All Comments on 'First Immortals Ch. 01'

by bb1212

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

c is the constant for the speed of light, if you want to be more accurate in terms of modern physics (and SI units, since you used cm and mm elsewhere).

bb1212bb1212almost 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks

For the previous comment, I missed that in the research. I could claim that the designation had changed over the 400+ years, or that 'L' applied when in a craft travelling at that speed, but really I just missed it...

I do appreciate you taking the time to comment.

BB1212

KhasyKhasyover 10 years ago

So let me get this straight. The Stellar craft travelling at the speedlimit imposed of 2c within 30.000 kilometers (which by the way is the twentieth of the distance of 2c), is capable of travelling to the moon and back in just about 1 second and 20 milliseconds?

Going further, let us say the Stellar craft is orbitting right at the edge of the 30.000km zone. Again going by the 2c that you impose within this zone, the craft is still able to fly around the Earth twice in a second, and complete one fourth of the third orbit. All just in a second.

Now don't get me wrong, I think this could turn out to be an okay Sci-Fi story. However, having a cruising speed capable of 10 times, or more, the speed of light is a little more than unbelievable.

I know this is a story with focus on Erotica, but I can't help noticing stuff like this, which ruins the story for me.

KhasyKhasyover 10 years ago
Continuing to point out inconsistencies in the science

"A pilot in a Stellar experiencing a meltdown only had about two or three seconds warning, and there was no way to get to the safety distance of twenty four thousand kilometres in that time."

If cleverly designed so the cockpit was capable of ejection, with life support systems. A punch out would take 1 second, and if the stellar craft is in motion at 10c or higher, the craft would be 3 million km away from the pilot, well outside the 24k km safety distance. And you state the craft has to be travelling at 10c or more for a melt down to happen.

"This was made after the first two melt downs, and for once the brass got it right as there never was a melt down under 10L."

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
damnit! lemmee enjoy the damn story!

okay, so what if the science is ridiculous? This is porn folks, which basically is all about imaginary self-delusion. I know the grimmer nasties whine about my abuse of the Britamerican language and I just ridicule their pretentious nonsense.

If you have ever had the misfortustance to be forced to attend social functions/seminars/conferences for any Academic English Department of any institution of 'higher' learning,. You will notice that the 'educators' (with and without tenure) are divisible into three groups. Drunks, potheads and senile drunken potheads.


I cannot speak about the Sciences departments from experience but considering the majority of the population are scientifically illiterate, I suspect a big part of that general ignorance is the failure of their education. I do know of scientists, who are brilliant in their narrow field, with degrees out the whazoo but who lack knowledge of any other science outside their pinpoint specialty. The term 'ultracrepedarian' applies.

Using technology does not mean you understand the technology you use. Just watch all the drivers who have never learned how to use power steering or braking system.

sithonsithonabout 7 years ago
Good but....

The science is bad. Does relativity not exist in this universe? Time dilation? But otherwise a good story.

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uover 6 years ago
Your complaining about the science?

The science is your problem?

In what world do you know where China would share its home grown technology, work with the WHOLE world together.

Oh but it's a story so I can live with it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous