All Comments on 'First Death Pt. 09'

by AfterDusk

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

You're writing is superb breathing life into the unknown with interesting twists and turns along the way. You had me enthralled from the get go and continue to addict me. Thanks and keep up the wondeful work

HDVictory1HDVictory1over 5 years ago
Glad this story has continued

Thought you may have been eaten by wolves!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hello

Thanks for the update! I feel like the Omani culture is good in some ways like teaching discipline & respect & strength of character. It’s bad in others like it’s treatment of women & being sexed into the pack. For some people sex is a special pleasure shared only between husband & wife. I would feel sick like throw up & be depressed if I had to give my v card to some Alpha. Plus having sex with your kids is really messed up. What do the wolves do for birth control? Otherwise the Alpha could possibly impregnate all the females he has sex with since he doesn’t use condoms. Plus you shouldn’t need to humiliate your pack members in order for them to respect & serve you. Also if a woman isn’t turned on there could be damage done to her vagina without proper lubrication & arousal. That’s probably why there are so many myths about pain & bleeding for virgins. Because not all men think about the woman’s pleasure & just want to shove it in & please themselves.

AfterDuskAfterDuskover 5 years agoAuthor
Re: Anon

Thanks for reading and your comment! I generally don’t reply via this route but since you’ve decided to comment anonymously I haven’t much choice.

Something you will notice about my writing is that if I choose a species or a genre I might borrow some of the pre-established stereotypes but I prefer to create my own world and my own rules, instead of simply refurbishing the established ‘fantasy’ worlds that so many authors do over and over again; this is what I have done with this story, as you will find that my vampires don’t conform to the norm just as my wolves don’t. The Ōkami are a perfect example of this—I have created a unique culture and while you might not like everything that embodies them that is to be expected: real life isn’t perfect and neither are my characters. There are many cultures across the real world beyond our own and a lot of their beliefs are vastly different from others, some most definitely taboo. All I have done is exemplify this.

However, please take note that this is not a ‘werewolf’ story, the Ōkami are only a secondary plot line, a stopping point for the vampires. If you are looking for something that resides within the stereotype of a ‘werewolf’ there are plenty of other good authors out there who have written using these pre-established worlds, I’ll suggest PartWolf as an author who adheres to this genre well.

And as a correction, pain and bleeding for a woman while losing her virginity is not a ‘myth,’ it is common place.

It is impossible to please every reader so I don’t try, instead I write to make myself happy and I share it with the world in hopes that someone else will find it interesting. It would be dishonest to myself to change my thoughts simply because someone doesn’t agree with them. I’m sorry that my story doesn’t fit into the cut-and-dry fiction that you are seeking but there are plenty of other good authors on Lit so perhaps give a few others a try.

You are welcome to shoot me a private message if you wish to discuss any of this further.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I’ve been enjoying the story! Though I’m not sure how I feel about the power trip Matt is going on right now, hope he mellows out soon!

halfday35halfday35over 5 years ago
Great story

Really enjoy your work, thanks for the effort you put into it. Looking forward to more, again thank you.

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348over 5 years ago
Keeps Getting Better!

Well Dusky Girl, the story just keeps getting better:) I’m not surprised though lol, all your writing accelerates as it ventures forward. Your characters are so unique and they speak and act like real people would, so it’s easy to identify with them, and like them. I love all your work, especially the Tales and The Wanderers. Incredibly enjoyable stories!! So thank you so much for writing for us all🙃🤠.

Dreamcatcher24Dreamcatcher24over 4 years ago
Great!!

Awesome job, I love the whole culture and all the characters

jimjam69jimjam69almost 4 years ago
Well done

Better and better.

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

What haven’t understood yet is why if Lily can understand cats, why Matthew can’t by accessing her memories? That said, the writing and the pacing of the story is improving visibly. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAfterDusk@AfterDusk
I write things. Sometimes I share them here, but maybe only less than 20%. Yes, I know I have a few unfinished stories...and I will finish them all, eventually. I appreciate the time you take to read my musings; please vote and leave a constructive comment. As the saying...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES