Flight to Submission Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mr Bourne has made his selection and I will make the necessary adjustments to your footwear," she said. "The items will be sent to your address in the next few days."

Suddenly she smiled at Stephanie.

"It has been a while since I had the pleasure of fitting one of Mr Bourne's subs," she said. "I thoroughly approve of his choice. You will do very well child!"

Stephanie didn't know what to say but was saved from having to do so as the assistant re-entered the room. She crossed to the woman and murmured in her ear.

"I believe you are expected for lunch," the woman told Stephanie, "So I won't keep you any longer."

The assistant ushered Stephanie back into the front of the shop where the chauffeur was once again waiting for her. He guided her to the car and seated her inside. He settled into the driver's seat and once again guided the car out into the traffic. The jaguar moved smoothly along as the chauffeur deftly negotiated the lunch time traffic. After just a few minutes they were pulling up outside the Institute of Directors in Pall Mall. The chauffeur handed her from the car and guided her up the steps into the elegant lobby. He moved to the reception desk and spoke to the gentleman standing behind it. The man beckoned for a young man in uniform to approach and gestured to Stephanie.

The young man walked over to where she was standing.

"Please accompany me to the Members' Lounge," he said. "Your lunch companion is waiting for you."

Stephanie was shown into an elegant room with walls painted an unobtrusive sage green, corniced ceilings and dark wood, leather upholstered seating. Gilt framed oil paintings lined the walls and the deep pile carpet absorbed all sound. There was a semi-private alcove set at the back of the room, and it was to here that Stephanie was led. Seated at the table was the most stunning woman Stephanie had ever seen. When she stood, Stephanie could see she was tall and willowy. She had large, expressive green eyes and high cheekbones set in a heart shaped face and her burnished copper hair was swept up into an elegant, knotted chignon. There was an inner strength to her that shone through and Stephanie could see that she was regarded with respect by the other member, mostly male, who were dining at nearby tables.

The woman smiled at Stephanie and gestured for her to be seated.

"My name is Alexandra, and David Bourne has asked me to introduce myself to you," she said.

"I'm very pleased to meet you," Stephanie said, then gasped.

Encircling the woman's neck was a twisted gold choker and her right wrist held the same bracelet as Stephanie herself was wearing! It couldn't be! How could this woman, who radiated power and composure, be a submissive.

Alexandra noticed Stephanie's stunned expression and laughed softly. She ordered two glasses of iced water and sent the waiter away, allowing Stephanie to regain her composure.

"Yes, I am a submissive like you," she said. "In fact, Master David trained me. He also found me the Master to whom I now belong and the relationship is so strong that we are now married." She smiled in reminiscence. "In fact our marriage ceremony was doubly significant in that the Collaring ceremony was an integral part of it! We committed ourselves to each other fully and irrevocably, and I can honestly say that I have never, for one moment, regretted my decision. When I met David, I was running my own PR business and highly successful, but I had a nagging feeling that something was missing in my life. My relationships never lasted, either because the man couldn't handle my success or because he was too weak in his interactions with me. It was David who recognised what I was and what I needed. I thought he was crazy at first, but he left me the space to consider what he had told me and the option to approach him should I decide that he was right. It took some soul searching, I can tell you, but I eventually decided that I should at least try to explore what he was suggesting. I made a call and we arranged to meet at his hotel. From the moment I walked through his door, he was the Dominant and I was amazed at how easily I slipped into the submissive role!"

At Stephanie's incredulous look, Alexandra smiled. "You think because I was successful and powerful that I couldn't change so easily?" she asked.

"Well, yes," Stephanie said, confused. "I mean, I can understand the feelings in myself. After all, I've never put myself forward in anything and prefer being in the background, really. But you, you're... well you're elegant and sophisticated and people obviously regard you with respect!"

"Oh my dear girl," Alexandra laughed gently. "What we are in our outside lives, what we do, how successful or powerful we are, has no bearing whatsoever in what we truly are at heart!" She narrowed her eyes and gently shook a finger at Stephanie. "Let me tell you this and assure you of its truth. No real Master or Mistress wants a doormat! They want a submissive who is confident and proud of who and what she is. A true Master or Mistress revels in their submissive's success and accomplishment. Never think that being a submissive means you are somehow inferior to everyone else. Nothing could be further from the truth! A submissive chooses to give themselves to their Master/Mistress. This act of submission is not one of weakness but of strength! A submissive is not a slave, whose Master/Mistress controls their every act, a submissive is one who acknowledges the experience and knowledge of their Master/Mistress and makes the decision to place themselves under their guidance. It is an act both of self-knowledge and of supreme trust. A true Master/Mistress will not abuse this trust and will work diligently with their submissive to guide them along the path to becoming the best that they can be!"

As Alexandra was explaining all of this, her eyes held Stephanie's, conveying the depth of her convictions and earnestness. There was no apology in those eyes, simply a deep and abiding belief in the words she was speaking. Stephanie felt the power of them sinking into her being.

Alexandra smiled at the expression in Stephanie's eyes. She looked a little like a deer caught in the headlights, but Alexandra could tell that her words were resonating within the young woman in front of her. She gave a slight nod. Yes, David was right about this one! She was a true sub but she was too self-effacing. She needed to be shown her own value and moreover, she needed a friend who could understand how she felt, who could gently guide and support her on this new journey. She would have helped simply out of the gratitude she felt towards David for opening her to her true nature but now she was determined to help for the girl's own sake! David had briefed her about Stephanie's parents and looking at the girl in front of her, she cursed them roundly. The poor thing looked overawed and uncertain and yet to Alexandra's experienced eye, there was so much to her to be treasured!

She touched Stephanie's hand lightly, bringing her back to the present.

"Stephanie, if I know one thing, it is that Master David has never yet been mistaken in his judgement of a potential sub," she said. "He sees qualities in you that he wishes to bring out, to encourage and nurture and he has told me that he believes you will blossom into one of the best subs he has ever had the pleasure and honour to train. After meeting you, I can already see some of the things that he has!" she affirmed, holding Stephanie's eyes. "Now, shall we order lunch?" she asked in a lighter tone. "I don't know about you but I'm famished!"

Stephanie smiled shyly as she nodded her agreement. She was still trying to come to terms with the fact that this obviously powerful woman was a sub, and from the looks of it, a very happy one. She wore the collar and bracelet with style and confidence. Stephanie looked down at the table. She couldn't imagine herself like this woman, but both her new Master and now Alexandra had both said they believed she had potential. Even the woman in the shoe shop had said something similar. Could they all be right? Could she really become as confident and assured as Alexandra?

The two women settled down to eat discussing a wide range of topics as the meal progressed. Stephanie learned that Alexandra's firm catered to the top blue chip companies in the UK and that her client list was very select. She heard in detail about how she had first met David at a PR event that had been held here in the Institute of Directors.

Alexandra in turn gently probed Stephanie for details of her life. She allowed her to open up about her parents and how she had decided on a career as a flight attendant in part to escape from her mother's domineering ways. She genuinely loved her father but Alexandra detected a brittleness when it came to her mother, almost as if Stephanie was an abused animal always waiting for that next blow to descend! Although Stephanie hadn't realised it, she had already taken steps towards self-confidence in that she had chosen a career that would remove her from her mother's influence, both emotionally and physically. Due to the nature of her job, Stephanie lived in Ealing, whereas her parents lived in Coniston, a small village in the Lake District, famous as the place where Donald Campbell broke four water speed records before his tragic death attempting to break the records once again. Stephanie's mother was a distant relation and very proud of the link between the families, something she never failed to highlight whenever meeting someone new!

Alexandra also found out that although Stephanie had casual friendships amongst her colleagues, she maintained no close relationships and was something of a loner. Alexandra had a sneaking suspicion that her mother's behaviour towards her had caused Stephanie to be wary of letting anyone get close to her, afraid of getting hurt! As they finished their meal, Alexandra leaned across the table and captured Stephanie's hand.

"Stephanie, I want you to know that I understand what you are currently going through," she said quietly and earnestly. "After all, I have been through it myself! I want you to know that you can always come to me if you ever have any questions, any doubts or fears!"

She nodded as Stephanie looked at her in amazement.

"Stephanie, I believe you are a truly remarkable woman ... you just don't know it yet!" she said smiling. "You have been lucky enough to have found David to be your Master. Trust him and believe in him if you cannot yet believe in yourself! If he sees something in you, then it is true!"

Stephanie didn't know what to say! She felt as if she had been swept up in a whirlwind that was implacably eroding all the long-held beliefs she had had! She couldn't understand how all these new people could see something in her that her parents and friends hadn't recognised, that she herself hadn't recognised! Nevertheless, this constant affirmation of hidden qualities was steadily seeping into her consciousness!

She smiled back at Alexandra. "I would very much like to take you up on your offer," she said. "That is, if you have the time to spare, I mean!"

Alexandra squeezed Stephanie's hand in reassurance. "Stephanie, I have all the time in the world for you!" she said. "It would be my honour and my pleasure to help you through your first stages of training."

She kept hold of Stephanie's hand as she continued.

"I won't tell you that the training will be easy," she warned. "There will be times where it will be painful or humiliating, but you need to know that this is necessary. These things are used to break through your self-imposed barriers, to strip away all falsely held beliefs," she paused. "In a way," she said consideringly, "it is like basic training in the army. In order to create perfection - in your case a strong, self-confident, submissive - it is necessary to strip away all of the dross, everything that interferes with attaining that perfection."

When put that way, Stephanie started to understand exactly what course she had started to chart. It would be hard but she had the guidance of a Master that she trusted and respected and the support of this woman, whom she had instinctively warmed to.

"I understand," she said quietly, smiling shyly at Alexandra.

Alexandra tapped her hand smartly.

"That is something that needs to change immediately!" she chided, smiling as Stephanie looked at her in confusion.

"You are too apologetic, too convinced that you are somehow less than others! That must change. Your Master will demand obedience, yes, but not blind obedience! You must be demure but within that must be an absolute belief in yourself," she paused, then added gently, "in other words, my dear, you need to learn to love yourself!"

Tears brimmed in Stephanie's eyes. Nobody had taken the time to speak to her in this way. It was almost as if Alexandra could see into her soul, to the small part of her hidden away from the rest of the world!

"Don't you dare!" Alexandra said laughing. "If you well up then so shall I and that will ruin my reputation as a hard-nosed businesswoman!"

The idea was so ludicrous that it startled an answering laugh out of Stephanie and for some reason she immediately felt better.

Alexandra delved into her back and brought out a neat business card. Turning it over, she wrote a number on the back before handing it to Stephanie.

"If you need to talk just call my office and they will put you through," she said. "The number on the back is my private mobile that I keep with me 24/7. If you are having a crisis or really need to talk something through, call me. I will do everything I can to help and support you Stephanie," she continued, smiling. "I would like to think that you and I could become friends. I don't have many that I trust in that position, but I think you might well qualify!"

She ignored Stephanie's blush and signalled to the waiter to bring the cheque. Once she had paid, she rose from the table and linked her arm in Stephanie's as the two women walked out to the entrance lobby.

They stopped as they spotted the ever attentive chauffeur, patiently waiting. Alexandra took Stephanie by the shoulders and kissed her on each cheek.

"Remember, Stephanie," she said quietly so that only she could hear, "Believe in your Master and believe in yourself! I do not waste my time with those who are not worthy of it, so believe me when I say I look forward to a long and lasting friendship between us."

She gave Stephanie another small envelope, explaining that it was not to be opened until Stephanie had reached her next destination, then gave her a little push towards the chauffeur. She smiled slightly as the young woman thanked the chauffeur for holding the door as she walked out. She asked the receptionist to call for her car and once she was comfortably ensconced in the back seat, took out her phone and dialled a number.

"You're right," she said as David answered her call. "She has the potential to be amazing but her mother did a real number on her! It's going to take some hard work to counteract that early conditioning." She paused and then made up her mind. "May I make a suggestion?" she asked quietly.

"You may," David said.

One of the reasons he had asked Alexandra to meet with Stephanie was to get the opinion of an experienced submissive.

"I think that for now her training should concentrate on opening herself to her own sexuality and reinforcing a positive image of herself. I think you should avoid training involving humiliation until she has a stronger psyche. May I ask what you have done with her so far?"

David outlined what he had done both in the hotel and via phone and text messaging.

Alexandra thought hard for a moment, then gave her reply.

"I think it may be safest at the moment, to keep the humiliation training as personal between yourself and her," she said slowly. You need to be able to break down all of those self-imposed barriers, and I warn you," she said firmly, "from what I have seen they are very high and very firmly rooted! But I think you need to hold off from anything that involves anyone other than you.

There was silence on the other end of the line as David paused to consider her words. He had been thinking along the same lines but had wanted to get Alexandra's reading of Stephanie from a submissive's point of view.

"Very well," he finally said. "I believe I know the way to proceed and I want to thank you for your assistance and input. It is very much appreciated."

"Having met Stephanie, I would do this for her sake even if you hadn't asked me to keep an eye on her," Alexandra said. "She is so sure that she is worthless that it breaks my heart! Her parents should be shot for doing this to her! But I can sense there is steel underneath the fragility," she continued. "We just need to break through to that core and I think she might surprise us all with the difference!"

"My thoughts exactly," David replied. "Thank you very much for today, Alexandra. Please give my best regards to Master James and I hope to catch up with you both when I'm next in London. Oh, and please thank him for his assistance with regards to Stephanie's apartment. My thanks to you too for seeing to the replacement of the items within the apartment. I am very grateful to you both."

Alexandra leaned back in her seat as David rang off. It was going to be a very intense time for Stephanie but she was intrigued to see how everything would turn out.

Meanwhile, Stephanie was once again being swept along in the jaguar towards her next destination. The car wound its way through central London and finally entering the theatre district. Stephanie's mouth fell open when the car pulled up in Monmouth Street outside a small shop with a brown façade and the title Coco de Mer emblazoned at the top in pink lettering. It was immediately apparent what the shop sold from the lingerie clad dummies in the window!

Stephanie fumbled for the envelope that Alexandra had given her and with trembling fingers, ripped it open. Inside, in clear type were instructions from her Master.

"Yesterday you received a selection of toys from me. However, certain items were left out as they would have been unwieldy to include in the parcel. You are to enter Coco de Mer and pick out the following: 2 riding crops, a schooling whip, a cane, 2 floggers and 2 paddles. You may choose from the selection in the shop but be aware that if I find you have been too lenient in your choices, I will replace the items with ones that will be far more harsh! Place the items on my account"

The Chauffeur once again held open the door and assisted Stephanie to alight. She paused on the threshold, taking a deep breath before entering. She had quickly realised that her Master intended her to participate in her own punishments by selecting the tools to be used on her. Swallowing hard, she entered and walked to the counter where an assistant was standing.

As the assistant looked enquiringly at her, Stephanie took hold of her courage and spoke up.

"I am here to choose items for punishment," she said, trying to look as if this was something she did every day.

"Certainly, madam," the young woman said professionally. "Please follow me."

She led the way to the back of the store, past racks of exotic lingerie, costumes, various sex toys, hoods, blindfolds, restraints of all kinds, cuffs, collars and many more items that Stephanie couldn't at the moment take in as her mind was dwelling on the task ahead of her. Part of her was horrified but she was surprised to feel her panties becoming moist!

The assistant stopped in front of a set of racks that surrounded a glass topped table. Upon that table were laid out a selection of multi-stranded floggers and a few paddles of various sizes and materials. The racks contained a selection of whips and canes together with further styles of floggers and paddles. Again Stephanie swallowed hard and then bearing in mind her Master's warning, started to study what was on offer. She took her time, trying to ignore the assistant standing deferentially by. She was amazed by the wide selection there seemed to be. She saw riding crops with leather tips that ranged from wide to narrow, from elegant simplicity to fancy stoning. Canes in various shapes and colours. She bit her lip as she looked at these and the schooling whips. Strokes from either of these items would hurt! A lot! Floggers ranged from those with soft, wide strands to those with much thinner strands, knotted at the end of each. Paddles ranged from solid, polished wood through to those clad in leather, from smooth surfaces through to studded and from solid through to splits or cut out designs. Stephanie felt slightly overwhelmed but could almost feel her Master's presence silently demanding that she make her choice!