Five Years Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I smiled, "I think you might just be right. I have to run. Thanks!"

I practically ran out to my car and sped home.

I ran upstairs and into the bathroom, stripping off and showering in under fifteen minutes. I dried my hair went into my bedroom and sifted through my wardrobe, suddenly finding the perfect one. It was a deep purple inner with purple lace over, off the shoulder, long lace sleeved, lace bodice, knee length dress. I'd only worn it once to a reunion dinner at my old college. My best friend Jackie had told me I looked knockout in it, so I decided it was perfect.

I quickly picked out matching lingerie, a lacy thong and bra in black. I slipped them on, put the dress on and looked at myself in the mirror. I liked the look and hoped that Jodie would approve.

I sat at my dressing table, touched up my lipstick and mascara and added some eyeliner. I picked out large hoop earrings, swapping my studs out for them.

Finally I picked the low wedge lilac shoes I'd bought to match the dress.

I went downstairs and unpacked my laptop. I sat at the breakfast bar with my phone beside me. I was as nervous as a schoolgirl waiting for a prom date, although I couldn't tell you why. Obviously Jodie visiting me was a big deal, perhaps that was it.

My phone beeped and I looked at it. Allie. What did she want? Oh no. My heart sank. What if she was suddenly free? What if...

I stopped myself and calmly opened the text. I breathed a sigh of relief when I read, 'Happy Valentine's day! X.'

I texted back, "And you. Have a lovely evening."

I looked at the time. Jodie would be here soon. I tried to look at email but couldn't concentrate.

After what seemed like an age I heard a car pull into the driveway behind mine. Jodie knew my address because she'd sent me cards and flowers several times, so she'd obviously just put my address in her sat nav.

I practically ran outside and hugged her as she climbed out of the car. She was in a sleek, red, off-the-shoulder dress, knee length like mine, that showed off her body beautifully.

This was so out of character for me in my neighbourhood and I was suddenly aware that there might be twitching curtains. I was so used to being open with her down in Sussex I forgot myself for a moment.

She hugged me back and then reached into her car and pulled out a small overnight bag and her handbag from the passenger seat.

"Hi babe. I hope you don't mind if I stay over? I was planning on sharing at least a bottle of wine with you."

"Of course. Welcome to Cambridge, Sparrow. I managed to get us a table."

We walked into the house and I led her through the hall to the kitchen. She placed her bags on the worktop, looking around. She whistled softly under her breath. "Wow. Nice place you've got here. Didn't realise I was dating royalty."

I laughed, "It's not that grand, Sparrow."

She looked at me, "Babe, it's about three times the size of your cottage. You've got an upstairs. You're living up to the Posh name anyway."

I smiled, "So lovely to see you. Such a lovely surprise."

She gave me an enigmatic smile, which confused me a little, and just said, "Well, let's see. What time is the table booked for?"

I parked my worry over her saying that and I looked at the time, "Seven thirty. We've got just under an hour. It's a nice walk, and the weather is good enough. We can go for a drink in a lovely little pub over the road."

She smiled, "Sounds like a plan to me. Come on then. Lead me to the best restaurant in Cambridge."

I picked up my handbag and she shouldered hers. I took her hand and we started the walk into town. It felt odd, being with someone openly in my hometown for the first time in well over a decade.

Fifteen minutes later we arrived at the restaurant. It's on the river and Jodie once more let out a whistle.

"Fancy place," she said, taking in the huge glass frontage, "luckily I think my bitch of a boss will allow me to expense it."

I giggled, "I really hope you'll like it."

She smiled, "I'm sure it will be lovely."

We went into the old pub just down the road and opposite, had a small glass each and then headed up to the restaurant. Michele greeted us as we walked in, kissing me on both cheeks. I then introduced Jodie.

"Michele, this is Jodie. Jodie, this is my friend Michele who thankfully was able to squeeze us in at the last minute."

He didn't bat an eyelid that my date was another woman. He gave Jodie a similar peck on each cheek.

"Lovely to meet you, Jodie. Any friend of Anna's is a friend of mine. Welcome."

I was suddenly thrown back five years to our first date dinner. The similarities were almost spooky.

Michele grabbed two menus and led us to our table, down by a window overlooking the river. "Can I get you ladies a drink?"

I looked at Jodie, "They have a delicious Pinot here, babe. Let's share a bottle?"

"If you are persuaded to switch from Chardonnay it must be good." She looked at Michele, "That sounds lovely. A bottle please?"

He smiled, "Certainly Jodie. Coming right up."

He walked away and we started perusing the menu. I recommended their seared tuna, which I would never eat but had been told by many friends was heavenly.

Michele came back with our bottle which he showed to us and then opened, pouring two generous glasses. Jodie ordered the tuna and I ordered their delicious aubergine parmigiana. We chatted idly about our days, Jodie's drive and how the Bunch were all doing and eventually our food arrived.

As we finished eating I realised Jodie was a little quiet and distant.

I put my knife and fork down and looked at her. "What's wrong, babe? I can tell something isn't right."

She also put her cutlery down and stared back at me.

"We have to talk. But not now. When we get back to your mansion."

So, it was going to come to a head today of all days. I knew it would happen eventually and was genuinely surprised it hadn't happened several years before.

Michele came over and asked if we wanted desserts, but we both turned it down. Jodie paid for dinner and we headed home in silence. I wondered how bad a night it was going to be.

We got into the house and I opened a bottle of wine and poured a glass each. Jodie sat at the breakfast bar, and I sat next to her.

She stared into my eyes. She looked harder than I had ever seen her before.

"I need to know, where are we going, Anna?"

I swallowed and sort of shielded myself from answering directly. "Where do you want us to go, Jodie?"

She frowned. Not a look I was particularly used to or happy to be seeing. She reached over and took my left hand in both of hers.

"Right. I will say this, and I won't repeat it. Allie is toxic, Anna. I've tried to understand, to be there for you. I can't share you with her anymore."

I would like to say I was stunned, but I wasn't. I had expected this for some time but all the same my world was rocked.

I tried to put my wall up again. I wasn't going to cry. "You... you want to break up with me?"

She smiled sadly and squeezed my hand in hers. "No. I don't. I'm not going to force you to make a decision right now. I know how big a step this is, but I can't carry on like this. You have the weekend to think about it."

I went cold. I couldn't believe I was on the verge of losing her and it was all my fault. I went to say something but she stopped me with a kiss.

She broke it and said, "No, Anna. I can see you were going to say something without really thinking about it. Come on. Let's go and sleep in that enormous bed I'm sure you have in this palace of yours."

I'd like to say we made soft, passionate love that night and that I pledged my eternal love to her, but we didn't and I didn't. I kept thinking about how I was going to sort this out properly.

Jodie fell asleep and I never did. I hugged her, and she held my hand in hers, but I lay awake all night. When my alarm went off at five, we got out of bed, Jodie dressed in a beautiful flower print flared skirt and bias cut top in a cobalt blue. I put on a Royal Blue shift dress.

Before she left she kissed me and said, "Don't rush, Anna. Allie is bad for you, but if you don't think so, you are not the person I think you are."

She drove off and I was bereft. It was only six in the morning and I didn't know what to do.

I sat around staring, thinking. I called Sandra at seven and told her I wouldn't be in. She asked if everything was okay and I lied.

"Yeah. Just a late night. I don't have any meetings today, do I?"

"No, none. Have a lie in and a great day off."

I was exhausted. I knew who I needed to call but she wouldn't be available until she'd dropped her kids, my overly spoiled godchildren, off at school. I waited until just after nine and dialled.

She picked up immediately.

"Hey babes! How's it going?"

I managed to croak out, "Jackie, is there any chance you can come over? I need to talk to you. I need some advice."

There was a pause and then, my best friend forever said, "I'll be there in twenty minutes. Get the coffee on."

I laughed, "Consider it done."

I prepared a cafetière of coffee and boiled a kettle. As I heard her pull into the drive I poured the water in.

She came in and gave me a hug.

She took one look at me and said, "What the fuck happened to you babe? You look like you aged ten years. Is it that bitch again?"

Jackie knew Allie and did not approve.

I fussed with making the coffee and poured it out, handing a mug to her.

"No. It's Jodie."

She looked confused. "What you mean the supermodel you invented who you never stop talking about?"

I laughed, "Well, yes. That one. She came up last night and took me out for a Valentine's Day dinner."

"Wow. And that was a problem?"

I shrugged and sipped my coffee. "Yes. She gave me an ultimatum. Her or Allie."

Jackie looked at me, a look of genuine shock on her face and I thought she was going to be supportive and consoling.

How wrong can you be?

"And you didn't answer her?" I shook my head. "You stupid cow. You stupid, stupid cow. Why on earth not? She obviously loves you. Allie couldn't give a fuck about you. No, not quite true. That's all she wants. A fuck from you."

It was like one of those moments in a movie where the camera angle shifts around full circle. Everything came into focus.

I burst into tears.

Jackie came over and hugged me, "Sorry babe. I've been trying to tell you for years. I know all the hurt from the past, I know all the shit you've been through, but Allie is not doing you any good."

She pulled back.

"So, is that it? You didn't tell Jodie and she's gone? The end?"

I shook my head and through my sobs managed to tell her, "No. I have the weekend to decide. She left a few hours ago."

She looked amazed. "Holy shit. It's fucking obvious that Jodie loves you. If I'd been treated the way you have been treating her you wouldn't have seen me for dust."

I looked at her, "I love her, Jackie."

"Well, duh. Have you told her that?"

I realised I never had. Not once. To be fair, she had never said it to me either. I shook my head.

"You daft bitch. Right. Get in your car. Now. Put it on that self drive thingy you have. Go. Tell her."

I wanted to talk to Jodie right there and then. "Maybe I should call her?"

Jackie was stern. "Anna, I've seen you through some of the best and worst times in your life. Trust me. Don't call her, don't tell her you're coming. Go. Now."

I nodded. I now wanted to see her more than anything.

I grabbed my handbag. I didn't need to pack a bag. Over the years I had managed to build up a wardrobe and all the essentials down at the cottage.

Jackie walked out with me, gave me a hug and whispered, "Go. Don't fuck this up. Don't lose her. She is worth more than Allie. Dammit, girl, I've never met her and I think she's better than Becky."

Jackie went to her car and backed out. I got into mine and like a robot drove out and down the familiar route to Jodie.

Two hours later I was at my cottage. I didn't bother to go in. I grabbed my bag and practically ran up the High Street and down the road into the salon. Jodie was there at the desk, talking to Maggie. She had changed into her favoured black trousers and white blouse. The outfit I saw her in the very first time we met.

She looked up at me, a look of surprise on her face and walked over. I probably looked bloody awful.

She looked at me and smiled, "Anna?"

Despite my height advantage I felt about four feet tall in that moment. I looked into those eyes and mine filled with tears once more.

I managed to get out one word.

"Yes."

She smiled, "Yes?"

"Yes, Jodie. Yes. I love you. Yes."

I don't know what I expected, but she went back to the counter and grabbed a hair tie. She came back and said, "In that case, Anna, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?"

I blinked. I cried. I realised I wanted nothing more.

"Yes, Jodie. Yes, please."

She coiled up the hair tie, took my left hand in hers and slipped it over my ring finger.

I fell into her arms and we hugged. I slowly became aware that we were the focus of attention of the whole salon. I looked around and saw people smiling. Some had tears in their eyes and I was one of them.

Maggie rushed over and said, "Oh, thank god. Thank you Anna. I'm so happy for you two."

I hugged her, as did Jodie.

When everything had calmed down a little Jodie said, "Right. I suppose I had better get back to work."

Maggie said, "No, Jodie. We have enough slack this afternoon. Go and take your fiancée away. I'll move some bookings around. Go."

I swelled inside. I was Jodie's fiancée. I felt so proud, so happy. Complete.

Jodie smiled, "Thanks Maggie. Okay, come on wife-to-be. We better go and get some lunch and then go and tell the Bunch what's happening. You know how much they'll complain if they don't hear it from us."

Taking my hand in hers she led me out of the salon and round the corner to my favourite café. We told Emily the manager our news and we got our food on the house. I could hardly eat anything I was so full of emotion and excitement battling inside me.

As we headed to Brannigan's a little later, Jodie took my hand in hers. We were both silent and I felt so happy.

We walked in and a small gathering of the Bunch were around, which I was mildly surprised about given that it was still only mid afternoon. We shared our news with them and there were hugs and congratulations all round.

We stayed for just one celebratory drink and then Jodie said, "Right you lot. I'm taking my fiancée home. See you all later."

We got back to the cottage and walked in.

Standing in the kitchen Jodie took my hands in hers and looked at me. "Right now I'm the happiest woman in the world."

I laughed a little, "I don't think so. I think you might be looking at her."

She held my hand, squeezing it fiercely, "I cried all the way home, you know? Took ages to clean myself up to look presentable. I really didn't think I'd see you again. I thought I'd lost you forever. When you walked into the salon I couldn't believe my eyes. You made me so happy. At that moment I knew, just knew."

I swallowed, "I was a mess when you left. I called Jackie and she came over and called me all sorts of names."

She smiled, "You have to introduce me to the famous Jackie. I want to thank her for looking after you all this time."

I had told Jodie, over the years, about Becky, about the mess I became after we split and how I was only now really coming to terms with it.

I kissed her, "I'm sorry for all the pain I've put you through, Sparrow. I promise I will never do it again."

"Shhh," she said and kissed me again, "my pain was for you, babe. I could see you just spiralling down because of Allie. I knew if I didn't do something I might lose you in a far worse way. Let's put it aside. All's well that ends well, right?"

I sniffed and smiled. Jodie pulled me to her and we hugged. I felt her unzip my dress. She stood back and pulled it down over my shoulders, letting it pool at my feet. I went to undo her blouse but she stopped me.

"No. I want to see what a wife-to-be looks like naked, first."

She undid my bra and pulled it off. She slipped her thumbs into the waistband of my knickers and slid them down over my thighs and down. She slipped my shoes off and I stepped out of my dress and underwear.

I stood there, naked before her.

She stopped, stood up and hugged me, resting her head on my shoulder. I loved the feeling of vulnerability, being naked against her clothes.

"I love you, Anna."

"I love you, Jodie."

She took my hand and led me to the bedroom.

I heard her say, "Sit down and let me show you what your wife-to-be looks like and how much she loves you."

I sat down and watched, mesmerised, as she pulled the tails of her blouse out, undid the buttons and discarded it. She undid her trousers and slid them down to the floor. I took in her beautiful body and felt that tingling warmth inside me. After such an emotional day I was finally back in the wonderful world of Jodie.

She unclasped her white bra, revealing her beautiful breasts. I could clearly see how stiff her nipples were. Finally she slid her brief black panties down, exposing herself to me at last. I was honoured to be present at the most wonderful strip tease I could ever imagine.

I stared into her eyes and swallowed. She was perfect in every way.

She came over and stood before me. Her pussy at my eye level. She slightly spread her legs and then gently pulled her lips apart. I could see how wet she was, and how engorged her beautiful clit was.

"Look, Anna. Look how much I want you. How much all of my body loves you."

I leaned forward and kissed her clit, taking her into me and sucking softly, rolling my tongue around her hood. She sighed and ran her fingers through my hair, tangling it up. I put my hands behind her and cupped her beautifully small bottom in my hands.

I heard her moan and all she could say was, "I'm gonna... I'm gonna..."

A minute later I felt her shaking and heard her making meaningless sounds. As she came she fell on the bed and we ended up tangled together, loving kisses being exchanged.

I now needed to do something I had imagined since our first date. Something I should have done years before.

I sat up and pulled on her hands.

She sat up with me.

I recalled every word, but made them my own.

"Jodie. I love you. With all of my heart. Now I need to tell you all about how I got to know you."

She smiled and said nothing.

I looked into her eyes. Those beautiful, blue eyes.

"When I looked up, all I could see were your eyes. Your beautiful blue eyes."

I kissed her eyelids, which she closed as I touched them with my lips.

"I fell in love with you at that moment. You were never just eye candy. I just couldn't let you know. I had made a fool of myself too often. No more."

I pushed her back onto the bed and sat astride her.

I leaned down and kissed her.

"We are more than just the parts that make us. We are complete. I know that now."

I slid down her body, kissing each of her nipples, taking them into my mouth and sucking, gently biting.

"Our years together have been beautiful. I should have told you that. I am telling you that now."

She pushed herself up onto her elbows. I felt the movement and I looked back up at her, a questioning look on my face.

"Stop. You don't have to prove anything to me. Everything that needed to be said was said wordlessly when you walked into the salon today. Want to know something really important?"

I stopped and realised I might be trying too hard. "Yes, of course. If it's important I need to know."

"I know you love me. That is the most precious thing in the world. Hug me. Love me."

I slid back up and held her.