All Comments on 'Five Years'

by Pallaton

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
canndcanndover 10 years ago

WOW....I somehow missed 'Robert'. It was very sad. I was slightl y surprised how sad it was. This story gives me hope that Colt might find some joy again. What I think is crazy is that Jarad was leaving Mike for that one cheat that he must have admitted to after the whole 'I thought I'd never see you again...' Now he is there with a person who did the same thing to someone which may or may not have led to their death. (He must have wanted to know if it did cause him to take his life, and if his parents were with Rob around that time, they'd know if that was the reason he killed himself) That is a wicked crazy situation! Can that whole dynamic be overlooked and allow them to be together? I hope at minimum that Jarad can help him realize that killing himself b/c of what Mike did isn't the answer. I hope you plan to continue it. I don't see a ch. 1 so I am unsure.

The thing is...I think it is so damn hypocritical of him to leave Mike b/c of his cheating when he was gonna walk down the aisle with another person!! He was breaking the heart of the man and the man goes to do something to ease the pain and he condemns him for it? That's nuts. The pain of the man you love for all those years choosing to marry and not stand up to his parents would be huge. He was being left and tossed aside. Come on! He is supposed to sit there and be celibate and devoted? I think Jarad has some nerve! I kinda think he's got some issues that Colt doesn't need lol. Do you have another character he could love? Has Colt figured out why he is so self-destructive? Not cheating again b/c of guilt isn't as good a reason not to. There are other ways to be self-destructive and destroy a relationship. Esp. when the self-hatred and guilt have been added to whatever made him destroy what he had. These are two very emotionally fucked up people you created. lol.

I guess we'll see!

chesthairslavechesthairslaveover 10 years ago
Complicated Love

To fully understand all the irony in this story, do yourself a favor and read the prequel 'Robert'. Both are short. I completely agree with cannd, 'a wicked crazy situation.'

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPallaton@Pallaton
Hey all, Tumblr has fallen apart and I am no longer there. I am most active on Twitter right now. I would love it if you guys will come visit me there. Feel free to send me a message and chat with me. It would be super cool to hear from you and get input on stories. Or if you...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories