All Comments on 'Five Years and Four Days Ch. 00'

by careythomas

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
HypeBeastHypeBeastover 7 years ago

It's a prologue, meaning there will be more right? I've really enjoyed reading this and I would love to see more from you. I seriously can't wait!!

tygztygzover 7 years ago

5 points, er, stars, to @careythomas for a marvelous start! I love the characters already!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very nice.

Wow I'm totally intrigued as to where this will go. I already love these characters as well, especially Alex and Jessica. Wonderful story and I can't wait for the next installment. Five stars of course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

More..... please don't keep us waiting

jenorma2012jenorma2012over 7 years ago
Very good

This is a very good start to what I am sure to be a great series, but I could not help but think this story line is almost like the Harry Potter stories, there are similar events like the school, the points for each student, the perfect, all that is missing are the houses names and a few others, still I look forward to reading more

careythomascareythomasover 7 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the comments! I uploaded the story in its entirety, so the rest of it is working its way through the review process. On the Harry Potter point - yes, lots of similarities, but mostly because those are elements (prefects, school captains, short/long leaves, points) common across many long-standing boarding schools in the UK. Hope you enjoy the rest of the story and keep the comments (positive or not) coming!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

please more sooooon!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very well written

I really like the way you write.

Gentle, caring for your characters, convincing.

And I do hope that the next instalment will have more x-rated action in it, if the dream is a good indication.

rml65rml65over 7 years ago
Amazing!

This story is very well written and flows! Can't wait to read more! Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent!

Dont_miss_meDont_miss_meover 7 years ago
Great style...

Even better story movement and syntax. Gonna give it 4... No, I'm gonna give it 5 stars. Great way to start a story thread. This has the potential to go the distance.

Keep them coming!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hooray, a back story...

Love a good back story. Interesting dynamics, lots of good characters, and very believable. Look forward to learning more about Jessie's past.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
More!

Ahhh, I want more so bad and soon! This is going to be amazing!

TSreaderTSreaderover 7 years ago
A great opening chapter!

A wonderful start to this story! I can't wait to read more of it! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Yes I'm Hooked

Really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to reading more. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What is next???

I read the first parts and then it stoppped when it should just be beginning!!!!

MaonaighMaonaighover 7 years ago
Congratulations

You have nicely captured the flavour of the British school story of yesteryear and have used some nice imagery: Clash's ability to wear a tie without seeming to (I well remember we hulking fifth and sixth formers of the Fifties trying---very James Dean---to appear cool and nonchalant in terrible uniforms that didn't do cool and nonchalant; and your line about teens being conditioned to collapse into furniture---so very accurate. Five stars to your house, Miss Thomas, looking forward to reading and marking your next essay.

lesbearlesbearover 7 years ago
I did as you suggested

I went back and read this after reading the four part story. So glad you made the suggestion in the prologue to do that because on the first read through, I didn't make it past page one. I'm not really interested in 18 year old girls and thought it might be yucky. Now I realize I may have bypassed a jem. Thank you for submitting this terrific story. I can't wait to read more from you.

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Meover 6 years ago

I just had to read this again. I love this series.

JessicaMandellaJessicaMandellaover 6 years ago
Started with this glad I did

Loving both, for me heart is over heat. Maybe I'm too lipstick. I started with this chapter 00, and I'm hooked. Well done. My inner editor had nothing to do and left me to swoon over your heart melting story. I'm going to SO enjoy this ride. Thank you for creating it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Oh but for more..

I just read this prequel, after reading the rest, Nw I yearn for a sequel... please consider it,,,,,,,,

hopeless_not_so_romantichopeless_not_so_romanticabout 5 years ago
I'm in love

I read this after the others. And I just love how it was written. And how relatable the chatacters are.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

You are an awesome writer, please keep the stories going with all of your characters!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Whoops. Mea culpa.

Hello Ms. Thomas

One star? No, I intended to rate this piece 4 stars at least. On some sites you tap on each star. So, I'm sorry but I couldn't find a way to change it. Maybe I can make up for it when rating another chapter. Thx for the engaging character development. I already care what happens to each one of them. I had so many major crushes on teachers and other adults from about age 12 and up. It was before I even knew that I definitely was gay. So, I'm hooked and looking forward to following the rest of the story. Thanks so much for the theme, setting and well developed cast. I already hope that the possessive, teacher who is trouble, gets hers. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
PC or Fact?

Masterful is a masculine expression, So does 'Mistressful' need to be added to the feminine dictionary. Regardless this piece was very good, now for the next four books.

Highc70Highc70over 3 years ago
Loved the introduction

I am happy that I read this story first. I have no idea what the next will bring, but am happy I got this introduction to the characters first! Very well written

Kaori86Kaori86over 2 years ago

I loved the prologue! Can't wait to read the rest of the story.

Sausage17Sausage17over 2 years ago

Alright I’m hooked, can’t wait to read the rest! 😊

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Reading this AGAIN, for at least the third time. Love it. I admire all your work, particularly this series. The awkward, titillating journey of discovery really does it for me. And your writing is outstanding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You write so well! I’m sure I’m going to live the feast of this story

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great writing

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercareythomas@careythomas
1674 Followers
Twitter: @CareyThomas144 I set up a twitter account to deal with the plagiarizer (but then she blocked me) but now that I have an account, I thought I'd let you all know! . Recommended reading order: Five Years and Four Days Summer and Fall Looking at the Sun A Ghost o...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES