Fledgling Demigod Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She looked up at him with fresh tears. "Thank you," she said as she took the items. Galen's heart lurched at losing the spell to take him home, but, in the end, it was the right thing to do. She pulled the cowl back from her head and gave him a tentative smile. "Miranda," she said. "Miranda of Spellthorn. His name was Beyron."

Miranda was quite beautiful. She had a head full of dark brown hair, sharp features, and piercing brown eyes. Galen was taken aback by her beauty for only a moment. Collecting himself, he said, "My condolences, Miranda. I didn't know him, but knowing he was willing to risk his life to save his world says he was honorable."

She stiffened suddenly. "Honor has killed many a fool, Galen Ford," she said hotly, turning away from him.

He placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "But it has redeemed so many more."

"Tsk," she said but didn't say more on the subject. "Well, I suppose you'll want to know about this world if you are tasked to save it."

"That would be helpful indeed," he said, smiling.

"Come along, then, before it gets dark," she said, starting off the way she had come from. "Our castle isn't far."

"Castle?" he asked. "Like a real medieval castle?"

"I don't know what a medieval castle is," she answered over her shoulder. "But you'll find ours to be quite accommodating. Now, are you coming or not?"

Galen jumped in place. "Yeah," he said. "I'm right behind you."

12