All Comments on 'First Love, Last Love'

by JoeDreamer

Sort by:
  • 78 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great

So much for unrequited love. I loved the ending.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Big Time With Multiple KUDO's

Well you just cost me some sleep but it was well worth it. This was rollicking, respectful, sensual and touching - not an easy write but superbly done author.

Thanks very much Author - you are very much appreciated and I am in hopes of more in this vein!

With Very High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
One hell of a slice of life

Joe:

You put it all in this story. The path to true and lasting love is a rough and rugged road. It's bumpy, It twists, there are pot holes, and even unmarked forks in the road. You dear author managed to traverse all the pitfalls to arrive at what should always have been. Thank You. This Horny 'ol Sailor salutes you. Ronnie W.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 18 years ago
Very good Story

Good writing. Loved the dialogue but I'm wondering if people hold conversations like that during sex. I know I don't. It would be too distracting for me.

Too bad they didn't stay together to start with! But, true love never ran smooth!

Liked this story very much!

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
A wonderful story of romance

Totally delightful story of real romance with two very likable people. Loved the banter between these lovers.

Thank you for the story

SalamisSalamisabout 18 years ago
a sweet romance

It was the interplay between the characters that made this story so endearing. Thank you.

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 18 years ago
Good

well written a very good romantic story I loved the ending

Miss JaneMiss Janeabout 18 years ago
Great story

I thought your story was very good. The feelings that neither of them lost were eventually going to resurface, and am glad they did. Great job, and good luck!

David48David48about 18 years ago
The stars aline afterall

It's not always true. But love, more often than not, finds a way. For others...? Not...Too bad. We should all fall madly, pasionately in love just once.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
too corny, even for a "romance"

didn't get throug the first page before I quit and just scanned the rest,,,, there are some really good, believable "romance" stories out there; this one is plain too corny and exaggerated,,, but not in a funny way that can make you laugh at its silliness, no!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Loved it!

I loved this story. Very sweet and yes, some people can actually have conversations during sex. If you're having to concentrate that hard then your more worried about the mechanics. Thank you for sharing.

DesertPirateDesertPirateabout 17 years ago
Much better

Just re-read this one and I like it more than I did the first time. The dialog between the characters all the way through it makes this story special. Can't believe I didn't post the first time.

juanjsojrjuanjsojrabout 17 years ago
very good

I love stories like this love and alot of romance when I get a married I'm planning to pick vlantine's day to do it

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I liked it alot..

hey it may be corny to some,but I enjoyed it very much it was a very nice romance keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Spelling!!!

You've got some really nice stories there, but please, PLEASE watch your spelling! A horse voice? and that's just one of them... But keep up the stories!

clark3001clark3001almost 15 years ago
Unfulfilled story

He said she she loved someone else more than him and he didn't want her and him to settle for less. You didn't resolve the issue between the characters, there's no explanation for Jodie saying she didn't love Ryan more than him.

eliocecheteliocechetover 14 years ago
wonderful story

I discovered casually this wonderful story, but now I'll read one after another all stories of you.

Thank you JoeDreamer

YamiBoyYamiBoyalmost 13 years ago
^__^

Nice story. Good work! ^__^

PFDIIPFDIIover 12 years ago
Great story

Good romance - and great story on how people screw up their own lives because they don't say what they mean, nor mean what they say.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Sweet in its own way

Was a blissful read, had its romantic moments; was overall well written. Recommended.

markellymarkellyover 11 years ago
Great...

I liked this. A good read and kept me smiling all the way to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Very good

I'll be happy to have a GIRLFRIEND like Jodie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A GREAT STORY OF LOVE LOST AND LOVE FOUND

but he was a bit of a prick the way he carried on but eventually got there.....not sure about the sex scene between them...getting her to give him a BJ within the first five minutes doesn't hang well that should have come later but all in all a nice story and just shows that you can work things out if you love each other enough...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
really good story

first love last love finally marry. 5 stars plus

Ron Texas

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
SHE LOVES ME.....HE LOVES ME....

NOT----all the time or forever, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Bloody Brilliant

Ooh I so love this story. You have captured the whole feeling about true love. I gave you top ratings.I so love a good romantic story! You must admit that it's better than mills and Boone! Love you all! Bye.

Kitist02Kitist02almost 8 years ago
I'm awkward and have an excessive amount of pride.

I'd have blown up the entire relationship and it never would have gotten as far as the Valentine's Day party. Once he'd decided to talk to the older couple after dumping their dinner, he was a gone goose.

When she sat down, I'd have gotten up and left, rudeness be damned.

When I found Ryan had set me up with a blind date and I got to the party without knowing who it was, I'd have been suspicious and on a hair trigger. When she showed up I'd have kneed Ryan in his testicles as I left.

I'd never have gone along with the idea of an hour in one of Ryan's rooms.

When she showed up at the door I'd have closed it in her face.

In short, I'd have missed out on what turned out to be a wonderfully written love story, one that deserves all five stars. The plot was good and flowed smoothly, the characters were believable, the relationships were presented clearly, and, especially important for Literotica, the sex scenes and the final result were very well done.

Despite the grinding in my heart during the first page or so, I kept reading, fascinated to watch what I feared was going to be a train wreck of emotional meltdown. I kept reading as the two developed and exposed their history because it felt hopeful. I was delighted to see the final outcome.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Hope you'll be back soon

Stumbled across this for the first time in years, just as great as I remember it. And yeah, you did need some editing. You probably already know about your spelling, but something threw me back then and caught me again today.

""How is she doing?" I asked honestly curious. I heard that her husband died a couple of years ago. He wasn't Jodie's biological father and she had issues with him growing up, but I always liked the man.

"Good," she replied, and then obviously thinking about something else, she quickly added, "Oh, you'll love this!"

"What?"

"Janice is going to be a grandmother!" Jodie laughed.

"Your sister?" I asked in surprise.

"Of course my sister!" she replied with a roll of her eyes. Her action brought back so many memories of when we used to date that I couldn't help but smile.

"Sammy must be ecstatic," I said. Sammy was Janice's husband."

Janice is Jodie's mother? And her husband died? Then Sammy must be Jodie's brother-in-law, right? We never got Jodie's sister's name, but if Sammy WERE Janice's husband, he ain't ecstatic about much these days, I wouldn't think.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
NFW!

I would of beat the shit out of Kyle, dropped him as a friend, and for sure would of had NOTHING to do with Jodie ever again.

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 6 years ago
A pleasure to read

Can’t understand why anyone would object to a good friend trying to get a predestined couple together. They should name their first either Kyle or Kylie and make him godfather.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
???

what a horrible thing to do. he decided for her how she felt about him. no no no!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Well, Great!

This was a really good story, well written, with very good character development. It had a very good plot and it had a warm, fuzzy ending. But I didn’t like it. I don’t think any “best friend” is going to ambush his best bud with a blind date with the best bud’s ex. Not and have any expectations of remaining best friends. I KNOW that wouldn’t happen in my life. My best friend would have been on top of my shit list in an instant for pulling something like that. And all that “predestined” crap I’ve read about here, that’s what it is. Crap. Fiction, just like this story. Nope, I didn’t like this story at all. But I’d still rate it 4 stars, just for style and substance. Thanks for posting it.

UrgfmyfanUrgfmyfanalmost 6 years ago
Tragedy

time wasting....so much conflict no love..seems like Ryan is hero

...What a shame

UrgfmyfanUrgfmyfanalmost 6 years ago
Conflict not love.....hate the story

time wasting....so much conflict no love..seems like Ryan is hero

...What a shame

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Spelling needed

Unfortunately you disrupt the reader with spelling issues. A whole lot of “your “ instead of “you’re”. Also “you” instead of “your”. You also slipped in “and” instead of “at”, and “plumb” instead of “plump”.

Please help your reader and use beta readers and editors.

cybojicybojiabout 5 years ago
Its weird

When you know someone is your soulmate and they dont realize it as quickly. Many things are destroyed or lost. This was a great story of a couple that got lucky. Unfortunately we are never that lucky. Mine married another twice, I ended up divorced. Timing was never on our side. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Excellent story and..

..a great ending. Misspellings, unwieldy syntax and poor punctuation are so rampant these days that one is forced to grin and bear it. Keep in mind, these amateur authors are not vying for the Pulitzer. They are just trying to entertain us and in this instance, one of them has succeeded admirably. Five easy stars!

Horseman68Horseman68over 4 years ago
Great Little Story.

When reading a story like this one that is so enjoyable, one just reads right over the spellings and grammar issues. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Your and you’re

Your. Possessive. “That is your story.”

You’re. Contraction for “you are”. “You’re a writer.”

Please learn the difference.

I see you’re (heh heh) still writing as of 2019 so I hope you still read your (more heh heh) comments sections.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
No one ever gets over their first love.

Hell, i never really got over any of my loves. I tend to love hard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Spelling poor, full of grammatical errors and a silly storyline but I still really enjoyed it.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
What's in a name?

I don't think the male character ever had a name. Good story though.

flareb2343flareb2343almost 4 years ago
VALENTINES DAY

I was married on Valentines day back in 84 . we had 27great yrs until she passed. we had our normal ups & downs , but never went to sleep with troubled minds.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 3 years ago

Loved it

All of us make mistakes at times. It's good to learn this couple's earlier mistakes were overcome with love. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hey

This really needs an editor!! Entertaining though, so 4*s.

BoomerbillBoomerbillabout 3 years ago
Five stars for the story

Enjoyed the story a lot. It would be better if grammar were improved: you, your, you’re. Also know that “me” is used with objects, and “I” with verbs. “More”and “better” are used interchangeably, but they are not in proper english. Maybe try Grammar Girl.” I admit that English is a difficult language to master all the fine points, buuut, I’ve been trying for forever. Please keep writing, your stories are fun.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

good story, but the minor grammar and spelling glitches are a bit distracting

RetiredsleeveRetiredsleevealmost 3 years ago

Very similar to another one of your stories. A fun read though

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ugh, hate pushy women and friends. couldn’t finish.

flareb2343flareb2343over 2 years ago
NIT PICKERS

these JOKERS that fine the need to nit pick some one else's stories but haven't written 1 word. A$$ HOLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

racfguyracfguyover 2 years ago

Kyle was/is an asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pushy manipulative assholes. He needs to grow a pair. I gave up at the valentine's day party. His friend is an asshole.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Good one.....quite enjoyable....5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really hate Kyle as a best friend, more like a bastardo.

And Jodie's smirks from her intro is even worse!!

NOT WORTH FINISHING THIS CRAP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Totally agree with. flareb2343 about people who have never written a damn thing, trashing stories posted here. You can critique a story, an author, without being stupid ugly about it. But enough. I liked this story, it seemed like he and Jodie were meant to be together. Just took them a while to get there. I will say that I too think Kyle was a bit of a dick with the blind date thing. Thanks for the story, Joe.

rbloch66rbloch66about 2 years ago

Everyone needs a best friend like Kyle. It takes love and courage to do something for a friend, that’s in their best interest, knowing full well that they will be pissed off. Most of us know what we want, but not many of us know what we really need. Great story! I will be revisiting this one.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

good. I was hoping after they made a baby and wed that they would accidentally or fatefully run into the same older cople at the restaurant and continue their story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

MC IS A WEAK WIMP. JODIE IS A BITCH

wish_thinkerwish_thinkerover 1 year ago

Their history was weird....not so clear...

KaeyoKaeyoover 1 year ago

And the Oscar for most insecure and wishy-washy character in LW goes to …

The MC of this story!

I mean seriously, this guy has more whines more than the average liquor store.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
?

A story about idiots? and an author that doesn't know the difference between then and than...

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 1 year ago

[15.02.23]

Beautiful love story!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
1*

dude was pitiful. pure shit.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt11 months ago

Do t let the naysayers win! Great story, if you need an editor who knows then/than, their/they're/there, etc.... contact me.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I’m with some of the others. This guy who was the main char came off as completely off putting. While some off your other leads are fabulous this guy came across as a petulant dick. Hated it.

StubbyoneStubbyone11 months ago

Easily one of the quickest 5’s I’ve ever given. The dialog was really well done and the character development was good for those that mattered. In high school he was a basically shy guy that fell head over heels in love with Jodie. It happens and you can’t help the feelings that are inside you. Don’t forget that it’s a story. Try to focus on the writer’s skills and not why his characters were bitches or shy. If all you have to complain about is his misuse of then and than you need to get a life. Those are pretty minor errors. I loved the story & can’t wait to read more of this author’s stories.

5-😊😊😊😊😊’s

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Jodie was a bitch.....hated her arrogant bitchy character.....so much for fucking romance.....just a demanding bitch

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker9 months ago

🤷👍💯👍😉😁

Richard1940Richard19405 months ago

Different but good. thank you

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story. Enough to ignore the grammatical/spelling issues. Love it when a title contributes to a story instead of summarizing. In this case it lets us know the fate of the couple after the story.

Coochielover71Coochielover713 months ago

Really, really great story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Sorry, you lost me when he stayed at the party when she showed up. Then start acting like everything is normal. When he couldn’t stand to be around her in the earlier pages. Made no sense. Didn’t feel like going through all the angst that I saw coming. LM

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nice story. Old love comes back to be his wife. Peculiar story, but interesting. 👍

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

I read and left a comment 18 years ago. Still a great story!

5

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good job making the narrator seem like a real prick until we finally learn the whole story. By the end I was 100 percent pulling for these two to get their happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

long

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Fucking stupid. Asshole MC needs better friends than the bitch Kyle. Jodie is a fuck up

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous