Five Whores for Denver

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As we lay there panting, she said puzzled, "Why are we waiting until spring?" I said excitedly, "I've seen a lot of change at sea, from wooden sailing brigs to steel passenger liners. But I have never seen ANYTHING like the ship I've booked us on."

I continued to enthusiastically prattle, "It'll be its maiden voyage and they say that it's the fastest, and most opulent liner in the North Atlantic trade. Plus, it incorporates all of the new advances in ship design. Why... The Titanic is even unsinkable."

EPILOG

It was utter pandemonium up on the boat deck. They were blowing steam off, from the valves high up on the funnels and the thunderous boom added to the confusion.

The time was just past one AM and there were people milling around, mostly just confused, as Second Officer Lightoller commenced loading the lifeboats. I saw the fear and desperation on his face. I thought, "This is real!!"

The night was cold and crystal-clear. There was an outrageous panoply of stars. I'd seen a lot of skies in my time at sea. But this diamond studded, back-velvet canopy was remarkable.

I put my arm around Aimee and pulled her to me. She was wearing one of her full-length mink coats to ward off the chill. I was wearing a heavy tweed all-weather cape and flat-topped shooting hat.

Aimee's maid Ellen was with us as was her friend Betsy, who was Lady Allison's maid. The two shared a second-class cabin together.

We approached lifeboat 8, which was our assigned station. Captain Smith had never actually held a formal lifeboat drill. There were too many people of quality on board to attempt that. But the number of the boat that was assigned to our stateroom was written on a little placard next to the rosewood door of our suite.

I heard Lightoller calling out, "Women and children only," as he and the crew boarded the people clustered around the boat. We walked up together with Betsy and Ellen. There were already perhaps twenty women in the lifeboat along with a few crew members.

Lightoller gallantly assisted Aimee, as she stepped gracefully over the side. Then Ellen came forward. Lightoller barred her way. He said, "I'm sorry Miss. But we only have room for one more." He turned to me and said politely, "You're next Sir." The look of panic in Ellen's eyes was heartrending.

I knew what Lightoller was saying. We were obviously first-class passengers and Ellen was just a maid. I'm no social warrior. But there was no way I could EVER live with myself if I preserved my own ancient hide, while this young woman went down with the ship.

So, I said, "I will not board while there are still women and children remaining on the ship." And I gestured for Ellen to take my place. She looked at me bewildered. I said brusquely, "Get on the boat girl! I'm not going!!"

With that, Ellen stepped over the side and into the lifeboat. Aimee was watching the exchange from one of the boat's benches. Aimee stood up the moment Ellen came aboard. Lightoller said annoyed, "Please, sit down Madam. We are about to winch away."

Aimee removed her fur coat and gently handed it to Ellen. She said kindly, "Take this dear. You will need it to keep warm. I won't require it now."

Then she gave Lightoller a formidable stare and said, "I will NOT be separated from my husband. As we have lived, so will we die ... TOGETHER," and to my absolute astonishment, my wife stepped back OUT of the boat.

I said anxiously, "You have to get back in the boat my love. Nobody will survive in this frigid water." There are times when Aimee's odd violet eyes seem to glow with the deep fires that power her soul. She touched my cheek and said affectionately, "Now don't argue with me Jacob. You know you'll never win."

Then my wife turned and pushed Betsy, the other maid, into Lightoller's arms. She said in a voice that brooked no disagreement, "This woman will take my place." I was looking at Aimee with a mixture of wonder and dismay. She gave me one of her patented alluring glances, took my arm and said fondly, "Where you go, I go."

With that, we strolled over to a couple of nearby deck chairs and sat. We both realized that we were going to die. Still, everybody dies someday and today was as good a day as any. At least we would go together. It would be a perfect ending to a lifelong love.

We talked about the early days, as the deck continued to tilt. In the end, I took both of her hands in mine and said fervently, "Forever!!" She gave me a loving smile and simply said, "Yes." Her violet eyes consumed me as the plunge began.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I have to apologize to the Titanic buffs, like me. Since, you'll recognize that I "borrowed" the story of Isidor and Ida Straus for the epilog. What you read here actually occurred as I recount it, using their own words. It is in my own not so humble opinion, one of the most romantic incidents of the entire Twentieth Century.

James Cameron chose to immortalize their ending by portraying the two old people snuggled together in their cabin as the rising water took them. But in my mind the reality is much more romantic. You can almost see the two of them calmly sitting there, in the chaos of the boat deck, knowing they're going to die, but wanting to leave this life holding hands.

The cable ship Mackay-Bennett recovered Isidor's body a few days later. Ida's was never found. A cenotaph at their mausoleum In the Bronx is dedicated to their love. Its inscription tells it all: "Many waters cannot quench love -- neither can the floods drown it."

1...345678