Fire

Story Info
Rachel finds there is more than one way to start a fire.
6.7k words
4.39
7k
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It had been a rough, few months to say the least. My husband of 17 years left and moved in with his new boyfriend. Yeah, boyfriend. The marriage was falling apart long before that, and it's hard to want to be intimate with a man who says he wants the things that come with marriage but wants to do none of the work. He went off to a new life and left me with the responsibilities. It was probably for the best. Resigned to my new inevitable future as a crazy cat lady, I settled into my new single life.

Thankfully, as a charge nurse on a busy floor, I was usually overly tired from spending most of a 12-hour shift on my feet, dealing with people's sometimes petty problems, solving issues, and generally doing more than my share of the work. While parts of me enjoyed my new found freedom, I will admit there were times I felt lonely. And, I was holding on to years of sexual frustration. Thank God for toys and a good imagination. I looked forward to my near daily date with my vibrating friends.

Feeling overworked and over stressed, I arrived home from my 12-hour shift feeling spent. My two cats weaved between my tired legs, rubbing up against me with their usual affectionate greetings. I bent my tired body over to stroke their sleek fur joking soft..." If only I could get that reaction from a man." One of them meowed up at me in an almost disgruntled way as if to say... "Hey, what do you need one of those for when you have us!"

I stumbled over to the kitchen, half dead from a rough shift of dealing with a group of squabbling family members. There were a few petty arguments among some of my staff members in addition to several emergent calls through the hospital. One thing after another kept me running all night. I had just enough energy to feed the cats. I should have been famished, and in some ways, I was, but right now a cup of tea and a warm bath sounded better followed by my nightly adventure with my handheld friend knowing it would relax me and help me sleep better.

I grabbed the kettle from the stove, yawned as I went over to fill it, put it on the burner. At that moment, I heard a crash in the other room, finding that my two kitties were squabbling and had knocked over my favorite lamp instead of chowing down on their dinner for the night. I threw my hands up in the air, "Ah fuck it!" I decided to forget about the tea, and wandered up the stairs. I kicked my shoes off, stripped out of my scrubs, my undies, threw them haphazardly into the hamper, and wandered into the bathroom. I turned on the hot water, threw in some Epsom salts and a bath bomb. While the water ran in the tub, I started into the mirror... feeling like I looked a mess. I pulled the clip out of my hair shook it out, and looked at myself in the mirror. In some ways, my 50 years had been kind... people often said I looked younger than my age, and I was young at heart. After my husband left, I got my second tattoo, and started experimenting with my hair color. My somewhat new lavender locks fell in loose curls over my pale shoulders. I stood looking at my 5'6" frame in the mirror. Working nights sort of made me part vampire. I'd always been a plump girl. Ample breasts, butt... I was... as they call it... a thick girl.

I'd struggled with weight my whole life. Sometimes, it wreaked havoc with my self-esteem. Sometimes, it weirdly empowered me. Tonight, I was too tired to think about it. I threw my hair up in a messy bun, turned on some music, turned off the water, and slid into the warm, raspberry colored and scented water with a slight moan. I turned on the jets, felt the steam caress what little of my skin remained above water, and sighed. I closed my eyes and let my mind wander along with my hands sliding over my slightly soapy yet soft skin... exploring and enjoying my own body. I may have even dozed off a few minutes. I woke to the sound of my cats meowing loudly, one of them scratching at the door, and a smell of smoke. I pulled myself up quickly, almost slipping, wet, my hair clinging to my face from the steam of the bath, I threw open the door to a sight of smoke filling the hall. As soon as I opened the bedroom door, the smoke detector in the bedroom was triggered.

"Damn him!" I muttered, thinking about the reason why it was only now that I was hearing a smoke alarm. I no longer had one in the kitchen, and as I stepped out of the room, I could see flames coming from the kitchen. I kept a fire extinguisher on each floor, grabbed the one from upstairs and cautiously scrambled down the stairs nearly tripping on the tie to my robe which I had not yet tied. Just as I did, I was startled half to death by a pounding at the door. TFD -- and suddenly, two burly figures burst through the door, garbed in full fire gear and rushed past me to the kitchen where the fire was emanating from the stove. High flames licking the ceiling and the wall, but thankfully hadn't yet caught the ceiling on fire. I set the extinguisher down, pulled my robe tightly around me, and tied it shut.

Thankfully, the fire was out in a near instant. I was very lucky this didn't burn the entire kitchen. This would be fun to explain to the insurance company. "Shit!" I muttered to myself. "I was so tired; I must have turned the stove on and not realized it before I put the kettle on. One of the firemen or women... stepped toward me and pulled off hat and face gear. It was in fact, a he. In a surprisingly soft voice, he said... "Are you ok miss? Did you inhale any smoke? Is there anyone else home?"

I shook my head vigorously. God, I must have looked a mess. I must have been fifty shades of red, there in my bath robe and bare feet. "No... no...um. I was home alone. Well... just me and the cats."

He shook his head and chuckled slightly, walking over to the stove, pointing to what was left of a burned potholder that I suspect one of the cats had knocked off of the wall and close enough to the flames. I loved my furry companions, but damn they could be little shits, and I struggled to keep them of the counters sometimes, especially when not in the room.

I cleared my throat nervously, my voice cracking slightly, "I am so sorry to bring you guys out here tonight. I was so tired when I got home from my shift. I must have turned the burner on without realizing it." Then I threw him a perplexed look... "How... how did you guys know there was a fire?"

"Your house alarm,' he said. Many of these newer systems can detect fires and leaks, and the alarm company alerts us."

I nodded, "Yes, I put it in recently to feel safer," alluding to my recent singledom, but not really explaining it.

His wandered around the kitchen and up to the ceiling, his mouth curling into a frown as his eyes paused on the round white patch of ceiling that didn't match the rest of the ceiling... the place where the smoke alarm had been installed but was clearly missing.

The other firefighter wandered around the downstairs checking out the rest of the main level, just making sure everything was ok. The fireman in front of me continued, "You are very lucky. What happened to your smoke alarm? You really should have multiple units on every floor, but especially in the kitchen!" His look was stern but kind... I could feel his smokey green eyes on me... maybe even wandering a bit to the places where my bare skin was exposed then quickly darting away.

"No, no, you are right. I am so embarrassed. My husband...my soon to be ex-husband," I added quickly...: he kind of knocked it down in a fit of rage."

He looked back at me with concerned eyes. I was quick to add... "That smoke alarm would go off all the time without provocation. One night he was cooking something, it went off, and he grabbed the broom, got on a stool and tore it down. He didn't like loud noises," I added softly. "I kept meaning to get someone out here to help me replace it. This won't look so good on the insurance report." Sighing, I rambled on, "I work really long hours at night, and well... well... there is no excuse. I will get it replaced right away. Thank you so very much for coming."

He stepped toward me, I startled a bit, about to step back, but I didn't want to miss a chance at a better look at that face. He had a strong jaw, just as you would expect, tan skin, and those eyes were beautiful. I couldn't quite tell under his hat, but it looked like maybe he had dark brown hair. He reached out about to place one of those huge, strong hands on my shoulder when interrupted by the voice of the other firefighter who had hat and gear in hand... "Lieutenant, all is clear down here."

The Lieutenant cleared his voice, nodded and added... "Um, miss... my paramedic crew is outside. I really would like it if you would come with us and just let them check you out."' I shook my head and said... "No, no! I am fine! I don't want to waste any more of your time."

"Hmmm... he shook his head. As a nurse, I would think you would understand the importance of being safe rather than sorry when it comes to your health! It really isn't any trouble. It's been a slow night, thankfully," he laughed again. His laugh warm and almost comforting. "Thankfully, this was just enough to get us out of the firehouse, but with a happy ending." He winked then added when he noted I was still looking at him as if to say... "How did you know I am a nurse?" As if he could read my mind, he laughed again... "Your badge...'It's on the counter...plus you mentioned long hours at night... and... um... your tattoo." At this point, I realized my robe had slipped and he could see most of the small ekg/stethoscope tattoo I had on my shoulder.

I nodded helpless to argue with his logic and he stepped toward me, placing his hand on my lower back gently guiding me toward the door. I felt a bit of a hot rush at his touch. Even through my robe, I could feel that strong hand, and it had been way too long since I'd felt the touch of a man there... or anywhere really.

I sat down on the edge of the paramedic rig while they checked my vital signs, listened to my heart and lungs, and asked a few questions that sort of absently answered. I stole a few glances at the lieutenant and also noticed my cats were anxiously watching the scene through the windows along with a few of my neighbors. The Lieutenant threw a few glances over at me then walked over. The nice young female paramedic who had been taking my vitals said... "All clear, Lieutenant. Everything looks and sounds good."

"Very good," he nodded. I stood up quickly, almost losing my balance! "Could this night get any more embarrassing," I thought. Just then, his strong hand caught me, steadying me, and I looked up at him and quickly reassured him, "Thank you. I think I am just tired. It was a rough night at work, and then this." He nodded again, and began gently leading me toward the house.

"Let me just walk you to the house then. Make sure you get there safely." I started to tell him it wasn't necessary, but what was I, crazy!?! I'd be stupid not to let this absolutely stunning specimen of a man walk me to the door... especially after the night I'd had... hell the year I'd had.

"Thank you and your crew, Lieutenant..." I paused hoping he would throw out his name.

He took the bait, and answered, "Lieutenant Marx."

"Um, yes... thank you, Lieutenant Marx! And, all of you," I threw in quickly so as not to give my fascination away. "Lex and Mona say thanks as well, both of them rubbing up not only against my legs as I stepped inside, but against his boot as well. He grinned, and gave each of them a gentle rub eliciting a loud purr from Mona. "Indeed, girl! I know just how you feel," I mused to myself.

I closed the door behind me... peeked through the window as I closed the drapes, stealing one more glance. He took one look back at the house as he hopped onto the rig and they drove off into the night.

Exhausted, I walked over to the kitchen, took a look, put my hand on the light, flipped it off and said... "Fuck it... I am going to bed!"

I got to the top of the stairs, slugged over to my bed and threw my robe off, not bothering with underwear or pajamas. I sank into the sheets. There my favorite trusty friend for stress relief was waiting on my bedside table with some lube. I was too tired tonight. I sank into a deep sleep, thoughts of a handsome hero occupying the last thought before I fell into dreamland.

I wasn't sure what time it was when my eyes blinked open, but I suspected I had been sleeping a while. I had a stupid grin on my face as I woke then shook my head, "As if girl...as if!"

My current favorite toy of the moment was my old school magic wand. They make ones now that are cordless, but I find them much less reliable than the good old-fashioned plug-in kind. I also have a special box to plug it into with different settings. One switch puts it on full throttle, souped up, overdrive. Another switch relays to a dial that lets me play with and vary speed. That is easily my favorite. The attachment itself was purple, simulating a very large, veined purple cock with another small appendage that gives dual action... vibrating and stimulating my clit as I work my latex friend in and out of my deep space. Add a little lube, my imagination, and I am in business. I woke up feeling tense yet frisky, so I reached for it and got to work... my back arching a bit and toes curling as I turned it on and slid the thick, pulsing appendage in part of the way, out, then in a little deeper each time. I let out a small moan and began to feel my nipples harden, imaging a warm, hot mouth kissing its way along my plump breasts... tongue sliding and flicking the firm buds in my mind. I sighed, wishing it were so.

I felt my hips begin to rock into that large, malleable cock of my dreams, feeling it slip deeper and deeper as the head began to reach that sweet spot... feeling the nub begin to tickle at my clit as well. My mind imagined a warm mouth sliding down my body... flicking at that swollen nub as strong, hard shoulders pushed my thighs back so I could feel that hot mouth bear down... my hand sliding into his hair, letting go in my imagination in a way I was sometimes too shy or self-conscious to do in reality. Purple cock driving deeper, I reached over and twisted the knob amping the wattage just a little more as I imagined that same warm body working its way up to tease my entrance with the tip of his hardening cock, driving it in deeper. My imagination running wild... back arching more, pussy squeezing hard, drawing him in and holding him there like a captive. I could see his face... that handsome chiseled jaw... Lieutenant Marx had inspired me this morning for sure. I felt myself blushing at the thought of him. I could feel myself rising to a climax and just then... I heard three hits on the doorbell.

"FUCK! Seriously! Ugh! So fucking close!" The moment lost, I set my friend down hastily, threw my legs over the side of the bed, threw my robe on in a bit of a huff, slipped some flip-flops on and hurried down the stairs, mumbling as I went. "I should have just fucking stayed in bed!" Immediately, the cats who had been peeking out the window, jumped off the couch and began meowing at me loudly, clearly wanting to be fed again. "Grrr... you two will have to wait!" I wasn't sure what or who would be on the other side of that door. "This had better not fucking be another person trying to talk me into solar panels or exterminator services. I took a very quick glance through the peephole, not really taking a full look. There was a tall figure, but I opened the door anyway and my jaw nearly dropped.

Again, I felt myself flush hotly as I realized who was standing on my porch with me again wearing nothing but a robe, a hot blush, a little steaminess, and my hair all over the place. He was probably going to think I didn't own clothes other than scrubs! It was Lieutenant Marx, in all his splendid glory, only this time he was in jeans and a tight-fitting black t-shirt that accentuated every bit of muscle that lay beneath. I had to physically fight to not let my jaw drop. I could see his well developed biceps which were hidden beneath his gear last night. His right forearm sported a large tattoo of a Celtic Cross, and his left arm sported a tattoo of a sword, surrounded by flames, forged in fire. I was finally getting an unhindered view of this beautiful man.

I shook my head quickly, then said..."Um... Lieutenant, to what do I owe the pleasure?" When the words fell from my mouth, I am sure I blushed even more and dropped my eyes nervously.

I was afraid to look up, afraid my eyes and my hot face would give me away, but I finally lifted my eyes to see a slight grin replaced by a more serious look as he held a bag in his hand and asked politely..." May I come in? I have something for you!"

"For me? Really?!?" My voice cracked again and I felt every nerve in my body surge. "Yes, yes, of course." Like an idiot I sort of stood there not fully moving away from the doorway, but he brushed past me and I again felt my nipples stand on end. I instinctively pulled my robe a little tighter as if I could hide anything, but those green eyes felt like they were burrowing right through me.

I led him a few steps into the living room and gestured for him to sit. He took the invitation and sat on the edge one of the chairs as I sank onto the sofa, one of the cats hopping into my lap, claws immediately kneading into the thick purple terrycloth of my robe. He again smiled at me and pulled a few things from the bag. He had a couple of new smoke detectors in his hand, and I simultaneously was really touched and really disappointed.

Despite the lack of uniform, he was clearly here on the job. "That was very kind of you. I don't want to trouble you!"

"No trouble at all..." he paused as I had yesterday as if hoping for a reciprocated introduction.

"Rachel... "I replied softly. "Um, I am Rachel, Lieutenant."

"Nice to formally meet you, Rachel! I am Greg. You can drop the Lieutenant. I am not on the job... and well, I'm not your Lieutenant... just at the firehouse." He smiled, and l felt a bit happier again.

"Oh... I hope you didn't go out of the way for me?"

"Well, I couldn't leave you without protection now, could I?" he added with an air of playfulness to that sweet, deep voice. "What if another fire erupts in here?"

I caught myself quickly before I let out a little breath of delight. "Oh, things are most definitely beginning to burn!" I thought to myself.

"I have a little time! My job is rewarding, but it's nice to be away from that firehouse! Too much testosterone!" he laughed. I glanced his way, and felt my tongue dart across my lips quickly as I met his eyes then dropped them again shyly.

"Um... as I was saying, I have time and I would sleep better tonight knowing you have working smoke detectors. I have tools with me. You don't happen to have a ladder or step ladder do you?"

I hopped up, "Oh... yes! Let me grab it!" I hopped up so quickly and nervously, I tripped over my flip-flop and right into his arms again. Strong hands caught me. I joked..." We really have to stop meeting like this." He instinctively pulled the shoulder of my robe up as it had slipped and I felt rough fingertips graze the delicate skin of my collarbone. I seriously could have cum just from that as I felt a sudden surge reminding me I hadn't quite cum before answering the door, and I was almost starting not to care. He smelled so good.

He followed me out to the garage, and I pointed out the ladder which was hanging on the wall. It was an old ladder... used to belong to my grandpa... probably older than I was. He grabbed it and purred... "Lead the way, Rachel."

Hearing him repeat my name just kind of sent another shiver through me, and though he was behind me, I could feel those eyes on me. We hit my office/den/library first. The detector there was working fine. He didn't need the ladder as the ceiling wasn't as tall as some of the other rooms. He pulled a small, handheld vacuum from his bag, vacuumed the detector, changed the battery, and we moved on to the other rooms downstairs. We got to the kitchen, and he climbed the slightly janky ladder, I hopped on the first step of the other side to help steady it, and I felt his eyes steal a look down the deep v of my robe, lingering for just a moment on my cleavage. Whew... it was hot in here.

12