Fire Queen Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tsania
Tsania
69 Followers

"Well. Maybe she wasn't so loyal to you after all. No matter, I can skip the step where I make her pay for what she did. I'll just make sure you get the message instead." Djet nodded to the guards flanking Rahotep, and they moved swiftly. One took his arms behind his back, and the other drew a blade.

I acted just as quickly. I had positioned myself behind one of the huge podiums which was topped by a pan of oil, burning bright and lighting the dark room. This was the only light in the room, so as it toppled and poured burning oil over the floor, all the men jumped away, except Rahotep who was still kneeling.

Up on its end, the oil pan rolled down the length of the room, directly in front of Rahotep. As the burning oil leaked over the floor, I ran behind it, tugging on him to follow me.

In the confusion I managed to open the servant's door, get us both through, and close it behind us again. I encouraged him to run with me, getting us both to the kitchens in record time. As we passed through the deserted servants areas, I took some grubby clothing hung up alongside the door, which was obviously used by the outdoor staff.

I wiped my hands around the dead fireplace, gathering ashes and dirt in my hands, and I began smearing it on my face, arms and hands. We dressed with the fine warm clothes beneath the rags tied on to us over the top. I wrapped my hair in the wash rags, as best I could, and Rahotep gained enough of his senses to help me tuck in errant hairs.

One last moment in the palace before we fled into the night, Rahotep held my hand, and kissed me softly.

"Thank you for not leaving me."

I couldn't respond, shouts from further down the servant's passage signalled that our getaway had been discovered.

The door from the kitchens opened directly on to a gutter, which opened out into a busy street. Because of the fasting ceremonies, almost every citizen was out of their house this evening, praising Amon, Mut and Khons. We blended straight into the crowds in our ragged garb.

As we reached the end of the street, the cacophony of righteous murmurs ringing through my ears, I looked back to the alley we'd emerged from. Three kings guard stood at the entrance, staring hopelessly into the faces of the crowd around them, knowing we'd made good on our escape. I spat in their direction, and pulled Rahotep further from the palace walls.

Tsania
Tsania
69 Followers