Flashover Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No problem. Anything else I can do for you?"

Stan smiled. "No. That'll be plenty, thanks."

Sean gave the man a nod and then continued on his way. This was the first time someone had stopped him on his walk to bring a problem to his attention. He was starting to wonder if he was wasting his time, but if he prevented even one accident, then his weekly walks would be worth it. His shirt was just starting to stick to his back when he stepped back into the station, sighing in relief as the coolness washed over him. They were approaching the hottest part of the year. If he could survive another few weeks it should start cooling off.

Terri buzzed him into the station and he smiled to himself that she was wearing a sweater again. He didn't consider seventy-two degrees chilly, but she obviously did. "Terri, make a note in the duty logs that I want to increase the patrols downtown, paying special attention to pedestrian safety. Someone was nearly run down in a crosswalk a few days ago."

"I'll put the word out."

"Thanks. Have a unit park near Earth & Fire today, the corner of Main and Greer, and watch the intersection there for a little while. I want Stan Lifsey to know I took his concerns seriously so he can spread the word."

"You got it. Anything else?"

"No, that's it."

He heard her asking for an available unit as he stepped out of the office. He stopped in the conference room and unpacked another laptop. He was going to start setting the machine up, letting it grind away on the Microsoft Office365 install and email download while he entered the first of Brunswick's police officers, Patrick Ambly, into PISTOL.

He'd scanned all the documents in Ambly's file, but was still pounding away, entering the information, when Will stopped in his door, rapping softly to get his attention. "Sean?"

Sean looked up and waved Will into his office. "What can I help you with?"

"I've got a live one," Donner said, taking a step into the office. "I picked up this guy, he calls himself Clicks, at the Sheetz. He swears he doesn't know anything about the fires, but you can tell he's hiding something."

"He's in interrogation?"

"Yeah."

"Well, let's go see what Mr. Clicks has to say," Sean said as he rose from behind his desk.