All Comments on 'First Posting'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
jetpacksamjetpacksamover 5 years ago
Very nice.

Thank you for this, I enjoyed it.

NeuroBillNeuroBillover 5 years ago
No title needed.

Fun. Great way to start the morn.

cpl8140cpl8140over 5 years ago
Great

Glad to see a fresh story from you, 5*. I did have to look up a couple of words. Australian English is a little different from American English.

KRD19254KRD19254over 5 years ago

Very good story, almost a 6* butt...

I do not know anything about the UK but a few points seemed to be missed;

1. The District Police do not a Reserve Police Force to draw upon in times of critical need - that Scott could have converted too rather than being forced to loose all his seniority and benefits? It seemed as Scott's posting was a plot by the governor/DA to investigate/restore proper law/morals to Brookman/Canning Hill area - they owe Scott.

2. What happen to the fraud investigation and restitution to those harmed?

Almost looked like you rushed to conclude the story letting Brookman die to close some loose ends. And we are to understand that in over a Century of Brookman's there was only one heir to the Brookman empire???

I expected Ms. Wallace would have become a god-grandmother to Scott/Judy children.

burningloveburningloveover 5 years ago
Great Story as usual

Cromag,

I always look for and enjoy your stories.

I'm glad you wrote this - a few colloquialisms I had to look up "sparrow fart" was particularly endearing. I've read read 20 of your stories so - each very entertaining.

Keep it up.

Burninglove

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 5 years ago
Another great story - thank you

Love your writing.

The characterisation is wonderful and Australian rural life leaps from the page.

Superbly written, have just added you to my list of favourite authors

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 5 years ago
Very nice rural tale

Most enjoyable, thank you.

abboncabboncover 5 years ago
Welcome back!

Good to see that you are still fitting in some writing! It appears that doing less has actually improved the quality!

KRD, if you were to check, you will find that Cromagnonman is Australian.

Cheers,

Nick

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzover 5 years ago
Good to read your sh-tuff again

I might need to return too.

B_BaileyB_Baileyover 5 years ago
Well played!

I like a story with little or no sex in it. Just let one's imagination run wild. Giving one enough rope to hang oneself is great. George (well both of the George's) seemed to be just like that. Happy endings are always better when served with humble pie.

Me being a "Yank" I did have a little difficulty reading it with the colloquial sayings throwing me just a little, but overall I did like it and look forward to more of your writings. I enjoyed it tremendously.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Love the story. It has lovely ending. AAAAAA++++++

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

What a great story, the little guy prevails, and the corrupt Banker loses everything including his life.

Well done 5++stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
1286 Followers
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...