Flapper Dick Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
237 Followers

Which is sort of close to the wall for this factory. Whatever they make here calls for an oversized factory, at least compared to the lot. Usually there is more space on the sides of the factories, at least I think there is. Luckily there is nothing to see here, simply the high windows and no boxes so no way to get in through those windows, that probably don't open.

Get to the back of the factory and there is something back here. Besides the kid there is another person, and they are not moving so offed. Go over to the fella laying there and been shot, though it is a little odd. There's no spray of blood in the snow littering the ground. I know there should be at least some blood spatter.

Not that I can look at this right now, need to get Brian and get this called in. Pull out the whistle and go to the side of the factory then blow. Wince too cause that is a loud whistle, and then it is again since I want to make sure he comes. After a little while there he is, he came running though does slow down when I wave at him, which is not what I wanted.

Finally gets over to us so I poke at him as he goes and looks at the body. He pokes me back then so I am poking harder. Then he grabs my nose so I stop poking.

"Two whistles is an emergency call. Usually when there is a fight or being shot at." Toss my hands since he didn't share that.

"You didn't tell me that, I am a dick not a bull. Also need this called in, get a detective here because he was not shot here."

"I will call in and ask, I mean you are a dick so we got a detective already. Mostly we just need a patrol with the camera and to get the coroner."

"I would rather go home and back to bed." Brian snorts and pokes me.

"Most patrol are younger than you are so you wouldn't mind nookie with one." Toss my hands and poke back.

"If you must know I had nookie yesterday, today I just want to get sleep."

Brian snorts and takes off at a trot to get to a phone. He will either go next factory over or back across the street. Look around better since we are stuck here for a while, at least I am not cold anyway. My legs are a little chilled but just walking around some works good on that. Do find that the back wall is rather tall, as in to cut down on the noise and there is not a factory over there.

Does make it hard to lift an offed fella over the wall so this fella was dropped here from somewhere. Do wonder what they make in this factory, but then it doesn't seem to matter, closed for the weekend and locked doors means no security fellas to question.

"Do you think I will get in trouble for that statue?" Look over at the fella and shake my head.

"As far as pranks go you did a proper one. Nobody hurt and doesn't hurt the factory much, scrap is only melted down and redone after they get so much."

"Why have you only gotten an hour sleep?" Sigh and look up for a moment.

"I only got an hour of sleep because we were out until almost five. I am singing waitress, though there are four of us honest. Dick is more a fun thing to do in our off time."

"I probably will see you being a waitress next year. Dad said no speakeasies until I am out of school and have a job."

"Proper stance on it. Suppose means you haven't had any nookie either." Fella turns red and shakes his head.

"Have, honest it was her idea." Snort and wave my hand.

"I didn't think otherwise, last time I spent time with a bull I found out high school is no nookie just a lot of petting. Sort of glad I missed high school, I wasn't ready for anything until seventeen."

"Skirts get it easy, high school isn't easy." Snort and shake my head.

"Parents died when I was fourteen, at the time I was old enough to stay in the house so I had to find a job. I was a clerk in a store first, then moved to be a clerk for a tailor and got trained in that. Lucky he died on me, I don't really enjoy doing tailor work. So I make better fitting jackets for detectives and made men. Not to mention designing new things to wear, so separate skirt and a store is opening tomorrow." His jaw dropped and just stares for a short while before shaking his head.

"So you do tailor stuff, and dick, along with being a waitress?" I am nodding and grin at his expression.

"You forgot knocked up. I don't do all of that every day either, honest we are not getting many cases for dick. I get a bull or made man wanting a jacket about once a week, mostly due to charging an ace for the jacket, it's a simple matter of making one side a little longer to allow for pistol."

"How long does it take to make a jacket?"

"About two hours after I measure the fella. Have a sewing machine."

"So how is there enough skirts and things for a store to be opening tomorrow?"

"There are seamstresses, they are doing up skirts, shirts, and jackets. All I did was come up with the design."

"Jackets?" I am nodding and grin at his expression.

"Yes jackets, clerks in Penney were a little excited at that part, could wear a jacket and name tag instead of the vest. I did make a vest too, it works like a bustier but isn't until it is buttoned. Before you ask the regular jacket isn't a fella jacket, though sits the same."

He opens his mouth and would ask except there is a jalopy coming. Turn to look and there is a bull jalopy coming, Brian is sitting inside. Then notice there are tire tracks so put my hand up. Bull does stop coming at least and gets out so point over there. Takes a moment then he notices the tire tracks, says someone dropped the fella here.

Camera comes out of the trunk and is pulled out of the housing. Not very far so I am wondering a little, then he takes a picture and changing of plates. Old plate ends up in a different section of the bag he got out with the camera. Now the camera is pulled all the way out so he is taking a close up picture.

Second picture taken, and that plate joining the first in the bag he comes for me. Brian comes to so this is not bad except there is no detective so I better ask on this.

"So no detective?" Both are shaking their heads.

"When I explained what we had so far and then have a prank fella helping they decided you can handle this and I will search with him."

"I want to make one of you call up the reporters to come out here so I can talk to them and complain about there needs to be more bulls. Problem is I'm half sure the Mayor will tell the District Attorney to pay me more." Both bulls are nodding.

"Likely would, but we have a bunch of fresh bulls coming. Two hundred in academy right now, fifty more detectives will be named as soon as those are on the street. We are adding more it just takes time." Toss my hands and go poke that bull, then Brian for not sharing that.

"You should have told me that sooner." Brian snorts and grins.

"We are not announcing until they are graduating and become police officers."

"Probably be better to have gotten three hundred, so hundred more to each side."

"We couldn't fit more at academy, need to make a bigger one or a second." Brian is nodding.

"Alternately make academy position their only role within the police. The teachers are all police too, so training takes them off the streets." Frown now since that is rather wrong.

"I hope they are all old sorts." Both bulls are shaking their heads.

"Most are not, some are since they know some things better. Word is the next upgrade is on the cameras, so we have the newer cameras with a roll of film like folk are using." I am nodding, that is a good one.

"That is a good one so I will shush on better things, go take pictures I haven't checked pockets."

Both bulls are nodding and then split up. Brian goes to the prank fella and they are leaving, the other bull is taking pictures. He takes three in all then waves me over so go and crouch down to check pockets. Amazingly enough I find a wallet, with dough inside and a driver license. Bull has to fumble around some but gets out a notepad and writes down the name and address.

"South side address, do you suppose the fella works here?" Frown and look up at the factory.

"I don't know and we can't be asking until tomorrow. Course also wondering what he did to be dropped here and offed first. This isn't something Capone does, they are not taking collection money, and this is more along the lines of making a statement."

"Not really, back of the factory in winter. Nobody would have found him until summer except for the part where there is a search for lost fellas from Halloween."

"As in he was dropped here so the killer could cover their tracks and perhaps come back to move to the river or something?"

"Very likely yes. I'd suggest going to the address on the license except you are a dick and a bull has to be doing that part." Nod and then frown since that is rather odd.

"Why can't a dick be going to the address?"

"Police matter, we have the body in our custody so anything else has to be done by police. You are police in all but title but way the regulations are done."

"Sort of wrong, but then again I got appointed to help the courts have good cases. Suppose I shouldn't be doing this, and yet here I am." Bull is nodding and shrugs.

"This is along the line of we know we don't have enough so drastic measures to fill in the gap until it is filled."

"So we will get less action as soon as those fellas graduate?"

"Maybe, you both have proven to be good at this. Course I think mostly we will simply let you handle the poorly done cases for the courts and then whatever cases you can find."

"So we should be opening up an office?"

"Far as I know you are a waitress so only if you want to have more cases. I am curious on one thing, you are shaved down there?" Sigh and turn red because that is embarrassing, and why didn't Brian ask.

"I am yes, it's rather nice feeling. Perhaps all in my head but nookie is better feeling now than not shaved. I shaved the first time because Fred said either I shave in the shower or he will sample our nanny."

"Sort of underhanded." Shake my head and wink.

"Neither one of us can get that goofy. I shaved since he wanted me to and it's not like there is a law that says I can't."

"Not even part of the teachings."

"Before you ask I shaved after he knocked me up. If you manage to find a skirt willing to get manacles fitted do nookie in all sorts of positions, I haven't been before since I needed to be his horse." Bull has a blank face for a moment then snorts.

"On your hands and knees?" I am nodding then put my hand up.

"I know more like a dog but I don't want to be called a dog." Bull snorts and shakes his head.

"I wasn't going to say that, though the thought did enter on it being more of a dog position. I am familiar with dog face, it was passed around some in school."

"It is getting popular, I have heard it before but only twice and not me."

"Definitely not, you are a looker and I wouldn't mind asking if nookie is possible." Look him over and he does look good, but then I had a good nookie shower yesterday.

"I had a good seeing to yesterday. Means likely no nookie today unless we come across something vile."

Bull tosses his hands and calls me a tease, then we are talking about a radio drama. There is a really good one during the day, so us skirts have something good. The advertisements are rather amusing since they have breaks brought to you by a laundry detergent. It is a good detergent though not as good as the advertisement says.

End up talking more on the advertisements than the radio show. Mostly that is because the radio show is quite good, Audrey has fallen in love with it. Fred even listens instead of reading his book. We tease him on it but it is a really well done radio drama show. The bull knows it because they air it again later in the evening, when Fred and I are not there so we don't listen.

As it turns out good that we don't, they use a shellac disk recording for that and it isn't as good. There is some sounds lost which they apologize over but not going to make their artists do it twice. Too easy to have one version better than the other, which is rather funny. I think it's so the artists can do other shows.

Gets the bull chuckling but as it turns out the artists are used again right after the shellac airing. This time it is more of a funny radio show. This is because it is a Keystone Kops show, though not that since the station doesn't have the license for it. Instead it is poking fun of Chicago police, and also not since it has spots of serious in there.

Coroner shows up finally, except it's not the coroner, it's just two orderlies. What they say on the matter. All they are for is to load up bodies in their van and take to the morgue. I sort of knew that since they don't do autopsies right there and those seem important. The important part is simply no more body so we can leave, after finding Brian since he rode with me.

Sort of luckily he will drive my breezer, I only agree to that because it is warmer in a jalopy. I am still worried about getting sick. Brian mentions that part too, though it was more on how it is easier for older skirts to get sick. After the bull with me pulled me away from Brian, so I stop kicking him, we get on the way to the address.

"Are you sure you don't want nookie?" Sigh and roll my eyes then giggle since he is looking longingly at me in glances.

"You just want to see me shaved there."

"A little, mostly I would like nookie, it's hard to get to a speakeasy and get nookie."

"I disagree but then again fellas have looked me up to share on new speakeasies since twenty two. I guess giving out nookie often had that benefit."

"Also a doll, according to what I have heard around the station bedding you leads to more nookie."

"I wouldn't know on that, I do know that nookie happens after I have some in the speakeasy."

Bull snorts but doesn't say anything more so we just go on to the address. It's rather close to the factory so perhaps he does work there. It seems like many have a house or apartment close to their work. Mostly because we are not Detroit, everybody has a jalopy there, here it is more along the lines of can afford it.

Many can but also don't simply because they are close enough to the train stops. There is always a grocery near a stop, which stop varies some but basically. Means getting on the trains gets you to a grocery and then also to the big buildings. Means a number of those working in those buildings simply take the trains, along with anyone living near to them.

The right house looks good on the outside, along with the others on the street. The street before we came along to get to here however didn't look that good. Sort of odd when you think about it, this close to the factories means everyone here should be making enough. Then we are getting out of the jalopy and I am working on getting my gloves in my pocket.

"I'm unsure on that last street, everybody around here has to be doing alright." Look over at the bull and nod.

"I had the same thought. We will ask the neighbors or this house if there is anyone there."

Bull nods and leads the way up to the door and knocks. I pull out my license so there isn't any doubt on what we are doing there. At least hopefully anyway, then the door is opening with a skirt standing there. She sees us and sighs then crumples, luckily the bull dashed and grabbed her up so follow him into the house.

We get her put on the sofa and I go through the house. Two bedroom house and just her in here, which means the fella was her husband. At least until I get back to the sofa and look at her, no manacles so that is rather curious. Frown and go check, the second bedroom is set up for someone to live in, as in this is his sister or otherwise staying with and not for nookie.

"What are you thinking?" Sigh and shake my head.

"Both bedrooms are set up to live in so likely this is his sister. Possible he was a three letter man and she didn't mind moving in to keep up appearances but I doubt that."

"So we got a gang set up on that street one over?" Nod and shrug since possible but need to be asking her.

"Possible, but need to be asking her, and then here is an odd place for one. I mean these houses are filled with those working in the factories."

"They tend to have a wife and kids too, the kids perhaps would set up or join a gang."

"Has there been a report of that?" Bull is shaking his head.

"No, which is curious, usually we get a report on gangs by the time they are taking over a street."

She is stirring again so I am crouched down next to her. After a bit her eyes open and she just looks at the ceiling for a short time then turns to look at me. She frowns and then there are tears.

"You found my brother." She has a rather strong Irish accent so brother is more of brudder.

"What we are thinking. Know this isn't a good time for the question but do you know where he went?"

"He said he was going to go to a speakeasy, I had a date."

"Does he have a jalopy?"

"Used to apparently." Frown and look at the bull, he shakes his head.

"We can't be calling in and asking after the license plate for his jalopy until tomorrow." Frown myself though there is one thing we can ask, no make that two things.

"Do you remember the license plate on the jalopy?" She puckers up her face for a bit then shakes her head.

"Don't remember, not really something you look at." I am nodding since it isn't unless you go around the jalopy to get in the driver side.

"I would ask what he had but without the license plate it doesn't matter. So we want to know on the next street over that way, it doesn't look good." She is nodding.

"Got a gang, they claim to work for Capone so we are not really wanting to be phoning bulls." Snort and shake my head.

"Capone doesn't do gang things, I'm going to assume they have no idea this gang is here." Bull is frowning now.

"I'm unsure on that, it is possible they do know and not bothering to remove since accepting dough to ignore."

"I can call them up and ask if you want. The thing is if I do that and they are unaware they likely will send a number of fellas over with typewriters. They like having a tailor doing better fitting jackets for them."

"You are not police?" Shake my head and hand my wallet to her.

"Licensed dick. Also court appointed now, though that is supposed to be looking into the cases brought to the courts where they want a better investigation. Since the bulls are understaffed that has turned into helping them since we are government employed."

"So I could do that?" I'm a little lost so look at the bull and he is grinning.

"Would have to ask the courts. A dick license you have to get at the courthouse, along with driver license so you could go in on Monday and get those two, along with ask." Both are looking at me so put my hands up.

"No idea if they will hire on more, there are two of us and we each get an Abe Cabe. Been called in to do a better investigation once then the bulls have been making us do their job twice now."

"That's not really enough." I am nodding since it isn't.

"I am also a waitress and he is a bimbo in the same speakeasy. Unless you want to do that and sleep half the day you would want an office and take on other cases for people. I will mention that being a waitress pays better." Bull is nodding then puts his hand up.

"Alternately find a fella and put manacles on him."

"She hasn't." Put up my hands fast since there is one thing.

"I am knocked up and living with him. Neither one of us is eager for manacles, folks died when I was fourteen and he went to the war. Also not really making enough for me to be a housewife, so I am still a waitress, along with part time tailor and then court appointed. We have a nanny I am training to be a tailor and paying an Abe Cabe a month. She makes more as a seamstress for a store opening tomorrow." She is frowning now.

emap
emap
237 Followers