Fire Queen Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tsania
Tsania
69 Followers

"I am yours. I swear to you now, Amenia, when I am Pharaoh, I will do everything I can to assist you regaining your throne and your peoples. If you stay with me until then. I will be always yours." On this last word, and pulled almost all the way out of me and pushed back in slowly, so slowly. I could feel every detail of his cock feeding into me.

My head fell back and I moaned softly to Khonsu, the Traveller. I stared deep into the abyss that made Newet's fabled dress, the stars that clothed her blinked at me in approval. Rahotep moved within me again, anchoring my hips with his hands. As he came to me he moved faster and faster within, as he had that first night. I sensed he wanted something from me, but I could barely think to guess at what.

His hands moved over me, rubbing, soothing and plucking my skin. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, lifting myself slightly, pulling my body all along his, and moaned into his ear. This seemed to please him and throw him off course, as his thrusts became erratic. The tightening knot in my stomach burst open, and all together I felt as though the secrets of the God were just within my fingertips.

As I arched, lost in my own release, Rahotep took his too. His teeth sunk into my shoulder as he buried himself deep in me.

Our hearts beat together as the air returned to our lungs. He kissed me deeply, still inside me.

"Er, sire?" Ankhet's quiet voice called from beyond the doors leading to the balcony. "The woman is here to see Amenia."

"The woman?" Rahotep creased his brow at me.

"The FarSeer, you gave her permission to see Amenia." Ankhet's hands came through the doors, holding pieces of clothing out for us while maintaining out modesty.

Rahotep pulled on the short dhoti, and I wrapped myself in the robe. We both had kohl sweat-smeared on our faces, but this woman was a mere performer, not someone we needed to worry about the opinion of.

When we entered into the room again, the woman bowed low. I was still surprised at how supple the woman was given her age, and the grace with which she moved.

"Sire, I hope I don't intrude."

"You wished to see this slave, here she is. Now tell me why." Rahotep was sharp, I could see that the reading of the stones had upset him.

"I have seen another like her, many years ago. They may be related. May I speak with her?"

"She doesn't speak this tongue, only that of the Northern sheep tribes."

"Oh? Then she almost definitely is related to my old friend. I speak some of the word of the North, may I?" She was persistent. Rahotep finally nodded his consent.

"Red one." She began in my tongue. "I knew one like you so long ago. A tall man with skin the colour of the sun blinding off the sand in the deepest desert, and hair like the heart of a fire. He wed a woman in the North by the name of Keminub who was at the time the Regent of one of the Great Sheep Tribes, do you know this name?"

I looked to Ankhet, whose eyes were widening as she spoke. We both knew the people she spoke of.

"Keminub was my mother's mother. Her blood passes to me. His fire is mine too."

"Good Lord, I thought so. How strange that you are here, so far from your herd. I don't have time to ask how it can be, your master is suspicious of me already. I felt drawn to you the moment I saw you in that room. You need to be careful."

"Are you going to read my path, old woman?" I tilted my head curiously.

"Yes, but not with the tricks I use on the chaff for show. I can tell enough just by your face. You love him."

I guarded my eyes and my words.

"As much as a slave can love their master. How can I be sure you're loyal to me and that your words will help more than harm. Not all paths are meant to be wandered with knowledge, you understand."

"Yes, of course. But there are things which will change the course of everything again. As for loyalty, I delivered your mother from her mother's womb. I held the first life blood of she who gave you life. I am blood tied by your ancient ritual to the thread of your destiny."

I was still wary, but she spoke true. In my peoples, the link between new mother and midwife was one of the strongest bonds you could have. It was similar to sisterhood in other cultures. Joined by the process of childbirth, these two women who brought forth the life of another would be bound into each other's fates forever. This woman had held the life-giving blood of my mother in her fingertips. She was bound to me only just less than the woman who had done the same for my mother at my time of birth.

"What is it you feel compelled to tell me?"

"May we sit?" I gestured for her to take the other end of the chaise longue in the seating area. Rahotep sat on an ornamental stool, stiff backed as he was unsure of the words we spoke to each other which he couldn't understand.

"How long have you been here?" Her full attention was on me now.

"About a moon cycle."

"You wish to leave?"

My eyes flicked to Rahotep and then to Ankhet before answering truthfully.

"In most ways, yes, but as time passes I forget why."

"There is something rotten in this palace. It sets my teeth on edge. My stones don't lie. His wife and child were murdered. I can't be sure, but I think it's related. There is something evil going on under the surface here."

"How can you know this?"

"I just do, but I wanted to make sure you knew. When the time comes, and the fire calls to you, you will have a choice. If you run, take him with you." She flicked a long, gnarled finger at Rahotep. "If you separate from him now, he will die, this kingdom will fall, and you will never see your home again. If you stay together, and truly bond to each other as the women of your peoples do to the men they deem worthy, then both your kingdoms will prosper."

"If I stay, I will see my home? This makes no sense."

"I cannot know more, just that when he threw his stones, I saw your path too. When the fire comes, if you pull him through it, both your paths are crisp and solid. If you don't, both paths fade and fracture. This is all I can see for now."

I chewed the inside of my lip, staring at Rahotep with such an expression of pain that he returned it, ringing his hands in worry at the words he did not understand.

"Thank you for going out of your way to bring me this seeing."

"It is no problem. I will leave this place now, before dawn. I cannot stand the smell of it much longer." She shook her hands in a familiar gesture of shaking evil from oneself, and bowed low to Rahotep before leaving silently through a door.

In the common language I dismissed Ankhet for the night, saying that we'd put out the oil fires ourselves. She looked dubious, but sure enough retired to the room that once would have been mine.

"What was that about?" Rahotep was anxious.

"The woman wanted to give me a reading."

"She seemed serious, and you seemed to be worried. What's wrong? I don't want to believe her words but-" he looked down at his hands, his jaw working. I went to his feet, and rested my head on his knee.

"Tell me." I said as he began stroking my hair.

"In the night all things seem possible, even that which we heartily laugh at in daylight."

We were silent as he brushed his hands through my hair.

"I meant what I said when I was inside you, Amenia. They weren't just honeyed words to open you to me."

For a moment I hadn't a clue what he was saying. I raised my head in confusion. Hurt crossed his eyes as he gently reminded me.

"I am yours." I rose to my knees and kissed him deeply.

"You are mine." I spoke back to him. "And I am yours."

The smile that flooded his face made me choke back my unsaid 'for now' addendum. He rose, and picked me up bodily, cupping my rear and carried me to the bed. He laid me among the furs and removed every bit of my clothing. He came to me slowly then, so sweetly it made my heart break. He stared deep into my eyes as we joined together, repeating the words over and over.

"I am yours, and you are mine." When he said it each time it sounded like a greeting, but each time it was a death knell on my heart.

The coil within us broke once more, filling the night with my cries and his growls against my skin. We lay together after in the dimming oil fires, and as his breathing deepened into sleep, the woman's words came to me once more.

"When the fire comes, you must pull him through, or both paths fade and fracture."

I fell asleep with the flickering of my fiery hair consuming my head.

-------

The next day was filled with more preparation for the Opet festival, which was now only a few nights away. It would begin with the New Moon, on the darkest night. Then the palace would be lit everywhere with hundreds of flames and lamps. Then the feasting would begin. It seemed as though everyone was moving in the palace these days.

Four days before the festival, Rahotep, Djet and the Pharaoh dressed in nothing but simple white linen dhotis and boarded a ceremonial boat on a canal that carried them to the Nile. There, with the help of two priests, they prayed for six hours under the face of Ra for a good growing season and a good harvest.

Ankhet and I, like many others from the palace, went down to sit among the reeds and watch the ceremony as it took place. We sat under a canopy, and on soft cushions as noble women would do, despite the fact we were both slaves. We were the slaves of the Prince Regent, which set us apart. We were too royal for normal slaves and too owned for nobility.

I watched Rahotep's every movement, still playing dumb to the words around me, but my ears buzzed with hushed chatter as people grew bold from the lack of any reaction.

"I hear she's a witch from the north, she eats the souls of every man who lays with her and it's their blood that colours her hair, not fire." A young woman muttered to the group she stood with. They were washer women from the palace, I knew them in passing.

"Cha, you foolish imp." The older woman by her side chided her. "No, you're wrong, as usual. She eats the souls of any man who lays with her while she's unwilling. That's why our Prince still lives. She has accepted his dominance over her."

The others nodded sagely.

"What about his brother? I heard before the Forgotten Prince gave her to the Prince Regent, he laid with her and she tried to kill him." I twitched my head at this, my back growing stiff. They used Djet's informal nickname, but it was so close to the truth I found it tough to not react and stare down the women.

"What a stupid thing! I've never heard anything so -- If she tried to kill the brother, why would he gift her to the Prince? There is no sense there!"

"What if he is trying to kill the Prince?"

All the women in the group rounded on the one who spoke and shushed her.

"Don't speak of such things. It was dangerous enough last year with the Prince's wife and son - " At this moment the crowd shifted, and the voices again were drowned out.

I had often wondered why Djet chose to pass me to Rahotep, considering what had happened.

I hadn't been in Djet's harem long before I found out more about the man than I'd ever willingly want to know. He kept unusual women, which he called his 'Treasures'. He wanted to add me to his collection. His particular enjoyment was hurting them, to see that they were indeed human, or if they were some kind of over formed animal or element. He was particularly interested, he said, to see whether the fire of my hair would protect my body from normal fire.

He hadn't had a chance to.

The first time he tried to force himself on me I was compliant, encouraging almost, until his dick was deep in my mouth and then I bit down. Like a rabid animal I held on even though he beat me. By the time he stunned me enough to force me to let go, he almost killed me. But one of his priests stopped him. Reminded him of the upcoming name-day, and they hoped I'd perform similarly with Rahotep.

Instead it had gone so differently. He would never forgive me for not treating Rahotep like I treated him. But in all honesty, if Djet had treated me as Rahotep had, maybe everything would be different again. Trust is precious and hard won.

Once the ceremony was done, the three men entered into a fast of dried bread and water. The whole city joined them, in deference to the Gods.

As the sun set, Rahotep drank deep of water to stave off the first pangs of hunger. I also was fasting, but as I hadn't been out in the hot sun I didn't feel so desperate for water. He barely had any energy that night so we slept early. The next day was more ceremony for him, while I was permitted to go about my leisure, as long as I wore white linen. I spent most of the day in the cool and secluded courtyards within the older parts of the palace, as the terrace I usually walked with Rahotep was too busy with all the visiting officials.

The day passed slowly and quietly, with everyone busy praying to the Gods and settling into the coming fast. I had my morning and evening flat bread in silence alongside Ankhet. At sunset we went back to Rahotep's rooms.

I stretched out alongside Rahotep, who was sat at his desk. In this time, personal hygiene beyond the basic cloth wash was prohibited. All beautifying, fakery, jewels, wigs and anything that wasn't pure white linen was taboo among anyone within the palace walls. In the city beyond, the daily life continued almost as normal, but in the evenings the more religious citizens also observed the rituals.

I rubbed Rahotep's back and scratched my nails down his scalp. It was nice to see his wild, naturally curly hair tumble all about the place. He was a truly magnificent man. His forehead was high and his nose was long with a slight crook. His olive skin glowed in the firelight.

Rahotep sighed and leaned against me.

"It's only the first day, yet I feel like it's the fiftieth. I always hate this part." His voice rumbled in the darkness. There was only one oil lamp lit, as even this was restricted now.

The main door banged open, startling us.

"Your highness, my apologies, your father -- he's very sick!" The man I recognised as Minmose, the Pharaoh's most trusted manservant, struggled to get his breath. Rahotep rushed to the man and they both disappeared into the darkness of the corridor. I was left to worry over them both.

A couple hours later I was sat in the windowsill overlooking the Northern side of the palace. One of the smaller secret doors opened, revealing Metmotek, the boy I had known from my tribe who now worked in the gardens.

"Miss Amenia, you must get your things. You must leave."

"Metmotek! What on earth are you doing here?" Ankhet began to shoo him from the chambers.

"No! You both must leave, now! There's something going on in the palace, there are screams heading this way. The forgotten prince! He's making his move. Please Amenia, Ankhet, you must go now! They will kill you both."

At that moment we heard the yelling, and heavy footfalls of men coming this way. I stared at Ankhet dumbly, frozen for a second. Then as one we moved.

She ran for the furs, for warmth, and I grabbed the jewels and the kohl. We'd spoken at length about this moment. It was most important that I hide my identity, and with my skin colour and hair colour that would be very difficult. My eyes were too light for normal around here, but hopefully if I kept my hair blackened, my skin dirtied and my eyes downcast it would be far easier to move from the city.

We left through one of the secret doors from the chambers, and we hadn't gone very far before we heard the main doors slam open and many feet pour into the chambers, searching for us. We picked up pace and ran.

It was almost total darkness in the secret passages of the palace, only a few shafts of light every now and again where normal corridors intersected and were lit by lamps. The three of us were very careful.

We had to go through the throne room to another servant's door which would take us to the kitchens, and from there to the city proper beyond the walls. We slipped out into the open space of the throne room, and everything was silent. No one would believe this night was any more bloody than any other, except there were no guards to be seen anywhere.

Until, of course, we made it halfway across the room and Ankhet let out a yelp, which she quickly stifled.

At her feet was the partially decapitated body of one of the guards, still gripping his spear. He hadn't had a chance. I wondered if the man who normally stood by his side had been the one to betray him.

We didn't have a moment to step around him before there was a commotion at the entrance of the room. Luckily the same column that concealed the body of the guard also leant us cover.

Djet entered, flanked by two of his priests, all of them laughing. Their white ceremonial robes were splattered with blood. Behind them were two guards -- royal guards, sworn loyal to the Pharaoh. My heart boiled. Between them was Rahotep. He was unharmed, though seemed dazed as if they'd hit him on the head.

"Dearest brother!" Djet announced to the nearly empty room. "I'm afraid to inform you that our father has died!" There was jeering and cheering from the few people nearby.

I motioned Ankhet and Metmotek toward another secret door, not the one we wanted, but one which would lead us away from here. When they were safely inside, I palmed Ankhet some jewels, and she nodded forlornly at me and handed me one of the warm robes she carried. We embraced silently, Djet still commanding the attention of the men in the main part of the room. I silently closed the door behind her. Unless you knew it was there, it was totally invisible.

There were three passages from this room, and as Djet crowed his victory, the guards unknowingly stood by the third and final exit.

Fade and fracture. The fire.

The fire. Pull him through the fire.

A plan formed in my head quickly, but I would need to watch for my moment. I stayed where I was.

"My brother, won't you celebrate the end of a tyrant with me?" Djet lifted Rahotep's head by his hair, but it just lolled and he groaned. My throat constricted with worry.

"It is unfortunate that you won't celebrate, seeing as you don't have much time left to celebrate anyway. I plan to keep you alive long enough for you to witness me extinguishing that little flame of yours. Why she took to you, but not to me I'll never know. But this time there won't be much of an option, will there? They won't be long now, I sent them to bring her to me."

Djet sniffed, and ascended the dais. Slowly, reverently, regally, he turned and sat on the throne, mere feet from where I stood. I had a wild moment where I wanted to jump up behind him and strangle him. But I was neither strong enough nor quick enough, the guards would be on me in an instant. I crouched back into the shadows and crept slowly toward where Rahotep lolled.

"Don't you think it fits me? Eh, brother? Far better than it would ever fit you."

"You aren't worthy." The whisper was barely audible.

"What? What's that, not worthy?" Djet let out a laugh that echoed through the chamber, making me jump slightly. The bigger man leapt from the throne and down the stairs in one movement, landing a swift kick into the ribs of Rahotep.

"Not worthy, you little shit! I was worthy before you! Six years before you were even born, it was supposed to be me! You weren't even in the running until you were ten." Spittle flew from his mouth, his head growing redder and redder with rage. Finally he straightened and wiped his face of errant spit.

The room was silent for a moment as Djet paced in front of Rahotep, still muttering his anger. A guard entered the room.

"Sire, the slave is no longer in the chambers. We think she's escaped. A couple other slaves are missing, and some jewels have been stolen from the Regent's personal selection."

Tsania
Tsania
69 Followers