Flapper Dick Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"He never looks happy when we come in."

"Do you have a jalopy?" Pinch fella is frowning for a short bit then shakes his head.

"Do not have a car so far. Holding on to the money, have a building for our restaurant, the bus runs right to it and is just off our street." I am nodding since that is rather good.

"So you have a building down in the middle?"

"Yes, there are apartment buildings around it and the buses run right by. There is even a parking lot."

"I see, you are waiting to get the business opened and make sure you can afford the jalopy." Plenty of nodding, Sergeant is doing it with him.

"Rumor has it you are trusted by Capone, do you think you can get them a gentle loan?" I am nodding though there is a problem with that.

"I can, the problem is he would want to have partnership in your restaurant. As in he would take some of your dough." Pinch fella is frowning, then talks to the older fella.

Their conversation takes a while, with all of them taking part. Until finally there is some nodding. More is said to the pinch fella who nods some then turns to me.

"Five percent partnership for a jalopy, ten percent if he can get the work done faster." I am giggling since that is pretty darn good thinking.

"He may demand more, but I will call and ask."

Pinch fella is nodding so I am going around the counter to the desks. Pinch is getting bracelets off. I get to sit at the desk the proper way since the skirt sitting there had gotten up so I am smiling at her. Not in the suit yet, they are still in the process of making enough. The bulls asked for more than we figured.

Two thousand is above what they have hired for the station, but according to Kelly they told her that many for a stockpile. Just in case skirts lose the uniforms fast due to arrested fellas. Has us both thinking there will be less fellas in the station soon, as in the older sergeants and then the skirts. Likely means the raid fellas will have more to do, which is a good thing.

"Hi, this is Betty, I need to talk to Mr. Capone, Mr. Nitto would be close enough if one is not there." There is a snort over the phone.

"Our lobby is rather full at the moment so patience I need to yell loud and wait."

"Sitting Jake with me, so long as you get one." The fella is chuckling then puts his hand over the talk cone and I do hear him yelling.

"Betty this better be good, I was going to go home."

"Depends on your definition of good. I am up at north station with an Italian family. They were arrested due to the clerk at the grocery they live near being against Italians, likely everything else besides white. They just immigrated recently and are opening an Italian restaurant. Due to this they don't own a jalopy and the bulls up here would feel better if they have one to shop elsewhere. So they figured I would ask you."

"So just a jalopy?"

"I mentioned how you would want a percentage of restaurant. They figure on five percent for a jalopy, ten percent if you can get the work done faster." There is another snort over the phone.

"I would have been happy to have some free meals for the jalopy, but the percentage isn't bad. I think I know the restaurant you mean, it has come to our attention. We are mostly Italian so we would love to have a restaurant making our food."

"About the faster preparation of the building?"

"Oh right, I am unsure on that. We can go and talk to the crew they hired and see if it is possible. Tell them I will try on faster, the jalopy can be at their future restaurant today if you can get them there. I think I will hardline at five percent, and no free meals unless I am there alone."

"When do you go anywhere alone?"

"I had forgot about that. Still tell them that and then best make sure I know the right place. The one I know about is going to open three miles down the road from Penney." All of the Italians are over at the desk now, with Sergeant.

"Mr. Capone has said five percent only and will work on having the building ready faster. He also has asked me to make sure he knows the right place, so your restaurant will go up three miles down the road from Penney?" Pinch fella is nodding so I go back to the phone. "You know the right place. They will get a lift from a bull so if you get the jalopy driven fast they won't wait long." Mr. Capone is chuckling.

"I will send a couple fellas to buy a new jalopy. Suppose I should go over to the restaurant and talk to them, make sure they have everything they need ordered." I am nodding since that is a good idea.

"Definitely do that. Do hope you know Italian better than some swear words." I'm pretty sure Capone is cursing me in Italian.

"I know Italian, my folks are from Salerno. Send them off, I am going to get on the way and do assure on this being a friendly visit. I miss having good Italian, my wife bless her heart isn't so isn't good at it. Which is not to say she doesn't feed me good just in case you talk to her." I am giggling and say goodbye to Capone.

"Mr. Capone has said to get you to your restaurant, he will get a jalopy for you there as soon as the fellas buy a new one and get it there. He is also going to your restaurant, to make sure you have everything you need ordered. Just a friendly visit, he is Italian and married a white skirt. She doesn't make good Italian." Pinch fella and Sergeant are chuckling.

"I was told the same thing, but then I find the food here is rather good." I am nodding then wink and share an address.

"That is for the best barbecue in Chicago. They serve colored and white so you and your family will fit right in. It is south side so cheaper, we give you more for the dough." Sergeant has rolled his eyes.

"I do not understand this south side and north side thing."

"The river near to your restaurant is the marker for north side and south side. After that it is more a joke. North side thinks south side is poor and we all worship the White Socks. North side is looked at as being wealthy, everything costs more and they worship the Cubs. I have been to a White Socks game, and while interesting it's not something I can watch on a regular basis." Sergeant is nodding.

"Besides it being the wrong team I find baseball to be rather boring. It isn't bad three sheets to the wind, but no hooch to be bought there."

"Buy better medicinal, you are a north side moneybags so you shouldn't be buying the rotgut." Patrol is chuckling and shakes his head.

"That is south side and north side, it's just a joke. Most of the time nobody cares where you live. Unless they are getting there by bus and the buses only run two miles away closest. Also would like to get you to your restaurant, do need to get back on patrol."

Sergeant sees them off with the patrol then comes back and sits in the visitor chair that is sitting in front of this desk. Wondering why it is there, then the skirt is sitting on her desk, both are looking at me.

"Good save on that with the whistle so I am thankful you are here. Also we do hire Italian if one wants to when we are hiring. All that aside, what are you doing here?" Sergeant asks getting the skirt to giggle and nod.

"I half figure you were the snitch on that doodle crew so I want to yell about there being an article on. Mostly I am here because we mapped out their attacks and the lines connect on an apartment building. So I want to go look over the apartment building and need fellas." Sergeant is shaking his head, then nods and grins.

"Good thinking, I don't know if that has been noticed yet. South side was their first attack so it was handed to them. Give me the address you got so I can call up south side and alert them, you can go collect some fellas." Skirt puts her hand up getting me to giggle.

"I don't think they will let me take you." She is frowning and looks at Sergeant so I look with her and he is shaking his head.

"Sorry lass, we need you skirts here. The fellas are going to smaller in number soon." I am nodding since we had figured.

"Got that feeling with the number of uniforms ordered. About a hundred and twenty parts of the suits are made each day. The seamstresses all do one then most switch to making the clothes we sell." Skirt is nodding.

"Hollywood is ordering bunches so they can figure out which colors look the best for each star. Probably having to replace plenty too, the shorts and shirt are really good, don't really need a robe going around home in those." Sergeant is staring at her with me.

"I think maybe you can go along with me if you promise to let him look at you in that." She is giggling merrily, Sergeant has turned red.

"I am married and she won't go buy any of those wedding night things." I am nodding.

"Older skirts don't always keep wanting to do nookie." Sergeant is nodding.

"Not often but she helps me out." Snort since I think I know, though there is one thing.

"If she wants but can't, you can try going in the backside. I was told it is quite nice for the skirt so she would enjoy and you would. I'm unsure on going for that and Fred is happy enough with me sucking him some." Sergeant snorts and looks up, then shrugs.

"Can ask, she hasn't explained why just said she doesn't want to as often." I am nodding then wink.

"If she is willing to find out about it just take her to the big hospital. The nurses all know about it so she wouldn't have to learn how from a fella." Skirt snorts then frowns.

"One question, why were you told about backside?" Sergeant snorts with me.

"I have a little girl, been out of hospital for three weeks now. Before you ask it is wonderful, and tiring because she doesn't sleep for long times. She will sleep through the night any day now and I am hoping for that." Skirt is giggling and nods.

"I am the second oldest of seven, most of us know what a new baby means."

I am giggling and get ushered off to the raid fellas, after handing over my notebook to be copied fast. On to the raid fellas and step in to find them placing bets and arm wrestling. Giggling plenty at the exchange I go over to where they are. All of them stop and look at me so shake my head and wave at their table.

So they go back to the arm wrestling and after some more taunting back and forth they get down to it. It is a really good struggle, I mean we stand there watching them straining back and forth for at least five minutes. Finally though one gets the others hand to touch the table and we have a winner, so he is cheering with about half of the fellas.

"What brings you over?" Snort and hold up my notebook.

"Assuming you all read the newspapers this morning you saw the article on the doodle crew. I am unhappy with the reporters having the article. Also plotted the capers pulled on the map at our office. Gave us a pricey apartment building. I can see a fella or fellas living there pulling capers to stay in the apartments, grocery and chemist on the same street." All of the fellas whistle now.

"Making me want to have an apartment there. You said check it out so this isn't a raid?" Shake my head.

"Not a raid so not all of you, and I would like to get driven there in a jalopy. Breezer isn't precisely dry to drive in the rain."

Fellas are all chuckling and some nods, then they are talking on who goes with me. I just let them do that and it takes a while. All of them want to, not a one mentions how he will get nookie with me so that is a nice change. Not sure if that is because I have commented on it before so the sergeants stopped, or just that these fellas are not young patrol so don't get told it anyway.

Takes a while but finally I get seven guys, not all the newest to raid team. Not all of them the old hands at it either, they gave me a nice combination, though oddly they are all around my age. Shotguns are handed out to my fellas, what they are saying, and then we march out the back door and get to jalopies.

Little jealous of the bulls on this part, they have rain gear, a leather hat with a sort of cowling to keep rain out of the opening at the neck. To go with there is a rain poncho so they are better protected from rain than I am. Course my legs have better coverage, their poncho only goes to the waist and only in front and back, so they can get at revolver along with bracelets.

Drive takes a while, and not because we had to figure out where we were going. It is a longish drive and then not driving all that fast because of the rain. Apparently it is only driving fast in the big buildings which is where there is not enough parking. Reaching the address we have to get creative on parking.

I am unsure on it being fine to cover the alley with our jalopies but the fellas are assuring on it being fine. Granted they are patrol jalopies so got the lights on them, but still. As we are walking along to the big apartment building I notice one thing so step into the chemist, he sells umbrellas. Chemist fella is watching me go over to the umbrellas with seven bulls following along with a grin.

Pick out a good one then over to the register and figure why not ask. I mean he would be visited by every person in that apartment building.

"Doing a search of sorts of the apartment building. Hopefully you read the newspaper this morning and know about the robbery crew. Apartment building is along the line of the capers pulled on the map so why not check. Since you are right here and know all of them in passing, do you know of any that has lost their work recently?" Fella is frowning and looks up then shakes his head.

"Don't get talked to about that. Do know sometimes there is difficulty with having enough dough though everybody has that problem now and then." I think we are all nodding.

"Suppose we will go look over the apartments then, feeling lucky. I had figured on buying an umbrella later."

Leave the chemist fella chuckling, full on laughing when I open up the umbrella. All of the fellas are trying to get under it with me. Move on to the apartment building and then inside to have plenty of sucked in breaths. The sitting area has plenty sitting there looking outside. The door is glass and then windows in the wall to.

Not that I blame anyone, have seven bulls come in with a skirt and all have a shotgun is rather nerve wracking inducing. Glare at the fellas so the shotguns go down and only held in one hand so over to the folk sitting down here.

"Hi there, I am a court appointed and doing a raid of sorts. This apartment building is in the lines between capers pulled by a crew that we haven't caught yet. Before anyone asks I am doing this because I get to look over the police reports, which includes those of crimes committed without a pinch. They all have shotguns because they are the same fellas who do the raids and they like to carry shotguns." The folk sitting down here are chuckling and giggling, the fellas behind me are denying that.

"What sort of raid is this then?" One of the fellas asks, younger fella so he would be at school if it wasn't the summer break.

"Making me want to say it is a truancy raid, I always had to go to school in the rain." More chuckling and giggling then put my hand up. "Due to the lines between the capers crossing at this building we are here to see if we can find the crew. Anything else illegal wouldn't be unwanted to hear about." Some fidgeting now so I think there is something they don't want to share.

"See skirts going upstairs with a fella some, which is fine except the fella leaves without the skirt." One of the skirts says finally, an older skirt so she likely sits down here often waiting on her husband.

"We are not sure if it is anything wrong but one of the fellas doing that talked nice to me and then stopped when I said I live here." A younger skirt says, which suggests the fellas grab skirts to sell, but then also may not all in one.

"Not saying good things about that apartment, but then it could be something that is just sordid like couples enjoying others and not wanting anyone to know. Is that the only apartment that sits wrong?" All of them are nodding so that is perhaps alright.

"We will go knock on the door of this apartment if you know which one." One of the fellas says getting some nods and we are told apartment eighteen.

Even get told how to get to it, big building so there are extra hallways on the floors. So up the stairs with us. Apartment eighteen the door is shut, which isn't precisely wrong, though most of the rest have open doors and a skirt inside cleaning or making pie. Lovely assortment of smells come out of the open doors anyway.

Making me a little hungry, though the apartment we are going to the door is shut and no smells. The fellas all look at me so roll my eyes and go to knock on the door. Don't though, my arm was grabbed first then pulled to the side. So I knock standing mostly to the side of the door. As it turns out for no real reason, no shooting just a voice saying to hold our horses.

After a little while a different door is shut from inside the apartment. We are all trading glances for that one then the front door is opening to a fella looking like he just got up, or was in the middle of enjoying a skirt. Suppose the idea of that one sits wrong with me since I flash my license and shove my way into the apartment.

"We came to this building looking to find a robbery crew or at least some of them. Got told you are all sordid in this apartment and most of those downstairs think you are grabbing skirts to sell." The fella opens his mouth then the raid fellas come in pulling a gulp out of him.

"Apologies but then she is a private dick, most of our restrictions don't apply to her. Do believe we will search your place now, if you refuse we can call in and get a warrant written. She is the court appointed dick after all, judges love to write warrants for her." I snort and would giggle except two of them glare at me.

"So if I refuse you come back later?"

"No, if you refuse we use your phone to call up a judge and explain to him, then sit in here with you until the warrant arrives." There is another one that I remember from reading the rental agreement when I got my apartment.

"Alternately one of them will walk down to the managers office and ask him for permission to search this apartment. Managers can sanction a search of one of the apartments they are overseeing. Unless that is only a south side thing." The fellas are grinning and shake their heads.

"Not just a south side thing, most of the apartment buildings have the same thing in their lease. Normally it is only used to get in to fix a toilet and such, but they can allow police to search an apartment." Fella slumps and waves his hand so I am going over to a door and open that.

Inside I have a bedroom and it is a large one. So on inside with me and one of the raid fellas. We go through the room, closet is opened and gone through. Find a stockpile of drugs in here so the raid fella is checking that and says heroin. He says that loud so there is a groan and bracelets getting fitted.

Exiting this room I find most of the raid fellas stayed here. Little odd but then if he is holding skirts to sell and keeping them compliant with heroin they won't like seeing a fella. So across the sitting room to open the door not tucked close to the corner. This door opens into a rather large bedroom and there is a skirt in here, mostly passed out I think.

"Got a skirt in there, she seems to be high on that heroin stuff so we need an ambulance."

One of the fellas nods and heads for the telephone, another goes and stands outside at the door. I don't get why for a moment and then realize, we have a crime scene. Fella that lives here is on the sofa and not talking, all he will say is he wants a lawyer. Also gets me to think of one thing, he didn't expect to see bulls and came to the door, so likely he is expecting a fella with a new skirt.