Fire Down Below

Story Info
She wanted it all, then she left it all - and he made a life.
10.9k words
4.27
43.4k
56
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
numbnutz49
numbnutz49
110 Followers

I am not sure I posted this story in the right category. It certainly begins with a cheating spouse but then changes to a story about... well, rather than describe it I will just let you read it! I started this story on the date immediately below this. I did not like it, so I parked it. Then, it morphed, and I like it now - I hope you do too!

FIRE DOWN BELOW

December 24, 2021 - Dublin, OH - Barry Gibson

"No problems for Santa tonight" I thought to myself. Eight inches of fresh snowfall took care of the unusually warm weather leading up to the Christmas holiday. The meteorologist said "two to four inches" so most people were not prepared for this storm. My shift was already bad, influenced by the alcohol folks consumed all afternoon and evening. Eight calls already on this shift - it is a good thing five were minor and some injured declined transport. No COVID emergencies yet, but I suspect there will be one before too long. The pandemic no longer interests the public but that does not mean someone does not die of COVID in large cities every day.

It was the most miserable shift I have ever worked. I spoke with my partner, Gabe, three hours ago. Even midway through the shift we both felt that way. My personal depression caused by my wife's willing destruction of our marriage and the lies she has told the authorities to steal my children from me have me in a deep, dark place. How I will survive into the New Year is anyone's guess. Right now, I am assuming I will be homeless. This morning, I received the bitch's divorce petition requesting full possession of the home and full custody of the kids. The bitch can have the house - I do not give a shit about it, but she cannot take my boys. I love them more than life itself. They are 12 and 10 and at that age when they need their father. I know all about my wife's plan to move in and marry her boss as soon as his divorce is final too. The problem is, my attorney cannot find where he has filed, or if he has filed. All I know is for the past 18 months, he has been getting more sex from her than I do - a whole lot more.

Today's shift seems to go on forever. I came in at noon today at the request of my captain. One of our EMT technicians is out with COVID and, with other colleagues out on vacation, I agreed to cover an extra two hours tonight. I am going to need the extra money anyway - just paying my attorney is costing me about 25% of my annual take home pay and my wife wants another 40% in child support. I have looked at apartments but cannot afford anything. I am trying to find someone to room with but so many of the EMT's I know are women - no, that will not work. I will worry about that next week if I get a day off.

BRRINNG - BRRINNG - BRRINNG - BRRINNG - Engine 17, Rescue 8, Engine 22, Rescue 12 - 6 vehicle crash, two overturned, one on fire - intersection of Caroline St. and Dublin Highway. Police on scene diverting traffic. Respond when on site.

"Shit, 45 minutes from the end of my shift and I get this call. How many drunks will we need to rescue from this shit storm! I will be here until well after midnight. Here we go Gabe, buckle up!"

Out of the firehouse we went - not really knowing what we would encounter. A rescue unit from another station is also on its way so it is not going to end well for someone. As we approached, half of the on-duty police vehicles from Dublin and Columbus were there to close off roads and leave room for us. Thanks guys - Merry Christmas to you as well!

OH FUCK - what a mess! It had to be two high speed vehicles in the intersection at right angles when they collided. One vehicle's windshield was blown out meaning that someone was not wearing their seatbelt. A fatality - if they are lucky. You would not want to survive that, especially at the speed those vehicles were moving. I hollered over to our other rescue truck - Amanda was the lead in that vehicle, and I pointed to the Toyota Highlander for her team to address.

"Gabe, you go over to that Honda Odyssey. There may be kids involved there. Oh, radio on for another rescue vehicle and another truck with the jaws of life - there are going to be multiple extractions." I surveyed the remaining three cars and picked the Porsche Cayenne SUV. The crumpled Kia Soul could not have survivors and I would let Amanda check on the fifth vehicle. It was an almost new Camaro and like the Kia Soul unlikely anyone would come out of that crushed pile of metal alive. We will get the other fire vehicles to check for survivors and report any injuries. It would be tough to bring another paramedic team here tonight.

The Porsche looked familiar as I approached it. Couldn't be, or could it? I looked inside getting ready to pry the door open. Oh God - it was! Jason Ethridge - that skilled attorney at law and serial cheater was dead and the amount of blood loss was staggering. Where was he bleeding from? There she was, still alive and squirming in the seat - my wife of 15 years, Sarah. I could see her femur was shattered along with both arms. Her condition was extremely critical, and I could not touch her. Our policy says, no treatment of family members, get the next in command. How had she impacted the steering wheel? I was trying to assess her injuries and have another paramedic take over. She was covered in blood.

Yes, right there - her mouth was full of blood - and detected something in her mouth. I looked back over at the now deceased Jason - I know I said loudly - "Holy fuck! I know what caused the accident - Sarah was sucking his dick as they went into the intersection. Only Jason does not have a cock now."

"Sarah, you fucking slut, open your mouth!" There was at least four inches of the now dead dude's cock in her mouth."

Sarah saw me and started chuckling - she mumbled something that sounded like "His is still bigger, asshole!" From what I could see, her front teeth are all broken from the impact of the steering wheel to her face. Her open fractures would send her into shock shortly - but I needed to call Gabe over. Her wounds and condition would not end well. It was clear she would not survive. I decided to do one thing first. I gently pulled my wife's jaw open and stuck my gloved finger in, touching the remnant of her lover's cock in her mouth - her Christmas Eve blowjob gift to her lover - and pushed it forward until it engaged in her throat. When I heard her gagging, I got out of the Porsche yelling to Gabe - "Gabe, the victim in this vehicle is my wife - I cannot treat her! Get over here quickly, I am sure her wounds are fatal. I will take over working with the kids in the Odyssey." Before I left, I made sure that she had not coughed that cock out - no, she is not gasping for air. She is gone.

For the next two hours, we all had our hands full. The local hospital is a fine one, but we had to bring in helicopters to transport three kids and two adult women. The driver of the Highlander and an adult female and three children from the Honda. There were five fatalities at the scene. The drunk teenage driver in a two-month-old Chevy Camaro was one and the driver and passenger (my wife) of the Porsche were two others. The fourth was the driver of the Kia Soul - I am pretty sure she never saw the other cars coming and the crushed passenger compartment said she died instantly.

The fifth victim must have been the father of the kids in the Honda Odyssey. It was his windshield that had blown out as he was not 'belted in' and ejected from the vehicle. It was so sad, if he had fastened his seatbelt, he would still be alive and headed to the hospital. We barely noticed a Ford F-250 pick-up nearby. The truck was damaged, but the two passengers refused transport. It was a smart move because the EMT that assessed their condition said they were intoxicated and would have blood drawn at the hospital had we transported.

The helicopters addressed patient transport as all five survivors were severely injured and an airlift would improve their survivability. Tonight, an ambulance ride to the trauma center had its own risks. Influencing the decision were the snow covered yet clogged highways and numerous accidents being actively worked at the late hour.

After clearing the accident scene, I was back at the station after an 18-hour shift. I was home in my empty house just before 6:30 am. As I unlocked my front door, I just realized it - it would still be my house and home of my kids. Ninety-nine percent of my woes related to the end of my marriage disappeared that night based on bad decisions of others. Drunk and risky behaviors behind the wheel, and a joy riding teen in a new toy left innocent victims. One family lost a father - I cannot imagine how that family feels this morning without a father on Christmas Day. Then I realized, I still face that same issue - my boys were still with my in-laws.

I knew it was Christmas Day and the world shut down for the day. I called my attorney a little after 7:30am to advise him what had happened last night. I cannot believe I waited that long. I wanted to call him even before she and her lover were legally pronounced dead early this morning at the Ohio State University Hospital Trauma Center.

My attorney, Josh Schwartz, willingly came to the phone. His family celebrates Chanukah and I hoped this was not one of their celebration days. He has been moving mountains for me during the past month to prove the lies told to obtain that restraining order and to get me time with my kids.

"Barry, I know you are having mixed feelings about your wife's death, but this is the moment we need to strike. I have been able to change the opinions of everyone involved in this other than your wife's family. The judge now has a copy of our filing along with the affidavit from the babysitter stating that the document they used to accuse you of child abuse was not her statement and the submitted document was forged.

I will call him right after we hang up and notify him of the urgency to remove the restraining order and allow you to take custody of your boys. Hang tight - my wife and I know him well as he attends the same synagogue as my family! Please do not do anything until I call you back. This almost guarantees your best outcome!"

I wondered how many days I would have to wait before being released from this hell that has kept me its prisoner. By New Year's - that would be a treat! Starting a new year with my boys - all those we will do together. I had an immediate thought as weird as it was - I knew a guy trying to unload his Columbus Blue Jackets tickets. He was my buddy and sounding board as his divorce was now final and his child support is going to keep him eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch and dinner, and not the good peanut butter - the lousy store brands.

I took a long shower - I needed it as I could still smell the blood from that accident. I had found the father from the minivan deceased on the ground and treated the mother while another paramedic, Gail Collins, addressed the needs of the kids. The kids and the mother were properly belted so their injuries were less severe. They were airlifted to the trauma center. My crew transported the father to the trauma center for final pronouncement of his death placed in the morgue. There would not be a Merry Christmas for that family.

I finished showering and putting on clean clothes around 11am. Freshly showered and full of energy - well, energy drinks were powering me when the phone rang. I wondered if that was my sister calling to wish me a Merry Christmas. She has been my rock since my wife filed for divorce and took my boys away!

"Barry, it is Josh. Get in your car and head to your in-law's house. Do not do anything until you see me and a county sheriff's vehicle. The judge issued an order revoking the restraining order in court Tuesday but still had not sent out the notice to all parties and the authorities. He decided that the death of the mother and the testimony of the babysitter now required him to issue an emergency order to revoke the order and return the boys to the surviving parent.

Twenty minutes later, I was the last of the required attendees to arrive and we started up the pathway to my in-law's home. The sheriff was in front, my lawyer was second, and I came up the rear. I had not been able to see my sons in over six weeks.

Boy were they in for a surprise! I felt some shame being happy at this moment. During our marriage I was a good son-in-law. In a different situation, I would have called early this morning to let them know about the accident. Since they were no longer "good and decent" in-laws, I waived my right to give them a heads-up. My in-laws were more than happy to lose an ex-military medic and low paid EMT with the Columbus Fire Department for a partner in the Donaldson Law firm, a well know team of ambulance chasers. Ironic, I thought.

The sheriff rang the doorbell. My mind was wild with thought, "maybe they'll let me slide down the chimney" I hoped Santa had already done that. The sheriff rang the bell a second time and still no answer. They had the boys! They should be hopping all over the house as it was Christmas. What is the deal?

We were shocked when a city of Columbus police officer came up behind us. He came up behind me and slipped handcuffs over my wrists. He had not seen the sheriff's car in front of the two others. The sheriff's man was 48 years old; this city's officer was twenty-three.

"Son, what the fuck are you doing!" the sheriff's deputy commanded.

"Dispatch order me to come and enforce a restraining order! The occupants of the home saw this guy trying to break into the house and they called 911!"

I started to panic - this is not happening, is it?

A pow-wow between the sheriff and patrol officer resolved the issue quickly. It helped that the police officer was given divorce papers last night by his wife of 14 months.

Now, the sheriff's deputy was pissed - "I have a court order demanding the return of two young boys to their father and an order to arrest Edna and Gordon Hopkins for providing false documents and testimony in a court filing. Now, open the door now or I will break it down.

I saw someone looking out the front window and heard a squeal - "It's Daddy!" Then I saw them waving at me and I started crying on the spot. I missed my boys but know I am going to love them for the rest of eternity.

As the door opened, I saw the two people that hated me more than anyone ever hated Osama Bin Laden gasp at the turn of events. The sheriff whispered in my ear that he told to notify them of the death of their daughter and wondered if I wanted to tell them instead. It was cruel and I should not have responded the way I did but I whispered back "I'd love to!"

They walked up to me and demanded that I say what I needed and then leave. Edna was still screaming "Sarah and Jason will be here in a few minutes and..."

"Edna, Gordon - neither of them will be here today nor ever again. They were both killed in an accident near Dublin last night around 11pm. Ironically, I was the first EMT on the scene and once I realized it was Sarah and, since we are still legally spouses, I could not treat her but had the other EMT, Gabe, check her status. He called both Sarah and Jason dead at 11:14pm. I had already detected the cause of the accident - seems Sarah was sucking his cock as he went through the intersection at 80 mph hitting a Camaro causing a chain reaction accident that killed three other people. Seems that Sarah could not wait to start the holiday and had Jason's cock down her throat at impact. She bit his cock clean off and must have swallowed it partially because she suffocated.

If the sheriff had not been there, I am sure that they would have assaulted me, but they knew better. But I had not understood that the judge issued a warrant for their arrest, but my lawyer just told me of the proof that they had written and forged that document.

We looked around the house as my in-laws were handcuffed and taken into custody. I stepped over to their Christmas tree to collect the gifts for the boys to open. Piles of stuff for Sarah and a couple for Jason. Where were the boys' gifts? I pointed that out to the sheriff and my lawyer.

"They took custody of my boys, yet there is not a single gift here under the tree! They said they were protecting the boys, but now I realize they were holding them hostage until they got me to capitulate and give them everything she wanted. There might be more than just smoke here so I asked my lawyer if I can call him later this week. Oh, and find a therapist for the boys!

I stood there amazed at how relaxed I feel as months of building tension just disappeared. Hey kids, you want to go home and open presents now! Things were better, so much better, as they flew down the stairs and into my car. We were heading HOME! No longer our home meaning my wife and me. Our home would now and forever mean the boys and me! I was very fortunate that I had not been forced out of my house four months ago. The boys and I will just pick up like we were returning from a trip. No one would keep us from our house now, or ever! At least that was my hope, and my Christmas prayer!

Period of Mourning - Life's Changes

It took time to regain the absolute love of my boys after four months of being brainwashed by my now deceased wife and her parents. They used that time to convince them that I did not want them in my life and that I repeatedly 'beat my wife' when the boys were not around. I never struck their mother nor treated her with disrespect. I told my boys that afternoon how sad I have been since they were not with me for those four months. When our conversation was over, they willingly committed themselves to me and would help whoever I needed to bring into our life to help manage the struggles of being a shift worker. It would mean constant changes in after school care and sometimes overnight help.

It has been a little over five months since that Christmas event and things have normalized. My oldest just turned thirteen and the youngest will be 11 in July. One positive thing about their ages is that they will both be at the same middle school this year. Everyone on the same schedule will help stabilize the after-school care.

My sister recently divorced her husband of 3 years. She is twenty-nine and they did not have children. It was not what people call a 'friendly divorce,' but it was settled without a lot of rancor. They lived in the corridor between Akron and Cleveland in a town called Hudson - a nice community to raise a family. After her divorce was final my sister decided to get closer to immediate family (meaning me) and relocated to Columbus.

Yes, she moved in with me to help with the boys. The gods must have been with us as her college degrees (Bachelor's and Master's) were in education. She was hired as a middle school teacher where my boys will enroll in August. My house in Dublin was big enough but an addition that would allow her to have a 'stand-alone' two-bedroom apartment was almost complete. It would give her ample personal space that she did not get living in my guest room. The loan I took out to finance the addition increased my debt and was a bit concerning but I was anticipating a settlement of my wife's estate and three lawsuits against Jason. They included his insurance company, his law firm, and him personally for the reckless death of my wife. The Camaro owner's insurance was also on the line, but I understand that young man had minimal insurance coverage and was a lost cause.

With Amy in the house, my smiling, happy boys became smiling, happy young men. I knew that they realized I needed them to help "Dad" to smile as well. So far, they have done an excellent job. To reward them, we booked a summer vacation trip to Kings Island, just outside of Cincinnati. The four of us headed down I-71 to enjoy world class roller coasters and other attractions. Orion, Diamondback, and my personal favorite - the Beast - would thrill us all (Amy thrilled? Maybe not) for days. I was amazed at the things that happened while we were there!

numbnutz49
numbnutz49
110 Followers