a writer. Don't stop.

patilliepatillieover 7 years ago
What the hell was that about?

I mean, made me interested in what she had done, how much he had loved her, how she murdered that love. What hut where?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Was it?

No it wasn't much of a story. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
My 2 cents?....

...it's incomplete. Personally I don't see the point in putting out part of a story and basically expecting the reader to finish it for you. You say you make no money from this...I hope you weren't expecting that to change in the future if this is the kind of work you intend to produce. Most people don't consider reading fiction to be a DIY project.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 7 years ago
Sorry, it sucked

Too much wrong to convey.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 7 years ago
** This a tease, not a story

There is not enough here to call it a story. Perhaps a story idea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nutz

What a nut job....whacko!

1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Bullshit

Pathetic meaningless story please do better next time

IndyOnIndyOnover 7 years ago
WHAT?

Have no clue what you were talking about....

She did something? He didn't want to talk about it! Now she must leave and not come back? because "I don't want to turn into you."

Like I said....WHAT? I just told the exact same story in about one and a half lines!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WTF???

Just WTF? Pure gibberish and a waste of a 2 minute read.

chytownchytownover 7 years ago
We Have Been MOONED!!!!!!!*

Please no more!!!!! LMBO

mike9698mike9698over 7 years ago
Ohhhh

You are so clever. Your like those idiots who take a bucket of paint and throw it at canvas and think they just made a masterpiece. Moron.

JayG88JayG88over 7 years ago
I Liked It!

There are some really nice turns of phrase here and I think it's written really well. Feel's like a fragment rather than a story in it's own right. Really good effort though.

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 7 years ago
Is This All You Have?

1star for an incomplete work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Huh?!

You should have started with ..."It was a dark and stormy night....".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wasted time

I think I'll leave too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Keep Reading

Hint Hint You are no writer. The 4 "W" of writing and you completely missed them all. WHAT were you thinking? WHERE did this happen? WHEN did it happen? LAST BUT NOT LEAST; WHY did you waste my time?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
5great read! HEY ANNONY you retard

you read all of these LW stories then bitch about them. Your time is usles anyway so nothing lost asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Huh?

What a stupid story. What the fuck were you trying to say? This story does not make sense to anybody. I don't think it even makes sense to you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
No clue of what was going on

It was like coming in for 5 minutes in the middle of a 2 hour movie; you don't know who anyone is, you don't know why they're doing what they're doing, and you don't know what is going to happen in the end. It seemed to be ramblings of of someone not quite drunk but close enough that they're talking to themselves. No better than a 1* effort regardless of the writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I have no idea what happened, and I feel like I just wasted 3 minutes of my life I can't get back.

phil2213phil2213over 6 years ago
I gave this a four stars rating by mistake

I read this on my smartphone and accidentally hit four stars. I honestly don't have enough information to rate this any stars. It is a loose end of a story that seems well written and very stoic. If it had a buildup of who the characters are and what they are doing it might give a reader a better idea as to the point of this apparent showdown.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
WHAT THE FUCK?!!!!!

This isn't even a story. There's no story line, no commentary of any kind. No plot developement or character definition of any kind. What a fucking waste of space.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

This was a trailer to the worst movie ever made. Stop writing, it isn't for you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Just WOW!!!

What a FUCKING waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
5! Annony said: " What

a waste of time". That's what his wife said when she saw his 3 inch cock. That's why she fucked all those men during their entire marriage.

anonymousinblueanonymousinblueabout 6 years ago

Well, I hardly think this is as bad as people think it is...although the introduction is painful enough I'm going to take the time to elaborate.

It's quite likely on a literature site that most of us do our fair share of reading. Reading erotica might have a statistically significant correlation with intelligence, but this is hardly the cesspool of the internet that you will save or grace with your writing. And I highly doubt that the urge to write is unique, nor the ability special - we've all written some bullshit of one form or another for school. And I disagree, I don't think you love the reaction. And I don't believe anyone gives a shit whether you make money from it or not. Since when do associations and sources of funding need to be disclosed...are you a research paper writer? I lost half my shit right there.

I've never found an author's preface that did not contain factual and strictly relevant information, like the name of a followup story, in any way helpful, and have found many to partially or totally ruin a story.

Now, back to the program. This acts a bit pretentious...if I get it, he leaves her in her house of anger to burn up as he walks out. Although not every supporting statement seems to make sense. It was probably nothing like this in the first draft.

Some parts are good. The dialogue is good. I like he asserts instead of questions. It's too colorful, tone it down. Everything around the dialogue is good, but the first half labors into some points too much. 2/3 of anything related to clarity should be right cut, or condensed should there be an ort within you can't live without. And the epiphany part needs to be taken out back and put down like a lame race horse. Alright, its airy like a sponge cake. Obviously that was the intent. It might be more satisfying for others if there was slightly little more substance.

And finally, I recommend not reading this comment or taking any suggestions within seriously. This is for entertainment purposes only. Any statements are the opinion of the writer only, and may lead to physical or psychological harm if read. If you do not agree to these terms, return the unopened package to the place of purchase for full refund.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Huh?

??

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Not

I'm not smart enough to begin to understand this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What?

No beginning, middle or end.

Perhaps a rewrite with a bit more of what it's about?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
WTF

WTF

It was under revenge. Where is it?? So WTF.

Negative rating

Hkzainau

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 5 years ago
Not Complete

You left out way too much. Basically, you gave us just the middle of the story - no beginning, and no ending. This makes it a very poor story to read because we have so little information.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Where

Where is the next Chapter ? It is incomplete . More Questions then answers ..

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 4 years ago
Questions and questions

Huh?

lujon2019lujon2019about 3 years ago

no drama revenege or after math

one star for lying to the audience

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just a pen scratching nonsense guided by a chaotic mind.

sf_operative63sf_operative63over 2 years ago

And the moral of this story is...what?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Huh?????

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Complete, utter nonsense. What a waste. Will never read another word from this doofus.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

WTF? This reads like it’s supposed to be evocative, focusing solely on the rage. But emotion detached from context and detail is essentially meaningless. I do not want to read every boring detail of their entire life history, but maybe one decent paragraph about who they are and one paragraph about what happened would anchor the rage for the reader and get us to give a damn.

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 2 years ago

Wtf??? Some more details would've suffice. This seems more like a preview to an actual story than a real story.

BH54BH54almost 2 years ago

What a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

WHAT THE FCUK

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

This was like a painting done without a canvas, just wind drifting by with no form or even cause, something that just was.

In other words...wtf dude. Context, other than her being a cheater, you gave us nothing to piece this mess together with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

.......and I read this?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very poorly executed. Think it through some more.

KaeyoKaeyoover 1 year ago

Too much symbolism, too little substance. I am sure this was intended to be thought provoking, but it turned out to be merely confused and confusing. “Background” and “reason” are not dirty words. Use them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The absolute bare minimum of a LW story, and the only part that matters. Well executed for what it is - essentially, a snippet - and distinct in its absolute refusal to elaborate further and the vivid little snapshot of the wife... Ignore the comments below, I don't need 4 pages of backstory and 5 pages of character shilling, author exposition, farcial karma and wish fulfillment to get 5 Stars worth of enjoyment from this.

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 1 year ago

that went over my head

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

????????????????

pukgpukg11 months ago

stick to he day job

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

That was a waste of time sven if t was only about 30 seconds

usaretusaret9 months ago

Terrible prose (if you can call it that). Nothing more, nothing less.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

WTF. Makes no sense whatsoever.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Virtually no reference point from which to make sense of this.

Norseman123Norseman123about 1 month ago

Are you on drugs or something this story makes no sense 2**

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous