Fledgling Demigod Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"At the very least, a couple of days," she replied. "Why?"

"Because if you don't need rest before tonight I want you scouting from the air," he said.

"Truly?" she asked, sounding excited once more.

"Yes," he said without turning around as they walked.

"What should I look for?" she asked.

"Any trails that retreating stragglers might use to escape," he said. "Also, be on the lookout for potential hiding spots that someone would use to lay low until they can get away at a later time." He suddenly stopped and turned around to look at her. He saw the track lines of her earlier tears but ignored them. He had a sinister smile on his face. "In fact, I have a better idea," he said and the utter menacing look on his face made the dragon woman's heartbeat speed up in anticipation. If Priscilla could mount him right then and there she would have. "A couple hours or so after the sun sets on the horizon I want you to destroy their supply tents and wagons, then their horses."

"Their horses?" Lucinda asked, gasping.

"Yes," he said. "War is hell, my love. I don't want them escaping."

"Surely we could steal their horses, though, husband?" she asked.

"If you think you can do it without getting caught, by all means," he said. "But if not, they die, too. I don't want you risking your life unnecessarily, though. If you can't do it, don't."

"Yes, my lord," she said, lowing her eyes. "Those poor beasts, though. They didn't ask for this."

"Maybe not," he said. "But given the chance under a rider they'll stomp you into paste without a second thought. They're warhorses, aren't they?"

"Yes," she said and sighed.

Nodding, he turned back around and continued walking. "Why not right at sunset?" Priscilla asked from behind him.

"To make them think it was all a bluff," he answered. "When they realize I'm not coming, they'll relax and that's when I'll strike."

~ ~ ~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~ ~ ~

Galen slept while the others worked. At some point, Lucinda joined him in slumber. Galen woke up to the warmth of bare flesh against his body. Running a hand along the curve of her hip he smiled when she moaned sleepily. His hand trailed along the firmness of her ass before slowly exploring the cleft between her legs. She was hot and moist and he couldn't resist gently rolling her over and spreading her legs. She moaned again as he lay atop her and kissed her softly. His cock spread her womanhood and glided effortlessly inside to the hilt. She arched her back as her mouth opened wide and she croaked out a loud moan. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked up at him. "Good morning, beautiful," he said with a grin.

"Gods, Galen, if you wake me up like this every morning I'll find a way to swallow your cock every night," she said and started panting as she gripped the muscles of his back.

"I think I can make that happen," he said as he started sliding in and out of her slowly.

They made love slowly, passionately, and Galen relished the feel of her hot, wet, pussy. They both cried out in bliss moments later as they climaxed and when it was over, Galen held his wife in his arms. "I'm worried for you tonight," she said.

"Devi will take care of me," he said. "And I'll have the Drakken with me. I'll come back to you."

"I know," she said. "But it's more than that. I saw what killing those men in the clearing did to you. I saw what killing those in the castle did to you. I don't want to see you crumble in on yourself with the weight of your conscience."

"Yeah," he replied as he kissed her softly. "There is that."

"Can Devi do anything about that?" she asked.

"I think so," he replied. "She helped me after I dove off of the top of the castle."

"She did?" she asked. "How?"

"Not sure," he answered uncertainly. "She just touched me and made most of the pain go away. There is still an ache in my heart that I think needs to be addressed but for now it feels like she just dulled the pain."

"Like you're detached from reality?" she asked.

He looked at her with concern. "Yes, and no," he replied. "It's more like an anesthetic surgeons use to get rid of pain before operating on someone."

"I'm not familiar with those terms," she replied. He explained the best he know how and she nodded. "So, it's like a spell a mage might use to ease the pain of dying."

"I guess," he said. "I've never..." he trailed off before remembering what Rodrick did to Jasper. "Yes," he said. "Just like that."

They lay silent for a time just enjoying the closeness of each other. Finally, when the sun was about an hour before setting, he reluctantly released her and got out of bed. He started getting dressed and fumbled with his pants. "I wasn't able to find a way to steal the horses today," she said as she got dressed.

He looked up at her sadly. "Maybe the confusion of Priscilla destroying the supply tents and wagons will give you some opportunity to get those that you can," he offered.

"Maybe," she said. "But I thought you didn't want me to participate in the battle?"

"I don't," he said as he approached and took her hand in his. "But I know how important this is to you. If you can save some, save them. Just be careful." He kissed her. "I love you and if I lost you as well, I don't think even Devi's magic would keep me from going insane."

"I will," she said. "And I love you."

They finished getting dressed and walked to the castle courtyard where Priscilla in dragon form was waiting for them. She was massive and at first, Galen gaped at how big she was. She looked like the nordic dragons from folklore back home, with large, bat-like wings with almost hand-like fingers on the tips. She was varying shades of purple throughout her body, with the darker colors on her face, underside of her neck, and her belly. She had a long neck with a wide head. She had two massive horns the size of lances sticking out of her head and sweeping back. Her jaw was ridged and came to a point at her snout the size of Galen's head. She snorted at him and his hair stood on end from the static electricity that washed over him. She opened her mouth slightly to show off her razor sharp teeth the length of his finger before snapping her jaw shut with a loud CRACK! Her tongue, surprisingly, was blue. She had spikes on her spine that traveled its length all the way from the nape of her neck to the base of her tail. The spikes curved slightly forward until reaching her shoulders, where there was a small gap before they continued, only curving slightly backward toward her tail. Her tail was slightly longer than her body and had a flat tip that looked like a spade. The tip was sharp as a razor and could cut through armor and flesh like cutting butter with a hot knife.

"Can you communicate in that form?" Galen asked and she rolled her big dragon eyes at him. "I'll take that as a no. Have you scouted already?" She nodded. "Okay. I need you to coordinate with Lucinda. When you start attacking the supplies, she's going to try and save as many horses as she can so remember that before you start frying them." She focused one eye the size of a grapefruit onto Lucinda, then back at Galen. "I know," he said. "But this is important to her. She'll be fine." The dragon scoffed and it was Galen's turn to roll his eyes. "Just remember, if you see anyone already moving away from the camp before the sun sets, they're free to go. You might recognize Captain Jaxon leading them. She nodded then bucked her head in the direction of the north. "They're already gone?" She nodded. "Good."

Lucinda put a soft hand on Priscilla's front leg and stared in wonder at her. "You're so beautiful," she whispered and the dragon made a noise that sounded a lot like a cat purring. Lucinda looked up into her eyes. She smiled and said, "Just watch for me before you start killing the horses. I'll have a team with me and when we're in the clear, well, you know what to do." The dragon nodded once then jumped up in the air and, batting her wings, took flight. Galen and Lucinda were knocked to the ground by the force of the blast and both got up laughing and coughing up dust.

"Would you get me the scouts' reports?" Galen asked his wife when Priscilla got so high she looked like a small bird.

"Certainly, husband," she said and called to a man in the distance.

The man approached and gave Galen detailed reports from each of his scouts. "And that's it?" Galen asked.

"So far, my lord," he answered. "We still have scouts out and I'll have them report to you immediately upon return."

"If anyone's not back in fifteen minutes it'll be too late," he replied.

"You already have a plan?" Lucinda asked.

He grinned at her then looked at the man. "Can you have someone fetch me a satchel filled with pebbles about this size?" he asked holding his finger and thumb together at the tips making a circle about the size of a pingpong ball.

The scout leader looked confused for a moment before nodding. "Certainly, my lord," he said and took off.

"We also encountered a number of their scouts," Lucinda said. "The ones we captured are in the dungeon."

"How many coming from Spellthorn?" he asked.

"None," she said. "They're either excellently stealthy or unconcerned about the fate of their comrades."

"Most likely the latter," he replied then smiled warmly as a familiar figure entered the courtyard. "Congratulations, my queen," he said to Drusilla as he approached with a wide smile. "All dead?"

"As if you need to doubt my prowess, my lord," she said and chuckled. "But, yes. All dead. Even the nobility."

"You're okay, as well?" he asked, concerned as he looked up and down her body for injuries.

She smiled mischievously at him. "My lord," she said with a playful bat of her eyelashes and pretending to cover herself. "Save those looks for your wife and my daughter."

Galen rolled his eyes and grinned. "I just want to make sure you're okay," he said.

"I'm fine, my lord," she answered. "They did have a couple of mages I'd normally be concerned about but they weren't expecting a dragon to swoop down and light them on fire, so it was easy to dispatch them first. And before you ask, there's minimal damage to the field as well."

"Good," he said.

She looked around and asked, "Where is Pru'skila?"

Galen grinned and pointed upwards. "Scouting," he said.

She suddenly looked horrified. "My lord, are you sure that's wise?"

"She'll be fine," he replied, reassuring her. "She knows to stay out of sight until after dark."

"Yes, but, now that they know dragons are involved they'll be preparing for that," she said, almost in a panic.

"Oh, I'm counting on that," he said.

"What!? Why??" she asked.

"Because if they're looking to the sky for a dragon, they won't be paying attention to the ground for me," he said with a shit-eating grin.

"I've got to help her," she said as she started to back away.

"No," Galen said and when Drusilla paused he knelt and took her hand. "You're going to have to let her spread her wings a bit, my queen. If you keep her cooped up all her life she'll never learn."

She sighed in resignation, but her chest still heaved with fear. "I fear for her," she said. "She's the last hope of reviving our species."

"I know," Galen said. "But she needs to learn how to live at the same time and she can't do that if she's tucked under her mother's wing all her life."

Drusilla looked down at Galen with worried eyes but gave him a soft smile. "How did you get so wise at dragon rearing?" she asked.

"I didn't," he replied, grinning as he stood. "But we raised chickens when I was growing up."

She barked a laugh. "CHICKENS!!" she cackled.

"All kidding aside, though," he said. "I had children back home. When the last one, my only daughter, was ready to go out into the world I fought with a fury to keep her at home. I learned the hard way that when they're ready to leave, we have to let them go. We have to let them make their own choices and learn from their mistakes otherwise they'll never truly learn how to live. All we can do is be there for them to pick them back up, dust them off, and send them on their way again."

"To think," she said. "After a thousand years of living and tens of hundreds of dragonlings I've reared I'd be taking advice from a human. Thank you, Lord Galen," she said. "All I can promise to do is to try."

"Not just a human," he said with a smile as he raised one finger in the air. "A stupid human."

The three of them laughed at that as the scout leader returned with not one but three satchels. It was slow going as they were weighing him down and Galen met him halfway across the courtyard. "We brought three, my lord," the man grunted with effort. "Careful, they're heav...y" he trailed off as Galen took the first as if it weighed no more than if it was empty and the man's eyebrows slowly got higher as Galen relieved him of his burden.

"Perfect," Galen said. "Thank you."

"You're, ah, welcome, my lord," the man said.

Making his way back to Lucinda and Drusilla, he said, "Well, I'm off." He kissed Lucinda on the lips. "Love you," he said. "Be careful."

"I will," she said. "You, as well."

To Drusilla, he said, "Make yourself at home, my queen. Introduce yourself to Lillian and the girls. They might be able to help take your mind off your worries."

"I might do that, my lord," she replied. "Thank you."

With a wave over his shoulder he walked away. He adjusted the satchels as he walked. Each one was about the size of a small briefcase and had straps on each side for securing closer to the body. Buckling them all in place so they didn't flop around his body, Galen talked to Devi while he walked. ["So, my goddess,"] he thought to her. ["Are you ready for this?"]

["The question is, are you?"] she asked. ["Killing that many people will not only take a toll on my power and your body, but your psyche as well."]

["I'm never ready to kill,"] he replied. ["But it is what it is."]

["That makes you a dangerous man,"] she replied.

["I know,"] he thought. ["And soon, all of Terra will know it."]

["If I didn't know any better,"] she kidded him. ["I'd think you were looking forward to taking over the world."]

["Only the land,"] he replied with all seriousness. ["The world can come later if they're feeling frisky enough."]

["I've always liked that euphemism,"] she said. ["It's funny, yet serious enough to cause the other party to give pause before action."]

["What about this one?"] he asked. ["Fuck around and find out."]

["Ohh, I've not heard that one,"] she practically purred. ["That's a good one. Please use it sometime."]

["As you will, my love,"] he thought with a grin. He walked in silence for a time, nodding to or saluting the odd person or soldier that greeted him.

["Galen,"] Devi said after a while.

["Yes?"] he asked.

["DO you love me?"] she asked.

He thought about it for a few moments before answering. ["Well, you've never done anything to make me not love you. No, that's not right. What I mean is, you have my best interests at heart. You take care of me and make sure my needs are met."]

["Not all of them,"] she replied with a chuckle.

["You know what I mean,"] he thought back to her with a wry smile. ["You're in my head. You know my every waking thought, and some of my unconscious ones. You tell me. Do I love you?"]

["I already know the answer,"] she said and she sounded vulnerable. ["But it's good to hear it spoken out loud sometimes."]

He smirked. ["I'm literally having a conversation with you in my head,"] he thought as he chuckled.

["Now who's being facetious,"] she chided him and he felt a slap on his ass.

"Ouch!" he cried aloud as his hand went to rub the spot she slapped. "That hurt!"

["That was the intention,"] she said with a giggle.

["Good thing we're not within earshot of anyone,"] he thought back to her. ["I already look like an idiot for carrying three bags full of rocks."]

["Speaking of which, why rocks and not a bow and arrow?"] she asked.

["Don't you already know?"] he asked.

["I can find out,"] she replied. ["But it might surprise you to know that I don't go prying into every corner of your brain. Some things I'd like to find out from you."]

["Interesting,"] he thought back to her. ["I've hunted all my life back home. You'd think I'd be intimately familiar with any type of bow in the world. However, I'm not sure I trust this body to draw a bow and make the shot count."]

["Why not?"] she asked.

["Muscle memory,"] he replied. ["I don't have it in this body. If I had my old body I could shoot a bow better than Robin Hood, but in this body all my muscle memory is gone. Besides, even with a bow there's a chance someone could sound the alarm. Rocks are much faster and much more deadly with the enhanced strength you give me."]

["Makes sense,"] she said.

They walked in silence again for a time. Upon reaching the city gates, Galen saluted the guards and as soon as he got outside the doors, he made for the woods. He walked lazily, as if he didn't have a clear direction in mind. "I love you, Devi," he suddenly spoke up and a feeling of pleasure washed over his body. "Whoa," he said in almost a moan and stumbled slightly. His cock immediately stood at attention. "What was that?"

["I love you, too, Galen,"] she replied in his head and she sounded as happy as a newlywed bride.

As he got to the treeline, suddenly his pants came undone and his cock spilled out in the open. He groaned as he gripped a tree for support as unseen hands stroked his cock. "Holy shit," he panted. "I didn't know you could do this."

["Not until you said it out loud,"] she replied in his head.

"Ohh, Fuuuckk!" he exclaimed as his cock exploded, sending ropes of cum onto the side of the tree and down its bark.

He stood there panting when it was over. His cock was gingerly tucked back into his trousers and the laces tied once more. He felt a small kiss on his lips. ["While you're gone,"] she practically purred inside his head. ["I'll get with your wives and decide on a body so I can feel pleasure for a change."]

Composing himself, he said, "Are you the goddess of love, as well?" He chuckled. "Wait," he said. "Wives??"

["Pru'skila is your wife now, too, no?"] she asked.

"I mean, I haven't drawn up a writ of marriage or anything yet," he replied.

["But you already agreed to take her as your wife for a year when you get back from Prax,"] she said.

"Yeah, but, she's not my wife yet," he corrected.

["She might as well be,"] she said with flippant finality. Galen shook his head then took off into the woods. ["Why are we going south?"] Devi asked.

"To throw them off," he replied. "I don't want them to know I'm coming. Can you keep an eye out for scouts and point them out to me?"

["Sure,"] she replied.

A hundred yards into the trees he took a right and slowly circled his way back to the north toward the camping army. It seemed he was ignoring the two Drakken that had followed him, but in truth, he knew where they were the entire time. He was surprised to find that they were more stealthy than he was. An hour later he got a mental nudge from Devi.

["What is it?"] he asked silently.

["Two scouts coming from your three o'clock,"] she replied. ["They'll be in view in three, two,"]

Galen got a couple of rocks ready and as soon as he saw the enemy scouts he let the rocks fly one right after the other. The first rock took the first scout in the eye and embedded itself into his brain, instantly killing him. The second rock, not even a second later, took the second scout in the throat and dropped out the back of his neck to fall the forest floor. The second scout gurgled for a few seconds before he died.

["Nice throwing, lover,"] Devi purred inside his head.

["Do I have a new title to add to the four I already have?"] he joked.