All Comments on 'Fire Flies'

by BaalatErotas

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Damn....

This had me in all my feelings. Well written. Is there a part two?

JayDiverJayDiverover 6 years ago
Damn2

Bravo, very nicely done. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Amazing!

Please give them a happy ending. I loved the this. You write so beautifully.

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 6 years ago
Wow...this hit HARD!

I rated this a 5 because of the writing and the storyline, so I wanted that known immediately.

At the same time, this served me a curveball from your usual stories, as this easily falls into the "Mature" category as well as IR. That said, this struck me because of the age difference of Olivia and Ian--and you immediately made sure to give Ian the doubts of EXACTLY how an older guy would feel with a younger, hot woman hitting on him--although I can't be sure how many guys would be as concerned with the father of the girl being his best friend. That's really my only "hangup" in the story.

I already addressed Ian's doubts, but one thing you really do is show how Olivia really wants him and even before she tells him of her major crush (and yes, some guys need to be told because some are that "thick"--but not because they choose it), we see she indeed pulls out all the stops with her actions to drop major hints she REALLY wants him. I so applauded when they both finally joined, and fireworks indeed exploded as you painted them in their experience. What also stood out was how well you described how Ian noticed everything about Olivia: her hair; how it was styled; how the water ran off her skin and hair; how her curves tempted him; how he following the smoothness of her skin; how she talked and how she admired her humor and wit. He had it bad--but so did she--and they truly had the right kind of mental connection and physical chemistry to make it all work.

It really broke my heart that she left so suddenly--especially after connecting so heart-warmingly with Ian and so totally--that it hurt! I really don't know who felt worse: your character or me! I suspect since Linda was there in his kitchen when Olivia left that although you illustrated Linda not reacting to Ian's appearance that she actually knows Olivia wanted Ian for a long time: she just didn't say anything at all; I also suspect she secretly approves of them getting together because she knew about his ex and I'm sure Olivia didn't manage to hide how she felt about Ian to her mother.

I echo the notion of expanding this to a multi-chapter story. This is too good to leave hanging!

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 6 years ago
Not my usual style but I enjoyed this.

It would have been better categorized in Mature, because the story centered around the age gap, or even Romance. The interracial aspect hardly had any bearing on the story.

bwwm4mebwwm4meover 6 years ago
A woek of art.

Stories like these are why you are one of my favourite authors here on Literotica. I wish you wrote more often. Then again, quality over quantity. Some of the most prolific writers here are some of the worst. I also wish I could write as well as you.

Add my voice to the others pleading with you to not leave us hanging with this story. I want to see where this goes.

Jules466Jules466over 6 years ago
Soooo good!

I got so excited when I saw a new story from you...So beautifully written but you can't just leave this here! You just can't. These two need a happy ending.

LatchkeyLatchkeyover 6 years ago
What a nice surprise

When I saw your new story, I felt like I just won a free vacation day. This romance

was such a rich tapestry and I fell in love with the intellectual connection you created with these two. It allowed both characters to be ageless, vacillating between sage and childish wonder and provide such a deep connection that culminated in real passion.

When I read your work, I feel like you are the kind of author this site was created to highlight, one who understands the power of prose and poetry in creating visuals more powerful than any moving picture. Your stories have really inspired me to expand my references and read outside of my comfort zone.

Until next time, thank you.

Damned_YankeeDamned_Yankeeover 6 years ago
I hate you...

For playing with my emotions so. Still, I find I love your women characters and their insanely complex emotional worlds. And their older men... I have told you I sense a trend with you. You are more of a romantic than you're willing to admit.

It is so good to have you back here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I am astounded!

The quality of your writing, the time that you take to draw us in to the characters' lives, the care that you use when creating a story: it is very difficult to describe my feelings and thoughts in a rational way that is even in the same language universe that you occupy. I sincerely hope that you have a life in which you are immersed in a loving relationship. I thank you for sharing your innermost emotions about love! Thank you also for the hard work it takes to write such a quality piece of literature.

Larry

BaalatErotasBaalatErotasover 6 years agoAuthor
Larry

I'm no fan of commenting on my own stories. And I'm somewhat saddened by the thought that you might never return here to see my response.

But I write this still.

Your comment really touched me. I'm an avid reader, and fully understand how easy it is to miss the effort and subtle nuances that go into trying to perform magic with words. As a reader, I appreciate writing the way that you do, but I never get upset at any reader who missed each bit of what I put into my own stories.

That said, I REALLY appreciate ​moments like this where someone responds from a place as deep as the one from which I wrote. And they just plain GET what I was doing.

So. Thank you so, so much. ❤

BE

PS, "Fire Flies" was written on impulse because I'd decided to see if I could write to a theme. But I fell in love with Ian and Olivia along the way. So, you'll be happy to hear I'm work on churning out a full novel version of FF... as soon as I figure out what the hell happens after that summer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Delicate beauty

This story is timeless and simple in its beauty. The language you express and the hidden emotions of the characters took my breath away. Outstanding writing and would love to read a full novel of this work. Well done! Thank you Bain

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Beautiful

Wonderfully written, Thank you for sharing their story. Please let us know when the next part/the novel of FF will be available.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Beautiful text

Hi,

I found this story amazing. The choice of words and the rythm enthralling.

Please write a sequel! Liv & Ian are real soulmates, they belong together.

Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Bravo

I...I’m speechless. The way you roped me in and kept me in your grasp is astounding. A jewel, I found a jewel in you and I am grateful. It is rare to find a well written love story with a black woman as the love interest and I was happy for that but your words damn near brought me to tears, they are so beautiful. Thank you.

rayironyrayironyabout 4 years ago
A wonderful intensity

And some gracefully poetic writing

Applause is yours

luv_romanceluv_romancealmost 4 years ago
Wonderful writing

I hope you are still writing.

You gift us with your story telling.

I hope there are more stories to read. I believe you have more to share.

ScoratScoratover 2 years ago

What I like most about your stories is how intelligent your characters are. They are all well-versed in literature, something close to my heart. And the characters’ intelligence makes your stories even better. Bravo! Keep the coming!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous